Start by marking “Devil's Playthings” as Want to Read:
Devil's Playthings

Devil's Playthings

It's been almost sixty years since the daemons came to Earth and brought magic with them. Since then, magic has been integrated with technology in the territories claimed by higher ranking daemons, allowing much of science fiction to become fact. Life in most territories is, if not idyllic, then at least relatively normal, for varying definitions of normal. But beneath tha ...more
Published April 2nd 2020 by CtD Books

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Playthings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Playthings

Start your review of Devil's Playthings
Maria
Marc Jasper is just going about his repetitive and mostly boring life in the spotlight as a Familiar of one of the most powerful daemons in the business of magic, Lazael, when a certain mystery strikes. A doctoral student approaches him with some stats of kidnapping cases that indicate that they all might be connected. And they involve magic.

Marc, being the "face of magic," accepts to help through his influence.

The world-building . . . is interesting, I'd grant it that. Magic came to the world w
Ann-Marie
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I just hate it when I have no more idea of what is going on in a book when I finish than when I started it. "Devil's Playthings" is the first book in a light hearted supernatural suspense series, but although they caught the bad guy at the end of the novel, you don't know why he did it, who any of the people/beings even are or what the heck is going on.
I don't think my curiosity will last long enough for the second book. I will have forgotten it all by then.
I received this book free in exchange
Sheralee
May 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
I tried twice to read this book. It was painful. It’s kind of confusing. I thought it was a magic book similar to the magicians. It is not. It’s boring and strange.
PamG
I received this kindle e-book through a Goodreads Giveaway. It was an interesting twist on a supernatural suspense. Daemons came to Earth about 60 years ago and magic came with them. On top of that there are a series of kidnappings and various magic supported sci-fi technologies. While this type of book is not for everyone, I found it intriguing and unique. The main characters are fascinating, but we don't know everything about them by the end of the book. This is the first in a series and it le ...more
Eva
Jul 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
I enjoyed the first chapter and read a few more when I became too confused to read further.
Dave Scheffer
Michael Slusher
Jackie

• Superman: Red Son #1
  • The Unremembered Girl
Josh once lived in Florida, but currently resides in Ohio with his wonderful wife and destroyer son, along with four cats (all who know a sucker when they see two). He's been a lifeguard, an odd-jobber, a college student, and an office-worker, all the while thinking up stories. Now he's finally trying to make a living at it.

News & Interviews