Start by marking “Assassin Marked” as Want to Read:
Assassin Marked

Assassin Marked

An interplanetary crime syndicate.
A debt, long overdue.
An assassin gone rogue.
Love. Revenge. Betrayal.

Although he knows it will mean the end of his relationship with both the Crime Syndicate and his long-time lover, Captain Victoria Maruska, Damian can’t let sleeping dogs lie. After overcoming his captain’s well-intended efforts to hold him back, Damian sets off to exact h
Paperback, 1st, 42 pages
Published by Independently Published (first published October 6th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Assassin Marked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assassin Marked

Debrac2014
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short story that abruptly ends when you want more!
Grace J Reviewerlady
Firstly, let me say that I’m not – and never have been – anything remotely like a fan of sci-fi. However, I just have to follow that up by saying I LOVED this short story!

Packed with detail, a great story, and sci-fi information which even I can understand make this such a fun read. It’s also thrilling and exciting. No struggling to understand what was going on in this one – just a need to keep reading and find out where it goes. I’m quite fascinated by the powers of the characters, and perhaps
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

Assassin Marked is a short story that introduces what is sure to be a very interesting world. Damien seeks vengeance, Victoria’s loyalties tear her apart, both have a choice to make that will alter the course of their lives. Do they obey orders? Or do they allow love to sway them and death to chase after? This is the story of an assassin marked.

Although short, it is well-written and perfectly sets up what will no doubt be an exciting and tangled chase. It gives but a taste o
odedo1
This was fun, for a person that always read thousands pages of hard core brain splitting space operas it was very unusual to finish a book in an hour, so yes I enjoyed it, I only wish that it was a little longer unless this is part one of a series which I have no idea.
I've just noticed that this is the author first novel which surprised me because there is a writer experience in this short story.

I hope you plan on continuing with you writing, you sure got it in you, I would love to read more of
Erica Robyn
Assassin Marked by Michael C. Sahd is an incredible short story filled to the brim with action, violence, and romance!

Make sure to pick this one up when you have a spare half-hour that you can dedicate solely to reading; you won't be able to put this down!

Full disclosure: I was given a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my rating in any way.

The first chapter did a wonderful job setting up the story. In chapter one, we meet two characters
Alyssa Marie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
This was a relatively short story. I read it in just under an hour. It was well written and the chapters flip flopped between an assassin, Damian, and his female captain, Victoria. It's set in the future, and the author is extremely descriptive throughout the story. It was easy to imagine being in it.

My only qualm is that it ends very suddenly, but this is good in that it remains open for a sequel to further the story. Since it's only seven chapters, there is room for more growth and it could be
Delilah Bluette
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this short story as my first #IndieAuthor purchase and as promised I am reviewing it.

Firs thing I want to make clear is I HATE this particular sub-genre of sci-fi so take that into account when you see my 4 stars up there. That's how good this short story was. Michael's writing made me like something that I normally would not have chosen to read on my own, and that is a very good thing.

Damian and Victoria are NOT heroes. They're not even anti-heroes. They are bad people doing bad things
Louise-Andree
Apr 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This short story was suggested by the author himself, Michael C. Sahd when I asked to have recommendations/suggestions and after reading the summary on Audible, I was intrigued and decided to give it a go.

I like sci-fi, I really do, but there was something about this short story that made it so I couldn't get into it at all. I don't know if it's because I felt like it was missing some backstory or if I started in the middle of something which made me start over to make sure or if it was the narr
Anthony Puyo
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 rounded up to 4

It's an action story that is written in the style similar to that of a comic book. I personally think it would make a good one. It's a short read with not much backstory on the characters, however, I think it works well that way. And I feel it was tailored that way purposely for fast action and entertainment. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the read. Off the sample I knew what I was getting into, and it was exactly what I was looking for: a short, fast paced, lean and mean re
Rebecca Hefner
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fantasy short story has it all. Love, power struggles, betrayal. For some reason, while I was reading it, I had flashes of the cantina scene in Star Wars. As a huge Star Wars fan, that was really awesome! If you like fast-paced adventure and a quick story, this one's for you!
Space Case ✨
Ignore how long Goodreads says it took me to read this, it really is a super quick read! I hadn't realized I still had it on my currently-reading list until the time of writing this review. (It's been a long few weeks, folks.)

