Start by marking “Shades of Justice (Detective Madison Knight series Book 9)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Justice (Detective Madison Knight series Book 9)

Shades of Justice (Detective Madison Knight series Book 9)

The line between good and evil isn’t always clear…

“Tremendous! A double homicide, decadent scandals, and smooth prose—Shades of Justice is the perfect combination of mystery and suspense.” –K.J. Howe, bestselling author of Skyjack

Detective Madison Knight has risked her badge—and her life—in the pursuit of justice before, and she just might need to do so again. Two vi
Published May 7th 2019 by Hibbert & Stiles Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Justice

Whispering Stories
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Detective Madison Knight is back in her nine book in her series. I have only read the previous book, number eight in the series, Power Struggle, but I enjoyed it immensely so I couldn’t wait to start this book.

The book opens with Madison meeting a private investigator as she believes that the police force has numerous corrupt officers and she wants to bring them to justice. We then move on to the case at hand.

At the home of the Malone’s, a weal
Linda Strong
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019

Detective Madison Knight and her partner, Detective Terry Grant are back for another action packed adventure. This time, though, Madison is pushing the limits which may cost her the job ... and her life.

A man and a woman are found naked and dead at the bottom of a swimming pool .. both of them shot in the head. The man is unidentified for the moment, but the woman was the wife of Steven Malone, a huge contributor to the local police department.

Madison has been at odds with her Sergeant, who tell
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
In the wake of all Maddison Knight experienced in the previous installment, my curiosity as it relates to what next was in store for the tenacious detective was on a high. Whatever, it was I knew without a doubt that Arnold would take her readers on a journey filled with twists and turns and provide a mystery that would keep them guessing to the end. She did not disappoint.

Madison is still reeling from her last adventure involving the kidnapping of her sister at the hands of the Russian Mafia. S
Kathleen Kelly
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shades of Justice by Carolyn Arnold #9 of the Detective Madison Knight series is not the first I have read in the series, not sure how many. That said, it can be read like a stand-alone novel. I promise!

A woman and a man are found dead at the bottom of a pool, completely naked, bullets in their heads. The woman is quickly identified but the man's identity is unknown. She is Lorene Malone, a rich woman with secrets. Why is a woman murdered with a man other than her husband? Detective Madison Knig
Nicki Conroy
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a couple of the previous Madison Knight series but you do not have to have read a  book to enjoy Shades of Justice. Each book is a great standalone, as well as part of an ongoing series.

Madison is always going to do the right thing. I thought, until I finished this book, that she saw everything in black and white. I truly believe she learned a new lesson in Shades of Justice as everything is not black and white.

Madison does not want to play nice with her boss. I really can get into t
Carly Wilson
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Shades Of Justice’ is the ninth book in the Madison Knight series by Carolyn Arnold, and it was a rollercoaster of twist and turns that kept me hanging on.

The book centre’s around Madison Knight, a detective for Stiles P.D. Madison is a beautiful, strong-willed woman who is successful and is constantly proving herself against the male brass in her field. She gets a gut feeling and follows it like a bloodhound, relentless to finding justice.

Murders aren’t uncommon in the town of Stiles, but when
Hannah Charlesworth
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a few of the previous books in the series of Madison Knight and each one has been just as good as the last. With this being the 9th book in the series, the excitement and effort that has gone into the writing has not tuned down one bit. The book, and each one previously, can be read as a stand alone book too which I always find to be the sign of a really great author.

Detective Knight has it all thrown into her with this book; a murder, her best friends, Cynthia, wedding and an inter
Leila
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Many times, mystery authors give us more than one mystery to solve in one book and things get hectic. While this one started out putting a seed in our mind about a private case that Madison is investigating; the book mainly centers on the double homicide of a wealthy man’s (and a big donor to the police department) wife and a John Doe.

