Start by marking “Veg: Easy and Delicious Meals For Everyone” as Want to Read:
Veg: Easy and Delicious Meals For Everyone

Veg: Easy and Delicious Meals For Everyone

'Jamie gives all your favourites a veggie makeover in his brilliant new book' Mail on Sunday

Jamie Oliver is back with over 100 brilliantly easy, flavour-packed and accessible veg recipes.

WITH ALL THE RECIPES FROM JAMIE'S CHANNEL 4 COOKERY SERIES MEAT-FREE MEALS

From simple suppers and family favourites, to weekend dishes for sharing with friends, this book is packed full o
Published August 22nd 2019 by Michael Joseph (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Veg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veg

Start your review of Veg: Easy and Delicious Meals For Everyone
Hilary
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans
I've never read a Jamie Oliver cookbook before or seen any of his TV series so I was surprised just how much I enjoyed this book. I received this as a birthday present which was such a treat as it's a definite favourite and benefits the givers who live in the same house, so it's an all round success!

I've tried several of these recipes and there are so many I can't wait to try.

Each double page spread has a recipe on one side and a photo of the finished product on the other. This is exactly what
Ceecee
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The UK had/has (?) a reputation for not great food which was probably fair many years ago but is not true now. One of the (many)people responsible for making a difference has got to be JO whose TV programmes and many cookery books have inspired us to be braver and bolder as cooks. I’ve got most of his books in my vast cookery book collection and I find his recipes work and most importantly they are easy to follow. I like cooking but don’t want to spend hours preparing and faffing about!

I’m not a
Nicole
Jamie oliver and Veggies - match made in heaven
Stephen Robert Collins
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is declared to John Hamilton his Art Director friend thus providing what I always say about cookbooks that it is not just the recipes but the photos plates .
A chef can write great recipe but in book if it is not displayed well it will not sell.
Jamie has been very lucky over his last 21ys because of Hamilton.
Veg the greens we all take for granted and often boil to death here is how to laugh, cry eat lose weight and enjoy life.
Kristina
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it
First, I want to say that I like Jamie Oliver and his recipes in general but was expecting more from this book. The main reason is that I don’t think a lot of consideration was put into the choice of recipes. What I expected were more nutrient-rich and healthy recipes.

Vegetarians should strive to balance their diet with more proteins and healthy fats. Roughly, around 80% of the recipes in the books have one of the following as the main ingredient: rice, flour, bread, pasta, puff pastry, filo pas
Terri
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
Perfect timing. Exactly what I needed in my life. Some of this annoying guy's veggie inspiration.
I love meat. I am a voracious meat eater from way back. But I don't mind a vegetarian meal from time to time. Then, after Jamie Oliver released his two Super Foods cookbooks, I started craving, and cooking, vegetarian meals regularly. From seven days a week meat based meals, I have shifted to veg meals maybe two to three days a week. Sometimes, gasp (don't tell meat), I can even do five days in a row
Chantal
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: library, food
Refreshing book with all kinds of vegetable recipes. There are some appealing recipes and there is recipe for everybody inside. Loved the pictures. Also liked the use of mushrooms!

Candace
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb written on this book describes it precisely. What I liked about this book is the wide variety of vegetarian recipes and the Hints and Tips. The list of ingredients are listed on one side of the page. Easy to follow cooking directions are written in paragraph format. At the bottom of the page are listed in small print Energy, Fat, Sat. Fat, Protein, Carbs, Sugars, Salt and Fiber metric measurements. On the opposite page is a full-page, color photograph of the dish. The recipes I tagged ...more
Kathleen
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
A ton of recipes! Lots of pasta, rice and puff pastry. Heavy on middle eastern spices.
Sharon
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good ideas but disappointed that he seems to have left the two previous books super foods healthy concepts to make rather stodgy heavy meals that often seem too heavy for today’s lifestyle. Granted vegetables but so much starch added! Having said that, there are many good combinations, ideas and recipes. But I’ll happily avoid the potatoes /rices /fillers....
Dollylulham
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some delicious recipes in here but a lot with cheese so will be dinners for just The adults for now
Jacky Mercury
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's some appealing recipes here, the first few in the book, I felt had a bit of a 70s vibe to them, weirdly. The pasta recipes all sound delicious though. Unfortunately from my view point, most recipes have a long list of ingredients and can be quite complicated. That said, I'm sure there's much to enjoy here. ...more
Karen Foster
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
As always with Jamie, the beautiful design and down-to-earth writing style makes for a collection of craveable recipes. Definitely leaning towards vegetarian and not vegan (though there are some vegan recipes here). I can’t wait to try sooooo many of these veggie focused dishes.
Tracey
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finished this yesterday at my friends. We were enjoying looking through the recipes over coffee yesterday !
Roz
May 23, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020, recipe
A gorgeous collection of photographs that will get one salivating, supporting easy-to-follow recipes. Perhaps not the best book for a vegan, as there are many recipes requiring eggs or dairy. But Jamie does acknowledge it and offer variations at the back of the book. I do appreciate the nutritional breakdown beneath each recipe. It is helpful, especially when working out how much protein one is getting.

I will make that mushroom stroganoff at some point - when I figure out vegan crème fraîche -
Dane Cobain
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I feel guilty about this review because this book was sent to me by my friend Charlie Heathcote because he had two copies of it. I only review cookbooks once I’ve tried all of the recipes that I want to try, and it only took me a week or so to do that here because there weren’t too many that I particularly wanted to try.

