Start by marking “Hot Shot” as Want to Read:
Hot Shot

Hot Shot

(Men of the Sisterhood #5)

Loyalty is a way of life for the Sisterhood and their significant others. When lawyer Lizzie Fox's husband, Cosmo Cricket, is left critically injured after being shot by an unknown assailant, the men of BOLO Consultants head straight for Las Vegas to comfort Lizzie‚"‚€‚"and to uncover a dangerous enemy in the City of Sin. As head of Nevada's Gaming Commission, Cosmo has po ...more
Published May 28th 2019 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Hot Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Shot

Lisa
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a better read than some of the others. I liked that the story was about Lizzie and Cosmo. We have to see what happens next.
Stef
**On order at Library already. Placed on hold March 1st 2019**
Hot Shot --Expected publication: August 27th 2019
------
Reading the Men of the Sisterhood after book 29 of the Sisterhood series. Finished previous books June 26, 2019.
---------------------
**Must read the series in order.**
Love, Love this series. Highly recommend to those that enjoy: Fast reads, Some romance, crime-suspense, mystery suspense, chic lit n romance n drama, humor, action packed suspense romance, mf. Started reading Fern
Stanley McShane
I was totally missing something with this book, my first experience with the series and the author. The narrative starts slow, stays slow, and turned into a snoozer for me. A large list of characters, Jack Emery is the protagonist. He's the one with the large shepherd, Cyrus, and I'm usually a sucker for a book with a dog.

Happy Village is a senior facility now overseen by a rich and powerful half-partner, Cosmo Cricket, who is gunned down early in the book and his wife Lizzie Fox, pretty powerf
Bimal Patel
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: This book was given to me for free by the publisher in return for my unbiased opinion.

This happens to be the first pocket book kind of a novel I read. The plot of the story revolves around figuring out the mystery behind certain someone with power gets shot but survives. Bunch of friends of the shot guy and his wife's take it upon themselves to investigate the series of events that lead to the shooting. I find the end hilarious. I won't disclose the ending but I was like seriously!!!
Marion Jones
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another good book in the Sisterhood Series. Honestly, I believe this is one of the books that I have enjoyed the most. There were so many twists and turns found within the story, not to mention the introduction of additional characters. I really enjoyed having more background on the characters requiring assistance by the Men of the Sisterhood. The residents of Happy Village allowed me to not only be invested in what happened to the characters and how they felt, but it also provided a sof ...more
Marion Jones
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becky Tatar
I don't know what it is about these books. I don't think they are that well written, but it's kind of like watching an accident or a fire, you can't stop reading them. The men of BOLO are on hand when they hear that Lizzie Fox' husband, Cosmo Cricket, head of the Nevada Gaming Commission, has been shot and is in serious condition. Joint property ownership, gang initiations and secrets are all part of the mystery, that takes the BOLO men a while to figure out. What's more, at a senior residential ...more
Illustrious Illusions
I have loved this series for years and still do with each new book. I think you could probably jump into this book without having read the others, but you will miss some of the back story of characters.

Since I"m so invested in these characters over the course of two long running series, this book had me a bit on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen to Cosmo and Lizzie!

The only things that threw me a little off were some of the Vegas descriptions...we never get 100% humidity

Overall a
Sherri Caddell
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply a wonderful book

I love both the sisterhood series and the men of the sisterhood series. This book was great. The boys had a bit of a different approach to this case. And I absolutely loved Maggie's punishment of the bad guys. I can't wait for the next adventure. And little Jack is so much bigger on thos story, I loved that he played a small part in the story. Happy reading everyone!
Marybeth Lapilla
Excellent

