Start by marking “Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders” as Want to Read:
Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders

Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders

Discover ten spicy stories about brave first responder men and women from some of your favorite romance authors. All proceeds go to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation.

Romance on the Rig by Kara Liane: Finding love on and off the ambulance proves difficult for Air Force veteran Murf—until he meets Lana, a game-changer. Murf may be an EMT hero, but he’s only huma
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Risking Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risking Everything

Start your review of Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders
Vicki Krebs
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am part of the Advanced Reader group for the short story, Rescuing Ryan included in this anthology. I am receiving no compensation beyond being able to read the story.

First off, I loved getting a glimpse into a bit more of Jamie and Regan’s stories, and seeing how easy it was for Chris to let Jamie go. I like him a lot as a character, and I didn’t want to see him get hurt!

One of the things I love about Syd Ryan’s writing is that I can get totally invested in her characters, even in something
Kim Owens
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Going Down by Jody Kaye
So, if you know me, you know how much I adored the Kingsbrier Quintuplets series! Seriously, one of my faves of all times! I was so excited to get my hands on a copy of Dash and Kat's story (Thank you, Jody!!!! 💖)... I truly didn't expect it to hold a candle to the Quints, but how could you go wrong with Drew and Brier's son?!
Let's just say that I was literally hooked from the first page! Set on a ski slope in Colorado, both Kat and Dash work ski patrol. I instantly loved
Stephanie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to Beta Read for Syd Ryan’s story Rescuing Ryan & I can’t wait for people to get their hands on this story & the whole anthology! ...more
Chelsea
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read Harlow Layne's story from this anthology and all my gosh it is perfect! We briefly meet Gage in Harlow's book Secret Admirer (which is also an amazing story) he's the hot cop. It is an insta love story between Gage & Claire with some sexy scenes 🔥and Gage has a twin brother, Tate whose story we get next year and I cannot wait!!!

I definitely pre-ordered this anthology and can't wait to devour the other stories.
Tara Lee
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for Walk the line Harlow Layne.

A beautiful love story, steamy with a little drama that keeps you intrigued.
It gave me all the feels along with falling in love with Gage.

Gage and Claire are one hot couple and I loved the age difference, everything about this book just screams wow.
I wanted more, I loved how fast paced it was Gage and Claire had sparks from the start and I loved that.
Lauren Hutchinson
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for walk the line

Wow. This short story was fantastic apart from being longer I couldn't ask for more in a book. I was desperate to read more of the story that I just couldn't stop reading and I was so disappointed when it ended. I could have happily read about them all day long. A fantastic story.
Rachael Houlker
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Going Down by Jody Kaye.

The story jumps straight in with the two main characters of the book meeting for the first time. Kat on her way to work, as a first responder at a ski resort and her assigned co-worker for the day, Dash, a member of this seasons team she hasn’t yet worked with.

Dash is an extremely likeable character, open, funny, kind, handsome and can even cook! Kat is harder to get to know, doesn’t trust easily and is generally leary of Dash.

WOW. This book makes you feel highs, with
Teri
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have only read Always Kind of Love by Amanda Siegrist so far but plan to read more. The story of these two is all about communication. Love and time lost, pain and anger, so much conflict and this author makes sure you share it all. This second chance romance has the friends to make it fun with their support and love, a little suspense to keep you wondering and characters make you want to stay. I can't wait to read the rest of the set.
poppy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
Walk the Line By Harlow Layne is a great little read I liked both Gage and Claire and thought they were really good together this is a well written quick read and I enjoyed it.
Beautiful Persuasion by A.K. MacBride I thought this was a good sweet well-written insta-love romance the storyline was good and it had good likable characters It was a good easy read and a great addition to this collection
Elvira
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this story. The characters are well developed and engaging and plenty of chemistry from beginning to the end. Storyline flowed smoothly.

