Start by marking “Ex Nihilo” as Want to Read:
Ex Nihilo

Ex Nihilo

"The night I die, be by my side
My final thoughts I’ll in you hide
The night I die, please hold my hand
That I might with the angels stand"

In this stunning collection of poems, Seth Masek takes us on a journey from darkness into light, and in between are the shades where most of us reside. The collection is divided into four chapters: Judgment, Pain, Love, and Hope, allow
Published February 19th 2019 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Ex Nihilo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ex Nihilo

Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book through the First Reads giveaway program.

A powerful book of poetry. Some had echoes of what I think poems by Ted Dekker or Frank Peretti would be like, while others were reminiscent of Sylvia Plath or Virginia Woolf. Not to be read quickly, but slowly savored. These are full of emotions and not all light-hearted, but soul searching.

The author is incredibly talented and definitely one to keep your eyes upon. Thank you for the opportunity to review and enjoy this treasure!
Etienne
May 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
2,5/5. With poetry it is mostly it or miss. It reach you, speak to your soul, or you just feel nothing... it was the second for me with this book. The poetry seems a bit «young» lack the depth or the maturity to really speak to me. The writing in itself isn’t bad at all, simple for sure, with simple rhythmic prose, but readable. Wasn’t for me, but i think that some reader might like it and that it has its place and public!
~ Althea ~  ☾
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: poem, arcs, netgalley
"Pursue this peace as war rescinds
I finally know where love begins"

Most of the messages that the poetry was conveying were really good, especially those that were about religion. But I was not the biggest fan of the way it was written and maybe it was just not a writing style I am comfortable reading.

There were a lot of amazing pieces there however and I would not discourage anyone from reading it.

Thanks to the author for sending me an ARC through Netgalley for review. All thoughts and opinions
Steve Stred
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

If you’ve been carefully following my reviews (and we know you have!) you’ve heard me discuss two reading ‘things’ that have entered my life. The first was my rediscovery of enjoying poetry. The second was my late, late, late discovery of NetGalley.

Through NetGalley, I found a number of great books and was auto approved through a few different promotion companies. Through one of these companies, I stumbled upon a book with a stunning cover –
Sharon
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I admit poetry is not my first go to when I’m looking for something to read, however I do read it now and then. This book is full of wonderfully written and deeply personal poems. I think everyone should be able to find some poems in this collection that speak to them, I certainly did, and I’m so pleased I chose to read these. Even if poetry isn’t really your thing, I would say give these a try, you might just be pleasantly amazed!
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am volunt
Mahi
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
I wanted to give Ex Nihilo a 2-stars rating.
Then I wanted to give it a 3-stars rating.
but I ended up giving it a 4-stars rating.
This collection of poetry grew on me with its repeated lines and rhythm.
It could be intenser ( last 20% bored me) but I would like to read more poems from the poet.
Ashley
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this copy in a Goodreads giveaway. Full review to come.
Alii
Carley
Debee Sue
Lexi Jae
Mar 03, 2019
Seth Masek is an entrepreneur who has created several businesses that focus on sustainable and environmental solutions for healthcare. He has invested many years into the elimination of waste generated by healthcare operations and currently runs a recycling company that converts biomedical waste into clean energy. His passion for writing, which he developed as a young man, returned powerfully in h ...more
“From the mountains he descended As the world around them ended The last chance of humanity A demon’s heart, barbarity” 0 likes
“The board is split into disconnected pieces No time to solve but no time to walk away Another day, no closer to the answer Another day, one more chance to walk away” 0 likes