Start by marking “Redeem (Under My Skin #4)” as Want to Read:
Redeem (Under My Skin #4)

Redeem

(Under My Skin #4)

Successful financial analyst Michael Walsh leads a picture-perfect life that anyone would envy—unless they caught a glimpse beneath the surface. Haunted by failed relationships and self-doubt, Michael harbors a soul-deep loneliness that no number of casual hookups can fulfill. So why can’t he stop thinking about his New Year’s fling with a man whose quiet desperation match ...more
Published February 26th 2019 by Christina Lee

To ask other readers questions about Redeem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeem

Judith
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, dirty-talk, hot-sex, m-m

Well,hello....this was a bit delicious....

I've only read a couple of books by this Author but this is definitely my favourite.Book 4 ,but without doubt it's a standalone (I haven't read any of the other books in this series )

Right so,who doesn't like a controlling asshole?

Michael is THE MAN........or so he thinks.He throws money about,he wants approval,he wants to be appreciated and noticed....

And I absolutely loved him....he totally made this book work for me (and he's got dogs-always a positiv
.Lili.
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Two anti-heroes for the price of one.

Loved, loved, loved Redeem by Christina Lee. Everything about it worked.

-Flawed characters

-Character growth

-Sexy (DIRTY. TALK)

-Unlikely pairing.

Why unlikely? If you read previous installments of the Under My Skin series, you may remember Michael and Stewart. They were the asshole exes from Reawaken (#2) and Reclaim (#3). While, I knew Christina Lee could redeem them- never did I think she'd redeem them together.

As mentioned above, this book is sexy as all
Cadiva
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Christina you absolutely outdid yourself with this one. Not only did you write a beautiful love story about two flawed men but you most certainly did Redeem Voldemort and the asshole :)

Nothing works better for me when it comes to my romances than a redemption arc story. Both Michael and Stewart will be familiar to the readers of the Under My Skin series as the exes of West (Jonah) from Reawaken and Elijah from Reclaim.

This can be read as a standalone but personally I think you miss out on jus
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Not bad, but it didn't wow me.
Riley Hart
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series! I loved the two antiheroes finding love with each other. This book was smoking hot and super emotional. Recommend!
Ky
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2019
There couldn't have been a more fitting title for this story!

The MCs were portrayed as villains in previous books but here we get to know the why behind their behavior and the real them behind the walls they had built to protect themselves from the world.

Stewart is Elijah's ex from Reclaim and so far we knew him to be controlling, persistent and stubborn. He didn't take no for an answer and continued to seek out Elijah even after months of them supposedly breaking up.

In this book we see behind
JenMcJ
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think for a book titled "Redeem" the expectations abound. In this case the author managed to redeem two characters that really were a challenge. And it was done very well.
David Alexander
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lee
~4.5 Stars

After that bonus chapter at the end of Reclaim (which is the first chapter in this book), I wanted more of Stewart & Michael. So Imagine my excitement when Christina Lee announced that Michael & Stewart would fall in love with each other. I, unlike other readers, didn't hate Stewart and Michael in the previous books. In Redeem we get to understand why Stewart was so overbearing and Michael so ostentatious/pretentious all the time (let's just say mom and dad played a part). And
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.5 stars.

Christina Lee's books are either a hit or a miss for me lately and Redeem was okay. Didn't hate it but didn't love it either. I skimmed half of it because I couldn't get into it as much as I hoped.

Find me on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Blog
Christina
Feb 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
REDEEM is LIVE!

Amazon (KU): https://amzn.to/2Xpi1L2
Universal link: mybook.to/REDEEMLee

✔ Two antiheroes unite and fall madly in love
✔ F**k buddies to lovers
✔ Redemption x2 is oh so sweet

**PLEASE NOTE: This is book four in the Under My Skin series and can certainly be read as a standalone. You might gain a deeper understanding of Michael and Stewart's redemption, however, if you at least read one of the other books (Regret, Reawaken, or Reclaim).
Shannon
Michael and Stewart's book really took me by surprise- I wasn't expecting all the emotions these 2 characters would evoke.

