Start by marking “Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins Book 5)

Too Dangerous

(The Lewis Cousins #5)

Jasmine Lewis has tried, and failed, to ignore local Australian bartender, Shane, who's in Cherry Springs while working on his master’s.

She’s kept him at arm’s length, fearing the passion he ignites when nearby, but he does his best to remind her of what she’s missing.

Now school’s out and he’ll have to leave. Will a marriage of convenience give them what they both
Published April 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Too Dangerous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Dangerous

Start your review of Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins Book 5)
Becky Claxon
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved the book! I swoon over guys with foreign accent, and Shane has a killer Australian accent. Of course I can’t actually hear him, but I can hear him in my head! It was fun learning some of the Australian slang. Of course all the women in town wanted to pawn all over him, and with him working in a bar it was much easier for them to do. Since he was working at Jasmine’s aunt’s bar, she got to see a lot of him and form an opinion from a distance. She has a walled off heart so her ...more
Kim  Brewing
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes we put things and people in a box and never move or open that box. Such is Jazzy thoughts on Shane....until her eyes are opened to the man he truly is! I loved this read about a take charge woman that ignores what is obvious to everyone else. Shane is awesome and my heart was so happy for him - to maybe get the life he so deserves. There is a wonderful epilogue to wrap this series up that is heart warming. Loved all the time I spent with the Lewis cousins and this story brought them ...more
Crystal Wilke
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swoon!!!!!! Finally Jasmine and Shane get their story. It was long and tough road but boy did they make it. Totally got teary eyed when Shane told Jasmine how he really feels. I felt my heart start to split because Jasmine was being stubborn. It was great to see all the Lewis cousins again. I love their banter and how strong their family connection is. Definitely looking forward to more of Bethany's books. Maybe a spin off? (Wink,wink)
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is the final book of the series and I am so sad to see this group of cousins go away! A great family series where you get to read about the previous couples as the story timeline moves forward. This is Jazzy's book. You could read this as a stand alone but the whole series is top notch romance so grab them all!

I love that Jasmine ends up with Shane. He has been a part of all the books because of his friendship with Gabe and Jed. He is a really great guy that Jasmine has discounted for
Darcy
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rw, e-book, 2019, romance
I really felt for Shane in this one. He's had a crush on Jasmine for so long, that when she laid out her plan to him I didn't think it was fair as it came off that Jasmine was using him. I feel like there is no way that Jasmine wasn't aware Shane's feelings, she just ignored them. I was glad that when push came to shove that Shane looked out for himself. It seems like that loosing everything seemed to wake Jasmine up, which lead to them finding their HEA.
Messy Bun Book Blog
WHHHHHY is this series over! I have loved every book, but I think this one may be my favorite. Bethany Lopez is a go-to author for me - and it's because of books like this one! Who doesn't love a spitfire heroine and a swoon-worthy hero with a wonderful storyline?!?! Loved the Epilogue - it was the perfect way to say goodbye to some of my favorite characters ever!
Angi
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
I received a free ARC of this book and am voluntarily writing an honest review.

