Start by marking “Letting You Go (Stone Lake #1)” as Want to Read:
Letting You Go (Stone Lake #1)

Letting You Go

(Stone Lake #1)

I met Luna Marshall when I was seventeen.
She was a force of nature that I wasn’t ready for.
She was gravity and I was caught in her pull—
Powerless while she held me in a world I was desperate to escape.

They say you never forget your first love.
I believe they’re right.
I’ll always remember the sound of her laughter.
The way she whispered my name when I touched her, and
Published April 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Letting You Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting You Go

Andrea Fleury
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gavin and luna

I loved this book and this author. I didn't like that we have to wait to see what happens. Him what if you know who is the killer. Maybe. Dam hurry up book get here.
Fiona Fog
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely A must read.

I freaking adored this story. Jordan delivers with Gavin and Luna our two leads. Young love at its absolute best. The path to their journey was a few years in the making but god she nailed it.

Luna Marshall has secretly been in love with Gavin for what seems like forever. Shes known as the ice queen at school. Forever turning down dates because there’s only one boy she wants. And that’s Gavin.

Gavin doesn’t have the best home life. An abusive father who takes pleasure in t
Glenna Maynard
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jordan is one of those versatile authors who can write anything in any genre.
Letting You Go is a sweet story of a first love and doing the right thing even when it breaks your own heart. Don't let the sweet fool you though. This book has so much. Drama, suspense, romance, and secrets. I don't want to spoil anything but Gavin is kind of my man so back off my book boyfriend umkay. Just kidding I will share. Another five star read from one of my favorites!
Lisa
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
This may be just me because I’m just coming off an amazing YA duet, but this was just meh. I thought there was much more potential and it fell a bit flat. Didn’t realize I was getting into a suspenseful story at the end.

This was told in multiple POVs at least 4 which I’m not sure why just yet.

Well let’s see Luna was sweet and dull and I never understood why these MCs were so in love with each other. Gavin was grim and not sure how appealing he really was. Atticus was a dick. Jules was useless.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Trust me, Luna. The moon may have a gravitational pull that controls the ocean, but your pull is just as strong."

I was so excited to read this story when I learned it featured Gavin. I met him while reading Diesel/Rory and was so intrigued by his character. I sensed a painful past and wanted to know the details. Now, I know the details. Now, my heart is broken, because of... letting you go.

In case you aren't already aware, this is just the beginning. The author took me back to high school an
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

Jordan Marie has completely outdone herself with this book. I’ll be honest, I went into a little nervous because typically I’m not a fan of stories about such a young couple. But I’ve read every single one of Jordan’s books, and I know that this is one author who surprises me with her storytelling at every turn. I trust her to take me where I want to go, because she has consistently done it time and time again. So in I went, and I was not disappointed.

If you’ve read Diesel and Rory by
Neringa Neringiukas
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story.... It didn't go as I thought it will. And it wasn't that a simple story. It had much more dept to it. It had sweet and smile worthy moments, but also it had moments, when I was frustrated or when I wanted to kick someones a$$ so badly. I was all over the place with my emotions. This story hooked me and I didn't even noticed when I finished it. You know it's a good story, when it feels like it was a novella, instead of a full length, you were so absorbed into it.
Luna... That girl. Sh
NaeLovesToRead✨
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Yep.
I read this in one sitting.
OMG. So much has happened.
I just hope justice comes and love prevails in the end.
Janice Somers
This is not a young adult story even though it plays out during the last years of high school. It is romantic, first-love, secrets, and then the switch. There is also abuse, murder, and the cliffhanger. I was wondering through the reading if there was a cliffhanger and when I read to the end, I scared my dog with my scream. The story is really awesome until the cliffhanger. (If you haven't figured it out I hate cliffhangers.) No, it really is an awesome story.
Gavan and Luna have to hide their l
Janet Welch
We first met Gavin in Rory and Diesel’s story-he was a great character but we didn't learn that much about him. (and while you absolutely can read this with out reading the other duet(promise) I still recommend reading Diesel and then Rory) and I liked him then. Now having read the first book in his story… just WOW!!!
This book was emotional and sweet and full of angst! - Gavin and Luna’s story will literally break your heart. There is a mystery as well….. one that won’t be solved until the secon
Anne Milne
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a bit of a departure for Jordan and now I'm convinced she can write any genre.

