Start by marking “Most Valuable Puppy” as Want to Read:
Most Valuable Puppy

Most Valuable Puppy

Bouncer's name fits him perfectly. The Jack Russell terrier is definitely full of energy. But when Shawn and Kat agree to take Bouncer for a long weekend, they discover just how much energy—and mischief—Bouncer has. Can Shawn and Kat find a way to keep Bouncer calm before he's their first and last Doggie Daycare customer? Doggie Daycare is open for business. Join siblings ...more
Published September 1st 2019 by Jolly Fish Press

To ask other readers questions about Most Valuable Puppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Most Valuable Puppy

Carla Johnson-Hicks
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Most Valuable Puppy is an enjoyable early reader chapter book about siblings Shawn and Kat. Their friends Mitchell and Sasha have an overactive Jack Russell named Bouncer. Their parents have told them that they might have to give him back if they can't train him. He is constantly misbehaving. When the family goes out of town, Shawn and Kat ask their parents if they can open a "Doggie Day Care" to earn money and help their friends. What they discover is that B0uncer has so much energy that they n ...more
Jo-ann Walsh
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
@kidlitexchange #partner
Thank you @kidlitexchange for the review copy of Most Valuable Puppy, part of the Doggie Daycare series. All opinions are my own.
Shawn and Kat are excited to meet Bouncer, their friend Mitchell’s puppy. Bouncer is a very energetic dog who loves spending time in the park. When Shawn and Kat decide to start a doggie daycare business, Bouncer becomes their first customer. They have their work cut out for them, as he has been getting into some trouble, chewing things and even
Xstch3
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute story and great illustrations, a children's book about a adopting a terrier named Bouncer. They find this puppy needs lots of exercise to help curb his need to chew, and his need to chase. They trained him to help the soccer team, the tennis club, and to do some Frisbee catching, using kimchi for his reward. This book explains the need to work with your new dog, to find his strengths and what he loves to do.
Whatmykidsandiread Juli
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
We just got to preview this September release from @jollyfishpress and it was a fun read. 🐶
MOST VALUABLE PUPPY is part of the “Doggie Daycare” books, a series written by Carol Kim and illustrated by Felia Hanakata. In this soccer-themed one, Shawn and his sister, Kay, start a doggie daycare. Bouncer, a Jack Russell terrier who never seems to run out of energy or mischief, is their first customer. 🎾

My kids thought that Bouncer was a lovable troublemaker of a dog, and they thought it was so funny
RedPoppyReading
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
“Doggie Daycare: Most Valuable Puppy” by Carol Kim and illustrated by @felianakata, is a great book for kids moving from early readers to beginning chapter books! Siblings Kat and Shawn are looking to start a summer business and decide on a dog sitting business after their friends get a dog but are heading out of town. Bouncer, a Jack Russell terrier, is full of energy and gets into a bit of trouble. When Kat and Shawn find ways to help Bouncer get out his energy in a productive way, they find b ...more
Tammy Kelly
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This was cute, it honestly reminds me of when I had a puppy name Bandit and she would get into everything. Animals are our best friends and we all know this, I miss having a puppy or a kitten but this was very cute. I think kids would enjoy this book a lot. Who knows, someone might name their name Bouncer like the book.
Amanda Williams
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fantastic children's book for animal lovers. I really enjoyed this book and would happily recommend this author. The animals were very aptly named which I found very clever as it suited their personalities.
John Bialas
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I imagine a child would never get tired of their parent reading this happy story to them and pointing to the illustrations because "Most Valuable Puppy" is cute, sweet and funny. Many thanks to author Carol Kim and illustrator Felia Hanakata for the wonderful time. Many thanks, too, to North Star Editions/Jolly Fish Press and NetGalley for an advanced digital copy of "Most Valuable Puppy." I'm looking forward to seeing the print edition in my favorite bookstores.
Ms. Yingling
Jun 18, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

Cute story about trying to train an active puppy. A little too young for middle school, though-- definitely more early reader.
Charity  Bartley Howard
Mar 24, 2019
Lorraine - Rainey Day Book Reviews
This is a super cute story that has great illustrations. Not many children's books have cute illustrations these days. This is a book about a adopting a cute little terrier named Bouncer. As new owners they find this puppy needs lots and lots of exercise to help him not to chew, and his need to chase things. They trained him to help the soccer team, the tennis club, and even in Frisbee catching.

Elizabeth Hanakata