Start by marking “Flowers in Her Heart (Kees & Colliers #2)” as Want to Read:
Flowers in Her Heart  (Kees & Colliers #2)

Flowers in Her Heart

(Kees & Colliers #3)

Can Adele change her entire lifestyle to be a mother to her babies?

When her husband goes off to war, Adele feels lost and confused. In a new, less-than-ideal place in a frightening, less-than-ideal time, she flees to the garden with her daughters, determined to make their new house a home, even if it is from the outside in.

Battered by her own inner turmoil and scoffed
Kindle Edition, 2
Published July 6th 2019 by Reveries Co.

To ask other readers questions about Flowers in Her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flowers in Her Heart

Start your review of Flowers in Her Heart (Kees & Colliers #2)
Kellyn Roth
Well, ladies and gents, now is the time ...

Flowers in Her Heart, book 3 of the Kees & Colliers series, is available for purchase on Amazon.

You can find out more on the series page of my website:

This story is a heart-breaker ... 30,000 words of healing-through-suffering and new beginnings. It is clean for all audiences to the best of my abilities though there are brief references to miscarriage, attraction between a married couple, the war, and a brief ment
Abigail
Such a sweet little story! I read the first book in September of 2017, and I enjoyed it, but I think I liked this one more. The story of Adele's redemption was so sweet, I love Troy so much, and the example of the flower garden was lovely. My only issue with this book is that Judy seems a little mature for her age... but maybe that's just me and I haven't met a mature seven-almost-eight-year-old. Idk. But yeah, I really enjoyed this story, it made me smile and made me sigh, and I applaud the aut ...more
Faith
After reading an early version of this story on the author's blog last spring, I jumped at the chance to review the published version. And I was not disappointed. :)

Flowers is a very sweet story, and I dearly enjoyed it. I read The Lady of the Vineyard back around the time of its release and, while I liked it, Adele was not a favorite of mine. I liked Judy. I loved Troy. But I just couldn't really relate to Adele.

This short-story did a great job of making Adele more easy to connect to for me. I
STORY

I liked it! Pretty sweet and well paced. The story follows Adele and Judy after Adele remarries her ex husband and chooses a life of motherhood during WWII.

THEMES

Again, this is sort of where I struggled most, which is entirely personal taste!

The theme of remarrying someone without actually truly loving them... isn't my thing.

One of my biggest qualms was how love was portrayed... or, not portrayed, maybe. Quoting Millie, and this basically describes the novel's theme, or so I felt... "Love
Daisy Paquet
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what I expected of Kell- beautiful. And I do love the banters.
Hanna
I loved the ending, and Adele's thought process. I loved her need to 'fix' something, hence her flower garden. Her constant banter with Troy, however, was slightly annoying to me. I like banter, but when this couple didn't truly love each other, it seemed like they bugged each other, but took it lightly. They even jested with each other when they discussed serious subjects, like salvation.
Since this was a short story, there wasn't much else to like or dislike. I'm sure that I would have liked i
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS LITTLE STORY. I am like squealing and smiling and AHHHH! This story is so sweet, so true, and so downright GOOD. I love how so much simple truth can be put into such a small story. It meant so much.
Abigayle Claire
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edited
Very touching themes from a unique family situation. I enjoyed reading from both the parents' and daughter's perspective and seeing Della find herself. How the title weaves into the story is also very well done. I suppose I should read the first one now that I've edited this one for Kellyn so I have all the context ;P
Abigail Harris
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review of Flowers In Her Heart:

After reading the first version I was so excited to find out the author was rewriting Flowers.
And this rewritten story? It is spectacular! All of the emotions and the hurt that is in the whole family . . . Each of the characters are struggling with their own problems and griefs when Troy goes to war. Reading about Adele as she gets a footing as a better mother is wonderful. We see her struggle to grow and let go of the pain of her past and mistakes. And her and
Andrea Cox
FTC Disclosure: Reveries Co. gave me a complimentary electronic copy of this book. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts.

