Start by marking “Trade In (Odd Jobs #3)” as Want to Read:
Trade In (Odd Jobs #3)

Trade In

(Odd Jobs #3)

Against all odds, first love gets a second chance at forever...

Rachael
They say you never forget your first love. They would be right, I've got the scars on my heart to prove it. The more time that passes, the more I convince myself I'm over him. Instead of wasting time crying, I focus on my unlikely new career choice as a motorcycle mechanic. I may not be able to repair
ebook
Published June 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Trade In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trade In

Stephanie Ditmore
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book. I loved Liam and Rachel. In love since high school, together forever that is until tragedy struck her family and the one person she needed bailed on her without so much of a word to her. Liam’s life changed when he found out who was responsible for Roo’s families loss and he just couldn’t handle the pain and not sure if she could forgive him. Fate has a funny way of telling you that you belong together, and when they see each other again afte ...more
Isha Coleman
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Alexander is the best kept secret in romance. Characters like Rachael are the reason why.
Trade In gives a nod to women's lib while serving up some steamy romance. Rachael and Liam are a match made in heartache. Can they step out of the pain of the past and into hope for a brighter future? From heart pounding to heartbreaking, AJ Alexander delivers a captivating feast for the senses. Whether savored or devoured the Odd Jobs series makes an impact.
Megan Goodman
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a story about loving someone so much that you put them first. But the main message I got out of this is that not only do you make sacrifices for your true love but that love hurts. Sometimes when we think we are doing the right thing it is the total opposite. This series has a mix of all things a series of books needs to keep us coming back for more and this book is no different. This author is growing better and better with each book written and it shows.
Marnie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌟 💙 🌟 Not a light-hearted book, yet still witty and fun. 🌟 💙 🌟

Rachel was a young woman after my own heart. With my motorbikes and my Engineering trade background, I admired her character and her stubborn tenaciousness. She loved life, but then love and life broke her. Three years later, she has another chance, yet she knows what it is going to cost her to in her decision to follow her heart, but decides to go for it anyway.

Liam was let down by people who should know better. Since the night that
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Broken hearts and second chances

TRADE IN
, book three of AJ Alexander's Odd Job series, is heartbreaking, humorous, sexy and hopeful. Picking up right where Served concludes, Liam Murphy and Rachel Beaufort's relationship is a complicated one. Former high school sweethearts, Liam and Rachel's world changed dramatically when Rachel experienced a heartbreaking tragedy, and Liam disappeared with no reason and no goodbye.

Fast forward three years and fate has thrown them back together. However, even t
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachael thought she & Liam would be together forever, but on the night that she celebrated her 21rst birthday, tragedy struck, and Liam would disappear. With no word from him, the more time that passes, the more she convinces herself that she's over him, but when she comes face to face with him again, that theory is blown out of the water. The moment Liam sets eyes on Rachael again, he realizes that leaving her wasn't the best thing for her, that he wasn't saving her from more hurt, and he r ...more
Tara Peters
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liam and Rachael tugged at my heart and didn't let go. They were in love and were going to celebrate her twenty-first birthday. He was always running late so when he called her and told her that he had a flat tire she wasn't upset. Shortly after their phone call, she receives another call. Her brother was in an accident and it didn't look good. Once she found out that he died, she tried calling Liam, but she couldn't get ahold of him.
Liam took his brother home, who was drunk, and found a bag p
Jennifer Copeland
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trade-In by AJ Alexander is a fantastic read! I couldn’t put my kindle down until I finished reading this book! Trade-In is the 3rd book in the Odd Jobs Series by AJ Alexander. This makes the 4th book that I have read by AJ Alexander and the author didn’t disappoint me at all in this book!
Trade-In by AJ Alexander is what I like to call a second chance love story. The book starts off on the night of Rachael’s 21st birthday. Her boyfriend Liam is late picking her up to so to the party that is bein
Alicia Harrietha
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite of the Odd Jobs series so far. A.J. Alexander really made these two characters and their second chance at love a story I won't soon forget. Although this book is considered a standalone it was nice to know some of the characters from before but it was definitely not needed.

