Start by marking “Painting with Paper: Paper on the Edge” as Want to Read:
Painting with Paper: Paper on the Edge

Painting with Paper: Paper on the Edge

The astoundingly vibrant three-dimensional paper artworks in this book will stop paper art fans of all levels in their tracks. After the initial amazement, enjoy trying this method yourself, expanding your skills at your own pace with highly regarded artist Yulia Brodskaya's guidance. Using two simple materials--paper and glue--she's perfected the placement of carefully cu ...more
Published September 28th 2019 by Schiffer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Painting with Paper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painting with Paper

Start your review of Painting with Paper: Paper on the Edge
Vippi
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yulia Brodskaya's art is simply amazing. She takes quilling to a further level creating real pieces of art.

In the book , Yulia presents many of her projects plus some practical tips. Her artwork is so stunning (especially considering that it's just paper & glue) that will leave you breathless and will make you want to try yourself to paint with paper.

Although extremely inspirational, the book would have been more complete and even more attractive if complemented with at least a few tutorials/ste
Jason Muckley
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Painting with Paper," by Yulia Brodskaya is a visually stunning book full of amazing creations and projects that are unique and breathtaking. Ms. Brodskaya, a renowned paper artist and illustrator supplies her amazing talents to this book that engages the reader to create works of their own. She shares her tricks of the trade and insights to help aspiring artists create special pieces as well.

The book does not contain step-by-step instruction, however, which is its only flaw. The pictures of he
Annie
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Painting with Paper: Paper on the Edge is an amazing gallery showcase for Yulia Brodskaya's paper art. Released 28th Sept 2019 from Schiffer, it's 176 pages and available in hardcover format.

This artist's work takes quilling and edge mounted paper to an absolutely astounding degree of expertise. The book explodes with color and texture and some of the forms and shapes she coaxes paper into almost defy belief. She's a consummate artist with a v
Ramie
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you want eye candy and love the cover, you’ll love this book. If you want tips for trying out painting with paper, you’ll like this book. If you’re looking for a step by step project / tutorials to give you a starting point? You’ll want to look elsewhere.

The author shares many of their projects with us along with some tips and some walks through their creative process. The portraits are the most stunning section of the book.

I think this book would have been better as just a picture book. Bec
Witch-at-Heart
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing and I am incredibly inspired by the artwork and the designs are beautiful!! I must say this book does really on the fact you ave previous knowledge in the art form because it does not give clear instructions on how to achieve the shapes. I do with it had more details instructions for not only he complex designs shown but a few beginner designs. Other then that tat I am blown away and just can believe what is possible with enough creativity and patience. I received this book ...more
Finley Farmer
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely in awe of this artist's talent. Her paper creations are absolutely stunning and the book showcases them very well. I don't think that me or my children will ever create anything as amazing as she has with paper, but I'd like to introduce them both to the concept of using paper to create art as a medium, as well as other mediums that are more traditionally used.

Many thanks to Yulia and Netgalley for allowing me to read this book before it was published. My opinions are my own.
Nicolet Groen
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-bookshelf
Even though the book was not what I expected it to be; I expected a more diverse approach to paper art. Painting with paper, however, is solely about the art of quilling and I am blown away by the art and creativity of Yulia Brodskaya.
Starting with some more common shapes in her art, Yulia walks the reader through her process of work and thinking and finally leads us to more significant art that is so amazing that it's too hard to explain. Quilling is not a technique that I would use myself but
Jennilyn (Thiboult) Nevins
It's beautiful- the artwork, the stories behind the artwork, the inspiration drawn. I appreciate that this was not a "step-by-step" instruction manual. Brodskaya gives us plenty of explanation throughout of her process and technique, and the "work in progress" shots combined with close ups allow for [courageous] would-be quillers to attempt a masterpiece of his/her own.
Heather Bennett
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Painting with Paper is a interesting and fantastic book. I know many artists that would love this book. This would make a good gift.
Carolann
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yulia's art is incredible, inspirational, fabulous; I whole-heartedly enjoyed this art journal.
Leyla Johnson
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book, absolutely brilliant. The illustrations, the information and the workmanship is just glorious, it takes one breathe away, and I had to really look well into the paintings to appreciate and understand the execution and skill behind the work.
I never knew paper could be so amazing, from decoration to flowers to portraiture and more, this book is a must read for anyone, especially anyone interested in art.
I wish I could rate this much more than 5.
Steve Boivie
Jan 27, 2020
Cate
is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2020

• Inspired Artist: Draw Every Little Thing: Learn to draw more than 100 everyday items, from food to fashion
  • Everything Isn't Terrible: Conquer Your Insecurities, Interrupt Your Anxiety, and Finally Calm Down
  • The Story of Painting: How Art Was Made
  • The Art of Making Memories: How to Create and Remember Happy Moments
  • The Spacesuit: How a Seamstress Helped Put Man on the Moon
  • Wonder Art Workshop: Creative Child-Led Experiences for Nurturing Imagination, Curiosity, and a Love of Learning
  • Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way: 50 Fantastically Fun Projects
  • Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life
  • The Ultimate Guide to Preserving and Canning: Foolproof Techniques, Expert Guidance, and 125 Recipes from Traditional to Modern
  • Essential Oils for Beginners: A Guide to What They Are & How to Use Them
  • The Wild Dyer: A Maker's Guide to Natural Dyes with Projects to Create and Stitch (learn how to forage for plants, prepare textiles for dyeing, and make your own mordant. Includes eight hand stitching projects from coasters to a patchwork blanket)
  • Papercutting: Geometric Designs Inspired by Nature
  • The Art of Drawing People: Simple techniques for drawing figures, portraits and poses
  • Lettering for Absolute Beginners: Using Faux Calligraphy to Create Simple Versatile Projects
  • DIY for Renters: Practical Instruction for Apartment and House Renters
  • Zentangle Dingbatz: Patterns & Projects for Dynamic Tangled Ornaments & Decorations
  • Learn to Draw Disney Winnie the Pooh: How to draw Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and more!

News & Interviews