Start by marking “Helix” as Want to Read:
Helix

Helix

(International Sensory Assassin Network #2)

Alliances are forming. The resistance is growing. Everything is about to change.

With her memory still fragmented, Ava returns to the International Sensory Assassin Network (ISAN) to find the twin sister she never knew she had.

But as Ava hunts for information, she finds herself tangled in a web of yet more lies and conspiracy. The Helix serum may not be required to access

Published September 10th 2019 by Vesuvian Books

To ask other readers questions about Helix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Helix

Shelley
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Xpresso Tours
*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Helix, by author Mary Ting, is the second installment in the authors International Sensory Assassin Network series. ISAN introduced readers to a world that was destroyed by meteors. 50 years of radiation and turmoil followed. The former US is now run by a so-called Remnant Council broken up into 4 regions. Scientists discovered a unique compound from the meteors that advanced technology 100x what they would have had before
Gracie Bustillos
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apollycon
I loved this book. I didn't want to put it down. I also didn't want to finish it because I knew I'd have to wait for the next book. This book is a must read.
Excellent writing Mary. I'm ready for the next book.
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Helix was an action packed ride that had me on the edge of my seat. The story was rich and intricate, the characters had my emotions pulled every which way and I loved how the stakes were even higher! This book was just as addicting as the first, and I loved being back in this world. If you love dystopian and books that play out like a movie, then you have to pick up this series!
I wasn’t just a daughter whose father had experimented on her. I was the very thing ISAN should fear.

✮ A Different T
Cheree Castellanos Edits
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a book! I'm dying! The more I get, the more I want, no NEED! Filled to the brim with everything you want in a story, love, action, suspense, danger, sadness, the need for the characters to listen to your screaming! So much goodness!
Cindy Fong
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, The next installment is electrifying and adrenaline inducing. As Ava searches for her twin, more drama and information unfolds. Revelations are mind-blowing, new characters and locales are introduced and we get to watch Ava and Rhett get closer to each other.

This was a fast paced read as I was immersed in the world that Mary Ting conjured. I cannot wait to see what new adventures we readers will be brought into going forward. Bravo!
Gloria Bustillos
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Total awesomeness Mary. This book had me on edge of my seat with plenty of action and suspense. I hated when it ended, I need the next book. It was definitely a great read.
Tonja Drecker
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those reads, which hits in high gear and doesn't let go until the last page...and not even then.

I did read the first book in this series and highly recommend reading it as a series, since each book starts where the last left off.

While book one set the stage, this book takes intrigue and danger head on. There's so many secrets, and with every answer which comes, even more questions come to light. Every scene and moment left me wondering what was about to happen next. In other words
Movies, Shows,
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Wow! Wow! Wow! Just wow! Helix, sequel to ISAN, is an action-packed and fast-paced dystopian/sci-fi romance that is filled with twists and turns! Where ISAN introduced readers to this world and its characters, Helix takes it even further as secrets and truths are revealed. Mary Ting has blown me away with this new series! The multi-layered personalities of her characters drives the story forward unleashing an intriguing and emotional tale of espionage and dr
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
What a fantastic read this was!!!

The characters were phenomenal!! Ava is still one awesome character!! And I just couldn't get enough of Ava and Rhett.

The story-line was incredible!! I had a hard time putting this book down. So much action and suspense kept me reading from beginning to end. I highly recommend this read!!
Tina
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg Mary Ting I didn't think you could beat the action from ISAN, but boy was I wrong. I loved reading how Ava began to remember bits and pieces of the past she once had and to see her strength continue to drive her forward to find the answers she seeks and to ultimately do something to stop the evil that is ISAN. I didn't want the book to end. I am going crazy trying to figure out how Ava will help bring to light the secrets that ISAN has been hiding and bring down the organization that has rui ...more
Dani Hart
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling follow-up to ISAN, Helix answers so many questions while adding more to be revealed in the next installment, keeping you yearning for more. This book does not disappoint, filled with as much adventure, danger, heartbreaking truths, and complicated love as the first book.

Mary has taken all the elements of a great story and woven them into an exciting series that I can’t wait to continue!
Jeannette dods
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apollycon
Wow, what an awesome thrill ride! I had moments of "Awww" and "NOOO!" I could place myself with the characters while they plotted and discovered secrets that led to more secrets. I love this fascinating world you have created Mary! You have done an amazing job.
Amber
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Helix is the second book in a fantastic new series by the brilliant Mary Ting. This book allows you to dive deeper into this incredible story and savor the amazing characters and the breathtaking plot that much more. I have been waiting for this book for so long that I devoured every word and reveled in each emotion it evoked. What a stunning masterpiece that has me absolutely dying for more! This beautifully intricate plot will latch onto your heart and refuse to let you go while its characters ...more
Tien
This review is in relation to book 2 in the series so while I will steer away from spoilers for this book, there would be spoiler of book 1 (unavoidable if I want to be coherent in this review, sorry!)

