Start by marking “Deflected (Game On in Seattle, Seattle Sockeyes Book 9)” as Want to Read:
Deflected (Game On in Seattle, Seattle Sockeyes Book 9)

Deflected

(Seattle Sockeyes #9)

Alexander “Rush” Markov has been given an ultimatum by his team—shape up or ship out.

Alex is celebrating his biggest season in professional hockey, and he’s enjoying every minute of it—perhaps a little too much. He’s been non-stop partying like a rockstar since his team won it all, and management isn’t pleased. Next thing Alex knows, he’s been exiled to a remote island wi
Published May 23rd 2019 by Cedrona Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Deflected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deflected

Love2ReadRomance
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Alex and Rosalind’s banter! Deflected is a great story and incredibly entertaining. After I started this book, I was not able to put it down. Highly recommended read!
Erin Lewis
5 star Review Deflected by Jami Davenport

Alexander “Rush” Markov plays professional hockey, hard, fast and parties even harder. Alex is also a closet reader and he often escapes into the world of book. After over celebrating his teams Stanley Cup win, he knows he needs to ease off his partying ways.

When management decides he needs an intervention, Alex is packed off to Madrona Island with instructions to keep a low profile and to get his life and his future back on track.

Rosalind Newcomb owns a
Karen
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh, yeah that cover model is Alex!! Wow how fun to read about the islands off Washington coast. I've been on the ferries and to Victoria so I could picture scenery. It was fun to read about island life. The author alludes to the Playboy lifestyle but it's pretty tame (not explicit) yet you know that going from movie star or models to small town bookstore owner would be A LOT!!!
Author made us feel that Roz was out of element when they went to Victoria and Alex got spotted as a celebrity.
So great
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I just couldn't put this book down last night. I was so intrigued to see what was going to happen and then before I knew it the book was done. Alex and Rosalind are more alike than they think, but can she get over his reputation? Will he finally admit he's ready for love? You will have to read it to find out. This was a very well written book and I look forward to more.
Lauren
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex is all about the playboy lifestyle til his management get pissed and send him to a small island to get his stuff together. He meets Roz quickly and opens his mouth and ruins it lol. These two are like oil and water and there banter is amazing. I love that Roz had no idea who she was and even when she was told she didn't automatically google him. Im glad that Alex gives her breaks to shut down and breath before he gets forceful and takes over situations. Im so glad that Alex doesn't take no ...more
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
When party boy and pro-hockey player Alex “Rush” Markov is sent to a remote island in the off season by his team’s management to tone down his behaviors and stay out of trouble, he feels exiled and wonders how he will spend his time with no entertainment to keep him busy.

When he walks into the small town bookstore to indulge his secret love of reading, he knows immediately that his summer just became a lot more interesting. There’s no denying his attraction for the sassy owner who doesn’t fall
Marnie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🔥 She almost sees into his soul, and rips the rug of self protection out from under his feet. 🔥

Jami Davenport is my rock-star author of Ice Hockey romances since I discovered her books several years ago. She has built a complete literary sports world, where readers of this Seattle world are spoiled for choice of codes that include, Ice Hockey, Baseball and Football, and I have loved every book that she has written in these series, including this book, Deflected.

Alexander “Rush” Markov hides his
Jennifer Pierson
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex, aka Rush, Markov has been celebrating winning his biggest hockey season ever, and it's raised some eyebrows from the higher ups. So now, he's being shipped off to a remote island to chill out & not get into trouble, or basically his career with the Seattle Sockeyes could be over. Alex thinks he's about to die on the boring, small community on Madrona Island, until he meets good girl, Rosalind Newcomb. She's very uptight, and he very much enjoys pushing her buttons. Rosalind sticks to a ...more
Jackie Wright
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Madrona Island spin off from Game On in Seattle and this is Alexander “Rush” Markov’s story. This like all the other books in this series can be read as a stand-alone but I’m sure once you pick up one of these stories you will want to learn more about these hot Seattle hockey players and their partners.
Alex and his team have just won the Stanley Cup and that’s means and lots of partying and plenty of wild nights for the man nicknamed Rush but the team owners have other plans and if
Heather
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review**

