Start by marking “Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar” as Want to Read:
Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar

My name is Clover Calloway and I’ve lived two separate lives.

The first, I like to call “my past.” I never talk about it. I try not to think about it. My rockstar days of playing in one of the hottest bands on the planet are over. Along with the most volatile, beautiful, tragic love story of all time.

Over the past five years, I’ve settled into my second life. My “normal
Kindle Edition
Published June 25th 2019 by Reckless Siren Publishing

Start your review of Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Never fall In Love With A Rockstar took us on the ups and downs and gave us a tumultuous look of sacrifices and heartbreak. How do you let someone go when your heart beats for them constantly? How do you move on knowing that it could possibly break them even more? You do it because the outcome would be far more catastrophic if you don’t.

It’s been five years since Clover walked away from the love of her life. Leaving was hard but staying at that point would have destroyed her and that was so
Susan's Reviews
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, this is not your typical contemporary romance novel involving hot rock stars and groupies. I would classify this simply as contemporary fiction, although Rachel Higginson is known for writing mainly romance novels. This was not your trope-filled standardized, panties on fire sexual romp: far from it!

Note: I don't like the title "chick lit", just as I wouldn't like the title "guy's lit", either. No one should ever denigrate your reading genre choices by attaching cutesy labels to them. The f
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar
Series: Standalone
Author: Rachel Higginson
Release date: June 25, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: rockstar romance

Thanks to my bestie, Astrid for urging me to try a Rachel Higginson book!! Without a doubt I will be checking out more of her backlist in the future. I have to say, I've read A LOT of rockstar romances. So many in fact, that it's pretty hard to find something to stand apart from the rest at this point. Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar pulled it of
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ⭐'s

I'm a sucker for a good rock star romance and this was a good one.

Clover grew up with Malachi (aka Kai) and the rest of the band including her brother. They were a tight knit group always watching over each other. As they got more successful, Kai succumbed to the more partying ways and became an addict. The effects of that overtook Clover's life and she couldn't take it anymore.

Five years later and a new boyfriend, she's forced to come to terms with that separation. Luckily, Kai's life
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: June 25, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

I'm always excited to read a Rachel Higginson novel! Her words are like poetry to my ears! I say this because she has the ability to turn a commonly used trope into something magical- every single time. Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar was an unexpected read for me. I knew going into it that there would be a story about a musician, I just didn't realize how clever it would be. This book deals with heavy and reali
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy
Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is one of those books that will stick with you for a long time. It’s so much more than a rockstar book. So much more than a second chance romance.

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is about finding yourself. About figuring out who you are, away from family and friends. Finding your inner peace.

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is about forgiveness. Forgiving yourself for past mistakes. Forgiving yourself for decisions made. Forgiving yourself for loving your
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

‘It had taken us a long time, a lifetime to fall in love. And nearly as long to fall out of it.’

If you love a slow burn, a second chance love story, a tortured hero, a story of love and redemption with a rock star theme, Never Fall in Love with a Rock star is the book for you. Rock star themes are our kryptonite and who doesn’t dream of falling in love with a rock star, though it does come with its pitfalls as Clover Calloway discovered the hard way.

“Because I can’t live without you. I just c
Libby Harrison
Heroine has a boyfriend who she has been with for 6 months throughout the ENTIRE story

Can't believe the heroine tried to justify her cheating with the Hero because she wasn't 'in love' with her boyfriend

So what is the message that the author is sending here???

That its ok to cheat as long as you are not 'in love' with your partner

What a load of bull

Also...the heroine is an enabler

#justice4adam
Anne OK
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I seem to run hot or cold for this author. I loved her "Trailer Park Heart". Because I'm such a fan of rock star romances and the cover really caught my eye, I was anxious to get started reading. But I found my expectations were a little high and where it wasn't a bad book, it just wasn't exceptional either. There was a lot of chugging along with no excitement -- and frankly I was bored through a good portion. I couldn't find it in me to connect with either the rock star or his Wildflower. I was ...more
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Five years ago Clover had it all. Kind of. She was in a successful band, touring the world and living the celebrity lifestyle. She was in love with the lead a singer Kai a man she met when they were teenagers and had loved ever since then. He loved her back just as hard but unfortunately it was a love that would not survive the choices that Kai made. Clover left and never looked back.

