Start by marking “Artificial Love” as Want to Read:
Artificial Love

Artificial Love

Deep in the heart of the wild west, rebel marauders are drawing out a bloody civil war that no side can win. Many ranchers, including Lisbeth's father die trying to save their farms, leaving their women to fight to keep their land and stay alive.

When Lisbeth and her mousy younger sister Ruth come face to face with the uncouth land pirates who seize their farm as a scouti
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Artificial Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artificial Love

Start your review of Artificial Love
Laura A. Grace
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
VIDEO REVIEW HERE: https://youtu.be/fgWy0tMcFxg

Great short story! It gave me some big smiles and few giggles because I LOVED the way Lisbeth talked. Really sets the tone of Wild West.

Dane was soooooo incredibly sweet!

That ending was a jaw-dropper. And I do mean literally. My jaw straight dropped and just stared at my Kindle for a moment so my brain could process it.

Is it bad I want to ask the author for more of this story to know what happens next?

Fun and quick read that I would totally recomm
Steve
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fascinating and oddly curious tale.

Two girls stranded on their family farm, forced to pretend they are robots to survive the onslaught of marauders. An odd twist of fate causes love to bloom under these strange circumstances.
Ashley
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Artificial Love was great! It was a short read, taking me probably 30 minutes, but it packed a big punch. It was so unique, so original. And that ending! What a shocker! I'd love more stories set in this fascinating western steampunk world.
Janeen Ippolito
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A clever, heartfelt, and well-written little short story with a great sense of cattlepunk--steampunk's Wild West little sib--and a fun ending. Even though I totally still ship *spoilers*!
Brianna
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Artificial Love, despite its name, features a lot of genuine love. At its heart, the story is about a big sister trying to save her little story and protect what's left of their family, all while falling in love. This was a sweet, interesting, and fun read, and it's also the kind of story that might leave you reeling a little!
Lacey
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this thrilling, gripping, and entertaining story of two sisters with the world pitted against them. Lisbeth’s bravery and cunning ideas were fun to read about. I enjoyed the entire story and didn’t want it to end! Maybe the author will consider a sequel?
Jacqueline Patterson
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Somehow the author managed to break my heart in just a few pages. 😭😭😭 And I can’t even say anything because SPOILERS.
Just...read this book.
J.M. Jablowski
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting Cattlepunk Story

Well gosh, that ending took me by surprise there. I'm honestly not sure what I think of it, I have a few mixed feelings about it.

I am a little bit concerned too about the younger sister. I feel like her story wasn't resolved.
Rachel Olson
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Very unexpected and a great read! I highly recommend to people that are wanting to read something that isn’t cliche! 😊
Britt
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute!

Lisbeth and Dane are so cute! I liked the premise of western setting and robots, and it was such a sweet story. That ending though! I laughed out loud!
Bethany Jennings
Loved this startling little story! It's gripping, gritty, emotional, and sweet - everything you expect from an RJ Conte book, but in a really unexpected Western sci-fi setting, and with an ending that'll make you laugh, or gasp, or cry, or all three. :D
Kate
Patricia Dugan
Jul 20, 2019

• Heart of the Curiosity
  • Match Cats: Three Tails of Love
  • Tales of Ever After (Fellowship of Fantasy, #4)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Horseman (Crockett and Crane #1)
  • Shadow Light: A Short Fairy Tale
  • A Royal Masquerade  (The Tales of Ambia #2)
  • Daughter of Sun, Bride of Ice (Ice and Fate, #1)
  • If Wishes Were Curses (The Steel City Genie #1)
  • Reformed
  • To Court a Queen
  • Met By Midnight
  • Gruff (Once Upon a Western #1.7)
  • 'Twas an Evening in Bethlehem
  • Between Shifts (The City Between, #2)
  • Prince of Stars, Son of Fate
  • Arbrook Huxley & the Star-Crossed Lovers (A Celestial Isles Story)
  • How to Catch a Unicorn and Other Misadventures: A Humorous Romance Anthology
RJ Conte has kissed only one boy in her entire life - and she married him - inspiring her to write about sweet or powerful love stories ever since. She writes issue-driven fiction that explores human nature and the depths of the soul while pointing readers to their Creator.

She writes a blog on parenting, publishing, painting, and perorating at http://blonderj.wordpress.com/

News & Interviews