Suzanne
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Going Down by Jody Kaye
I enjoyed reading the ARC for Going Down. Kat and Dash's short story is a fun, steamy read with the depth of a full-length novel. Great settings, interesting detail, and quirky characters add to the passion. The story reads like a stand-alone, yet gives readers of the Kingsbrier Quintuplets series a peek into lives of characters they already know and love.
Erica
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Walk the Line by Harlow Layne
It's hard to believe in love at first sight but that's what happens in this story only I feel Gage doesn't realize it. He's never been serious about anything other than his work. The attraction to Clare is big though. A great story with all kinds of feelings!
Rebecca
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've not read the entire anthology as of yet, although I certainly intend to, so this review is solely for K. L. Montgomery's "Reconstructed Heart".

This story was short and sweet, but no less enjoyable for it. I do wish it could have been longer though. I read it so fast, it seemed to have barely begun before it was over!

Trey and Jenna were such a sweet pair to read about despite the circumstances throughout the story. There was a lot of sadness, awful events, and yet there was still light shin
Deb Le
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So far I've read Reconstucted Heart by KL Montgomery in this anthology and loved it. Trey and Jenna are such endearing characters. The twists and irony of life in this story are touching and heartbreaking. The struggle to not sink is real and well fought. This is such a beautiful read, I couldn't put it down.
Ewa
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is review for Unconstructed Heart by K.L. Montgomery
“ We were expected to be made of steel and rock. Unbreakable. Unbendable. Nothing was supposed to shake us. We saw crisis, greed, pain, death—humanity at its very worst—day in and day out, but none of it was supposed to seep in through our impermeable exteriors. That armor we wore needed to cover every square inch of our bodies”
Men and women in uniform.
It was heartbreaking and emotional rollercoaster.
It’s no words to describe storyline,t
CJ
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful collection of stories of our men and women who are first responders.

Teri Ditchman
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great group of authors and stories. However, my favorite was Reconstructed Heart. It is a very well written story, with wonderful characters you will care about. You will have some moments when you aren't sure what is going to happen, but you will have to read the story to find out. It is a very quick read and very enjoyable. I would definetly recommend it
Cindy Mathis
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve only read Jody Kaye’s Going Down, and if the rest of these stories are this good, then Risking Everything is going to be a huge hit!! I was so excited to meet Brier’s son, Dash. He may be the perfect book boyfriend (If you haven’t read the Kingsbrier Quintuplets, go do that next!)
Anne Donaldson
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a review of Walk the Line, by Harlow Layne, one of the stories in the anthology:

Gage and Claire have a connection from the start, but, when Gage feels that their relationship puts Claire in danger, he pulls back. Now that is where I dropped a star. While his motives were awesome, he never really explained the decision or why, suddenly, it was no longer an issue. It didn’t appear that the attacker had actually been caught; the attacks had just stopped. This one niggle aside, this book is
Bobbi Wagner
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great anthology that has ten hot stories of men and women working as first responders. Great authors, some new to me and others my favorite. Each story is different, you are sure to find your favorite among them. One of my favorites is Reconstructed Heart. I loved how I was pulled into the story from the beginning. Trey makes a nasty discovery at a scene of an accident. Now his heart and faith are in need of healing. Will Jenna be the one to heal him? I highly recommend this book.
Agata Jędrzejewska
Harlow Layne - Walk the Line 5⭐️
This was beautiful love story. Her so attached to him, him so surprised he is as well. It take place in same town Secret Admirer is, and Gage do even mention the case with Bodhi and Coco. So much is happening in this town, so many crimes lately, luckily we have devoted cops on it, even if results are long to come. I loved twins connection with one another. But most of all I loved Claire and Gage’s connection. He wanted to protect her at any cost. It was very nice
Danielle Monteleone
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story gives you all the feels for men in uniform and the wives and girlfriends of those men. Gage and Claire had a connection from the beginning that was strong and one that makes you appreciate those men and women for so much more for their courage and how strong all have to be... I can't wait to read about Tate and get inside his head as a detective.
Amanda Baker
Walk the Line by Harlow Layne

Harlow Layne writes sweet, sexy alphas. She has a new novella coming out on November 5, 2019, featured in the Risking Everything anthology. This is a steamy first responders anthology. Walk the Line is about a sexy as sin cop named Gage Walker!