First love stories can sometimes be a little too sweet however this story bucks that trend. Luna and Gavin are complete opposites, his home life couldn't be more different from hers. He's the boy from the wrong side of the tracks she's the good girl who never makes waves. However when cupid strikes that arrow there is no stopping these young lovers.

Gavin can't wait until they can leave everything and everyone
Ruby Ap.
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning
This is the first story of Luna and Gavin's duet story and it was such an emotional, sexy, suspenseful, heartfelt and heartbreaking riddled love story. I've been waiting for this read for a while and it didn't disappoint at all, well it does end on a MAJOR cliffhanger and I'm super anxious for the conclusion to these two people who were clearly meant to be together get their well-deserved happy ending <3 <3
LORRIE
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful and romantic read. I love all things Jordan Marie
Kim  Brewing
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First love; opposite sides of the track; bit of mystery and teen drama! Yep I liked it
Trudy Dowling
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hot High School!!! The drama. The romance. The conniving. The backstabbing. I do not high school. But I wouldn't have donated to miss out on this book. The struggles that Gavin and Luna have in building a relationship are mind blowing. The world is against them. With every page I waited for another tragic moment to occur.
Letting You Go crosses so many genres. Opposites attract. Second chance. Coming of age. Small town. Young love. What I really devoured was the desperation in Gavin's heart
Lara
May 01, 2019 marked it as dnf
This was my first book by this author and while she's got a very evocative way of writing, there are certain turns of phrases that were jarring to me. (Maybe it's a regional thing, but the sayings were not ones that have ever appeared in other Maine-set books. They sounded more like Southern phrases.)

Anyhow, that aside, I liked Gavin and Luna, even though I could see how things were going to play out. That was a little disappointing. But I was able to connect emotionally with Luna when she first
Melinda  Parker
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I didn’t think she could write a better story, boom 💥 pow 💥 Jordan Marie knocks me on my tookas!

Luna is the epitome of a good girl and she owns it.  Great girl, works hard at school, makes mom and dad proud, and steers clear of trouble.  Well, physically anyway.  All bets are off when Gavin comes to mind.  Gavin does things to her no other guy does.  But he’s the bad boy, wrong side of the tracks, well Gavin probably isn’t even on the tracks unfortunately.  But he’s her one.  What she
Rose
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are those books that just grab you and don't let go, ya know? The ones that you can't stop thinking about. Well, I'm here to tell you this is one of those! And as I sit here, trying to write this review, it just keeps pulling at me. But here goes...

First, I want to say this is not my usual kind of book. I NEVER read teen love stories! And I hate cliffhangers!!! BUT this is Jordan Marie!!! And I will read ANYTHING she writes!!! I love her words!!! And this book is no different! GAH!!! I lov
Viper Spaulding
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The "first chance" story that leads to the second-chance romance.

Every second-chance romance has its beginnings in the couple's first shot at happiness. Usually that shot is merely referenced or described briefly, but here we get an entire book detailing Luna and Gavin's youthful love story and the heartbreaking reasons for its early end. It would be a sad story indeed if we didn't know that the author is bringing us their Part 2 soon.

