Start by marking “Never Have I Ever With a Duke (The Spitfire Society #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Have I Ever With a Duke (The Spitfire Society #1)

Never Have I Ever With a Duke

(The Spitfire Society #1)

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Untouchables series comes your next Regency obsession: The Spitfire Society...

Meet the smart, independent women who've decided they don't need Society's rules, their families' expectations, or, most importantly, a husband. But just because they don't need a man doesn't mean they might not want one...

Graham Kinsley is shocked
Published August 27th 2019 by Darcy Burke Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Never Have I Ever With a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Have I Ever With a Duke

Start your review of Never Have I Ever With a Duke (The Spitfire Society #1)
Niki
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secretary Graham Kinsley never expected to inherit a dukedom, but now he finds himself saddled with one, and riddled with debt. He has one month to repay the bank loan or he'll lose the unentailed property lovingly designed by his great, great grandfather. The new Duke of Halstead is determined to prevent this and restore his legacy, and marrying an heiress is the best solution he can come up with. When he meets Miss Arabella Stoke, he finds himself enchanted. Unfortunately, she is also ...more
Stacee
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I've read several of Darcy's other books, so I'm always interested in what she's writing. Especially when it's a new series.

I liked Arabella and Graham well enough. They're both good people who are loyal to their families and friends. I liked that they worked together to figure things out and that Graham was open to Arabella taking an active role. There are several characters from the previous series and it was fun to see them again.

Plot wise, it was a bit bland. There's a lot of inner
romancejunkie
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Graham has inherited a debt-ridden dukedom, so he needs to enter in a marriage of convenience with a heiress to help him repay the loans. Some time later he meets Arabella and they both become very attached to each other, but as she is destitute and is also searching for a rich husband to help her with her family debts, both try to fight their growing feelings. Will they find a way to have their HEA?
I did not connect much with the characters, but i still think it is a good read for lovers of
Barbara Rogers
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Series: The Spitfire Society #1
Publication Date: 8/27/19

We first met our hero, Graham Kinsley, in the final book of The Untouchables series. Graham was the secretary of the Earl of St. Ives and he handled all of the betting on the races featured in the last few books of the series. Graham has now, very unexpectedly, inherited a title, Duke of Halstead – and that is all there is – a title. The estate is totally insolvent with the last Duke having been swindled out of a huge sum of money. The only
eyes.2c
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Determined? Yes. Spitfire? Not so much.

This first in Darcy Burke's new series, The Spitfire Society, just didn't grab me. I quite liked Graham Kingsley, the new seventh Duke of Halstead, as the unacknowledged relative who became a Duke only to find everything mortgaged to the hilt. There is a deeper story behind this, but it's like looking through a dusty pane of glass trying to pull it all together. The former Duke had not only gambled heavily but had made suspect investments that never came
Elodie
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will two persons who have been wronged find a future together or be torn apart forever.

I do love Mrs Darcy Burke writing style, the words flow easily and her characters are always more complex than they appear at first, and they are the kind whom always try to save the day.

Arabella and Graham find themselves sharing the same circumstances, both reaching bankruptcy because of bad investments by their kin. And in London society when reaching destitution, wealthy spouses if often the answer, too
Melanie
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Never Have I Ever With a Duke was a fantastic start to a new historical romance series with an amazing romance and a delightful group of characters.

As the son of a secretary, Graham Kinsley never imagined he’d inherit a dukedom, let alone a bankrupt one. With one month to repay a loan, Graham needs to marry an heiress fast. But after meeting the penniless Miss Arabella Stoke, Graham finds himself falling hard. After discovering the same scoundrel stole money from them both, the two begin working
Maggie Whitworth
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

First in a brand new series, The Spitfire Society, from Darcy Burke .
As with the Untouchables, this is going to be another great set of stories.

Wonderful writing and in turn excellent reading .
Great for those quiet nights in .

Arabella has one failed betrothal behind her , even though it was an unwanted one .
Her family is quickly running out of funds and she needs a husband with plenty of money before her family ends up in Debtors Prison , bankrupt .
Now the search is on but who will she set her
Tracy Emro
Shelves: for-review
For years it was assumed that Arabella Stoke would marry David, the Earl of St. Ives, as their fathers were best friends and while they had never formally betrothed them, hoped they would marry. But David fell in love and married another, leaving Arabella in a position of needing to marry before the ton learns that her family is on the brink of financial ruin.

