Start by marking “Vegetables and Vengeance (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 17)” as Want to Read:
Vegetables and Vengeance (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 17)

Vegetables and Vengeance

(Peridale Cafe Mystery #17)

PRE-ORDER! Coming May 23rd 2019! The 17th book in the BESTSELLING Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Series!
*Kindle Unlimited and paperback will be available on release day!*

The villagers of Peridale are excited to uncover the secrets of the past when a time capsule dating back to 1959 is dug up, but things soon take a turn for the worst. The time capsule contains a skeleton, l
Published May 23rd 2019 by Pink Tree Publishing LTD

To ask other readers questions about Vegetables and Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegetables and Vengeance

Eden
2019 bk 191. Agatha Frost has scored again with her newest mystery. This time the mystery revolves around Julia and Barker's next door neighbors at the farm. When the farmer, Ted, is stabbed to death, his sons point the finger at their stepmother. When the DI Christie speaks with Julia, he admits that this one has him stumped. I havn't seen a family that hates each other as much as this one does, but all have alibis. All of this is taking place as Jessie is moving out on her own and learning tha ...more
Sherry Freeman
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This book is amazing. I liked how Julia and Jessie where the one of the focuses this time around. It was nicely tied in with the main story line of the lady getting married young and not feeling she had a choice in life as her dad wanted her to run the their farm and then Julia letting Jessie know that she did have choices and not to jump into anything and I like how she accepted that Jessie was older and mature enough to be on her own but she would still need as she is an adult. I also
Debbie
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well you always wonder whether an Author can keep their characters as fresh and interesting over a long series of books and I have to say that Agatha Frost just keeps on doing it. I started reading it about 10.30 last night and could not put it down until 2 this morning. I loved the way the consistent characters are moving forward and growing within the ways their lives have been woven. I liked the fact that the book started with Julia started of not wanting to get involved in the murder at firs ...more
christine  newton
What a crop??

5 stars would have given it more
Great storyline as always
New characters from Peridale, great for future books
Quite a lot going on in this book: Jessie growing up and moving out to new pastures, Julia and Barker taking part in a half marathon great fun
Dot on one of her crusades - this time to turn everything green, never lasts
I guessed who the murderer was in this book but not now they did it, the why yes I guessed
Loved every minute of it
Cannot wait for the next book
Absolute perfect
Deborah
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seriously serious and thought provoking

Vegetables and Vengeance took on the challenge of blended families and the real tensions between step parenting with step children, with a liberal amount of stress and violence. I learned life is not pleasant and fair to all involved. A very emotional book for me this time and what is weird to me is I hardly remember Dot's shenanegans . I will read again to capture all I missed while contemplating the Coleman family dynamics.
Angela Smith
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great visit to Peridale!

Good to catch up with the characters we already know and love but great to meet new ones who will no doubt become regulars in future visits. It is like going on holiday to your favourite place and catching up with all the goings on, I look forward to my next visit!
Nina Derr
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love reading about Julia and Barker and Jessie. This book was different from all the others in the fact that Julia wasn't there to witness the murder this time. I also love reading about Jessie and how she is progressing to becoming an independent young woman. This book seemed a little more on the serious side having the topic that it did.
Nathalie Dearman
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just Like the Characters, I was kept guessing all through the story. This author always managed to keep your interest, but this time, she's done the best one so far!

I have read all 18 of her books and can't wait for #19! This one has me shaking my head in dismay at how far off I was! It's filled with lots of excitement and we'll thought out characters! Enjoy it for yourself!
Dwayne Keller
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia tries to avoid the latest murder, but gets involved because one of the suspects needs help and is desperate. Julia looks into the murder and doesn't get far before another person is dead on the farm. It looks like an accident, or was it staged. Another great mystery in the Peridale series. Enjoy.
Faye Ockelford
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant series, always on the lookout for the next one.