I have read every book in this series, Women and Men, this was by far the best of the Men.
It had so many twists and turns. I enjoyed the parts at Happy Village, it showed the soft side of the characters. The story also had the good guys in the gang, it was a heartwarming display of how bad guys can become our friends and protectors.
I am already looking forward to the next chapter in the Men of the Sisterhood
Terri
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is from a series called the Sisterhood. This time it was the men that were called into action. When Cosmo Cricket is shot in Las Vegas where he lives with Lizzie Fox. The men try to find out who tried to kill him. It starts out slow and kind of goes all over the place with the different characters. It was good but the not as good as the ones in the beginning of this series. Thank you NetGalley and Kensington Books for an early copy. This review is mine and honest opinion.
Dawn
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! It's one of those books you just don't want to end. These guys are the counter part to the Sisterhood Series by Ms. Michaels and I just love them all including Maggie and Lizzie. If you're not new to the characters and series grab some tissues. If you're new please get to know these guys and how they got started. You laugh and cry with the antics of this crew.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Barbara Tobey
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Las Vegas has its own rules or so it seems. This was my first experience with this series. Wow! Love the dog. Admire Jack. Afraid of the scary wild Maggie. Some humor, some heartfelt moments, some action, some creepy stuff. An unusual group of do-gooders. Fast read. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Judy Tucker
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot Shot is a intriguing and intense story that take place in Las Vegas. The characters are an interesting group and the dog steals the show. This is probably where the saying"what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" came from. It starts as helping finding out who and why their friend is shot, to gangs and missing senior citizens and shady money hungry big shot.
Becky
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Fern Michaels! I always love the books about the Sisterhood or the Men of the Sisterhood . This one was about the Men and about Lizzie's husband Cosmo and the guys helping him get to the bottom of his troubles in Las Vegas. My fav parts were Jack's recommendations to Lizzie & Cosmo’s young son with girl problems. I also love the dog, Cyrus. I wish I had one as smart as him!
Debra Berding
This was ok. I have this author on my automatically reserved list at the library. I've read a few of her books over the years, but I think I am going to remove her. As I was reading the book, I felt like it
was not going to end... Not something that you should be saying about a book you enjoyed. I thnk
there are too many characters and it gets monotonous after a while.
Regina Kiddy
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Lizzie’s husband Cosmos is shot, the men from BOLO come to Las Vegas to find the culprit. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. So amongst gangs, dirty politics, and senior citizens murder runs rampant! You ask? What does senior citizens have to do with Cosmos being shot? Read the book

I read this book as an arc from NetGalley
Nancy
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.6 Fern Michael’s always writes such fun stories..maybe fun’s not the word...likable is better suited. The Sisterhood is my favorite..but The Men of the Sisterhood is coming into its own. I enjoy the “got ya” at the end of these books. Maggie was my favorite character in this story..and of course Cyrus. I wish the Sisterhood series was a TV series..guess it would have to be on at 10 pm!
Shawn
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I usually like Fern Michaels and this series but I did not care for this one about half way through when it got to the dark web. It was just a bit to much for what is usually a quick page turning read. I usually like the suspense and the twists and the revenge but this one made me almost not finish it.
Clara Smith
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michaels-fern
Another enjoyable Men of the Sisterhood escapade. There was one distastefule scene toward the end that reminded me why I quit reading the Sisterhood (women) books. In my opinion, sometimes the Vigilantes just go too far.
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the women & the men who have their own stories. Outcomes are predictable but stories are not. Have read every one of their books. Punishment is brutal but considering what they did, still brutal. Are they stooping to the perpetrators level, maybe. I liked it. Entertaining
Barbara Van Zandt
Lizzie and cosmo

Loved this story about Cosmo and they really had to work this one out with hardly any clues. Lizzie story is my favorite from the sisterhood and I'm glad cosmo gotten his story.
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun book due to the characters. Nothing like a good guy/bad guy book.

Friends, family, and a wonderful dog.

Criminals and gangs.

Dedication to making things right.

It's all that....and more.
Jeanne
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Usually really enjoy this series; however, this story did not receive the higher ratings I normally give. It was just hard to understand how all this came together and why the antagonist took the actions he did. Felt unfulfilled at the end. 4 out of 10.
Debra McEathron
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read with the men of the sisterhood. They needed to help Cricket and Lizzie. They were some what wishy-washy and needed to act faster and more decisively. They did get things accomplished and Cyrus was the best character.
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun book due to the characters. Beautifully developed. Nothing like a good guys/bad guys book.

Friends and family. A wonderful dog.

Criminals -- gangs.

Dedication to making things right.

It's all that and more.
Runner10
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot Shot is my first book to read in this series. I loved the characters and the Las Vegas setting. I will definitely go back and read the first books in this series. Fern Michaels is a top notch writer.
Sharon
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this recent episode of the Men of the Sisterhood. Just when you think you have it figured out it changes . Wow what a story! Can’t wait for the next one. The Sisterhood has always been a favourite read of mine. Fern Michaels is a great weaver of tales
Barbara Gingras
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is always a great quick suspense read
Gretchen
Predictable and a fast read.
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more

Men of the Sisterhood (5 books)
  • Double Down (Men of the Sisterhood, #1)
  • Fast and Loose (Men of the Sisterhood #2)
  • High Stakes (Men of the Sisterhood #3)
  • Truth or Dare (Men Of The Sisterhood #4)