Start by marking “Venomous Heart (Eok Warrior, #3)” as Want to Read:
Venomous Heart (Eok Warrior, #3)

Venomous Heart

(Eok Warriors #3)

After drowning his soul in blood, can this alien warrior be saved?

As the only doctor on Aveyn, Ava works day and night for the people she considers hers. Only… she’s not really one of them, is she? She’s a hybrid, a highly illegal creature created by Trade Minister Knut for his personal enjoyment. And she risks a fate worse than death if her existence is ever discovered by
Published April 4th 2019 by Eclipse Press

To ask other readers questions about Venomous Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Venomous Heart

Rosebud
As a rule, Eok warriors see limited active combat as chronic battle situations will drive an Eok warrior to madness. Commander Arlen, one of Eok's premier battle warriors, has been in charge of a Frontier outpost for over a year. An outpost that has seen the most violence on a day to day basis without relief.

New orders direct Arlen to take charge of Aveyn, a planet populated by humans who need the protection of the Ring. Arlen feels it is punishment for a job well done. Why take him away from w
Space Cowgirl
Ava💃 And Arlen🐺 Do Aveyn🌍

To Never Be Afraid.
Ava💃 works as a triage doctor, the only doctor on the planet of Aveyn🌍, recently freed from tyranny by the Eok Warriors🐺. She is a DNA hybrid, created by the deposed dictator, Knut👺, which was illegal, and the mistrusting humans are reluctant to seek treatment. Many wait until it's almost too late!

Big, Blue, Bald, and Naaasssty, Too! Eok Warrior, Arlen🐺 is pulled from the front lines of his home🌍 planet where bloody warfare💀 is constant. He wants it th
Jannie Cv
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartfelt love story!
It’s a fantastic story - very complex, potential enemies around every corner. Arlen is an Eok War Commander, called back from the frontier to take care of the situation on Aveyn. Arlen’s backstory is so sad! He really got rooked by that first ‘mate’ of his! Ava has to work pretty hard to get him to loosen up a bit. She’s just what he needs. But her first loyalty still remains with her very sickly brother.
Ava is the only Doctor on Aveyn. Her human patients hate her because
Janet
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arlen, I feel sorry for him. His first wife didn't love him, used him to get power. But she did not get what she wanted so she betrayed him and was killed for it. Arlen is an honorable man and he does care. His dead wife took something from him now he is something else.
I hope that he will be able to accept Arlen and her love. Very good story. This is the third book in this series they are full of danger, excitement and pure human stubbornness. I love it. I received a complimentary review copy o
S
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have had mixed feelings about this authors work since I started reading their books. They can craft a beautiful story full of imagery and really good male characters but they have a tendency to make the female characters a bit unlikeable. Thankfully this is not one of her brides that pretends to be on board with perspective new husband who just really wants his money to take care of something or a secret someone’s identity they don’t want to share with their new mate.

Ava is a hybrid doctor on
Mary Lynne
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the lead characters in Venomous Heart, and I think they truly did show their hearts and souls throughout this book. Both Arlen and Ava had incredible baggage to address over the course of this book, and yet they were also strong and stalwart in their faith in those they loved or cared for.

Auclair excels in her worldbuilding, and when you couple that with addressing issues that affect all of us, you have a book that’s a true winner. Auclair examines prejudice and judgment at all levels i
Jessica
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Venomous Heart is the third book in the Eok Warriors series. Arlen does not want his current assignment, of keeping peace for a year, and just wants to get back to fighting. He’s cold, uncompromising, that is, until a doctor storms into his office, fearless, making demands, and igniting a passion within him. Ava shouldn’t exist, but lives to save anyone she possibly can. But can Arlen and Ava navigate the dangers that still reside around and within their planet?

This book is definitely my favorit
Jane
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can a warrior and a genetically engineered half-breed find happiness in a universe fraught with prejudice, mistrust and power struggles among the rich and famous? This story explores a host of very real, contemporary issues in the guise of a space opera romance.
Venomous Heart is well written with a strong, compassionate heroine who finds herself bound to an uptight but oh so hunky alpha male warrior-commander of an occupying force. There's plenty of action and intrigue, an exotic slave trading
Margaret
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eok Warrior Arlen is sent to the Planet Aveyn to take control of the humans care and well being.
When Eok warrior Arlen is sent on a mission to protect and care for the newly freed humans on the Planet Aveyn. Dr Ava is a created hybrid and hated by all the humans on the planet even though she is the only doctor available on there. Now treating people who insult and threaten her with very little medicine while trying to care for fellow hybrid twelve year old Uril who has a badly formed heart due t
Barbara
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Eok Warrior series a book that I was not putting down once I started it. The story-line is well written and flows smoothly from page to page. Ava is the only doctor on Aveyn she has a secret she must keep hidden or it means her death, she is a hybrid which is illegal. Arlen comes to Aveyn as the new Eok warrior in charge. Their story will be full of suspense, drama, danger, evil, a villain, a weapon of mass destruction, attempted murder, and one strong willed woman and the ...more
Gladys
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this was a wonderful read. Offering an enticing blend of drama, excitement and raw emotion, this book was very engaging and captured my interest quickly. The story is complex and the romance beautiful. My heart ached for both these characters. Ava was strong, fiesty, smart and caring. My heart broke for her and the prejudice she had to deal with everyday. Arlen was a very tempting, dominate male. He had previous relationship baggage but I also felt this wounded warrior edge to him ...more
Kelly
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This is the third book in the series and you could read it as a stand-alone, but the first two books are excellent too. This is Arlen’s story. He is the warrior brother and has been assigned to manage a planet of humans (yes, against his will) but he meets Ava and together they fight each other and the enemy. I’m loving the Eoks. The are strong, deadly and blue. The women they choose are just as strong. Great read. I will admit there was one scene (I saw it coming) and I thought I was ...more
Ani Bari
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t put this book down. The story had me intrigued from the get go and I was fully invested in the leads from the first meeting. The writing is fast and fluid making it an easy read. Before you know it you will be getting towards the end and wishing there was a way to prolong it without having to stop reading. Towards the end the story stuttered a little but quickly regained its footing. My heart was in a vice through the last couple of chapters. My emotions ran from elation, shock and de ...more
Philleys Peters
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another romantic sci-fi thriller set in this exciting world of the Eok warriors. Heart broken Eok warrior Arlen is sent to Aveyn to take command, and meets his match in a stubborn illegal hybrid female who is also the unregistered doctor and the only medic around. It was easy to see how these two lonely and stubborn adversaries moved from enemies to lovers. A passionate and emotional romance that is just what I love!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Marybeth
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Venomous series. You can read this as a stand alone, but it's much better if you read the other books in the series.

