Start by marking “Just as I am (Unfailing Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just as I am (Unfailing Love, #1)

Just as I am

(Unfailing Love #1)

Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed.

Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is for
Kindle Edition
Published May 14th 2019 by Mandi Blake

To ask other readers questions about Just as I am, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just as I am

Start your review of Just as I am (Unfailing Love, #1)
Coco.V
Oct 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/16/2019)! 🎁
Christina
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Christian Romance with a Dash of Suspense

This was a sweet and gentle romance with just enough suspense and danger to keep you on your toes. It had strong Christian elements and sometimes that detracted from the story but overall it was a sweet and cute romance.
Dianne Boadle
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed ready Mandi’s novel Just as I am. She kept me turning the pages as I read this afternoon to find out what was going to happen as Declan and his mates worked together to protect Addie from Jason’s evil revenge. The dawning of trust between Declan and Addie as they drew together to overcome their past experiences to find love and happiness together. I look forward to reading Mandi’s next novel Never Say Goodbye
K. Leah
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! What a great debut by Mandi Blake. This love story takes you through twists and turns of suspense but also it shows the story of healing for both of the main characters. I can’t wait to read more in this series.
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Mandi Blake for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Just as I am Unfailing Love Book 1 By Mandi Blake is an incredibly powerful read that tugged at my heart strings.

This breathtaking cover first got me interested in the book. So, kudos to the graphic designer that created this cover for Mandi.

Warning this book has topics and situations that may trigger some readers. If you are not comfortable reading about stalking, physical abuse and c
Dana Michael
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just As I am is the debut novel of Mandi Blake. This is a romantic suspense and I really enjoyed it. The book was easy to read and the characters were likeable. The author also had a Christian inspirational message. This will be a series and I know the author will have a great future in store.
*I was given a copy of this book by the author. This is my honest opinion.
Ann
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book! This book has it all, action, drama, suspense and romance. Her writing is so vivid that this book plays like a movie in your mind. I can't wait to read more from this author. I highly recommend this book to everyone that likes good christian fiction.
Emma Johnston
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Was a new to me author. Had me reading in one sitting, non stop from page one
Cindy Cooke
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great suspenseful read

She had an abusive boyfriend. He refused to leave her alone, and when she realized he was a drug dealer, Addie knew she had to leave. As she ran to the only family she had left, she knew that he could find her at any time, and she also knew he would kill her. She knew too many of his secrets AND she had dared to run away. What Addie didn't realize was that she had backup. GOD was planning her steps and He knew what the end result would be. Just after she moved in with
Helen
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E-Reader. unfailng love

Addie Rhodes was living New Orleans, with her boyfriend, Jason for 6 years. After Mother & Dad died in car. Addie decided he was very controlling.

Addie packed as she could much & in small bag. And she called Uber. He arrived in 5 minutes. This was very kind to Addie. He drove her to Carson, Georgia. And do not allow Addie pay him.

Karen Addie a job at a salon. Answer all calls to make appointments, swept the floor to get hair off to pile. Addie als
Betty Johnson
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adeline Rhodes spent 6 years locked away in an apartment, controlled by an abusive boyfriend. When she found out that he was a drug dealer she made a daring escape; She ended up with an aunt and Uncle living in a different town. There she got a new job, a new haircut and started making new friends.

One day DeClan King and friend of her aunt and uncle stopped in to visit them. They asked him if he would help keep an eye on Adeline to keep her safe from this boyfriend, who they figured
Lila Diller
This was an interesting mesh of things I really liked and things I really disliked.

I liked the romance between two real, troubled characters with pasts and flaws. I liked the surprising friendships that added so much to the story and the characters' lives. I liked the scenes that were described so vividly that I could play them like a movie in my head.

However, I was not expecting a romantic suspense or so much violence. I was not expecting so many kisses and unchaperoned
Beyond The Covers Blog
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romaine
Just as I am is a beautifully written love story with a good dose of suspense.

Addie has been held captive so to speak by her boyfriend for years shutting her off from the outside world. Once she discovers his true career choice she flees.

Declan is ex military who fights with the demons of his past. He's reclusive and only associates when needed.

When Declan and Addie's worlds collides he takes it upon himself to protect her from her ex. Their feelings for each
Rebekah Benne
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful Read

This book had lots of emotional descriptions along with tremendous suspense! It was very difficult to put it down while other things needed tending to. I really enjoyed seeing the characters help each other make a renewed choice to seek God and make Him their first priority in their lives. I loved the ending because it directed my thoughts to a hopeful beginning for the main couple.
Diane Eggert
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an exceptional book!!! I didn't want it to end.
Donna Kale
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oct
Really good book, I’ve never read this author before, she’s really good!
Elle Kay
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best written books I've read this year. I highly recommend this one. I won't give away the story, but I will say that it is a story about survival and healing following emotionally abusive relationships. The main characters are well-developed and have a great supporting cast who you'll want to learn more about.
Kristi
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not one to read this type of book but I have to say that from the first few linked I was drawn in and felt a part of the story. The flow of the story and the connection between the characters was perfect. I’m anxious to read the next book in the “Unfailing Love” series.
Christine C
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adeline has escaped an abusive, controlling boyfriend and fled to Georgia to stay with her aunt and uncle. Declan is recently home from the military and struggles with being around people and crowded places. Both have walls like crazy to protect themselves. Addie's aunt and uncle run into Declan at a store and ask him to keep an eye on her, check in on her occasionally at work because they worry about her ex boyfriend Jason finding her. He agrees, and meets her that afternoon for the first time. ...more
Kirby
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just As I Am is the debut novel from author Mandi Blake, and it's a incredibly emotional ride from start to finish that tugged at my heart strings and had me wanting more of these characters once I finished it.