Brilliant series, books are easy to read, enjoyable, funny with a village cosy crime mystery. Can’t wait for the next one 😀x
Pat
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Peridale winner ...
I can always see a vision of the Cotswold's where Peridale is set that place is more than beautiful.
Julia and Jesse and Barker keeping fit or trying to !
Julia gives Jesse advice which Jesse listens to and acts on advice..
Beautiful people that are written so well that you don't want to miss a book...
Hannah Holland
Another brilliant storyline

Plough how I wish she was pregnant in disobeying hopefully the next one and not only does she solve the murders always but she brings a broken family back together and there nothing better than that x
Lesley Hewitt
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Murder mysteries set in Peridale. You get drawn into the village life as you read these books. The main characters are very likeable and fun. I highly recommend these books.
Gillian
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Review

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the previous books in the series, but this one I really did not. Denise just got on my last nerve. Although I have highly recommended all of the previous books in the series and have given them 5 stars, this one I could not.
Virginia Bast
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good

Great story . Julia really helped the Coleman family. Maybe Denise and Oscar will do fine. Poor Robert s help was too late. Jessie is in her apartment. Hopefully in a future book Julia and Barker will be parents. Love these characters. Thank you.
Janice
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Fun read. Another immensely enjoyable cozy mystery in this series Agatha Frost never disappoints. Doty is protesting, Jessie is growing up. And another murder finds the way to our sleuth. If you like this series, you will enjoy this very much.
nick pounder
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!

Read it in one go with a couple of cups of peppermint and liquorice tea. It didn't disappoint. Loved revisiting the characters who feel like old friends now and can't wait for the next installment in the summer.
Pamela J. Johnson
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peridale is a wonder village in England

I have loved all of the Peridale cafe mysteries. I recommend all 17 of them. Julia, Barker and Jessie are the main characters. So fun trying to figure out who done it.
Tina Patterson
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dear Agatha
I have enjoyed immensely every book of yours I have read. I hope you will continue writing more books of this genre. My favorites are The Teridal Cafe books. Please keep writing.

Sincerely
Tina Patterson
Irene_D
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all 18 books and can't wait for #19. Extremely ENJOYABLE.
Susan
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
loved the mystery, never figured out who until it was revealed, looking forward to the next one...
Cynthia Samonte
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally satisfying, plot moves along well with several story lines artfully woven into the telling. I look forward to my next escape to Peridale when #18 becomes available this summer.
MRS R
Good read

As usual with the books in this series couldn't put it down keeps you guessing who the murderer is and I got it right at the end
Elizabeth Kulink
Mrs JA Sheehan
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

As per usual an excellent read. I just love the Peridale books. The characters are really good. Love them all
robert a koch
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoy this series ! Eva just can't keep out of things ! Was a surprise ending !!
Maureen
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

Love this series. The characters have changed a grown throughout This installment brings new characters and a new mystery to challenge Julia.
Kristen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks-borrowed, 2019
I didn't much care for this one.
Jessica Florio
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vegetables and Vengeance

This was an exciting book and I couldn’t put it down. This is a really great series with exciting plots and characters.
Laurie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is yet another good one in the series. Dot is always my favorite.
Agatha Frost is a lover of all things cozy. She is a crime fiction fanatic and enjoys nothing more than sinking her teeth into a good murder, with a cup of tea and a cat curled up on her knee.

She lives in a quaint village in a sleepy corner of England, which provides more than ample inspiration for her Peridale Cafe Mystery series.

Sign up to the newsletter at www.agathafrost.com

Peridale Cafe Mystery (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Pancakes and Corpses (Peridale Cafe Mystery #1)
  • Lemonade and Lies (Peridale Cafe Mystery #2)
  • Doughnuts and Deception (Peridale Cafe Mystery #3)
  • Chocolate Cake and Chaos (Peridale Cafe Mystery #4)
  • Shortbread and Sorrow (Peridale Cafe Mystery #5)
  • Espresso and Evil (Peridale Cafe Mystery #6)
  • Macarons and Mayhem (Peridale Cafe Mystery #7)
  • Fruit Cake and Fear (Peridale Cafe Mystery #8)
  • Birthday Cake and Bodies (Peridale Cafe Mystery #9)
  • Gingerbread and Ghosts (Peridale Cafe Mystery #10)