Gage is a gorgeous Henry Cavill look-alike, who will make your knees weak and make you swoon! Gage crosses paths with the weary but stunning Claire Blake and the rest is history. The energy that each of these characters posses
Lisa Hemming
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the Anthology, I read: “Always Kind of Love” by Amanda Siegrist

The McCord Family series is one of my favorites, and I was thrilled to see that the latest book featured Ethan, the brave firefighter who had never forgotten his one true love, Penelope.

Ethan and Penelope shared a storybook romance while in high school, but everything changed when they started making plans for college. Communication is the key to a successful relationship and because they truly didn’t listen to each other, Ethan
Rockin' Rita Mishkin
Jul 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Ten amazingly talented authors created this incredible steamy romance charity anthology.about real-life heroes! What's not to love? Can't wait for everybody to get their hands on this book!
Jenni Bishop
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders by ten great authors. All the stories are about first responders from Police Officers, Firefighters, and Accident scene workers to Emergency Call operators and all are hard but wonderful stories to read. It is also great to see that the book supports a good cause. Each of these stories are highly emotionally charged stories and will have your heart beating rapidly as you journey along with the characters whilst they put their lives, thei ...more
Ariadna Basulto
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RISKING EVERYTHING
Risking Everything is a swoony, steamy, heart-pounding collection of ten incredible authors coming together to pay homage to first responders and all they lay on the line in the name of public service. Filled with ten captivating, wildly romantic stories that will hit your heart right in the feels and stay there for days to come!

Covering everything from long stressful hours on the job to sacrificing their time with their families to putting themselves in the line of danger ev
Angela
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders is a charity anthology, with all proceeds going to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation. So, not only do you get ten superb stories from ten talented authors when you purchase Risking Everything, but you will also be helping out a very worthy charity in the process.
All the stories focus on the theme of ‘first responders’ from Firefighters, to Police Officers, EMT’s to Collision Investigators, and dedicated Emergency Disp
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for Walk the Line by Harlow Layne.

Drama, steam and a hot cop. Sign me up! I DEVOURED this book. The moment I started reading the story I got sucked into the story and had to know what was going to happen next. Everything about this is completely addicting.

Claire was injured in an accident and found comfort in her rescuer, Gage. There was instant chemistry between the two of them. I loved that Gage felt the instant need to protect her no matter what. Gage is a little hesitant w
Kari Hansen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have only read Beautiful Persuasion by A.K. MacBride so far and this is my review for that story.

After the way Rae’s last relationship ended she is questioning her judgment when it comes to men, but during a girl’s night accepting a bet could be the best decision she ever made. Griffin has recently moved to town looking for a fresh start and trying to heal from a tragedy when a beautiful woman approaches him at the bar.

There is no denying the chemistry and connection between them but will Rae
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Naughty & Nice (Spicetopia #4)
  • Fire & Ice (Spicetopia #3)
  • The Fat Girl's Guide to Loving Your Body
  • Dares & Dice (Spicetopia Book 5)
  • Hidden Obsession (An Alliance Agency Novel #2)
  • Music Man (Romance in Rehoboth #1)
  • Heartburn
  • Sweetest Obsessions
  • Virtue & Vice (Spicetopia #2)
  • Falling For His Badass
  • Knight Watch (An Alliance Agency Novel #1)
  • Mountains Wanted (Mountains Trilogy Book 1)
  • Amy's Santa: Satan's Devils MC (Second Generation) #1
  • The Secret
  • Summer Break: A Joe Football Novella
  • The Cowboy's Baby Mistake
  • The Sergeant's Roommate

Kara Liane is a lover of all things romance. She holds several degrees, including a master’s in management from Wayland Baptist University. She’s a former military spouse and works in the environmental science field. Her twin elementary-age sons and miniature pinscher are her loves in life, and they reside with her in New Jersey.

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2xiS7vi