One of my favorite things about Carolyn Arnold is that she is an amazing law enforcement procedural writer so you are thrown into the thick of the investigation wi
Shelly
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Madison barely gets to take a breather after dealing with the mafia before she's swept right into her next case. I felt the leftover fear and anxiety from it bleeding into her every day life. She's incredibly strong; but I was happy to see deeper feelings that revealed that she's actually human -- and not a superhuman! Her friendship with Cynthia and relationship with Troy are a big insight to her outside of the title of detective. It makes her an enjoyable protagonist!Faced with a case for a hi ...more
Michele
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Madison Knight has her hands full in this non stop action novel! Twists and turns galore in this murder mystery. She and her partner really are trying to figure out who murdered the wife of Steven Malone and a mystery man in her home. All the family seems to care about is their reputation and they are being backed up by Madison's boss---Then there is the wedding and the bride's sister walks away at the last minute-can Madison get her to return? Meanwhile there is something going on with her boyf ...more
Rosemary
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shades of Justice - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Whodunit? Let's just say you can't get decent staff these days!
Queen of Thrillers Carolyn Arnold gets right to the action, with the run-up to Madison's BFF Cindy's wedding at which she's due to be Maid of Honor.
Thing is killers don't work to a timetable that suits their hunters' social calendars and having a high-society double murder that her boss wants kept under the media radar is guaranteed to send Madison's frustration into overdrive.
Blackmail,
Crystal Addis
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shades of Justice by Carolyn Arnold is quite the page turner! This is the ninth installment in an international bestselling series. It can be read as a stand alone.....BUT you should really get the series! Just sayin'....

This is a murder mystery that leaves you hanging on every page. I love the author's ability to use her expertise in the police field and make a story out of it. Madison Knight is our main character and is a tough detective who is called to the scene of a double homicide with her
Liliyana Shadowlyn
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
When a murdered wealthy family matriarch found with a dead John Doe, Madison finds herself knee deep in politics, lies, and elusive clues. As black and white as Madison often likes to think the world is, this case will force her to see the shades in between if she hopes to solve this homicide without stepping on too many influential toes. Fighting with her own personal experiences and prejudices to stay objective, Madison takes the reader on a twisted ride as she races to find the murderer.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
A woman is found dead in her home without a stitch of clothing on. The woman is the wife of the Stiles PD’s biggest contributor. The identity of the nude man found with her is unknown. Who is this John Doe? Who would want them dead? Were our murder victims having an affair? Why was John Doe there on that faithful night? Was he in the wrong place at the right time so to speak? Was John Doe a case of mistaken identity? Detective Madison Knight has a long list of suspects and people to interview.

M
Barb Lie
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shades of Justice by Carolyn Arnold is the 9th book in her terrific Detective Madison Knight series. I have been a fan of this series since the beginning, and as always, Carolyn Arnold never fails to give us an intense exciting murder mystery, not to mention her expertise in police procedurals. I have said this a number of times; when it comes to police investigations & procedurals no one does it better than Arnold.

Madison Knight, our heroine, is a tough detective, who will let nothing stan
Jennifer Tooker
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

Full disclosure, I was provided a copy of this book by the author, however, have voluntarily chosen to write a review.

Justice on Eggshells

Shades of Justice is the Ninth in the Detective Madison Knight crime series by author Carolyn Arnold. As the story unfolds, Knight is called to the scene of a double homicide at the home of a very prominent family. While on the surface this appears to be an affair gone wrong, Knight is not so sure. Cracking this case will be more difficult than most as due to
Kathy
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, once again Arnold had me swinging between “do I tow the line” like Madison’s partner or “do I fight for justice no matter what the consequences” like Madison. Actually, I have this struggle almost every time I read this series. There’s a mean and ugly lieutenant they have to deal with, and he doesn’t just tow the line, he seems to suck up to almost every superior or donor. Even though in my mind I know this is all necessary whether it be a business or a public service department, it always ...more
Claire
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 9 in the series featuring Detective Madison Knight, but I found it worked very well as a stand-alone read.