Ava is a genetically engineered human/avonie hybrid. She is trying to save Uril, who is a human/Cattelan hybrid. He needs a new heart that is somewhere on Aveyn. Hybrid anything is forbidden and they are despised because of it. Arlen is an Eok, a warrior race, who has been made commander of Aveyn, to protect the human population.

I really enjoyed this
Vickie
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A guilt ridden Eok warrior can find his peace, his soul and his bondmate with whom the galaxy sees as a genetic abomination. I loved both of these characters. They are both determined and strong fighters, in their own ways, having faced so much manipulation and deception in their lives. But now, if Arlen accepts what fate has dropped in his path, together they can find happiness. This story is filled with drama, danger, prejudice and sacrifice. Ava will do anything to save her brother, including ...more
Lynall
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is excellent- it is very well written, the story is original and interesting. The hero is awesome, I adored him. Arlen is a superb character, with hidden depths, and Ava is great. A forbidden hybrid, and a very intelligent and strong heroine. This story is engaging right from the start. I totally recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a strong female character and an imaginative alien plot line.

Mim Crenshaw
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series, and this book did not disappoint. Each book is better than the last; and this was wow. In this book, the author will make you feel a gamut of emotions...love, anger, joy, and you'll cry too. I love the attraction, chemistry, and passion between the two fiery characters. I just cant quit gushing about how good this book is. You wont be disappointed with this one.

Sherry Westendorf
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent addition to the series. Very well written and a lot of fun to read. He has been off fighting and makes a deal with his brother for peace for a year even though he would rather be fighting. She was illegally created but is the only medical doctor for all the people. Her and him clash but she is his mate. I loved it. I highly recommend it. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Melissa
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A warrior and a genetically engineered half breed give the reader so much more than just an alien romance in Venomous Heart. The author mixes fantasy and reality in a marvelous tale pack with tribulations, excitement and love.

Gaynor Jones
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you least expect it!

What a complex layered story of Arlen and Ava. A mix of sci-fi, political agendas and social issues all mixed up in this sci-fi romance!
This is a journey of love, understandings, acceptance, heat, chemisrty and more.
Throw in some conflict, angst and great characters, an intriguing story line and a ton of sizzle and we have a winner!
Sydney M Neblett
A healer’s touch

Oh my goodness! I just knew Arlen’s story would be epic when we finally got to read it and I am not disappointed. I absolutely love the emotions the author was able to portray in her telling of this tale. I felt pain, joy, love, hate and shed plenty of tears along the path to this much deserved HEA. I can’t wait to read the next book from this author.
Lori
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.  This is Ava and Arlen's story.  Third in the series and really good.   Arlen is an Eok warrior sent to protect humans and Ava is genetically engineered - humans need her, but still hate her.  Together, they try to survive and save her young friend Urli.  Hot sex.
nora
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! Mary has once again delivered a fantastic story. I am still reeling at how much I loved Arlen and Ava. There was so much emotion and pain, yet so much action. Arlen was one sexy dominant Eok warrior and Ava was a beautiful, illegal, hybrid doctor. She was such a strong woman and so selfless and loving. Just so good!!!!!
Cali Jewel
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emotionally thrilling, action packed adventure filled with danger, secrets and undeniable passion with a sweetly heartfelt chance at forever twist..... was a very entertaining read from beginning to end and was so hard to put down.
Elvira
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book it’s full of twist and turns with the characters are well developed and engaging and the storyline flowed smoothly with enough drama and steam to keep you entertained.

Darnell MR Hart
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cold heart is not a empty heart. This book will have you cheering for the outcast. Ava is a super strong woman that refuses to allow anyone to see her heart.  Arlen is the true warrior with a heart of stone.

Together they will melt your heart.
Marianne
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was spellbinding! With the mate bond, the pain from the past, prejudice, intergalactic politics, and more... this book was full speed ahead and totally worth it!

Pat W
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic emotional read. The storyline was superb and gripping. The characters were very well developed and great. Not to be missed
tina garrett
Apr 23, 2019
Mary grew up in the quiet peace of a small rural village in the heart of Quebec, Canada.

She spent her childhood chasing butterflies and catching frogs, playing in the mud and generally being as unladylike as she could. Her love of science led her to complete a mechanical engineering degree at the Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal, where she met the love of her life.

Years later, as she enjoyed the ro

Eok Warriors (4 books)
  • Venomous Craving (Eok Warriors, #1)
  • Venomous Hunger (Eok Warriors, #2)
  • Venomous Lust (Eok Warriors, #4)