Alexander "Rush" Markov plays hockey for the Seattle Sockeyes and after finishing his most rewarding season yet, he's been partying hard. Probably a little too hard, at least that's the stance from team management. He's notorious for partying and liking women and when he starts making headlines, the team steps in. Alex is sent to Madrona Island and told that he needs to keep a low profile and clean up his act, oth
Jo Gammage
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alex “Rush” Markov is a professional hockey player who has created an image of being a party animal and a womanizer, but he has a huge secret he’s a closet bookworm. Alex is now paying for his wild ways, after winning The Stanley Cup team management isn’t impressed with his ways and has stepped in, and sending Alex to Madrona Island to get his act together and his future on track as Ethan the team owner wants him to step up and assume a leadership role with-in the team.
Once Alex is on the island
Marea
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alexander ‘Rush’ Markov is a NHL bad boy who has been told by the Seattle Sockeyes he better shape up his ways and stay out of the press in the off season or he might be shipped out to another team. Being sent to Madrona Island seemed like pure torture at first, it was just too quiet. But maybe that is exactly what Rush needed, to be true not only to himself but also to his teammates and others around him. Was Rosalind going to help him do that?

Rosalind Newcomb is a quiet island girl who has he
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alexander “Rush” Markov is the bad boy of all bad boys, on the ice and off, which has earned him a reputation... one that his boss would like him to shed in the off season. He has issued Rush an ultimatum, clean up his act or he will be playing for another team. This ultimatum comes with a trip to an deserted island, and strict instructions to keep his nose clean... and hands off of random women!

It all sounds easy enough, but then he crosses paths with good girl Rosalind Newcomb... and suddenly
Marybeth
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Alex and Rosalind's story! If there is one thing I love to see, it's when a bad boy player meets someone he actually wants to change for. When Alex Markov is sent to Madrona Island by the coach to clean up his act because he has been non-stop binge partying since they won the Cup and that simply wasn't going to fly anymore; he meets Rosalind, and she does not like him at all. This is something new for Alex since he is used to women fawning all over him. She is nothing at all like any othe ...more
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I have been absolutely hooked to all of these Sockeyes players and their stories. I anticipate the next ones story after finishing each one and I just knew that Rush's was going to be good.

In the small island town after getting in trouble with the Sockeyes for his behavior he comes across a bookstore and an owner that instantly has him attracted. One problem with that…she isn't falling for his charms. In fact it seems as if she can't stand him and the more the see each other the more the feelin
Stacey Goodwin
Fall in love with Rush!
And that is exactly what you do in Deflected, the new Sockeye’s book by Jami Davenport. Not only do you fall in love with the character we have all been introduced to in previous books, but you travel down the road with him as he discovers love with Roz. When Rush gets benched to Madrona Island for partying a little too hard, he finds Roz, an Island bookstore owner who has some secrets of her own. Over time these two seemingly opposite people come to find they have more in
2kasmom
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book #2, in the Madrona Island series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and to understand the characters and the series better, I recommend reading this series in order.

Alex AKA "Rush" is temporarily banished to an island to learn to calm down. His team is concerned that he cannot stop his partying ways. His drinking and playing around is catching up to him.

Rosalind meets Alex for the first time when he comes into her bookstore. As a sheltered good girl, sh
Kari Hansen
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since his team won the Stanley Cup Alex has taken celebrating to an extreme and the team management is not impressed with his antics. They have given him a choice to either spend a month on Madrona Island and repair his reputation or his position on the team is in jeopardy.

Rosalind had plans for her future but since the relationship with her boyfriend ended they have taken a detour. She still wants the happy ever after however there aren’t a lot of men on the island to choose from.

From the
Chris
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deflected is a fantastic hot hockey romance that I couldn’t put down. It was an interesting twist to have the entire story take place in the off season but it gave some interesting insight into what it must be like for a sexy playboy of a player to try and clean up his image. Alex is trying to do just that when he meets Rosalind, the one woman who doesn’t know who he is and doesn’t like him either. She challenges him and if that isn’t a turn on for Alex, but she also helps him figure out who he ...more
Elizabeth
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eram, sports, arc
This is a sweet romance featuring a hockey star needing to clean up his image. If you have followed Ms Davenport's work, you will see some familiar faces in this stand alone effort.
I really liked Alex and appreciated his emotional journey from hockey bad boy to someone who was ready to open his heart and explore a real relationship. Rosalind was a sweet, slightly feisty heroine that was also easy to like.
From a plot standpoint, Deflected is a quick read. This means that the story is e
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first as they are in the same series
Madrona Sunset (Madrona Island, #1)
Love at First Snow: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2.5)
Hearts on Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle #3.5)

