Start by marking “Bride (Deceit Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bride (Deceit Duet, #1)

Bride

(Deceit Duet #1)

Here comes the bride, all dressed in lies.

Love and cherish are not in Gabriel Prince’s vocabulary. He’s used to getting what he wants, and what he wants is me—as his bride.
I won’t give in to Gabriel’s undeniable sex appeal. I won’t fall for his charm. He won’t lift my veil of secrets. I promise to make his billionaire life miserable until he has no choice but to get rid

To ask other readers questions about Bride, please sign up.
Linda That's a good question. I read Bride and still don't know. This book is not what I was expecting.

Coco.V
Aug 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/11/2019)! 🎁

Groom (The Deceit Duet Book Two) by Logan Chance is on sale for $0.99 (Special pre-order price) on Amazon today (8/10/2019)💞
Deborah
3.75*

This book has been sitting on my kindle for awhile. Last night I started reading without checking the blurb or reviews. My thinking was obviously something drew me to this book in the first place otherwise I wouldn’t have downloaded it.

It’s an interesting and intriguing read. It throws up far more questions than it answers. But then that’s to be expected hence the next book Groom.

I enjoyed this. I was surprised it was so short but then if I’d checked firs
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bride was everything I come to expect from a Logan Chance book and a whole lot more. Clementine and Gabriel your typical couple and don’t have a conventional romance but that what makes this book even better.

This was a suspenseful and entertaining read. There is hidden intrigue and the deep and dark undertones running throughout this book are sublime and definitely kept me guessing. There are definitely conspiracy theories running through my mind right now!

I love the tens
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
3 ❤🤔❤🌟s

This was a short sexy “arranged marriage” story. The writing was good but the storyline and especially the characters were not adequately developed. There were many holes in the plot and as I kept reading one question kept rising after the other.
Regardless, it was very intriguing, full of angst and steamy scenes.
Carole Buick
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how Logan does it, but he draws you in like a magnet. There are so many thoughts going through your mind. "What's going to happen next?" Which way is this story going to evolve? You have left us trying to finish a jigsaw puzzle, we have all the pieces, but where do they fit in. I loved the suspense of this book. Can't wait to see the emotional chemistry between Clementine and Gabriel explode. Thank you Logan for another phenomenal 5 star read. Roll on the GROOM
Fiona Fog
Gabriel Prince, a man who appears ruthless, has more money than seems possible is our lead. And this man takes what he wants. No excuses. No explanation. With the stipulations of his late grandfathers will still leaving him reeling he has no choice but to follow through.

Marriage with Clementine Bright. She's not from his world. But thats not going to stop him. She will marry him. She has no choice.

Clementine Bright. Cake decorator and single mom. She has secrets. Ones that I am dying to find out more about. But
Chelsea
2.5 Stars!

I would be lying if I didn't say that I was quite disappointed with this book. I bought this because the blurb just intrigued me and it's arranged marriage so yeah, sold.

Unfortunately, there was little character development. My fault is that I didn't realize this book was too short. So obviously, what do you expect?

I hope for more depth in the story and better characters in Groom.

This is book one of The Deceit Duet and should be read in order. My first read from this aut
Tre Talbot
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You need to read this book, you’d be a fool not to. Holy moly this story is filled with lust, comedy and suspense. A non stop edge of your seat page turner is what we’re given when it comes to Clementine and Gabriel’s story. I need more and I need it now I was left yelling out loud ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You need to bump this book to the top of your TBR list and one click your copy. I can’t believe what I just read I cannot wait for Groom to be released.
KC Caron
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A decadent, delicious little indulgence. Bride is the perfect summer read!

Bride is a paging turning drama that sizzles with secrets and lies, and a single mom caught between two powerful brothers in an intriguing forced union.

Bottomline: I do take Gabriel Prince to be mine for better or worse, in mystery and deceit. Bring on the honeymoon.

The stage is set for a high stakes marriage between the dark and mysterious manipulative Prince family and Clementine, a savvy baker who wants nothing less
Valerie Degeorge
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This book absolutely blew me away!!
Logan’s writing continues to amaze me , with each book I continually say “ This is my favorite read of his”

BRIDE is filled with just the right amount of angst and plot twists and suspense that you will not see coming, leaving you absolutely in awe.