These are two men who, on paper, couldn't be more different. Michael has money to throw around, which he does quite often- it's really his way of participating in life, because he's not one to open himself up to people. Unlike Michael, Stewart is more of a living pay check-to pay check kind of guy, money doesn't hold the importance for him as it does Michael. But, like Micha
Viz
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm between 3 to 4 stars. It's all about villains(?) finding a HEA for themselves! I have read all her books in the series so it was a bit difficult to find soft spot for the 'villains'

We have come across Michale in West and Tristan's HEA and Steward in Elijah and Cam's. Only Christina can come up with a love story for the 'villains' of her own series!! Its was exciting to see how she could make them work!!
Elsbeth
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I really liked this. I love men who need to redeem themselves in a better version of themselves. I have not read any earlier installments but I got they both needed to be each other's only person.
Some people just fit.. Oh and I loved Michael's dirty talk. f*** hell!!!

descriptiondescription
description
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars

Redeem: such a fitting title for this story. Ms. Lee performed somewhat of a miracle in taking, not one, but two characters who were complete asshats and she not only made them redeemable, she made me fall in love with them.

I’ll be honest, I had my reservations about reading this story. I really disliked both Michael and Stewart when I was introduced to them in the previous installments in the series, but as I got to know them, I could understand what caused them to act as they did. They
Elle
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read.

I loved these two broken men. Stewart and Michael are so perfect for each other, as long as they can each learn to trust, have faith in one another and their overwhelming attraction.

Strangely, I think that this could be my favourite book of the series (go figure 🤔). We find that Stewart and Michael's respective journeys have not been easy, and although I did wish at times that I could knock their heads together, I also wanted to hug them both (lots).

Both had been, unwittingly, re
Brown Eyed Girl ~Suzanne~
After starting off a bit slow for me this ended on a deliciously good note! I did not read the 3rd book with Elijah and Kam and I think I felt a bit off because of that. I found myself being defensive of the way Stewart was treated by them. But if I had read that previous book I think things would’ve been more cohesive.

This book is hot! Michael is an ass man and goddamn he was obsessed with Stewart’s ass! The sex was dirty but it also helped to solidify the feelings between Stewart and Michael.
UltraMeital
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was everything I hoped for. Christina did it again for sure in this OUTSTANDING book were the villains of the world unite and we see they are a bit misunderstood mostly by themselves. Everyone deserves a second chance, don't you think? I loved the way this book progressed, both Michael and Stewart's hangups and how little by little a friendship and then love made them realize they are allowed to have happiness even if their past isn't spotless. I also enjoyed seeing all the other guys and e ...more
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

So...I think this is my favorite of the series. Christina Lee took two characters that I SO did not like and turned them into real and relatable characters. Sometimes people deserve a second chance, and I really enjoyed watching these two get that chance.

Michael and Stewart were the villains of our previous stories but this book digs so much deeper into that. It made them real and allowed the reader to see it all from a different perspective and I
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

Readers tend to polarize when it comes to villans in books. Love or Hate. Not much in between. Something about Michael and Stewart in this series made people think, hmmm, I wonder if they can be redeemed for all the pain they have caused? You know what happens when an author starts to wonder the same thing?/ Yeah, she decides to put these two crazy people together and see what happens.

The best---Michael and Stewart didn't even try to hide their flaws. Everything out on the table. The r
Joelle
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never thought this book would see the light of day and honestly, I was okay with that. I was completely satisfied with the bonus chapter included in Reclaim. But now that I've read it? I have no idea how I lived without it.

Michael and Stewart are two very unlikeable characters. In Reawaken, we get a glimpse that makes us think Michael might not be such a bad guy after all. But there was nothing about Stewart that made me think he could be redeemed.