Clover now lives a safe, quiet life. She has a few part time jobs, even one playing the piano to satisfy her musi
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this sweet, slow-burn romance featuring real, down-to-earth characters. Rachel Higginson's stories always contain romance and a happy ending and 'Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar' is no different!

Clover has traded in life on the road as the member of a popular rock band for a life of relative anonymity in the Midwest. She is seemingly content if not a little restless but has an amazing relationship with a wonderful boyfriend and a quiet, steady, "normal" life.

"This was j
Amy
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“When the two of us were together, we were all that existed in the world.”

“This song was going to end us the same way we did five years ago—one gloriously intense bright tragedy.”

“I wanted normal. Simple. A love so deep I could feel it with every breath. A love so long and endless and consuming there were not words accurate enough to describe it. A love that would heal me. Hold me. Help me.”

“Kai Porter was the devil that had come back into my life, asking me to hand over my soul so he
Anne Z.
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a weakness for Rock Star Romances...
So needless to say, there was a good chance I was going to love this from the gecko.
And love it I did!!!

I absolutely adore Rachel Higginson. She writes amazing stories and Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar was no different!

I really felt for Clover. Nothing had prepared her to face her past the way she did, and what a painful past that was... we always talk about the people with an addiction and not often about the ones that suffer because of them and w
Kelly (Wild and Wonderful Reads)
Full review at wildandwonderfulreads.com

Actual Rating:  4.5 stars

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar was so much more than I expected or ever could have hoped!

I know, hands down, that I can pick up a Rachel Higginson book and will love it.  I really enjoy her writing style, her stories always suck me in, and I connect with her characters more than any other author I regularly read.  She did not disappoint with her latest release!

Yes, Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar is a rockstar romance, but i
NinaReader
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've missed reading a rockstar romance. It's been a while so I was excited to read this.

I enjoyed Clover and Malachi's story. They've known each other since they were kids, before they were famous rock band members, and before everything went very badly and got torn apart.

The story starts 5 years after she left her band, her life as a band member, and the love of her life. She was content to work "normal" jobs and her normal life with her new normal boyfriend. Until that boyfriend surprises he
Michele
4 1/2 Rockin' Stars!

Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar was another top notch story by Rachel Higginson. I was quickly drawn into the world of Clover and Malachi. Clover left Malachi and their band five years ago. When she left, everyone thought she was abandoning them but it was actually a form of self-preservation. She knew that it would "kill her" to stay and watch Malachi slowly destroying himself with drugs and alcohol. So, she did the hardest thing she's ever done and left.

Now, she has bee
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Clover Calloway was once a superstar with one of the hottest bands along her brother and her ex-boyfriend Malachi. But all that was in the past. Now Clover lives a quiet life playing piano part-time for Macy’s. She has a boyfriend and a close circle of friends that does not know about who she really is. Clover thought she left the volatile rock star life behind for good until one day Clover’s boyfriend surprised her with a concert ticket to see one of his favorite band … What the poor guy did no ...more
Three Chicks
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I loved this book!! A second chance romance is always one of my favorites to read. There were ups and downs, my emptions all over the place. It felt like my heart was in my throat the entire time, finally able to let out the breath that I had been holding from the moment I started reading. From the very first page Clover sucked me into her life and I did not want to let go.

Clover walked away from the love of her life five years ago. And in a way I think she also left
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
4.5 stars!

