Start by marking “Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar” as Want to Read:
Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar

My name is Clover Calloway and I’ve lived two separate lives.

The first, I like to call “my past.” I never talk about it. I try not to think about it. My rockstar days of playing in one of the hottest bands on the planet are over. Along with the most volatile, beautiful, tragic love story of all time.

Over the past five years, I’ve settled into my second life. My “normal l
Kindle Edition
Published June 25th 2019 by Reckless Siren Publishing

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Never fall In Love With A Rockstar took us on the ups and downs and gave us a tumultuous look of sacrifices and heartbreak. How do you let someone go when your heart beats for them constantly? How do you move on knowing that it could possibly break them even more? You do it because the outcome would be far more catastrophic if you don’t.

It’s been five years since Clover walked away from the love of her life. Leaving was hard but staying at that point would have destroyed her and that was somet
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar
Series: Standalone
Author: Rachel Higginson
Release date: June 25, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: rockstar romance

Thanks to my bestie, Astrid for urging me to try a Rachel Higginson book!! Without a doubt I will be checking out more of her backlist in the future. I have to say, I've read A LOT of rockstar romances. So many in fact, that it's pretty hard to find something to stand apart from the rest at this point. Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar pulled it of
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ⭐'s

I'm a sucker for a good rock star romance and this was a good one.

Clover grew up with Malachi (aka Kai) and the rest of the band including her brother. They were a tight knit group always watching over each other. As they got more successful, Kai succumbed to the more partying ways and became an addict. The effects of that overtook Clover's life and she couldn't take it anymore.

Five years later and a new boyfriend, she's forced to come to terms with that separation. Luckily, Kai's life
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: June 25, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

I'm always excited to read a Rachel Higginson novel! Her words are like poetry to my ears! I say this because she has the ability to turn a commonly used trope into something magical- every single time. Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar was an unexpected read for me. I knew going into it that there would be a story about a musician, I just didn't realize how clever it would be. This book deals with heavy and reali
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, shelly
Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is one of those books that will stick with you for a long time. It’s so much more than a rockstar book. So much more than a second chance romance.

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is about finding yourself. About figuring out who you are, away from family and friends. Finding your inner peace.

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is about forgiveness. Forgiving yourself for past mistakes. Forgiving yourself for decisions made. Forgiving yourself for loving your
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

‘It had taken us a long time, a lifetime to fall in love. And nearly as long to fall out of it.’

If you love a slow burn, a second chance love story, a tortured hero, a story of love and redemption with a rock star theme, Never Fall in Love with a Rock star is the book for you. Rock star themes are our kryptonite and who doesn’t dream of falling in love with a rock star, though it does come with its pitfalls as Clover Calloway discovered the hard way.

“Because I can’t live without you. I just can
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Five years ago Clover had it all. Kind of. She was in a successful band, touring the world and living the celebrity lifestyle. She was in love with the lead a singer Kai a man she met when they were teenagers and had loved ever since then. He loved her back just as hard but unfortunately it was a love that would not survive the choices that Kai made. Clover left and never looked back.

Clover now lives a safe, quiet life. She has a few part time jobs, even one playing the piano to satisfy her musi
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this sweet, slow-burn romance featuring real, down-to-earth characters. Rachel Higginson's stories always contain romance and a happy ending and 'Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar' is no different!

Clover has traded in life on the road as the member of a popular rock band for a life of relative anonymity in the Midwest. She is seemingly content if not a little restless but has an amazing relationship with a wonderful boyfriend and a quiet, steady, "normal" life.

"This was jus
Libby Harrison
Heroine has a boyfriend who she has been with for 6 months throughout the ENTIRE story

Can't believe the heroine tried to justify her cheating with the Hero because she wasn't 'in love' with her boyfriend

So what is the message that the author is sending here???

That its ok to cheat as long as you are not 'in love' with your partner

What a load of bull

Also...the heroine is an enabler

#justice4adam
Amy
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“When the two of us were together, we were all that existed in the world.”

“This song was going to end us the same way we did five years ago—one gloriously intense bright tragedy.”