This is Rosalind and Alex’s story. Alex is all for partying hard but when management steps in and he is ordered to stay out of t
Susan Trewick
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous read this was, I was literally hooked from the first page and read it in one sitting, I was totally invested in Alex and Rosalind as individuals and as a couple. At the beginning I really didn’t think Alex could change his man whore ways, but one look and argument with Rosalind changed that. I loved the banter between them and that Rosalind didn’t throw herself at Alex, she treat him like she did everyone else, just with a bit more sass! It was refreshing to read about a H that l ...more
Elizabeth Clinton
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you have the ultimate playboy hockey player and you need to tame him and send a message. You send him to a nice quite island to regroup, but what he never expects is the owner of a quaint bookstore to set him straight.
Alex Markov is a Player with the Seattle Sockeyes hockey team but he also a player off the ice, Rosalind Newcomb is a owner of a cute Bookstore on Madrona Island and when the two meet the chemistry is off the charts but the banter is even better.
Two totally di
ItaPixie
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I have enjoyed this book so so much.
I liked the enemies to lovers plot and the main characters banters were entertaining.

Alex and Rosalind story is really nice, a famous hockey player with a melting panties smile the first and a lovely bookstore owner the latter. They didn't start their relationship with the right foot, hating each other on the spot.Fortunately Madrona Island is not so big and they keep meeting each other and little by little they grow and start to know and understand each oth

Tania's Book Blog
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alex and Rosalind were the complete opposite on paper but yet had a lot in common. This wasn’t an insta love story; no where close to it!!! Rosalind couldn’t stand Alex and he found her attractive but rude, lol. But yet he continued pursuing her because she didn’t know he was a famous hockey player. And when she found out she disliked him even more, 😂😂😂. But when things finally got romantic between these two you saw a side to both that is enjoyable and also how great of a team they are. They mad ...more
JKAF
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man do I love these hockey guys!

Possible SPOILERS

Alexander "Rush" Markov has been sent to Madrona Island to basically grow-up...stop drinking so much, stop with the woman and stay out of the media for awhile. Alex decides that the Island life really isn't so bad especially when he meets bookstore owner Rosalind but he seems to push her buttons the wrong way and he sees her as a challenge...
Rosalind doesn't quite know what to make of Alex and once she gets to know him things change a little.
Whe
Jackie Ziegler
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alex is the ultimate bad boy of hockey, he's hot, sexy and single and just parties and has all the women he wants. When the team sends him to Madrona Island after the season is over to think about his behavior he never expects to meet a woman who throws him off his game. Rosalind wants nothing to do with the hockey bad boy, she doesn't care how good looking he is he is nothing but a pain in her butt. When she starts to get to know the real Alex will he tear down not only her walls but his own?
Elizabeth
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One again Jami Davenport takes us back to the Seattle Sockeyes and one of its hockey players. This time she focuses on Rush, the Russian party boy and player. The higher ups order him to clean up after their win of the Cup and start acting like a leader, so off he goes to a familiar island, where Alex emerges. Rosalind is the local bookstore owner and secret romance author and the fireworks begin. I love the play between the two; the banner is fun and the heat intense. I laughed more than once a ...more
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
He's a bad boy on and off the ice. She's a good girl, all year round. Can she tame the bad boy or will he bring out her wild side? Davenport uses sports as a metaphor for real life. Deflected is drowning in depth of character and heartbreakingly, beautiful romance. Alex and Rosalind takes readers beyond the surface noise and into an emotionally, captivating battle of hearts. Davenport makes it easy to get caught up in real life drama with stunning romance.
Teresa Hoag
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex "Rush" Markov is a Hokey player celebrating a Stanley Cup win. He keeps his perfect English and his love of reading a secret. Alex has a tragic past and is afraid of love. Rosalind is a bookstore owner and secret romance writer. She likes her sheltered, structured, quiet life.

I'm in love with Alex and Rosalind. The plot of ths story is easy to follow yet very engaging. My favorite book by this author to date.
« previous 1 3 next »
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a free novel and be notified of new releases, special sales, and contests: http://eepurl.com/LpfaL

USA Today Bestselling Author Jami Davenport writes sexy contemporary and sports romances, including her Game On in Seattle Series, Men of Tyee Series, and coming soon will be a romantic suspense series, Gone Missing.

Jami lives on a small farm near Puget Sound with

Seattle Sockeyes (9 books)
  • Skating on Thin Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1)
  • Crashing the Net: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2)
  • Melting Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #3)
  • Bodychecking: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #5)
  • Goaltending (Game On in Seattle #8)
  • Penalty Play (Game On in Seattle, #9)
  • Shutdown Player (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey Game On in Seattle #10)
  • Shot on Goal: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle Book 11)