Start by marking “How to Stir a Baker's Heart (Cadence of Acadia, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Stir a Baker's Heart (Cadence of Acadia, #2)

How to Stir a Baker's Heart

(Cadence of Acadia #2)

Certified mental health therapist Olivia Hudson has spiraled into a dark depression her own training can't pull her out of. Since Olivia can’t return to her practice when she can’t even help herself, she moves to Stone Harbor, Maine, to heal and help her dementia-ridden grandmother run her once-famous bakery.

Blake Hartford is living his dream of farming blueberries and
Kindle Edition
Published April 5th 2019 by White Rose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about How to Stir a Baker's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Stir a Baker's Heart

Start your review of How to Stir a Baker's Heart (Cadence of Acadia, #2)
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Don't believe the lies the enemy whispers in your ears. You are still you, despite your circumstances.'

Olivia Hudson is a mental health therapist, but when two huge blows leave her reeling, she spirals into a deep depression. No longer able to function in her practice, she heads to Stone Harbor, Maine, to help her baker grandmother, who is suffering from depression. Maybe she will find the healing she herself needs.

Blake Hartford is renovating his old Victorian house and farming blueberries,
Barbara M. Britton
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Patterson does an excellent job of bringing coastal Maine alive along with the romance between Olivia and Blake. Olivia has her hands full restoring her grandmother's iconic bakery and taking care of her grandmother with dementia. Blake is recovering from an engagement gone wrong. His blueberry farm duties pale in comparison to the lovely new visitor in town. One who can cook like none other. I enjoyed Blake and Olivia's courtship. They struggled with self-doubt and issues from past ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I found this to be a charming romance with one of my favorite things - baking! Okay, obviously the baking wasn't the whole part of the story, but I enjoyed seeing Olivia's ideas for her grandma's bakery come to life. It made me want to get in the kitchen and start creating some of my own things.

Enter Blake. Yep, he seems like the down to earth guy from next door, that has a heart of gold. Teaming Blake and Olivia together to revitalize the town was so creative. Patterson has a way of bringing
Jericha Kingston
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT story. Olivia and Blake are like friends you don't want to tell 'goodbye'. They had numerous challenges to overcome, but after a rocky start, they begin to understand each other and work well together. I love how the author tackles tough issues like depression and dementia. I was moved by how respectfully these themes were handled. Well done, Ms. Patterson. Oh, and I absolutely loved how different Book Two is from Book One (How To Charm a Beekeeper's Heart). Sometimes when you read a ...more
Sharon Dean
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How To Stir A Beekeepers Heart
Cadence of Acadia, Book 2
By Candice Sue Patterson

Traveling to Maine to meet Blake and Olivia has been an adventure that I’ll never forget. I love the Beekeepers series Candice is putting out and book 2 has been phenomenal. Not only did we get new characters we get to catch up on the happenings of the ones we already know. Love how we can do that through others stories. Candice has woven the grace and love that God has for each of us into this story through the
Pamela Kerr
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How to Stir A Baker's Heart is a wonderfully written book that not only introduced you to new characters but also gives you updates on the characters from How to Charm a Beekeeper's Heart. This book has a great life lesson. Forgiveness is not about the person who wronged you. It is about allowing yourself to move forward in life after you have forgiven the one you were wronged by. This is a book you won't want to put down. Well done Candice Sue Patterson.
Pegg
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you know me or follow my reviews, you know I don't read many contemporary novels, but I *always* read them if Candice Sue Patterson is the author. And this one didn't disappoint. Lively, touching, humorous, and heartfelt, this book is an emotional rollercoaster of a ride. You'll find yourself cheering for both Blake and Olivia as they find their way through that thing we call life. Plenty of reasons to keep turning the pages on this one!
Robin Patchen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of story that grabs you from page one and doesn't let go. I got so pulled into the characters' lives that when I finished the book, I felt like I was saying good-bye to old friends. I'll be looking for more from this author.
Deena
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to finish reading this at work, because I knew I was in for a good cry! I’m so thankful I’ve discovered Candice Sue Patterson’s stories! I’m hoping beyond hope that she’s continuing this amazing series!
Kara R.  Hunt
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love romance with a strong plot, you'll love How To Stir A Baker's Heart. You'll fall in love with the characters, the pacing and momentum are great, and the dialogue is believable and engaging. You won't regret buying this one. Candice Sue Patterson has done it again!
Janice Sisemore
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
How to stir a bakers heart

Olivia cares for her grandmother that has Alzheimer’s. She has also taken over the bakery that her grandmother has. Blake finds Olivia’s grandmother one evening out wandering around.

Blake owns a blueberry farm, which made me want some blueberries. It would not be a easy job though to make sure the blueberries survive in bad weather.

I imagine writing about someone with Alzheimer’s would be hard to do. I really enjoyed Olivia character.

I was fortunate to receive a
JoAnn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How to Stir a Baker’s Heart is a great addition to the Cadence of Acadia series. Loved the plot, characters and setting. I will be waiting impatiently for the next book in this series.
Maxine Resler
Jun 04, 2019
Dana
Feb 10, 2020
Candice
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Karin
is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2019
Mary
Sep 08, 2019

• Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Tate (The Montana Marshalls, #2)
  • Courageous (Long, Tall Texans #42)
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • It Was Me All Along
  • Unbound
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • Yours Truly, Thomas
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • Knox (The Montana Marshalls, #1)
  • Beauty in Battle (Beauty in Flight #3)
  • Beauty in Hiding (Beauty in Flight #2)
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • Called to Protect (Blue Justice, #2)
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #2)
Candice Sue Patterson studied at the Institute of Children's Literature and is an active member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She lives in Indiana with her husband and three young sons in a restored farmhouse overtaken by books. When she's not tending to her chickens, splitting wood, or decorating cakes, she's working on a new story. Candice writes Modern Vintage Romance--where the past ...more

Cadence of Acadia (2 books)
  • How to Charm a Beekeeper's Heart (Cadence of Acadia, #1)
“The idea of lovingly restoring an object that was once vibrant but had fallen into shambles filled her with yearning so strong it brought tears to her eyes.” 0 likes