Start by marking “She's Like The Wind (Angel Sands #2)” as Want to Read:
She's Like The Wind (Angel Sands #2)

She's Like The Wind

(Angel Sands #2)

He’d be a fool to fall for his long-legged, barefoot employee. But bad decisions have never stopped him before…

Successful businessman and single father, Nate Crawford, doesn’t need any more complications. That’s why he’s moved his business – and his life – to a small beach town. He’s expecting sun, sea and tranquility, but what he gets is a whirlwind in the form of town sw
Published May 16th 2019 (first published May 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about She's Like The Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She's Like The Wind

Start your review of She's Like The Wind (Angel Sands #2)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“If I kiss you will you shut up?” Ally’s mouth dropped open and she stared at him with those big blues. “Probably not. But you should do it anyway.”

Gossip moved faster than the speed of light in Angel Sands… Having social media was pointless around here. By the time you opened your phone up to look, all the news was old.

My Review:

This engaging book had all the feels and a bit of everything including a fresh start for several, a new relationship for the main characters, sensual si
Whispering Stories
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

She’s Like the Wind is a light easy read, a romantic novel with an unexpected twist. It is written from the point of view of the main character Ally Sutton who runs a seaside cafe. Her father ran it for years before he suddenly took off and left Ally to do it all on her own. Suddenly along comes Nate Crawford, owner of a string of coffee shop, who tells Ally that he’s brought the cafe from her father with the proviso that she is kept on as the manager.

I
Somia
Book 2 in the small-town romance series gives us Ally Sutton and single dad Nate Crawford. In this book Ally must come to terms with the fact that her absent father has sold his business, the one she has been managing, without giving her any consideration, and she’s been offered up to the new owner as part of the fixtures and fittings of the deal. I know what a gem of a father.

Nate’s girlfriend in this Stephanie was just a (view spoiler)
Claire Robinson
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Once this place has it's hooks in you, you'll never want to leave..." Stars!

The second book in Carrie’s Angel Sands series gives us Ally Suttons’ story. We learned of her struggles to keep the family business going on her own in the first book of the series. Ally now has to come to terms with the fact that her absent father has sold said business without giving her any consideration, and she’s been offered up to the new owner as part of the fixtures and fittings of the deal.

Everything wa
Melanie Moreland
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Older man, younger woman. Employer and employee. Both excellent reasons to avoid getting involved. But as this perfect summer story unfolds, all the reasons in the world do not matter, because this couple works. Ally is exactly what Nate needs in his life. Nate is the perfect partner for her. Their story is a slow burn that explodes, and is so satisfying to read. I love their characters, the maturity with which the story was written and the feeling of warmth that encompassed the whole book. Fami ...more
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

‘She’s like the wind’ is the second book in the ‘Angel Sands’ series. Do you have to read the first book to read this one? No, you can perfectly read this book without reading the first one.

After reading and enjoying the first book ‘Let me burn’ I was curious about Ember’s two best friends Ally and Brooke and their romance story. ‘She’s like the wind’ is the story of Ally and Nate.

Ally never expected that she would f
Anne OK
Quick easy read between older guy with a teenage daughter and the small town's "daughter." Perfect for a vacation beach read. Nothing new -- nothing that sets the pages on fire. Just a solid standard run of the mill light romance.
Monica
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
You know, we’ve always hope for that summer dream.
Those lazy, calm, happy, lovely days.

Angel sands it’s the perfect scenery, a small town, everyone knows each other and they live one day after another, breathing the place with heart and soul.

Every change, every small event is taken seriously and everyone takes part and does whatever they can to make that change better.

You feel it if you’re born there or if you moved there.
That’s life what happened to this couple, Nate and Ally are from diffe
Iulia
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars

I mean, Nate was low-key an asshole and I'm not really a big fan of books written in 3rd person, but I did like it. I can't blame Nate for a hurtful conversation with Ally because he was quite stressed. But yeah, a solid 4 stars
Vanessa Silva Martins
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
“She’s like the wind” was a ARC provided by the author last month and I was able to receive one.
Carrie Elks is one of my favorite authors in romance literature, she can write amazing stories where you will fall in love. Each story she writes for her characters can capture your heart and soul. She has a beautiful line story.
“She’s like the wind” is the second book of the series “Angel Sands” and what a wonderful story Carrie tell us in this book.

Nate Crawford is a father who have to raise an an
Cyndi Becker
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2019
In book one of this series, I fell in love with this group of women and the town of Angel Sands. I was extremely pleased that Ally's story was the 2nd in the series as I found her very likable and her situation intriguing. Add in the premise of her story ( older man/younger woman) and I was practically gleeful.

Ally's life is upended when her father, who is MIA, up and sells their cafe out from underneath Ally. Into Ally's life comes an older man, her new boss, with his teenage daughter; the sma
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This was a really nice, well written, feel good story and I loved it. It made me smile a lot and even induced a welling if tears at one point, it definitely has all the feels.

I had already met Ally in Let Me Burn, the first book in the Angel Sands books and I always liked her. It was wonderful catching up with her story and her friends, Ember and Brooke. Then there is Nate, he is a lovely, kind, understanding business man with a teenage daughter, Riley, who he is trying to deal with. These chara
Tracy
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are back in Angel Falls for the second book in this fab series. I really enjoyed the small town feel in this book as the author makes it feel really intimate, kind of like you are transported there and watching it all happen.