Graham Kinsley, was introduced to reader in the Untouchable series as the secretary to St. Ives, but now through a series of unfortunate
Tanya Sridhar
Aug 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, netgalley
What is with these modern-age titles these days?
Kathy
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting plot with unusual characters. Graham has recently inherited a dukedom along with staggeringly debt. Arabella’s family is also in the same position and trying their best to keep the information from the rest of the Ton. Inevitably they develop strong feelings for each other while trying to flush out the scoundrel that had cheated countless people out of their money. The end is a bit surprising and it’s nice to see a HEA that doesn’t tie all the loose ends into a nice bow - ...more
AnnMarie
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never Have I Ever With a Duke is the first book in The Spitfire Society series by Darcy Burke.

Graham Kinsley and Arabella Stoke have something in common, their families have been swindled out of their money leaving them on the verge of bankruptcy. Graham has inherited a dukedom, so not only has he got to worry about himself but also all the family members who rely on handouts from the estate. Arabella's father has left them possibly facing debtors prison. There is only one way out for both
Cathy Geha
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Never Have I Ever With A Duke by Darcy Burke
The Spitfire Society #1

Having set themselves on the shelf but preferring the term spitfire to spinster a group of women created The Spitfire Club. In the club, from what I can deduce, Jane Pemberton and Phoebe Lennox are definite members with Arabella Stoke a friend and potential member...if she didn’t have to find a wealthy husband to right her father’s monetary woes.

When Arabella, in disguise walking her mother’s dog, meets Graham Kinsley, new Duke
Janet
4.25 Stars
Meet the smart, independent women who’ve decided they don’t need Society’s rules, their families’ expectations, or, most importantly, a husband. But just because they don’t need a man doesn’t mean they might not want one.

Graham Kinsley was quite happy with his life as secretary to the Earl of St Ives & is shocked when he inherits a debt-ridden dukedom, and now he has just one month to repay a loan or lose the lovely manor house his ancestor built. He needs an heiress or find a way
Tanja Kezmic
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
I've been a huge fan of Darcy Burke and was really excited to reading this but I wasn't blow away like I usually am. Don't get me wrong it was quite enjoyable to read how the MC's were trying desperately to find a solution for their status. Them falling for each other didn't help the problem. I did liked Graham and Arabella together. They seemed to suit each other's characters. It was fun to see to what lengths he was willing to go to secure her future and how she didn't want to give him up ...more
Cheryl
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Graham Kingsley, the new Duke of Halstead, needs to marry an heiress. Arabella Stoke, also needs to marry a wealthy man to aid her family. They both need money through no fault of their own. What a shame they were very attracted to each other, they wouldn’t be able to act on it! Arabella’s friends are trying to find a suitable wife for Graham. The characters are engaging, there is a mystery as to who is the villain and some very passionate moments. This was an enjoyable read and I look forward ...more
Cali Jewel
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining, sexy, fun and engaging romantic adventure filled with longing, love and undeniable passion..... was a great read from beginning to end. Really enjoyed this emotional thrill ride!
Tia
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm so pleased to have discovered Darcy's books from reading the Wicked Dukes Club written with Erica Ridley, which I enjoyed immensely.

Loved the story of Graham and Arabella. I knew of the connection Ridley had to the bad guy early on. Darcy does not disappoint. She will always be an auto-buy and read author for me.

A Duke is Never Enough February 2020 is Phoebe and Ripley’s story. I can’t wait!!

I received this galley from Darcy E. Burke Publishing via Netgalley.

Connie Fischer
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
London - 1819

Arabella Stoke’s father is not well and their family’s financial circumstances have dropped significantly. Her father had made an unwise investment with a man and now finds himself swindled out of all of his money. Her mother spends a lot of time at her husband’s bedside.

When Arabella is out walking her mother’s dog one morning, he gets away from her. Running after him results in her accidentally knocking into a gentleman. She is dressed as a servant so people won’t know that she is
Suzannah
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Never Have I Ever is book 1 in the Spitfire’s Society series by Darcy Burke. I thought this book started off very strong. Graham Kinsley has inherited an insolvent dukedom and he must find a wealthy heiress to rescue him. Arabella Stoke’s family has been financially devastated as well and she must also find a wealthy man to wed. But when sparks fly between Graham and Arabella what are they to do when being together means they lose everything. The trop of someone needing to be rescued from ...more
Vania Nunes
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spitfire Society is a small group whose women are proud to call themselves spinster, formed by Miss Phoebe Lennox - who had been inherited from an aunt after leaving her fiancé at the altar and running away - and Miss Jane Pemberton.
They considered Lady Arabella Stoke as one of them.

Arabella was only 23 years old, had a sick father and a bankrupt family. Her mother saw no other solution than Arabella getting married. But who would marry a penniless girl?
Everything could have been different if
Lori D
The title alone made me start thinking about the possibilites that Darcy Burke would use to enchant me in this story. Oh yes, I always know when I start one of her books, I should make time because it will be hard to put down! An exciting start to a new series, The Spitfire Society, grabbed me quickly from the first page. An unexpected encounter between the main characters involving a sword and a biscuit had me smiling at what would happen next!
Isn't it always the case of a heir needing money
Maria Dariotis
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never Have I Ever With a Dukd
The Spitfire Society book 1
by Darcy Burke

Once again Darcy Burke has hit a home run with her new series!