To be fair, the reason for that is that a lot of the recipes here are pretty basic, and so I didn’t feel the need to test them out. For example, I already have a pretty good houm
Rianna
33/55 books read in 2020.

Like the rating says: it was ok.
I feel a bit disappointed because I have a couple of Jamie's books that I actually really enjoy (for example Jamie's 30-Minute Meals, Save with Jamie, and Jamie's 15 Minute Meals) and some of the dishes from those books have made it into the regular rotation of foods we eat, but this book just disappointed me.
The dishes we did try were bland and not spectacular enough to warrant the time and effort to make them. I have a couple more phot
Lisa Clift
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favourite cook book. I've been veggie for over 30 years, and didn't think there would be much new, but this book is great. The recipes are clear and straightforward, and work really well. The allotment garden pie is our new best family meal. So many recipes would please all the family, and I think they are easy to do. Recommended. ...more
Sheriff Melly
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
A load of recipes that are adequate, but not exciting. None of these recipes feel like vegetarian wins, they honestly feel like they're lacking, like someone has cooked for you their normal meal without meat. Less than inspiring. ...more
Larissa
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve tried a couple of recipes now which I really liked! They aren’t too challenging, but not too simple either, and they have some fun twists. I really hope this book makes people eat more vegetarian meals, since Jamie Oliver is such a go-to for people.
Daniëlle
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This book contains a lot of great recipes! As a vegetarian myself, this book is great to discover new vegetable combinations and variations. But this is also a great book to start with if you want to eat less meat.
Shelly
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I can’t believe I just read a cookbook. I expected to flag only a few of the actual recipes, but I ran out of flags after 25. Can’t wait to try them out!

Disclaimer: If the title/description/photo wasn’t appetizing to me, I didn’t actually read that one. Surprisingly, there weren’t many.

Noelle Brighton
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the information in this book - I got lucky and found it for a good deal! Not sure if cookbook style books "count" on books read on Goodreads, but I've been pleased finding these types of books are more than just cookbooks with photos and recipes. The authors have included stories and so much valuable and entertaining information as well! ...more
Oct 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
I didn’t find a single thing to try in this. But I’m SUPER picky, so take it with a grain of salt. :)
Laura Roberts
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: learn-something
We purchased the American version of this book and have been enjoying making the recipes from it. Oliver has a love of fresh mint that my family does not share, but there are lots of different recipes to make everyone happy. It is a great way to add more vegetables to your diet - either as the main dish or on the side. The recipes are easy to follow and I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys cooking and trying new things!
Adrienne
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous photos, mouthwatering dishes, for very ambitious home cooks. Recipes consist of many ingredients (too many for my liking), most of which are not pantry staples, so lots of shopping and lots of time cooking.
Alina
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally when I’m looking for a vegetarian meal I search Pinterest and try to find something there. While the recipes are easy, the meals often leave me feeling disappointed and flat. The recipes in Jamie Oliver’s Ultimate Veg cookbook make me excited to cook and feeling confident about getting in the kitchen. Everything is easy to understand and follow and are actually filling and delicious. I can’t wait to cook my way through the entire thing!
April
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookery
This is a book which I'll cook from for many years to come. Favourites...Allotment Cottage Pie and Burns night Stew ...more
Lee Broderick
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: food
I simply can't understand who this book is aimed at. Not me, obviously, but who?

I've only encountered one of Jamie Oliver's books in the past and have never watched any of his television shows. I'm always on the look out for a good veg cookbook though so, when I saw this on the 'best of 2019' list of a newspaper, I quickly sought to pick it up.

Why's it not for me? Because it's a recipe book rather than a cookbook. There's very little preamble, a lot of recipes and then some very basic nutritiona
Christine
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. I'm no vegan or vegetarian, I love steak too much, but I've had this preordered since March. Most of the recipes are pretty simple and offer suggestions on how to vary the veggies used depending on season etc. Beautiful photos to accompany each recipe along with an easy to read ingredient list. I've already tried the spinach quiche with soup and thoroughly enjoyed it. I even gave some to a meat eater who described it as delicious and didn't remark on the lack of meat in the dish. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• East: 120 Vegan and Vegetarian recipes from Bangalore to Beijing
  • BOSH!: The Cookbook: Simple Recipes. Amazing Food. All Plants.
  • Ottolenghi Flavor: A Cookbook
  • Plants-Only Kitchen: Over 70 Delicious, Super-Simple, Powerful and Protein-Packed Recipes for Busy People
  • Ottolenghi Simple: A Cookbook
  • BISH BASH BOSH!: Your Favourites. All Plants
  • Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
  • Falastin: A Cookbook
  • The Modern Cook’s Year: Over 250 vibrant vegetable recipes to see you through the seasons
  • From the Oven to the Table
  • Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
  • Dishoom: From Bombay with Love
  • The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners
  • Greenfeast: Autumn, Winter
  • Dirty Vegan
  • Dinner in French: My Recipes by Way of France: A Cookbook
  • River Cottage Veg Every Day!
  • The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100

James Trevor "Jamie" Oliver, sometimes known as The Naked Chef, is an English chef and media personality well known for his growing list of food-focused television shows, his more recent roles in campaigning against the use of processed foods in national schools, and his ca