This story will have you guessing and trying to figure out what’s going to happen next and a who’s who thrown in there also. The hints are there (I think lol ) but now to try to piece it together, I just love how L
Alisa
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable but Confusing and Only a Novella

SPOILER-ISH?

I’m not sure if the author meant to do this, but there are some odd blanks throughout the story that left me scratching my head.

For example: the MCs backstory ... supposedly they’ve known each other since childhood, and lost track of each other to be reunited by this forced marriage. Her sister was Gabriel’s grandfather’s nurse, but died yet Gabriel didn’t know she has died yet he was close to his grandfather w
Dani
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Logan has created a page turner of note. I absolutely loved diving into this angsty world he's created. I cannot wait for Groom, because I need to know what's about to happen. I always love the suspense that Logan creates in his stories and this one is no different. Gabriel is all alpha, and every scene with him had me positively drooling, he exuded strength, power, and sex appeal. And Clementine was one helluva feisty heroine. She was strong and didn't allow herself to be a doormat for anyone. ...more
Rochelle
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this is the first book from Logan that I have read. I have several books of his on my TBR and I am not sure why it took me so long to read his work. I will say I picked a really good book to start reading. This book was so amazing. It keeps you on the edge of your seat with each turn of the page. You have to know what happens next. You don’t want to stop reading it. It has lust, suspense and comedy. I was laughing, yelling and fanning myself the whole time I read this book. I can't wait unt ...more
Neilliza Swaffar
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided by Tour Host, in exchange for an honest review**

Bride is a quick read romance. It will make you smile, laugh and hot and bothered. Gabriel and Clementine are hot together, but they barely scratch the surface of what they could be. They had little moments of weakness, that they started something sexy, but held back before anything real could happen. Basically this book is a big tease of what is to come, so of course that means I’m waiting for the next book. I’m super excited to get the conclus
Joyous
From the blurb, I expected 'Bride' to be a decent 3.5 stars at the very least. After all, arranged or marriage of convenience is one of my favourite tropes. It doesn't hurt that the cover is eye appeasing either. The cherry on top was this novel being a freebie on Kindle. Alas! it didn't fulfil any of my expectations.
While it was fairly short and easy to read, it is also a forgettable one. Chance didn't bring anything new on the table. He wrote what has already been written countless times
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
I'm really in a marriage of convenience kick, but it's the kind of trope I adore and it always gets me excited to read when I'm in a book funk.

Although I liked this book, more towards the second half of it than the first, I didn't really love it. Parts of the story were a bit confusing for me and, in my opinion, needed more or a better explanation.

I liked it, but it didn't really impressed me. I will read the sequel though, because I'm still intrigued.
Mtve41
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well. Holy f.

And that's my exact high on barely breathing through this book. Why isn't the internet broken telling everyone to stop what they're doing and just pick up this book?

I didn't put this book down when I regrettably started it late last night and on the pretext of avoiding a migraine (and having to live life) I decided to get some shut eye anyways. If I could, I think I would've just gone a night without sleeping, to finish off this book.

So for starters, the h and H meet at a funeral
Marija
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As every earlier Logan's books I had to read it as soon it came in my hands. I just love Logan's style of writing and this one is another great work from him. When I came to the end I almost frantically tried to go to the next page not realizing that is over, I needed more!
Clementine and Gabriel are very well built and I can picture them so easily while reading. Their chemistry is almost palpable and interaction is filled with witty parts that made me smile, sexual tension that made me fan
Maria
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book a lot! The dynamic between the main characters is kinda funny to me, but this really isn't a comedy, it feels almost like a thriller! I'm on the edge of my seat trying to figure what's the deal with Ronin and that Blackstone guy! I'm also very curious about the boy's father and wondering if that's the big secret she's hiding! Bride truly got me engaged with the story!
Shyralf
Sep 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 31%. I tried.
Jackie Deans Zielke
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the most amazing book. It sucked me in from page one and had me mesmerized by the end. The chemistry between Gabriel and Clementine is off the charts hot especially since they "hate" each other. There is definitely some mystery in the background that we will have to wait until book 2 to figure out. I absolutely loved this book.
Barbara
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow, just when I think Logan Chance can’t top his last book he surprises me once again. Bride is a funny, heartfelt sexy read with a suspenseful twist. It ends on a cliffee but luckily Groom is scheduled to out shortly (which is a good thing because this reader is dying to see what happens). The book is very well written with some characters you just want to hug and others you just want to slap upside the head and hope they get their stuff together.