Right from the opening pages the reader is hooked into the intense story unfolding, as we watch Addie attempting to break away from the abusive relationship that's been controlling all of her adult years. She knows the best place for her is with the aunt and uncle that always m
Evangeline Kelly
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this new book by Mandi Blake! The story sucked me in right away, and I found myself rooting for both characters. There was just enough action and suspense to keep me turning the pages and the romance was so sweet! I enjoyed the way Mandi developed both characters. Declan was the strong silent type who had a difficult time opening up to people, but Adeline changed all that when she breezed into his life. This looks like it might be the beginning of a new series, and I'm really hoping to s ...more
Adedoyin Adenuga
A WORTHY READ!

First time writer?! Unbelievable. I LOVED this book right from the very beginning. I was so proud reading it. It keeps your heart thumping, full of suspense, romantic, inspiring. Giving hope, a reminder that God brings beauty out of ashes. Happy ever after kind of book. Just LOVE IT! Anxious to read more of her books. Thank you Mandi Blake!
Margie
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That is the first word I can think of in regards to this book. It brings to light a problem that is more prevalent than we would like to think, domestic abuse, both mental and physical. Mandi Blake does a great job bring to life the thought process of the abused that allows this to happen. It is sneaky and hard to break free. Adeline has spent 7 years of her life living with Jason. He has managed to separate her from the outside world except under very controlled trips out to do his chores. Only ...more
Tara Motte
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So enjoyed this book. Can't wait for the next one.

Great book. I would recommend this book. It is a summer must read. Thank you Mandi. Can't wait for the next one
Wendy Livingstone
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series, and what a wonderful introduction this is. Adeline and Declan just complete each other. This is a beautifully written story which has drama, action, suspense, romance, and is an all round sweet story. I look forward to reading more from this author, and I recommend for all readers.
Yeluz Selarom
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adeline was feeling afraid but deep down she was indeed very brave and strong by getting away from Jason when she had the chance. Declan is the broody quiet can’t hold a conversation type but is very protective of Addie from the first time he met her at the salon she worked at can their mutual trust be enough to protect each other from pain and past
Jenna
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book! There was never a dull moment; I had to force myself to put it down and go to sleep at a decent hour. It also provided me with insight to the experience of domestic abuse, something I have fortunately been sheltered from. I appreciated the way Mandi Blake realistically intertwined the resurgence of Adeline’s relationship with God throughout the story, which is easy to relate to. If you love reading romance with some suspense and action in the mix, I highly recommend th ...more
Amber
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!
Abby's in hiding from Jason knowing that one day he'll find her. Her aunt and uncle ask their friend, Declan, to watch out for her.
This is their story - learning to trust as they spend time together, facing fears, coming out of themselves, and dealing with Jason.
Pretty good book!
I received this book free and this is my voluntary and honest review.
Cat B The Reader
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! It was a great read and I couldn't put it down! It held my attention from the start and had so many twists and turns. It showed what love could do when you gave it a chance. I highly recommend this book!
Lisa Lee
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely wonderful book that I really enjoyed! It grabs you from the get-go and never lets go.

I received an ARC for an honest review.

• Brett, Billionaire Bodyguard  (Billionaire Protectors #1)
  • The Last Target
  • On the Lookout (Lantern Beach P.D. #1)
  • Because You Loved Me (The Billionaires of Sawgrass, #1)
  • Attempt to Locate (Lantern Beach P.D. #2)
  • The Whole Story  (The Blair Brothers #3)
  • First Degree Murder (Lantern Beach P.D. #3)
  • Plan of Action (Lantern Beach PD #5)
  • Margin of Error (Fog Lake Mysteries #2)
  • The Masquerade (Legacy of Love #1)
  • Isabel  (Families of Dorset #2)
  • Dead on Arrival (Lantern Beach P.D. #4)
  • Cherished (The Blair Brothers #2)
  • Love Me (Chapel Cove Romances, #2)
  • Her Dream Date Boss (Steele Family #1)
  • Not Until You (Hope Springs #3)
  • In With the Tide (Cape Cod Shore Book 1)
  • Refuge at Pine Lake (Pine Haven)

Unfailing Love (4 books)
  • Never Say Goodbye (Unfailing Love, #2)
  • Living Hope (Unfailing Love, #3)
  • Beautiful Storm (Unfailing Love, #4)