Luna and Gavin are true star-crossed lovers, a pair who are
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
Luna is both his lifeline and his anchor...holding him down to the one place he hates the most.
"Letting you go" is Jordan Marie's first attempt at Young Adult Fiction and she knocks it out of the ball park. Luna is a goody-two-shoes kind of girl who aspires to please her loving parents in every way possible. Labeled as the "Icebox" by her peers, Gavin sees something much more than the rest... but because he gives the bad boy, break your heart kind of vibe and comes from a really messed up family
Tammi
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! this book!!
It's a young love, boy from the wrong side of the tracks romance. Yes A story that has been told over and over but this one was different. First it's a Jordan Marie book and her style just sucks me in and I get lost in the story. Second there are so many levels to this story, so much more than young love going on! Angst like crazy, characters that I love, some that I hate, some I can't trust and a mystery. A murder mystery!!
This book has it all!!
OMG! I was in tears my heart bre
Tami czenkus
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE when an author that I have read EVERY single book of can stir things up and shock me with her new release.
Jordan Marie stepped outside her "norm" to bring something RAW and CAPTIVATING!!
Hmmmm This story had my mind going from the very beginning and I was left wanting more and my stress levels through the roof!!!!
So... Letting You Go could go in several genres in the romance category, this caught me by surprise due to what I am used to from Jordan Marie. I was blown away a
melanie
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Marie has done it again. This Author is in my top 5. This book had it all. It will make you laugh. Cry, and get so pissed you want to slap someone.
Luna was such a good character. She thought the best of everyone or at least tried to. She was just trying to finish school and make something of her life. Then of course there was the massive crush she had on Gavin.
Now I was not real sure about Gavin at first. I mean he had been in another book as an older man and had the hots for someone els
Sarah Kirk
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HO-LY SHIT! This book is amazing! I could not put it down. Gavin and Luna have such an amazing chemistry right from the beginning of their relationship. I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time, then the ending had me wishing it was out right now. Luna is so sweet and innocent, while Gavin is more pessimistic and lost in terms of him being worthy of love. I cannot even formulate the words to describe this story. This story took my top spot as my new favorite Jordan Marie book ...more
Mindy McCray
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Marie is an amazing author who can write anything and pull me into everything she writes and this is no different! Luna and Gavin's story is absolutely amazing! Once I started I couldn't put this book down!!

I fell in love with Gavin when we first met him in a previous book. I had to know his story!

I can't wait for the conclusion of Gavin and Luna's story! Hopefully we won't have to wait to long. I'm so in love with these characters and they need a happily ever after even if it's not wit
Sassy Southern
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book about Gavin and Luna. It was different than anything else that Jordan Marie has written. Gavin and Luna's love story was so real and pure even though it was in a romance novel.

It has its highs and lows and keeps you on the edge of your seat with all the back stabbing. I highly recommend it but it is a cliffhanger and has another book coming to finish it off in June. By Kristina
Becca Taylor
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We had a glimpse of Gavin in Rory and I have to say, I’ve been wanting to know more about this man. This book is just the beginning of his story and oh what a beginning it is.
I fell hard and fast for Gavin and Luna. Their love is the kind a girl dreams of to be their first love. And the heartbreak... Help me, my heart broke right with them.
Five plus stars from me. I can’t wait to find out more.
Michelle
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WoW - Jordan Marie has written something totally different from her usual style, and I loved it.

Letting You Go is so much more than a sweet first love story, Luna & Gavin I have no doubt are soul mates but true love doesn't always win and it is sometimes a hard lesson to learn. Alongside their battling love story is another story being told, murders, dramas, twists that will keep you gripped throughout.
maureen
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, I’m broken, my heart is in two pieces right now!! This book killed me. I loved the dual POV and the story it told!! Omg I just feel like I’ve been through it all!! Gavin and Luna are fabulous characters and this author wrote them so well. We get to go to the very start of their journey, I love Gavin!! I can’t wait until book 2 when I Hope I can stitch my heart back together. Great story!!
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gavin , wow I wanted his story from the minute we met him in a previous book and Jordan did not disappoint.
This is the story of first love , heartbreak and what it does to a person, the twists and turns in this was not expected but loved .
I can not wait for the second book!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Fluffy
  • Gone For You (All For You, #1)
  • Baking With A Rockstar (Brooksville, #1)
  • Dream Catcher (Tulsa Thunderbirds, #6)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • A Sticky Situation (Awkward Love, #7)
  • Run to You (100 Series, #4)
  • Key to Hell (Hell Night, #4)
  • On A Silent Night
  • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
  • Hollywood Princess
  • Worship: A Sinful Novel (Sinful Series)
  • One Night (Butler Cove, #5)
  • Jack Kingsley
  • Iron Trophy
  • False Start (False #3)
  • Cards of Love: King of Pentacles
  • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)
I'm just a girl standing in front of you and asking you to love her

heh (I might watch too many Rom Com's)

Stone Lake (3 books)
  • When You Were Mine (Stone Lake, #2)
  • Before We Fall (Stone Lake #3)