Second chance romances are my favorite books ever and this one did not disappoint. I was sucked in from the first chapter and didn’t want to put it down. I loved that this book came after the angsty, messy part of the initial downfall of relationship and just gave us enough to know what happened. The author did an amazing job writing about tough situations. I am greedy and want to know more about their happily ever after. I feel like I didn’t get enough of them finally together!
Luv
This book was a miss for me. I normally like Rachel Higginson's writing. The first 50% of this book is churn. One lead character acts the same way over and over while the second character responds the same way repeatedly. It fills pages but does nothing to advance the plot or help with character development. There were multiple times I put the book down and walked away. This is rare for this author's work. The second half of the book improved but the writing felt stilted. Too overly dramatic and ...more
Mel
4.5 stars!!

Once upon a time Clover was the keyboard player for the popular band, Bright Tragedy. She thought she had it all until everything went up in smoke. Her HEA was ripped from her hands and she left the limelight to pursue a quieter life. Leaving it all behind five years ago, she is finally adjusting to her new normal and trying to be happy. The past still haunts her though, and she has no idea that she’s about to come face to face with it once again.

Rachel Higginson took a frequently u
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog

Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Review to come!

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

This whirlwind roller coaster got me. My heart is still beating like a drum, to the rhythm of Clover and Malachi’s story. It looked like a tragic song, talking about things that crushed their souls, abusive and destructive, the kind of one that ended badly. And damn if that book didn’t get me emotional. Be ready for a long review…

The « normal » life Clover was living in turned upside down the moment
Shelley
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
When I found out that Rachel Higginson was going to be writing a rockstar romance, I knew that this was bound to be a winning combination. One of my all-time favorite novels falls within this sub-genre, so I’m a bit fussy when it comes to these novels, but being a fan of this author’s writing, I was more than a little excited to see how she was going to weave her own magic with it.

If you’re in the mood for a story that will take you on a smooth journey to the coveted HEA, this may not be the boo
SheSaidYestoBooks
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was ok

The heroine was in a exclusive relationship with someone else for 90% of the book... nothing exciting really happened there. You basically have 4 hours of audiobook with Clover’s inner monologues about her days as a rockstar and dating the lead singer in the band and her days now as a photographer and dating a regular guy... only at the very end (not kidding!) she figures things out... 🙄 so not for me!
Lenore Kosinski
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars -- Real review will be written at some point when I reread it, but here's a short one:

Unique, heartwrenching, filled with beautiful lyrics that truly got to me. A showstopper as always. And a set of band members whose camaraderie truly makes me envious (and has me laughing).
Haley
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yet another reason to never judge a book by its cover (or title). This book wasn't like other "rockstar romances". In fact, there weren't any descriptive sex scenes. This book was a story about addiction, hitting rock bottom, moving on, and finding yourself. I thought it was a beautiful story of two people finding their way back to each other. This was character-driven, and it was a really good read. I recommend this to anyone searching for a good love story set in a music setting.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock-stars
“Because I can’t live without you. I just can’t. And more than that,” he smiled, and it shook me to my core, “I don’t want to.”

I don’t know what it is about a Rachel Higginson novel, but they always leave me feeling giddy and in love. Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar actually had me feeling very anxious and sad for a good bunch of the book. Here we have Clover and Kai, two people who’ve loved each other their entire lives, but circumstances got in the way. They were lost from each other for fi
Natalie M
Beautiful story and characters. This was my first time reading this author so I went in not knowing what to expect. But it’s a story centered on a rockstar so I was all in! I was not disappointed... the pace was good and I was sucked into Clover and Kai’s world. The romance aspect was a bit slower than I’m used to for a rocker story but in the end it was highly enjoyable!!
Kathy Aronoff
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Lies
  • Just Love
  • The Best Thing
  • Moti on the Water
  • All Grown Up
  • Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
  • The Day He Came Back
  • Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)
  • Jersey Six
  • Outmatched
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • The Player Next Door
  • Hands Down
  • Drummer Girl
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Teardrop Shot
Rachel Higginson is the best-selling author of The Five Stages of Falling in Love, Every Wrong Reason, Bet on Us and The Star-Crossed Series.

She was born and raised in Nebraska, and spent her college years traveling the world. She fell in love with Eastern Europe, Paris, Indian Food and the beautiful beaches of Sri Lanka, but came back home to marry her high school sweetheart. Now she spends her d