Amazing emotion filled this four-star book. The author dug deep and didn’t shy away from the difficult questions her characters asked. The journey Adele muddled through built beautifully upon the previous book in the Kees and Colliers series (The Lady of the Vineyard).

The rich combination of dialogue and narration created a fabulous atmosphere. Tensi
Bridget Marshall
I'm crying. That was just too sweet. And entirely satisfying.
Emily Yager
Another great short story in this series. This one is about Adele. Whom, I honestly wasn't fond of in the pervious stories. Though this one does a good job of showing Adele transform for the better, and she even became likeable.
There are some deep themes in this story, but it is so light, and sweet that it makes this an enjoyable read.
Julia at Lit Aflame
Flowers is the sequel to the Lady of the Vineyard, giving us a peek at Judy, Adele, and Troy’s life after being united again as one family. I really loved the message and personally, I believe this was my favorite out of the series, maybe because it seemed to have more of God in it. This is a sweet, short read safe for any age, packed with a message this world needs to hear more of!
Debbie Trammell
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly beautiful story!

It was such a hard time for these characters in this book. The war was breeding so much evil and causing so many heart aches and questions. But, all any of had is hope.
Loretta Marchize
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rtc
RTC when I get on a computer
Isabel
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
rtc
Angela Watts
Full review to come. What a sweet story!
BayRay
Flowers, the short story sequel to The Lady of the Vineyard, is the perfect end to Adele's story. She begins to change in the first book, but this is the book where she undergoes the true transformation. She really begins to care for people - Judy, Camilla, even her mother and yes, Troy. :)

This book is full of deep stuff. It's written in a sweet, simple way - even a child could understand it. It's somewhat flowery (um ... guess why? No, just kidding; this book isn't packed with descriptions of f
Sarah Briel
Rating: 3.5

I thought I'd end up loving this (Adele! Troy! Judy! My peoples! My children!) but eh ... I didn't? Don't take me wrong, I liked it I just didn't fall in love with it.

It was a nice short story with a nice message and I loved the banter but ... that felt like it was about everything in it. We didn't get a lot of much else and I'm not sure what I expected (like ... Sari ... it's a short story ... literally ...???) but it just didn't ... satisfy me per se.

It wasn't too much of a proble
Esther Filbrun
Aside from the first book in the series, The Lady of the Vineyard, I think this book is probably my favorite. I loved watching Adele grow through this story—personally, relationally, and spiritually. Judy is just a bit more grown up here, and seeing her relationships develop between her and her father, and her and her mother, is pretty special. I also appreciated seeing Adele learning to be a mother—that part was shown very well, I thought. And my most favorite part was the forgiveness aspect. I ...more
Aria
Vickie Jameson
Apr 13, 2020
Princess Emilia
Jan 03, 2018

• Bad Things, Small Packages (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #3)
  • Window Fellow
  • Once Upon a Dime (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #6)
  • The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations
  • Plan to Fail (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #2)
  • Freedom (Liberty's Battlegrounds, #1)
  • An Echo of the Fae
  • The Last Eligible Bachelor  (Seasons of Change Book, #3)
  • Poison's Dance: A Twelve Dancing Princesses Retelling (Beyond the Tales #3)
  • The Cursed Hunter (The Stolen Kingdom #3)
  • The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
  • Once Upon a Dream
  • Princess Bachelorette: An Exclusive Selection of Princess Bachelorette Stories
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • All That Glitters (Enchantée, #1)
  • The Fields of Home (Little Britches, #5)
  • Once Night Falls
  • The Vengekeep Prophecies

Kellyn Roth is a Christian historical women's fiction and romance author. Sound boring? Well, she includes lots of adorable children and mischievous animals—as well as a generous dose of BBC-style drama.

Kell lives on a ranch in North-Eastern Oregon with her family, crazy border collies, conceited fluffy cat, and assorted cows and chickens.

Other than authoring, she blogs, teaches young writers to

Kees & Colliers (4 books)
  • Souls Astray (Kees & Colliers, #1)
  • The Lady of the Vineyard  (Kees & Colliers, #2)
  • From Now 'Til Forever (Kees & Colliers #4)

News & Interviews