Start by marking “All the Dark Corners (A Crimson Falls Novella)” as Want to Read:
All the Dark Corners (A Crimson Falls Novella)

All the Dark Corners

(Crimson Falls Novella)

Samantha Tillman had one rule after leaving Crimson Falls: Don't look back.
Not at the one thing she loved most.
Not even after the murder of her father.

When her mother calls, one cold October night, begging for help, Samantha breaks her rule and returns to the town where her self-destructive coping habits were created in the hopes that she can save her.

But when she arrives
Published April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about All the Dark Corners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Dark Corners

Meleaha Howard
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing short story! You don't want to be in Crimson Falls in October. Bad things happen. Sam grew up there, but left as soon as she could. This story was full of twists and turns that I never saw coming!
Mandie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved All the Dark Corners!! It was full of mystery and intrigue. I loved how dark and suspenseful it was. It could totally be a Lifetime movie!
Evonne Hutton
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Mans inhumanity to man laid out to marvel at.
Every action has a reaction which grows in intensity and sometimes replace morals
alice Tileston
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recieved free for review:
Another great fast paced story from Ms. O'Brien.
I've read a few of her books so far and have yet to be disappointed ♡
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good story line. Sammy returns to Crimson Falls to get her mother out. Her father was murdered in Crimson Falls. This novella is well written and will keep you turning pages. 7 year old Stacy goes missing. There are secrets, buried truths and lies that keep you guessing.
Mommy Reads
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
All The Dark Corners was the last book in the Crimson Falls series that I had requested and just like the other two, I absolutely loved it! The story was full of twists and turns and you don't know all that's at play until the very end. There's so much happening in this small book but one thing is for sure, you will not be disappointed!

I discovered Emerald O'Brien last year when I read her Knox & Sheppard two book series and after reading yet another great story from her, I will absolutely
Teri
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This town . . . Crimson Falls . . . is just wrong on so many levels. I haven't figured out if they all are special cases or what but I tell you each story will leave you questioning. Not questioning the story but you'll get it. This time it's about truth. This is a day feared and she has gotten away. Away from a past that still haunts her. She didn't like who she was and what she did so she ran. Now she's back to rescue her mom BUT . . . the past and the lies and the present all collide. She can ...more
Amanda M
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A devious and dark, mind bending read. This story will have you gripped from start to finish. The twists and turns will have you guessing until the very end.
Diana Lindoff
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Emerald O'Brien - she never dissapoints me.

This is a short but spine chilling tale about a town that brings out the worst in people - and you really don't want to be there in October.

Samantha escaped the town's clutches a few years ago, swearing never to return. But now her mother has called asking for Sam's help to leave, too. The moment she enters the town the feeling that she shouldn't have come gets stronger and stronger.

The ending was not what I anticipated.

Five sta
Barbara Hynes
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! A suspense/thriller that has twists and turns you don't see coming. I enjoyed reading this book. It was a page turner. Samantha Tillman goes back to Crimson Falls to get her mother. The secrets that unfold, the real reason her father got killed, and who killed him comes out. What will Samantha do and will she survive is on your mind the entire book. Loved the ending. Thank you Emerald. 5 star ++
Crystal Gray
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One weak link in the chain will break us all.

Holy crap! What in the world did I just read? TWISTED! I loved every minute of it. Ms. O'Brien is a new to me author but I will for sure be looking up her other stuff! I love her style.
Kiersten Modglin
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In her latest book, O’Brien has penned a wonderfully devious story, filled with darkness and secrets that will keep you guessing until the very end. This story gripped me from page one. With a main character you love to hate and a sick and twisted mystery, this one will hold onto you long after you turn the last page. A definite five-star that will stay with me for a long time...be prepared the check ‘All the Dark Corners’ of your house after you read this creative and terrifying psychological s ...more
Serena Soape
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow - this book was awesome. So many twists and turns that you never expect. I highly recommend this book along with the others in the Crimson Falls Series.
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story that I have read. I am so in love with this story and I highly recommend this story to everyone. I can not wait to get the next book that this writer will write I love the writing style of the author.
Christie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
O’Brien writes another page-turner with her latest release in the Crimson Falls series. I loved the dark undertones and couldn’t wait to find out what happened next! Highly recommend this one, it was so entertaining!
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What would you do for family?
In this case what wouldn't you do?
Crimson Falls is not a great place to live, or it seems to raise children.
When Samantha Tillman is called home my her mother she goes as the dutiful daughter.
Memories and current events come to light and everything is not the way it seems.
Returning to Crimson Falls is never a happy homecoming.
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emerald O'Brien really packed a super suspenseful story in a novella length package, and I was quite impressed to be honest. Samantha Tillman got the hell out of Crimson Falls as soon as she could, and never came back, even when her father was murdered. Her mother finally gets through to her, and Sam comes home to get her out of there. But things don't go as planned. Yeah, they really didn't, as twists were insane, and chaos was around every corner. I was as confused as Sam was the whole time, a ...more
Sherry Sias
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful!!