Jasmine and Shane have had a love/hate relationship since Book 1 of this series that has been building toward this book. Jasmine is as stubborn as ever about admitting her true feelings for Shane despite the obvious attraction. Ms. Lopez has maintained the love and humor of this series throughout this book. I am sad to see the series end, but what an awesome way to end it.
Marika
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! Was so so excited for Jasmine and Shane and they didn't disappoint!
They both need something and to get it they need to be a couple, so what's the handy solution?! A marriage of convenience, of course!!!
I adore these two: Jazzy is so stubborn and fiery, but she has a huge heart. Shane is her opposite, so calm and always smiling. The chemistry is off the charts and it was so lovely to see their relationship change and evolve.
I loved seeing the other couples from the previous
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jasmine decides that she needs to grow up and stop living in her little flat, and a buy a house. After finding her dream home she is dismayed to discovered that she needs to be married as per the deceased owners wishes.Shane is Australian, and his visa is about to run out, which means going back to Australia leaving the only family which has meant anything to him.Can they get married and solve these issues, and last the next 5 years without breaking.A great story, with hot scenes, but love and ...more
Kim
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful story! The author did an amazing job creating the characters and weaving a modern storyline! This is the first book I read if this series and it definitely could be read as a stand-alone book without getting lost in a back story. I absolutely loved getting to know the characters and they definitely touched my heart!
Raveen Vann
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shane and Jasmines story is the fifth and last book in this series. I really enjoyed their story a lot and just loved these two. They have known each other for a while and they have pretty strong feelings for each other even though she tries to deny it. Just great book with amazing characters!
Lori R.
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This might be my favorite of this series.
Okay, I say that after every book in this series I read. But seriously, I was so eager to read Jazzy & Shane’s story. The anticipation was killing me. And the wait was totally worth it.

Ms. Lopez gives us the story of Jasmine and Shane. A marriage of convenience...they’ll each get something they want. Right?

Their chemistry is undeniable. And HOT.
But hearts and feelings get involved.
And then a cute, baby goat and an adorable puppy are thrown in the
Leah Blanks
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg I loved this book it was so good and so glad they got together at the end loved loved loved it
Amanda
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story! Shane was a hardworking guy, who wanted a family, with Jazmine. Jazmine was afraid of commitment and tried to keep Shane at a distance. They both needed each other and marriage was the answer. Would they make it work? Would they fall in love?

Heather andrews
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jasmine tends to have trouble staying focused at times, "I was pretty sure she was looking at my nipple when she replied in a choked voice, “Doesn’t matter to me.” Sometimes it's best that Shane doesn't question his woman, “why would you want to make yourself cry?” Shane asked, like a moron. I ignored him and kept talking." I liked this book, I liked Shane.
Three Chicks
Review by Trinette Dungee

Jasmine has been secretly crushing on Shane since her cousin first brought him home during a college break years ago. She’s watched him flirt his way through Cherry Springs and considers him nothing but a player. Shane has made his interest in Jasmine quite clear and everyone in Cherry Springs seems to notice this but her. She does everything in her power to stay away from him and he has no idea why.

When Jasmine finds the home of her dreams but realizes that she may
Sofia Lazaridou
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I believe that Too dangerous is the final book in the Lewis Cousins series, which is sad. I have come to love this series and I love Bethany Lopez's books. She is a good writer and every time I see the chance to read one of her books, I take it.

Too dangerous is a "marriage of convenience" book. Shane's visa is about to expire and he is gonna be forced to leave the country and Jazz is sold on a house, but the owners will only sell it to a married couple, so our characters decide to get married
Teri
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh the last of the Lewis Cousins goes down. . . in more ways than one. Jazzy is the last cousin to marry and of course she had to be the unique one. Done out of need which soon reveals it all. Shane finally has a chance at the woman of his dreams and it only took 10 years. Deception and guilt may be a big problem at first but the biggest hurdle is trust. This author has done the cousins well and this last one was a goodie. Yeah it's passion and crazy love but it has it's issues. Shane may be ...more
Cathy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jasmine and Shane are such a fun couple. He has been in love with her forever and of course is great friends with her family...Jasmine is not so sure. Of course she thinks he is a playboy and therefore can never go there, no matter how hot he is. But when both need a marriage to get what they want, do they jump in and play pretend or is there something more?