The characters in this book are amazing. I loved Ally for how real she was and although she was strong she was still very vulnerable. Nate comes along with his own baggage and at the start of the story was not very likeable, you do find yourself rooting for him though wh
Tanya
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He is successful single father who has money but he wants a simpler life. so he moves to a small town and he finds her. She has lost her face and she gets a job with him. He knows he should not touch but soon it became much more. just how far will it all go? Follow them to find out

Teresa Lara
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ally and Nates amazing beautiful love story grabbed my heart and wouldn't let go.Loved all the feels about this story.Need tissues I also need more.Love this story.
Victoria Weston
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second one is the Angel Sands Series and I couldn't put it down and this slow burn, small town romance was an awesome read. I cant wait to dive into book #3 in this series and I highly recommend that you read them in order so you know who everyone is. This is a great beach you read and you will love this series.

Nate is a single father to Riley and they are both new in town after there lives have been flipped upside down after all what they have both been through.
Nate is such a g
DrivenbyBooks
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
It was my first read by this author and I definitely want to read the other ones in this series! This one was a light, fun and sweet single dad book that will leave you swooning in the end and want to have a Nate of your own :-)

Ally is doing whatever it takes to make sure her café is staying above ground but when she finds out it's getting sold by her father, it leaves her devastated. After everything she's been through, it's hard to say goodbye to the one place that has always kept
Ann
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
A light fun and sweet single dad book that will leave you swooning in the end and want to have a Nate of your own :-) It was my first read by this author and it definitely makes me to want read more by her.

Ally is doing whatever it takes to make sure her café is staying above ground but when she founds out it's getting sold by her father, it leaves her devastated. After everything she's been through, it's hard to say goodbye to the one place that always kept her grounded. When the ne
Kristen Lewendon
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another slow burn romance in Angel Sands. I already have a history of not being a fan of the flamboyant, overbearing best friend, so I wasn’t sure how I was going to react to Ally as the heroine of her own story. I really loved that she gets a dose of her own medicine when her friends turn the overbearing tables on her. As it was, this story made me relive parts of my own youth as a teenaged girl learning to adapt to her dad’s parenting style after mom passed away. My heart went out to both Ally ...more
K B
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars
I purchased a copy of the novel She's Like The Wind: A Small Town Single Dad Love Story (Angel Sands Book 2) by Carrie Elks and this review was given freely.
A touching story containing a single parent finding love, the emotional turmoil of a teenage girl and the close supportive family of friends found in Angel Sands.
When the owner of the coffee chain Deja Brew and single father Nate Crawford suddenly buys Alley's Sutton's father's Cafe and moves with his troubled 16 year old daughter Ril
Stacey
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Let Me Burn earlier in the year, I've waited too long to read this! I remember saying I'd love to read more from the secondary characters from that book, so I'm glad Elks has continued with the series.

I like how the storyline ties in with what was happening at the end of #1, with Ally worrying about what is going to happen to her coffee shop. And then enters Nate Crawford, the new business man in town with a troubled teenage daughter, Riley...

Another slow burn, will they/won't they
Gloria Markus
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance

Exquisite story of teen angst and angst of the grownup variety. Ally is a super strong young woman who is still dealing her father going away when she was younger and then selling the cafe out from under her. Also she has a smoking hot new boss, who makes her wish for a happy ever after.
Cindy Callahan
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

Book two is just as good as the first. The storyline of age gap normally isn't my favorite read but it didn't bother me with this book. That's how good the story and chemistry is.
Emma Jackson
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another gorgeous, romantic read that offered me the perfect escape. I’m so glad I’ve found this author & that there are so many of The Angel Sands series for me to catch up on. Any time I want to spend a day or two with some relatable characters, in a beautiful beachside setting, with the prospect of a HEA, I’m going to pick up another one. ...more
Lynn Smith
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She's Like The Wind

Nate and Ally's story was sweet. This series, has you smiling one minute and in tears the next. You can't help but fall in love with the characters.
Jackie
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fab book !!
Sarah Tummey
Jun 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I wish I had read a book like this in my teens. It encourages communication between parents and children so they understand each other better.
Kelly Palmer
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

A beautiful heartbreaking story of one persons past and an others reality. A story of hope love and family. A beautiful must read.
Joanna
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved being back in Angel Sands!

Small town ✔️
Beach ✔️

Can’t wait for the next book
T. Rosado
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2019, arc

4.5 Stars

This is the second book in the Angel Sands Series, but reads as a standalone perfectly. I'm no longer surprised by the wonderful story development and attention to detail that this author consistently provides. She's Like the Wind was another strong story in this author's arsenal. I knew the moment I met Nate in the first chapter that he was going to be a fabulous hero by the way he loved his daughter and put her needs above his own. Elks also nailed the motherless teen daughter depicti
« previous 1 3 next »

• No Reservations
  • Defend Me (A Frazier Falls Small Town Novel Book 3)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • One Hundred Decisions (An Aspen Cove Small Town Romance Book 13)
  • Bourbon Love Notes (The Barrel House, #1)
  • No Vacancy
  • Codename Romeo (Rogues and Rescuers #1)
  • The Triplet Scandal - A Billionaire's Babies Romance (Scandalous Book 3)
  • Mr. Knightsbridge
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Love and Neckties (Rockland Falls Book 4)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • One Hundred Choices (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 12)
  • Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley, #2)
  • Keeping Secrets
  • Cheesy on the Eyes (Slice #5)
  • Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
  • Changing Roles
Carrie Elks is an international bestselling author of thirteen traditionally-published and self-published novels. Her books are sweet yet sexy contemporary romance stories. Her latest books are a series of small town romances set on the coast of Southern California. You can begin the Angel Sands series with Let Me Burn - available on Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited.

Amazon: http://author.to/CarrieEl

Angel Sands (5 books)
  • Let Me Burn (Angel Sands, #1)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Angel Sands #3)
  • Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)
  • Baby I'm Yours (Angel Sands #5)