This is a quick read that had me smiling,
Maria
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Logan Chance never fails to surprise me from one book to another! The last book I read of his was super hot and wittily funny. Bride (Deceit Duet, #1) was a bit more angsty than any of his books I've read before. The chemistry is off the charts in this story also but neither are about to yield.
Clementine and Gabriel were like puppets on a string and the puppetmaster was Gabriel's recently deceased grandfather. He arranged the marriage before his death and entered the stipulations into his will
Rebecca Kingshott
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could rate this more than 5 stars.
This is my second book I've read by this author.
I don't know how logan does it. I was hooked from the very first page. I devoured this book in one sitting. I don't normally read billionaire romance but this was anything but that.

Gabriel I found irratated me at times that I wanted to slap him.
He suffered a loss but its wasn't a loss really to Gabriel. He needed a wife and he had to get married as soon as possible.

Clementine was one tough a
Kari Davis
Oh I’m intrigued big time!! This enemies to lovers/arranged marriage story is going to be interesting. I’ve never read a book by Logan Chance, but have a few on my list. I kept seeing this series around and knew it was time to dive in.

Clementine has me in her hooks and Gabriel Prince might be the devil but he might be Prince Charming after all.

This has secrets that I’m dying to know and can’t wait too see where it’s going to go. What path are these two headed for? Hopefully the next
Keri Loves Books
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mansion Filled With Secrets

The start of this duet was all about the build-up. The author painted us a picture of a wealthy groom-to-be and the life he was offering his future wife. Their union would not be based on love, yet mutually beneficial.

Clementine is a strong, independent woman. She has responsibilities, but when offered a future she could never even imagine, it’s too much to pass up.

Gabriel needs Clementine and he has his reasons. He’s incredibly hand
Amy J
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bride is the classic love or money debate and if its possible to have both...gah! But we have to wait!!

This was suspenseful, and fast. It's keeping me guessing on what is actually going to happen with Clemintine and Gabriel!

I cant wait to find out if this is the set to watch them fall or fly!
Anita
I couldnt put it down

Ahhhhh!! I need GROOM!! I was so into this book I didnt even realize I had reached the end.
I loved that I was riveted from the first chapter. I felt like a private eye trying to figure out what was going to happen next. The sexual tension is palpable.
There is so many scenarios playing I'll in my mind about what is going to happen. I'm kind of speechless. I'll just be over here anxiously waiting for GROOM. The sneak peek is hilarious and shows how bad he has it for Cle
Courtney Jackson - CNC Bookish Vibes
Shelves: arcs
With each book Logan writes, they get better and better like wine. Cheesy analogy, but so truthful. This story grabs your attention from page one. The circumstances that push the pair together, the mystery behind their actions, the disdain and passion...you get it in spades. This book makes you question so many facets of the relationships you’re introduced to. You’re left trying to connect the dots almost in a whodunnit fashion. Well written, entertaining and entrancing.

Here comes th
Ros
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars

I’ll leave a full review on book two.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Logan Chance is a USA Today and Top 20 Amazon Bestselling Author with a quick wit and penchant for the simple things in life: Star Wars, music, and smart girls who love to read. He was nominated best debut author for the Goodreads Choice Awards in 2016. His works can be classified as Dramedies (Drama+Comedies), featuring a ton of laughs and many swoon worthy, heartfelt moments.

For insights into h

Deceit Duet (2 books)
  • Groom (Deceit Duet, #2)
“He was no saint; he was a wolf, and his fangs were the wealth he used to rip people to shreds. He dined on innocence and sipped their blood like wine, and even in death, he’s stalking his prey.” 0 likes
“His stare is always so penetrating, like he can read my mind and see into my soul all at the same time.” 0 likes