“I wanted normal. Simple. A love so deep I could feel it with every breath. A love so long and endless and consuming there were not words accurate enough to describe it. A love that would heal me. Hold me. Help me.”

“Kai Porter was the devil that had come back into my life, asking me to hand over my soul so he
Anne OK
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I seem to run hot or cold for this author. I loved her "Trailer Park Heart". Because I'm such a fan of rock star romances and the cover really caught my eye, I was anxious to get started reading. But I found my expectations were a little high and where it wasn't a bad book, it just wasn't exceptional either. There was a lot of chugging along with no excitement -- and frankly I was bored through a good portion. I couldn't find it in me to connect with either the rock star or his Wildflower. I was ...more
Anne Z.
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a weakness for Rock Star Romances...
So needless to say, there was a good chance I was going to love this from the gecko.
And love it I did!!!

I absolutely adore Rachel Higginson. She writes amazing stories and Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar was no different!

I really felt for Clover. Nothing had prepared her to face her past the way she did, and what a painful past that was... we always talk about the people with an addiction and not often about the ones that suffer because of them and w
Kelly (Wild and Wonderful Reads)
Full review at wildandwonderfulreads.com

Actual Rating:  4.5 stars

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar was so much more than I expected or ever could have hoped!

I know, hands down, that I can pick up a Rachel Higginson book and will love it.  I really enjoy her writing style, her stories always suck me in, and I connect with her characters more than any other author I regularly read.  She did not disappoint with her latest release!

Yes, Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is a rockstar romance, but i
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Clover Calloway was once a superstar with one of the hottest bands along her brother and her ex-boyfriend Malachi. But all that was in the past. Now Clover lives a quiet life playing piano part-time for Macy’s. She has a boyfriend and a close circle of friends that does not know about who she really is. Clover thought she left the volatile rock star life behind for good until one day Clover’s boyfriend surprised her with a concert ticket to see one of his favorite band … What the poor guy did no ...more
Three Chicks
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I loved this book!! A second chance romance is always one of my favorites to read. There were ups and downs, my emptions all over the place. It felt like my heart was in my throat the entire time, finally able to let out the breath that I had been holding from the moment I started reading. From the very first page Clover sucked me into her life and I did not want to let go.

Clover walked away from the love of her life five years ago. And in a way I think she also left
NinaReader
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've missed reading a rockstar romance. It's been a while so I was excited to read this.

I enjoyed Clover and Malachi's story. They've known each other since they were kids, before they were famous rock band members, and before everything went very badly and got torn apart.

The story starts 5 years after she left her band, her life as a band member, and the love of her life. She was content to work "normal" jobs and her normal life with her new normal boyfriend. Until that boyfriend surprises he
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
4.5 stars!

Second chance romances are my favorite books ever and this one did not disappoint. I was sucked in from the first chapter and didn’t want to put it down. I loved that this book came after the angsty, messy part of the initial downfall of relationship and just gave us enough to know what happened. The author did an amazing job writing about tough situations. I am greedy and want to know more about their happily ever after. I feel like I didn’t get enough of them finally together!
Mel
4.5 stars!!

Once upon a time Clover was the keyboard player for the popular band, Bright Tragedy. She thought she had it all until everything went up in smoke. Her HEA was ripped from her hands and she left the limelight to pursue a quieter life. Leaving it all behind five years ago, she is finally adjusting to her new normal and trying to be happy. The past still haunts her though, and she has no idea that she’s about to come face to face with it once again.

Rachel Higginson took a frequently use
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
description

“Because I can’t live without you. I just can
Aaly
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Review to come!

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

This whirlwind roller coaster got me. My heart is still beating like a drum, to the rhythm of Clover and Malachi’s story. It looked like a tragic song, talking about things that crushed their souls, abusive and destructive, the kind of one that ended badly. And damn if that book didn’t get me emotional. Be ready for a long review…

The « normal » life Clover was living in turned upside down the moment Malachi
Shelley
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
When I found out that Rachel Higginson was going to be writing a rockstar romance, I knew that this was bound to be a winning combination. One of my all-time favorite novels falls within this sub-genre, so I’m a bit fussy when it comes to these novels, but being a fan of this author’s writing, I was more than a little excited to see how she was going to weave her own magic with it.