Rachael and Liam, high school sweethearts, had a not so nice breakup and Liam left her without telling her the real reason. HE truly believed he did it all for the right reasons but when he sees her again h
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read Served you probably remember how that one ended, well Trade In picks up right where it left off. If you haven’t read Served, you can still read Trade In. It is a standalone.

Rachael and Liam were high school sweethearts, until tragedy struck and changed both their lives. Will they get a second chance at love? Will their relationship survive when the truth comes out?

This is my FAVORITE book in the Odd Jobs series. I love second chance romances and this one was perfect. It had its s
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

To say this book really hit me hard would be an understatement. Rachel and Liam have a past, one that was torn apart by the decisions of others. Rachel is a girl who is special. She's light and love. She has the chance to right the wrong of the past but is it worth it? Liam felt the biggest hurt of all, being let down by those who are supposed to love you, nurture you. Also, it kept him from love so special and deep that he knew he had to get away
Serena Worker
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachael is ready to celebrate her twenty-first birthday, but she’s waiting for Liam, then she gets a call that changes everything, her brother didn’t survive the accident, and she never hears from Liam again.
Liam gets a call from Morgan which makes sense with everything his dad made them do, he tells her to let Rachael know he loves her, then takes the battery out of his phone, knowing he has to leave her.
Three years later, Liam didn’t expect the reaction from Rachael and asked by a friend if he
Sassy Southern
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trade In is book 3 in the odd jobs series. This series follows the same group of friends and some of the information from the stories build on each other so you definitely want to read the other two books first just to get the most bang for your buck.

Out of the other books in this series this one was the one I definitely enjoyed the most. In previous books I struggled to connect with the characters, but I didn't have that problem this time. While this story is heartbreaking, it is also filled w
Becky Wise
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trade In is a fabulous second chance romance. This one may just make you a little teary eyed while reading. I love Rachael and Liam together. Rachael is so wonderful. I love her relationship with her father in the beginning. She has such a wonderful group of people in her corner that if you've read any of the Odd Job books then you know the lovely characters I'm talking about. Then there is Liam. Man do you feel for him and the possition he was put in years ago. He is still healing from everythi ...more
Stephanie
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
His name was Chris. I was 20 years old. We worked in the same restaurant. We dated for 2 years. He was my first true love. Then, he broke up with me over the phone. I was devastated. My heart was shattered. I can totally relate to the hurt and anger and betrayal that Rachel felt. It's difficult to start over. You bury those feelings and just move on day by day. However, one chance meeting is all it took to get Rachel all mixed up. I understand why Liam did what he did. I kinda love him more for ...more
Nicole Ortiz
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful heartwarming and emotional second chance romance. High school sweetheart separated from a tragedy, meet together three years after Liam left Rachel after her brother's death. In a new town they run into each other at a mutual friends party. The anger and hurt still there but so is the love. Both Rachel and Liam haven't moved on. Liam doesn't want to lose Rachel again and tries to prove that he still and will always love her, but he must also explain why he left when she need him. Rac ...more
Melony Hobgood
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start with this series over all I'm loving. Charters that are more real life than most book is something I have come to love with Odd Jobs.
Now on to Trade In. How a series of events all from one simple flat tire had me wanting to know how in the world these two could ever find their way back to each other. Rachel is one badass that's for sure. She one of my favorite female characters in a while. I'm not sure what it is about her but I think she could be my spirit animal. Then with such a
Pauline
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rachael and Liam are high school sweethearts. When Rachael's life is upended and the one person she needs to lean on, bolts leaving her all alone. When they run into each other three years later, the hurt and betrayal is still there and Liam knows that the only way to get back the woman he has never stopped loving is to tell her the truth. And that, could ultimately separate them for ever. This book was captivating and the chemistry between the two main characters is off the charts. Great story.
Rowena
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful addition to the series!

A wonderful addition to the series. Two characters in love that had it all but in a blink it’s gone. I loved watching Rachel and Liam getting a second chance at love, they got the wrong side of the stick. With such a strong secondary characters around them, their journey was emotional and intense. My favorite read of the series so far, their journey was not easy but it was so worth the wait. Definitely recommend from an author that does not disappoint.
Pamela Lunder
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series. Rachel losses her brother and the love of her life in one night. These years later she runs into Liam again. Liam never expected to see Rachel again. All he wants us for them to get back together. He has never stopped loving her. I loved Liam. I thought he was a good guy even if he went about everything that night a little wrong. Rachel was a little tougher to like. I know she has the right to be mad at Liam but at times I felt she was a little to hard on him. But I go ...more
Kari Hansen
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liam and Rachel were high school sweethearts until the night that tragedy struck, and Liam disappeared when she needed him the most.