Arabella Stoke has no choice but to marry a man of means, it’s the only way to salvage their fortunes. Her father lost everything because of a swindler and her family is suffering because of it. Having no choice she tries to make the best of her situation. Until she meets Graham Kinsley.
Graham Kinsley never thought he’d one day become a Duke, his life has taken a
Mary
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is dramatic, suspenseful, intriguing and romantic. Graham inherits a title from the side of the family that disinherited his great - great - great - grandfather, after designing and overseeing the building of Brixton Park. Fate finally made a full circle, now that Graham owned Brixton Park, he was determined to make it his. Except it's about to be forclosed on, and Graham doesn't have the money to save it, so he must find and marry an heiress. Arabella wants to be a spitfire, a spinster ...more
Greta Barnhouse
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arabella Stokes likes her independence and wishes she didn’t have to marry for money. She would really like to be included in the Spitfire Society along with her friends. But she and her family have been hiding their financial situation from everyone.
Graham Kingsley a former secretary now a duke is also in dire straits and should start his search for an heiress. He never expected to become a duke much less inherit a financial disaster.
Swindled by the same person they join forces to help
Zena
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a catchy title! And this story sure lives up to that too.
Most important is that this book also lives up to the title of the series in that there are some pretty feisty women in it who know just what they want out of life and that isn't necessarily marriage.
So let us look at this first story. We have feisty young women, a man, Graham, who is willing to fight for what he knows is right and a woman, Arabella, who is willing to stand beside him in this fight.
There is the really evil mystery-man
Lana Birky
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic series this is going to be - once I started this one, I was unable to put it down & stayed up way too late in the wee hours to finish it but it was so worth it! Darcy always has creates characters that her readers fall in love with & always want them to win & get their HEA.

Graham Kinsley is dumbfounded when he is informed he has inherited the title of Duke - too bad it is a dukedom that is debt ridden & he only has a month to repay the loan.

Arabella Stoke must
Pelusa Rivera
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I tend to really like Darcy's book however this one I didn't find as enjoyable. Not that I didn't like just not my favorite. So we meet Graham who unfortunately inherited a title along with a whole lot of debt, so he needs to marry for money so he needs an heiress. Unfortunately for him he meets Arabella and they are attracted to each other but her family also needs money and she also needs to marry for money, so these two try to ignore their feelings for each to try and help out their family, ...more
Carole Burant
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Darcy Burke never disappoints with her stories! And now I want butter biscuits!!! You must read the book to find out why:)

The two main characters, Graham and Arabella, are so wonderful and you can't help but feel so badly for them and what they're going through. Both need to marry for money and since neither one of them have money, it wouldn't be feasible for them to have a future together, even though they've fallen in love with each other!!

A well written story with an interesting plot and
Angela
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Smart, independent, family-oriented are all words that describe Arabella. She knows what she wants and even though there is some trepidation, she goes after it. Love these characters in stories. Graham is just too sweet and how could you not like him. Theirs is a story of “we can’t, but we need”. Their friends are great and when they are talking you feel like you are sitting there with them. A wonderful love story.

Looking forward to Ripley and Colton’s stories (and Phoebe and Jane)!

I received a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas #6)
  • One Night to Remember (Wicked Dukes Club #5)
  • The Duke's Embrace (12 Dukes of Christmas #7)
  • One Night of Passion (Wicked Dukes Club #3)
  • The Duke's Desire (12 Dukes of Christmas #8)
  • Too Tempting to Resist (Gothic Love Stories, #3)
  • Too Wicked to Kiss (Gothic Love Stories #1)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Too Sinful to Deny (Gothic Love Stories #2)
  • Too Wanton to Wed (Gothic Love Stories, #4)
  • The Spitfire (Wicked Wallflowers, #5)
  • One Night for Seduction (Wicked Dukes Club #1)
  • Sophia and the Duke (Forever Yours Book 7)
  • Shameless Duke (League of Dukes #4)
  • The Marquis She's Been Waiting For (The Marriage Game, #9)
  • Guarding the Countess (The Scandal Sheet, #5)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
Darcy Burke is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy, emotional historical and contemporary romance. Darcy wrote her first book at age 11, a happily ever after about a swan addicted to magic and the female swan who loved him, with exceedingly poor illustrations. Join her Reader Club at http://www.darcyburke.com/readerclub.

A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her

The Spitfire Society (3 books)
  • A Duke is Never Enough (The Spitfire Society #2)
  • A Duke Will Never Do (The Spitfire Society #3)