Start by marking “Artificial Love” as Want to Read:
Artificial Love

Artificial Love

Deep in the heart of the wild west, rebel marauders are drawing out a bloody civil war that no side can win. Many ranchers, including Lisbeth's father die trying to save their farms, leaving their women to fight to keep their land and stay alive.

When Lisbeth and her mousy younger sister Ruth come face to face with the uncouth land pirates who seize their farm as a scoutin
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Artificial Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artificial Love

Brianna
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Artificial Love, despite its name, features a lot of genuine love. At its heart, the story is about a big sister trying to save her little story and protect what's left of their family, all while falling in love. This was a sweet, interesting, and fun read, and it's also the kind of story that might leave you reeling a little!
Bethany Jennings
Loved this startling little story! It's gripping, gritty, emotional, and sweet - everything you expect from an RJ Conte book, but in a really unexpected Western sci-fi setting, and with an ending that'll make you laugh, or gasp, or cry, or all three. :D
Laura A. Grace
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short story! It gave me some big smiles and few giggles because I LOVED the way Lisbeth talked. Really sets the tone of Wild West.

Dane was soooooo incredibly sweet!

That ending was a jaw-dropper. And I do mean literally. My jaw straight dropped and just stared at my Kindle for a moment so my brain could process it.

Is it bad I want to ask the author for more of this story to know what happens next?

Fun and quick read that I would totally recommend!
Steve
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fascinating and oddly curious tale.

Two girls stranded on their family farm, forced to pretend they are robots to survive the onslaught of marauders. An odd twist of fate causes love to bloom under these strange circumstances.
Ashley
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Artificial Love was great! It was a short read, taking me probably 30 minutes, but it packed a big punch. It was so unique, so original. And that ending! What a shocker! I'd love more stories set in this fascinating western steampunk world.
Janeen Ippolito
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A clever, heartfelt, and well-written little short story with a great sense of cattlepunk--steampunk's Wild West little sib--and a fun ending. Even though I totally still ship *spoilers*!
Amy McConahy