Ahem. Review.

Jumping right into what I liked about this short bit, the descriptions were awesome. Literally, the first note I made as I read though this was "damn good descriptions", followed by enjoyment of the fact we're not info-dumped on like I had been expecting consid
Cat Ellington
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Featured at The Review Period with Cat Ellington from 2019-05-10 - 2019-05-24, Assassin Marked (The DuFonte Chronicles Book 1) by Michael Sahd has been archived for its place in the Reviews by Cat Ellington Complete Anthology book series.

Rachel Green
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review. In no way did this affect my review or my rating of the novel.

Assassin Marked is a science fiction short story about Damian DuFonte, a professional assassin on a vengeance mission after being left for death on a planet. However, his vengeance is strictly forbidden by the Crime Syndicate, Damian knows that this mission, in the end, will set him against Victoria, a fellow assassin and his lover. To proceed,
Amanda (A Brighter Shade of Hope)
As for the assassin, they couldn't find him. I smiled as he slipped down the dark hall into the kitchen and down the garbage chute. The curtains closed, but the tragedy continued.

Synopsis Damian, a professional assassin working for the syndicate, sets out on vengeful mission against a former teammate who had betrayed him years ago. Determined to stop him, the Heads of the Syndicate send Damian's lover, Victoria, after him on a search-and-kill operation. A story of Damian - seeking revenge above
Aqiul Colombowala
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review. Read the full review here - Book Review - Assassin Marked

This was a quick and fun read. For the amount of pages this book has, it packs quite a bit of story! Damian DuFonte is an assassin at the top of his game. There's hints of something gone awry in his past that he seeks revenge for. Unfortunately for him, the person who betrayed him is a high ranking member of The Syndicate.

The story starts off with Damian and his lover,
KC
A short but action-packed story of love, murder, and betrayal. While following along became difficult as the chapters progressed, I enjoyed this overall.
Ronald
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael C. Sahd, the author of ‘Assassin Marked’, seems to be a master with short stories. Unfortunately, this particular short story needed to be longer. It’s ending left me with many unanswered questions. I could easily imagine several courses that the story could have taken.

The story was good. There was a little mystery with the reader wondering what pissed off the assassin so much; and there was a romantic interest. I don’t particularly like books written in the first person, but it works fo
Katelyn Dickinson
*3.5/5 stars*

**I received a digital copy of this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.**

I really enjoyed this! The writing was really very good and setting was interesting. I really liked the characters, and the overall plot. I do wish it was longer, but I think that this author has something really strong here. I'm looking forward to reading more!

Full review here: https://katelynpdickinson.wordpress.c...
Barbara Collins
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
won for free from Amazon giveaways first time reading this author couldn't put it down
Michael
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Needs a better editor!

It seemed that every chapter brought a character speaking in the first person! This makes it confusing to follow. Character was almost non-existent.
Elaine
May 06, 2019
Ina Vd
added it
May 09, 2019
Amazon Kindle: Amazon Promotion For Assassin Marked (4/30/19) 1 7 Apr 29, 2019 11:11AM
Space Opera Fans : Assassin Marked by Michael C. Sahd 1 9 Nov 03, 2017 11:17AM
Michael C. Sahd grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico. From a young age, he read voraciously, particularly in the fields of fantasy and science fiction. Shortly after becoming a teenager, he learned to play and enjoy fantasy games such as Dungeons and Dragons. At around the same time, he began writing stories and D&D campaigns of his own.

As an adult, Michael attended the College of Santa Fe, studyin
“The automatic door retracted into the wall, and she stepped through, the cacophony of the ship following close behind her.” 0 likes
“Her voice rose above the clamor outside my room and dashed through the hallway; then, the door slid shut, her last few words blasting in the confines of my room.” 0 likes