Redeeming a character can be a tricky thing. T
JD Crittendon
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Antagonists United!💕

Mix in wronged Ex’s, remorseful thoughts, pugs Chloe & Coco and you have the makings for a Stewart & Michael love story. I like the premise...antagonists (from previous books, however this book is stand alone readable) fall in love while working on their issues. I actually liked the MCs, the sexy times (wow), the pacing plus good, solid writing. Btw, these are my most favorite authors, too. What’s not to like!
Rohit
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
The story is as simple as it gets but I loved the nuances and the attention to anxiety, breakup and building yourself up for the better. The underlying message is beautiful and even tho a bit cheesy, this was one helluva comfort read.
alis
damn. this was romantic as fuck. i skipped elijah story but i know that stewart was an asshole from the previous books. i hated him. and also michael was an ass too. but ugh, this odd pairing is something else. and they redeemed. loved it. like seriously loved it. might be the best book in the series. scratch it, this is my favorite.
Kim
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
"Anti-heroes unite?"
"Guess we'll only have each other to blame if this becomes a dumpster fire."

Michael is West's ex (Reawaken) and Stewart is Elijah's ex (Reclaim). Their former lovers have now found happiness with someone else and they are dealing with the void in their lives and the fall out. They are both considered controlling, bossy, opinionated jerks who failed to listen during their previous relationship and became nuisances afterwards.

Their meeting was unexpected and they did
Carra
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a while since I read the other books in this series, and I didn’t do a re-read of them before starting this one. So while I did generally remember both Michael and Stewart from before, it was long enough ago that I didn’t really come into Redeem with strong preconceived notions about their characters, and I think that helped me warm up to them more quickly than if I had just read the other stories immediately before starting this one. I’m always interested to read redemption-themed sto ...more
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OHMY... This is definitely my favorite in this series. Every word spot on. Gah.

I’ve been dying to get my hands on this (and would’ve dug into Lee‘s brain if I could) since Christina Lee teased about it. Michael’s story was always a mystery. His controlling and his attitude towards West baffled me.

His rendezvous with Stewart on NYE was a perfect jump-start to their story. There’s just something about two incredibly flawed characters finding their happiness. Especially when they overcome their iss
Snjez
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was wonderful.

The first chapter was one of the best starts to a story that I've read in a while. It grabbed me right away and I can't imagine a better beginning for those two characters.

I absolutely loved Michael and Stewart in this story. I can't say I hated them in previous books, it was more that I found their behaviour annoying.
I loved Michael's caring side in this one, it was so endearing. As for Stewart, I couldn't believe how adorable he was and I loved the way he stood up
kathleen
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series! Christina Lee takes 2 anti-heros and makes you fall in love with them. Watching Michael and Stewart slowly peel their layers back and expose their true selves was everything. The emotions in this book are true and heartfelt. From the pain to the pleasure.
The growth these two characters go through is amazing and beautiful. I loved their story and was so happy with their HEA!
Dee
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What’s a nine letter word for first-rate? Wonderful!

Stewart and Michael are two antiheroes from previous books in the series. Stewart appeared irredeemable, but Michael came off as more of a clueless jerk. Both characters were interesting and you just knew there was more to them than meets the eye. In “Redeem” Christina Lee really fleshes them out and makes readers feel for these two. There was great character development throughout, unearthing their pasts and showing the desire to learn from m
Kirstin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This just really hit me hard. These boys were both so broken. Gah. Unbelievable story of love and hope and belonging.

Michael has a solid job, enough money to throw around, and a new-found proclivity for men. His last relationship was...unhealthy. But, he's taken the time to look at himself and realize if he doesn't do something, he's going to turn into his father.

Stewart is a barista. He's happy with where he is professionally, but his personal life is a mess. With repressed anxiety from his up
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.

Under My Skin (4 books)
  • Regret (Under My Skin, #1)
  • Reawaken (Under My Skin #2)
  • Reclaim (Under My Skin #3)