I love this story of Sammy. She comes back to Crimson Falls after her mom calls befging her to come back cause she was scared she was going to be killed by the same person who "killed" Sammy's dad. As she plans to take her mom away, her bf's, Will, daughter is taken in the middle of the night. Is she a victim of the curse, or is she found? Does Sammy find out the secrets her mom is hiding? Definitely a MUST read.
Bobbi
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I do not want to visit Crimson Falls, it is too scary. That being said this was a truly scary book with a lot of really strange people. Is Crimson Falls truly cursed or is it just the people who live there. They want to take revenge for any slight they feel has been done to them. There are many twists and turns in the story and it is very entertaining. If you love scary stories this is the book for you. Reminds me of a Dean Koontz type of book.
Karen
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book from the author, Emerald O'Brien, and this is my voluntary and honest review. This is an excellent mystery about who killed Samantha's Dad after she moved away from home. When she comes back home to help her Mom, she searches for the answers. You know it is a good mystery when you think you have the answers and find out you are wrong. This is a real page turner and a must read if you love a good mystery. I highly recommend it.
MAIS Lee
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of Crimson Falls series I've read and, besides being totally different one to the other, it was as good as the first. Excellent author, keeps the tension of the story from the very beginning and is very fast reading!! I'll continue with another story of this serie, and expect to be great!!!
Trish
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sam is so real. Emerald has her struggling with her own problems as she heads back home because of her Mom calling. The crazy twists and turns after that kept me up past my bedtime. Enjoy the book. I sure did.
Rachel Renee
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This story played with my emotions! At first, I really didn't know how to feel about Samantha, she's not a character you love right away. Or maybe you never love her, but you can understand her in some way as her story builds and her history unfolds. And what a history it is! All the Dark Corners plays on the evil embedded in the town of Crimson Falls and how it finds its way into all the cracks and crevices of all the people who reside within it. As Samantha finds out the hard way, if you' ...more
Mary
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read!!!! I totally did not anticipate the ending. Looking forward to reading more of the novellas in the Crimson Falls Series.
Phthon
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twisted. Creepy. Chilling. Awesome! I truly love reading this author!
Janise ~Janise's Jivin' Book Blog~
It has been a good while since I have read a story like this. It did take me a minute to get into it. Once I did get into the story I could not stop reading. It has its mushy parts, it also has angst, suspense and thriller. Emerald O'Brien diffidently fits in Crimson Falls.

All The Dark Corners is part of A Crimson Falls Novella series, they are all standalone’s and there is no reading order for the series. Emerald O'Brien is a new author to me, she did an awesome job keeping the book a part of
michelle curtis
Apr 10, 2019
Gretchen Chasse
Apr 09, 2019
Shauna Joesten
Mar 19, 2019
Elizabeth Iverach
Apr 21, 2019
Emerald O’Brien is a Canadian writer who grew up just east of Toronto, Ontario. Emerald studied Television Broadcasting and Communications Media. She graduated from the program at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. Her debut novel, Darkness Follows, is a New Adult Mystery and the first book in her most popular series, The Avery Hart Trilogy, is free on all retailers.

When she is not reading or wr

Crimson Falls Novella (8 books)
  • Original Sin (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • The Last Dupont (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Flawed Plan (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Returned Home (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Sight in the Dark (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • The Stranger in the Woods (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Little Girl Lost (Crimson Falls Novella)