Three years later she has picked up the pieces and moved forward with her life when she sees him again. The chemistry and connection between them is stronger than ever, and he wants a second chance. Rachel is not about to let him back in her life until she knows why but will the truth bring them together or tear them apart?

Full of emotion you feel for what both char
Sarah Sargent
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the things that I love about Aj’s books is yes, they are a series but they can all be picked up and read one at a time as a stand-alone. This one is no exception so that rule. We meet Rachel and Liam in the second book which is where we do start to love Rachel as a person. She comes from a small town and shoots down all thoughts of love. That part of her life’s over. Liam happens to wind up in the same part of California as Rachel and when their worlds collide it’s like a fire. Their chem ...more
Lauren
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read by AJ... I vould not edit for Liam snd Rachael's story. They were high school sweethearts and there end was beyond ugly and heartbreaking. 3 years later Liam reappears and all hell breaks loose because Rachael is beyond pissed. You can tell these two love each other very deeply but there is so much hurt. When the truth comes out thats the true test for these two and I gotta say I was surprised with how they handled it. Really enjoyed this story.
Cindy Hughes
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book in the Odd Jobs series! Second Chance romance are my favorite and this one was wonderful!
Rachael and Liam were high school sweethearts but a tragedy tears them apart. They meet up years later and find their way back together. Will secrets that are being held pull them apart again?
This story has its sweet moments but has very hot steamy ones too! There are twists and turns that keep you turning pages to see what happens next! I loved this book! The Odd Jobs series keep g
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Liam and Rachel were high school sweethearts and then he broke her heart , she has used that hurt to make herself a career as a motorcycle mechanic and is darn good at it.
Now three years later he sees her again and realizes he didn't save her at all but made them both miserable, now he has to see if she still loves him and if after she knows the truth she can be with him.
I love this story and the characters are so easy to relate to
Linda Kehn
Great series.

I loved Rachel in Served and couldn't wait for her and Liam's story and I was not disappointed. I love how all the characters interact and their stories continue in each book. This is a really fun series with sexy guys and women that I would love to hang out with (Paul and Michael fit in that category). I look forward to the next one.

I received this ARC for an honest review.
Megan Klose
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Rachel and Liam. They have a past that Liam walked away from Rachel when she most needed him. When they see each other again it is unexpected and Rachel doesn't know how to feel anymore about him. There was a time she wanted to see him again but now isn't sure. So quick get together scene in the beginning but overall I enjoyed this and their happy ever after
Jackie Ziegler
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rachael and Liam were high school lovers.. Then one fateful night both their lives get completely upended.. Liam thinks he is doing the right thing by leaving her but he never tells her why.. Three years later they run into each other, they both still have very strong feelings but Rachael doesn't want to be hurt again.. Liam knows he needs to tell her the reason he left he just can bring himself to do it.. While they are working on rebuilding what will happen when the truth finally comes out?
Lauren Hutchinson
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet and quick read. This isn't an overly long story but it is a good story. The storyline was interesting and enjoyable. The characters were very likeable and easy to read about. It had everything a good story needs. I would recommend this book.
Izzybear
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rachel and Liam’s story. It’s a story full of emotion and feelings. Second chances don’t always come easy but some are worth fighting for. At times my heart broke as I went on this journey with Liam and Rachel but then the author did a fabulous job weaving their story in a way that mended the pieces back together.
I think their book might be my favorite of the series.
AJ Alexander is a wannabe psychologist, writer, and author of the recently completed, SEAL’ed Series. AJ’s passion is writing angst-filled, happily ever afters that have to be earned by her characters. Women with no backbone need not apply. AJ uses sarcasm and an unlimited supply of song lyrics to bring her romance novels to life.

AJ lives in the angst capital of the world, Seattle Washington with

Odd Jobs (4 books)