Start by marking “Will You Still Love Me if I Love Her? A Poetry Chapbook” as Want to Read:
Will You Still Love Me if I Love Her? A Poetry Chapbook

Will You Still Love Me if I Love Her? A Poetry Chapbook

A debut poetry chapbook exploring queer realisation, self-discovery, and search for acceptance. This sapphic collection features poems 'Attraction' and 'Fraud' first published by Royal Rose Magazine and 'TV' featured in Issue 3 of Constellate Literary Journal.
Published February 24th 2019

Be the first to ask a question about Will You Still Love Me if I Love Her? A Poetry Chapbook

Start your review of Will You Still Love Me if I Love Her? A Poetry Chapbook
sofia
I really loved this! This is a poetry chapbook that captures the sapphic experience so well. Obviously, everyone has different experiences and I couldn't relate to every poem but if you're sapphic, I guarantee you'll feel so seen by this book. Poetry's merit, of course, isn't based on how relatable it is, though. These poems were also just really well written. I enjoyed reading longer poems from a modern poet. Most modern poetry I read includes micropoems - which I love - but it's rarer for me t ...more
Margo Adeline
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is it. this is exactly what being in the closet is like. to other people and yourself. it's hell and it's figuring out that being queer isn't a bad thing. it's figuring out your feelings and your soul. it's painful but being out to yourself? that's so, so worth it. even if it takes some time. this book was well worth all of my time.
Hayley Anderton
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't read much poetry, but I found this moving and relatable. Written simply at times, but with perfect poise. I definitely recommend taking a chance on this indie author!
Leah
This collection is breathtakingly lovely and relatable. Read the full review on my blog! ...more
Cynthia Cisneros
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The reason I picked up this book is because it’s rare to find a poet that actually writes poetry with the theme, LGBTQ+. Your sapphic words are breathtaking and it’s something that I have always yearned to be exposed to more. It’s relatable and I love that about it. In one sitting, I flipped through the pages and let the words settle into my mind and consume me with all its emotions that you must have felt at the time and maybe still do. Raw and honest words are difficult to find these days. Thi ...more
Catriona Walters
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. The poems feel like you're by her side during her coming out story, as she discovers who she is. And as she falls in love. Really beautiful, and also features some heartbreaking moments.
The poem 'TV' was one that really sticks with me.
To Hearts
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read this book and I adore it! I really loved the poem, “Distance”, although all the pieces within this chapbook were wonderful and unique to explore. Thank you for sharing your work! -Reality Lessons :)
Shelby Leigh
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a powerful collection sprinkled with stunning imagery. i loved this.
Tucker
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A short collection of poems from an adolescent perspective. This might be highly relatable for young people and for some older people remembering their teenage years.
N.C. Moon
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
All the poems are so powerful and beautifully written. Many of them rendered me speechless. I absolutely recommend this lovely chapbook to everyone.
Ebony Darkins
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing and inspiring insight on a personal level that’s so relatable to many people. Beautifully written!
Abigail
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
A short, but concise collection that really punches you in the feelings in the best ways.
Ashly
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
"It seems I have spent too long
living a life fictitious."

A short, sweet, and heartbreaking chapbook.

My favorite piece in this collection was I Do Not Fancy You.
Jessica Minyard
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"You are not a trophy,
straight is not a challenge,
and love my way is not sinning."

Beautiful chapbook!
Tessa
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A stunning exploration of sexuality, religion and self-acceptance, this chapbook was part of my 2019 Pride Month TBR! I don't read alot of poetry, so it was nice to branch out and explore a new area of literature. A highlight for me was 'I Do Not Fancy You', which is one of the longer poems in the chapbook.
4 stars!
Juliette
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will You Still Love Me If I Love Her? is one of those rare and beautiful poetry collections that, for all intents and purposes, reaches out and clutches at your heart. These poems grapple with sexuality, sense of self, and acceptance in a way that makes the speaker’s experience all too relatable. Elfie is truly a poet to watch, because if any future work is as good as this chapbook, it will be hard not to love it.
Shannon O'Connor
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Such a cute and memorable collection of poetry. Not many poets can make me feel with just their words and Elfie manages to do that with this beautiful collection.
Oumaima
Haley Sulich
Apr 06, 2019
Anne Walsh
Jan 01, 2020

• Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Cinderella Is Dead
  • poems i sleep next to
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Wicked Ugly Bad (A Kinda Fairytale, #1)
  • Beast in Shining Armor (A Kinda Fairytale, #2)
  • The Kingpin of Camelot (A Kinda Fairytale, #3)
  • Best Knight Ever (A Kinda Fairytale #4)
  • Silent Music
  • Very Nice
  • Gravity
  • They Were Her Property: White Women as Slave Owners in the American South
  • Heavy Vinyl, Vol. 1: Riot on the Radio
  • Friday's: Bar for Supervillains (Friday's Bar for Supervillians Book 1)
  • The Lie: A Memoir of Two Marriages, Catfishing & Coming Out
  • something like resilience
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Abyss Surrounds Us (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #1)
Lauren is a queer poet from Derbyshire, England. Her chapbooks Will You Still Love Me if I Love Her? and How Will I Sound When My Voice Returns? were both published 2019.