If you’re in the mood for a story that will take you on a smooth journey to the coveted HEA, this may not be the boo
Luv
This book was a miss for me. I normally like Rachel Higginson's writing. The first 50% of this book is churn. One lead character acts the same way over and over while the second character responds the same way repeatedly. It fills pages but does nothing to advance the plot or help with character development. There were multiple times I put the book down and walked away. This is rare for this author's work. The second half of the book improved but the writing felt stilted. Too overly dramatic and ...more
Lenore Kosinski
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars -- Real review will be written at some point when I reread it, but here's a short one:

Unique, heartwrenching, filled with beautiful lyrics that truly got to me. A showstopper as always. And a set of band members whose camaraderie truly makes me envious (and has me laughing).
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock-stars
“Because I can’t live without you. I just can’t. And more than that,” he smiled, and it shook me to my core, “I don’t want to.”

I don’t know what it is about a Rachel Higginson novel, but they always leave me feeling giddy and in love. Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar actually had me feeling very anxious and sad for a good bunch of the book. Here we have Clover and Kai, two people who’ve loved each other their entire lives, but circumstances got in the way. They were lost from each other for fi
Natalie M
Beautiful story and characters. This was my first time reading this author so I went in not knowing what to expect. But it’s a story centered on a rockstar so I was all in! I was not disappointed... the pace was good and I was sucked into Clover and Kai’s world. The romance aspect was a bit slower than I’m used to for a rocker story but in the end it was highly enjoyable!!
Julie
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Clover Calloway knows a thing or two about reinventing your life. With the pain of a broken heart fueling her desire for a change, Clover relishes in the ordinary things in her new life. Five years have passed, and yet those memories that haunt Clover feel like a lifetime ago. Now that Clover has settled into her ordinary life, she finds herself a bit bored by the change.

Nothing would have prepared Clover to face the world that she left behind. However her new boyfriend – Adam – decided to surp
Melinda
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar by Rachel Higginson

Clover and Kai had known each other forever: grown up together, built their band up together, were best friends and then more. When Clover walked away from Kai and the band, she never expected to see them again, least of all with her new boyfriend surprising her with tickets to their show. Now Kai wants Clover back in the band and his life and won’t take no for an answer.

The story itself was good - I liked that the author addressed real iss
Christina Rodriguez
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoy the storylines and enjoy the romance in every Rachel Higginson book. They are always filled with real-life situations and happy endings, which is something I look for in books. So don't let what I'm about to say deter you from grabbing this book.

Clover and Micah's story was just as heartbreaking as it was wonderful. Both characters had a lot of shitty things happen to them and both overcame their demons. I enjoyed the storyline immensely. Clover was a great heroine and she made the righ
Karen
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A pretty intense story of a rockstar and his ex- girlfriend, a former band member. His addiction was what caused her to leave the band. She felt her new life as normal as she had normal jobs and normal boyfriend.
As readers we don't immediately feel she should drop the normal not does fate allow that to happen easily.
It's addiction and recovery and staying sober PLUS they need to write new songs for an album that comes due

It's well written but not real heavy. I appreciate the realistic care of
Marcy
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an incredible love story! It had so many amazing elements. I loved Kai and Clover’s young love, and even their downfall. It had all the tragedy of a rock romance gone bad. Clover living in Kansas City made me smile throughout the story, because I live in northwest Missouri. I loved recognizing the different places she went. The best thing about this book was Kai and Clover’s connection. It was so strong, despite the separation after she left the band. I really enjoyed the way they worked to ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rachel Higginson is the best-selling author of The Five Stages of Falling in Love, Every Wrong Reason, Bet on Us and The Star-Crossed Series.

She was born and raised in Nebraska, and spent her college years traveling the world. She fell in love with Eastern Europe, Paris, Indian Food and the beautiful beaches of Sri Lanka, but came back home to marry her high school sweetheart. Now she spends her d