Start by marking “Shadows On The Border (Lost in Time, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadows On The Border (Lost in Time, #2)

Shadows On The Border

( Lost in Time #2)

Sequel to Lost in Time

Newspaper reporter Lew Tyler and his lover, Detective Alec Carter, are working out the parameters of their new relationship. Meanwhile, time traveler Lew is trying to decide whether he wants to stay in the 1920s or find a way to get back to 2016, and Alec doesn’t know if he can bear the vulnerability of being in love with someone who uses such
ebook
Published March 9th 2019 by JMS Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Shadows On The Border, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows On The Border

Start your review of Shadows On The Border (Lost in Time, #2)
Lillian Francis
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to hope that this series isn’t finished. For now it’s at a suitable pause but I need to know what happened to Will and Fenn, even if it’s only in another short story. I’d also like more about the couple from The Gate and how Arthur’s book (because I have to believe that is Arthur’s book) ended up in junk shop for Mira to find. And I want to know if Lew and Alec manage to track down any of the descendants of Kelly’s acquaintances.

Obviously, none of what I’ve said above will make any sense
Isabelle Adler
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I enjoyed this even more than the first one! Full review to come soon.
Maryann Kafka
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
In 2016, the world has split and “The Border” is a protection against “The Outlands” where “Creatures” seeking energy lurk. Certain humans have an ability called “The Pull” and are known as “Workers”. Workers keep “The Border” repaired. “The Border” is power and danger, if misused a person could find themselves in situations beyond their control.

Ellison “Lew” Tyler crossed “The Border” in 2016 in search of his foster sister Mira, he found himself in the year 1919 in London. Three years later Lew
Anne Barwell
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m, lgbtq
Shadows on the Border picks up where Lost in Time left off, so I would suggest reading the series in order. I love the 1920s feel and descriptions of this story—as with the other books in the series. It made for a very visual reading experience, which added to my enjoyment. I also love the fantasy part of this series, and the description of the ‘working’.

I was already invested in Lew and Alec’s story from book 1, and enjoyed seeing Will’s perspective in this story, and learning more about him.
Heather
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: halloween-time
So I'm not going to say too much about Shadows on the Borders because not only do I not want to spoil this story I don't want to risk spoiling the first book, Lost in Time. I will say that as much as I loved the first entry and the free short, The Gate, which introduces you to the Lost in Time world, I think I loved Shadows even more. Not a statement I often make when it comes to a series, sure I usually like the following entries as well but rarely better.

Lew and Alec are adjusting though they
Lorraine Turnbull
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read another of A.L. Lester's books (LOst in Time) I was ready to read this and wasnt disappointed.
The follow on from Lost in Time and the relationship between the lovers is developing. I love the historical details, especially the police detail (I was once a police officer myself) and about attitudes in the 1920's.
Nice characters, but I really like the historical aspect and think A.L. Lester should be working on more historical stories - God knows there are plenty of real tales of the
R
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, series
Lew and Alec are still searching for the creature that has been terrorizing London. They are joined in the search by Will (a police officer that has the pull), and Fenn, a being from the other side of the border. Fenn wants to capture it and return it to its home. Everyone else wants it dead.

This book is just as strange as the first one. Interesting take on time travel and magic. It had nice primary and secondary characters, an almost gothic feel to the story, and a good mystery but it just
Brenda Moser
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the series picks up where the first book left off. The author once again delivers an interesting time travel story filled with magic and love. She does a great job describing the scenes in vivid detail and keeping you reading to the end with all the suspense and action throughout. I enjoyed reading.

Sandra
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the second book in this series. This is not a stand alone Lost in Time needs to be read so you have an understanding of the story line. This is a well written and suspenseful time travel story with lots of magic and mayhem. The author is so descriptive you feel like you are back in 1900's London fighting the evil from The Border with Lew and Alex. Looking forward to book 3 and how the relationships develop.
PaperMoon
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second (full length) book in the series is set in the same post-WW1 setting (slightly alternate given the fantasy elements introduced in earlier books) as a direct plot continuation. The focus is broadened to include a new character (of unclear gender) who is hunting the malevolent creature. Murder and mayhem continue leading up to a final showdown at the 'bottom of the garden' LOL! Cannot wait for the next instalment!
Patricia Nelson
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author has written another exciting, fascinating, raw, gritty, slow burning, intriguing, and totally awesome story filled with mystery, magic, madness, mayhem, monsters and time travel that pulled me in from the very first page.
Meredith
Azul
added it
Apr 02, 2019
A. L. Lester
Apr 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Abby Bartle
Dec 12, 2019
Brian
added it
Dec 13, 2019

• The Case of the Sexy Shakespearean (The Middlemark Mysteries #1)
  • Digging Deep (Digging Deep, #1)
  • The Rising (Badlands, #2)
  • Slay Ride
  • Box 1663
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • The Black Prince (Silk and Steel #4)
  • An Act of Detection
  • Storm Season (Accidental Roots, #1)
  • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • What Lies Beneath (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
  • The Apprenticeship of Julian St. Albans (Consulting Magic, #2)
A. L. Lester likes to read. Her favourite books are post-apocalyptic dystopian romances full of suspense, but a cornflake packet will do there's nothing else available. The gender of the characters she likes to read (and write) is pretty irrelevant so long as they are strong, interesting people on a journey of some kind.

She has a chaotic family life and small children, and she has become the

Lost in Time (3 books)
  • The Gate  (Lost in Time, #0.5)
  • Lost In Time (Lost in Time, #1)