Shane is such a sweet guy and you really can feel for him especially when Jasmine is being super stubborn. I mean you need a few bumps in
Nicole
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book of the series, but I'm sad that this is the last book! But I've been anticipating Shane's and Jasmine's story for a while now, and Ms. Lopez definitely saved the best for last. Not gonna lie, there were a few moments where I was frustrated with Jasmine and her attitude towards Shane, but at the same time, I got the reasons why she was closed off and reserved. But when he finally told her how he really felt, I was all "girrrrlllla! get your life together and get with him, cause ...more
Isha Coleman
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Audio Review: Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins, #5) by Bethany Lopez (Author), Amy Soakes (Narrator)

Shane and Jasmine read like a beautiful tragedy. She yearns for someone to trust, but doesn't know how to listen to her heart. He wants to be both her protector and her salvation, but doesn't know how to break through the walls she's built around her heart. Lopez continues to take on human vulnerabilities with a keen eye and an empowering outcome. Too Dangerous is an open book that speaks for
Bethany
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this.

This is a book of a hard fought love. Instant lust but the love was something else completely. But maybe deep down it wasnt as hard as initially thought? Their connection is off the charts and even though it's a bit...uncoventional? Their love is uniquely theirs. I loved every minute of this book. And I mean cmon. Who doesn't love an Aussie. This is an amazing read!
ScarletFix
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story.
The premise was very interesting and I read the book in one sitting. I loved the characters, Jasmine was very strong and determined and Shane an amazingly written hero. Because this is technically part of a series, there were a lot of characters to keep track of, especially if you haven't read the other books, but it is completely possible to read this as a stand alone.
Do recommend this!
Christine Campbell
They are friends from the beginning. He has been having a hard time getting a job in his field and needs to be out of the country for good soon because his Visa is expiring. She comes up with a solution for his situation but it will also help with the purchase of the house. You will love this book
Nancy Metsch
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this is the 5th and finial book in the Lewis cousin series. I hate saying good bye to this group!
Jasmine Lewis Is a true spit fire. She has always been my favorite female character is tnis series. She doesn't crap from anyone and that is my favorite thing about her.
I also really loved the constant push and Pull between her and Shane....Thank you for making the last book amazing
Sharon
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a send off for this amazing series by Bethany! 5 amazing stars for Jasmine & Shane's story!
Jasmine has been trying to keep her distance from her crush Shane, but with him working in her aunt's bar it's impossible. Will she finally act on it?
Shane, also crushed on Jasmine, but she thinks he's a player. Can he show her his true feelings and will she be open to them?
Follow their story, as it unfolds in the final book in this series. Enjoy!
Heather Lynn
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best for Last

4.5

OMG this series and this book. I adore the Lewis family and Ms Lopez’s writing, and Too Dangerous displayed them both beautifully.

I’m sad the series is ending, but incredibly happy it ended on such a high note. Jasmine and Shane were delightful and their story was sweet and touching.
Laurie Stalker
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ljstalker

Loved all of this series, hopefully somewhere down the line we get a up date with all the family! It's a must read series of books just like all of Bethany 's books are can't wait for the next one's!
Melissa Ledet
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful heartfelt love story that will have you believing in happily ever after. Love the interaction between all the characters and the chemistry between Shane and Jasmine. The ending was beautiful and made my heart smile.
Romance Retreat: Marriage of Convenience 1 21 May 16, 2019 03:25AM

• Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • Forgiven (Nash Brothers Book 2)
  • Change of Hart (Hart, #1)
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • Baby Mine: Hunter & Lennon, #1 (Roommate Duet, #1)
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • The Second Coming (Rogue Academy #1)
  • Code Name: Genesis (Jameson Force Security, #1)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • The Two Week Arrangement (Penthouse Affair, #1)
  • Spring Texas Bride (The Brides of Bliss Texas, #1)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • Imperfect Match
  • Maggie's Run (Outback Brides Book 1)
Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webfor...

Bethany Lopez is a USA Today Bestselling author of more than thirty books and has been published since 2011. She's a lover of all things romance, which she incorporates into the books she writes, no matter the genre.
When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with family and

The Lewis Cousins (5 books)
  • Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)
  • Too Complicated (The Lewis Cousins, #2)
  • Too Distracting (The Lewis Cousins, #3)
  • Too Enchanting (The Lewis Cousins, #4)