The book begins with Madison secretly getting a journalist on board to help expose corrupt cops within Stiles police. The same day, she and her partner Terry get assigned to investigate a double homicide. One victim is an unidentified John Doe but the other is wealthy Lorene Malone, wife of Steven Malone, highly respected members of the local community. They were shot and found
Dawn
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

This is the ninth book in the series but it’s the just the second one I’ve read. I read the eight book, Power Struggle, so I already know the characters a little. Shades of Justice does stand on its own though. When things from the past come up, enough backstory is given so that the story is easy to follow.

Detective Madison Knight is assigned to solve the double homicide of the
Linda Hobbis
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I reconnoitred with Detective Madison Knight but I found Shades of Justice to be a real page-turner which works just as well as a stand-alone detective story as it does as part of the series.

I love the procedural information that Arnold injects into her writing which makes you feel as if you are part of the investigative team. This time, Madison and her partner Terry are trying to unravel the double murder of a furniture mogul’s wife and struggling to get the truth out o
Sherry Fundin
Carolyn Arnold does an excellent job of presenting the case, piece by piece, putting aside preconceived notions and privilege to the moneyed.

I love stories with strong women and Madison is not only strong, but confident. Push and she pushes back. She always gets her man and the journey to finding him is one I love to read.

She does have some trust issues, so it’s a good thing that Troy is a man with patience to spare.

A naked woman is found dead in her home, with a man not her husband. There are p
Sonya Neal
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Madison is determined to make the world a better place, even if it means investigating one of her own. When a high-profile woman is killed in a compromising position, Madison must work her hardest to find a killer.

With her boss looking over her shoulder (and interjecting) at every turn, Madison struggles to make it through the day, while biting her tongue the whole way. In the meantime Madison is involved in her friend's wedding planning, and time is running out.

This is a gritty, wonderful story
Doris Humber
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although I haven’t read the series, I sure plan to after reading this book. I love this type of novel.
The storyline is so suspenseful, filled with twists that you could never have imagined. It’s a very intriguing crime novel.

Madison and her partner are investigating a double homicide; one of the victims is the wife of a prominent contributor to the Police Department. Madison frequently faces conflict with her Sergeant when investigating the wealthy Malone family. Despite this pressure from her b
Jeanne
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shades of Justice, 9th in the Madison Knight series, but my first, is an intriguing and suspenseful police drama. Though I found the novel started off a little slowly, it became very exciting very quickly. The story kept you engaged throughout. I loved the characters and will eventually go back and read this series from the beginning. If you like reading police procedurals, mysteries, or thrillers, you will love this novel.
I received a free copy of this book and choose to review it voluntarily.
Bev
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
I love the rivalry between Madison and her sergeant. Madison is learning the other side of the law....the side where the money is protected by those who get it. Not that it will stop her from seeking the justice she is looking for when hunting down a killer because it won't. Just makes it harder. This is a great story! I loved it! I think it is the best one yet of the series. All the things that are going on lies, deceit, money, the people. You will need a scorecard but it well worth the cost of ...more
Debbie Evans
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best

She writes great stories. I couldn't put the book down. I love the way you always think It's one person but you look at the evidence and try to figure out what will happen next. It is a great book as always. 5 stars
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
The guessing game of who done it, and the little twists that I never saw coming made this yet another thrilling read from Carolyn Arnold.

Shades of Justice is the ninth instalment in the Detective Madison Knight series, and easily read as a stand alone, though having read the previous would definitely be to an advantage. I started this series at book 8 and there is a heck of a lot that has happened prior to this but the main story line in this book is entirely separate with enough of the back sto
Bobbie Davidson
Jun 16, 2019
john p mallon
May 09, 2019
Rev Pam Wright
May 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
CAROLYN ARNOLD is the international bestselling and award-winning author of the Madison Knight, Brandon Fisher, and McKinley Mystery series. She is the only author with POLICE PROCEDURALS RESPECTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT™.

Carolyn was born in a small town, but that never kept her from dreaming big. On par with her large dreams is her overactive imagination that conjures up killers and cases to solve. S