I have been aware of this author, Mary Ting, for a while but haven't really been compelled to pick up her books until now. I guess I was just in the right mood for a dystopian novel with a kick ass heroine or two or maybe hundreds. I expected lots of subterfuge, action, and a bit of romance to spic
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Ava is back with her ISAN team and still looking for her sister. ISAN has the answers she needs to find her sister and she will not give up until she finds her. There is one thing ISAN doesn’t know though and that is that Ava is still working for the Resistance. Will she find her sister at ISAN or will she only find more questions and secrets?

Meanwhile back at the Resistance camp Rhett misses Ava something fierce and makes his self a promise, he will get Ava back or die trying. Rhett loves Ava
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Mega Hit Stars

I received this book for my honest review.

Have you ever wanted to just take off to another place entirely where it didn't matter what you did or how you did it as long as you took yourself to an entirely different plateau? This author brings you that and more with the author's imagination and a bunch of characters that go around as they want in her head making this a hit. This is the second book in this series and if you thought the first was a hit this one will have your head sp
Ashley Dawn
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you how excited I was for this book. The first book was amazing but ended with lots of questions (so you should absolutely read it first). Ava is still strong and determined. She is back with her ISAN team but she has a secret mission that none of them know about. I love her interaction with her team, they are close and she is determined to protect them. She is always thinking of others over herself and I admire that.

Where the first book set up the action, Helix sped up the momentu
Jasmine
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Helix is the second book in the International Sensory Assassin Network series, and if you haven't read book one, ISAN, you'll want to do that so everything in book two makes more sense.

I don't even know if I have words for Helix. It's definitely a crazy book.

There's a lot more action, a lot more violence, and some interesting secrets are brought into the light.

Ava is still determined to track down her father and her twin sister, but ISAN is on to her and will do anything to keep her from discove
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary Ting- You do it again!! Geez, this series just keeps getting better and better. I enjoyed ISAN, but getting even more details and experiences from BOTH Ava and Rhett- I am a huge fan of the dual POV and getting motives behind stuff- was freaking everything!

This book was action freaking packed with so much going on, but not too much where you are not able to take a second and breathe. It is so freaking crazy how many questions can be answered but then a gazillion more are added in! This seri
Lelia Taylor
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
Sometimes, a second book in a series lacks the excitement and energy of the first book but that is certainly not the case with Helix. If anything, it's a lot more frenetic, and all the action and intensity kind of wore me out although in a good way for the most part.

interestingly, we get the POV of Rhett this time as well as Ava's and that made it easier for me to buy into the relationship between these two. So often in young adult stories I think the hormones get out of control to a laughable l
Tess Burnside
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get ready for the ride of your life! This is, without a doubt, Mary Ting's best work yet. The second book literally drops you where you left off with the first novel, ISAN; it drops you right into the action. So many plot twists, which I am a sucker for. I am wanting more now, and I hope the third book comes out soon, because I just can't wait to see how the story progresses. Ava and Rhett. Two people caught up in against seemingly insurmountable odds. But Rhett will stop at nothing to have Ava ...more
Amber Goodwin
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book!!!! I definitely was not disappointed!

This book is not a normal genre for me but when I read the first I could not wait to find out more of Rhett and Ava. This book picks up where the last ends. Ava has to go back in and figure out what is the truth and what she believes. Rhett is going back to life with Ava gone again. Will these two be able to take down ISAN together?

This was a great story and I need more asap!!!!!
Jennifer Treviño
So intense!
Awaiting this release was nail biting, but worth it! I couldn’t put it down. Ava’s journey becomes addictively exciting & dangerous. So many questions, so many things that could go wrong! Who to trust...or not? It’s a slippery slope searching for answers some wish not to be found. Need more ASAP!
Heather
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I love this series. Its Mary's best one so far! I hate the huge cliffhangers though lol Mary you MUST write faster. It is a must read for anyone who loved ISAN as much as I did. There are so many twists and turns. Keeps you hooked. Ava and Rhett are such a cute couple. I cant wait to see where their story ends up. Mary you have really outdone yourself with this series!!!!
Evelyn Sword
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done Mary Ting, Once again no disappointment here. i am sitting on the edge of my seat gripping it hard surprised at the turn of events in this book. Its exciting, plenty of action, drama and love. This series pulls you in with every page turned, the suspense leaves you dying to know what will happen next. Can't wait for the next book!
Dorothy Dreyer
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to see this series on screen. Ting has created a fascinating world and intriguing characters that a reader can really get behind. Action, drama, mystery, and some sizzling romance all come together in this book you're not going to want to put down.
Candy Smith
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing second book to a riveting series! Suspense, twists and turns, lies uncovered make for a worthwhile adventure of a story! I can't get enough of this world Mary Ting has created! Ava is still my favorite female character!
Karen Hrdlicka
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full Review to come
Susan
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story! Loved this book more then the 1st. Can't wait for the next one. Mary, you are an amazing writer! Thank you for being so creative.
Wanda Lent
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Helix is the second book in the Isan series. The story continues with Ava trying to get her friends out of Isan.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryTing
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authormaryt...
Blog: http://TangledTalesOfTing.com/Blog
Twitter @MaryTing https://twitter.com/MaryTing

Mary Ting resides in Southern California with her husband and two children. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Writing her first novel, Crossroads Saga, happened by chance. It was a way to grieve the death

International Sensory Assassin Network (2 books)
  • ISAN