Start by marking “Unexpected Love (Unforeseen Destiny, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Love (Unforeseen Destiny, #2)

Unexpected Love

(Unforeseen Destiny #2)

What happens when Mr. Right turns out to be Mr. Wrong?

Thanks to an extremely embarrassing one-night stand, I, Staci Benson, make a pact with myself.
Focus on grad school.
Stay away from sex.

It should be easy, right?

Enter, Kyle Slade.
Infuriating to the core.
One sexy nerd.
My new boss.

Forced to spend time with a guy I can't stand? Check!
Arguing every point because he's the
Published May 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Love

Kaitlyn
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man!! Seriously this book. I was sucked in from the prologue and knew I wasn’t going to be able to put this book down. Staci and Kyle, just man. You’ll find yourself laughing out loud right at chapter one but also find yourself happy right along with the characters but experiencing their other emotions too. Not to mention the turns this adventure and journey takes. I’m so happy I got to go on the journey with these two. And I adore Kyle and Staci. And I have to admit, just like Kyle some of my n ...more
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Amanda Adams Steward
😍😍

OMG I am falling in love with this author. How is it her stories have such little reviews? She tells a story so perfectly. I love when I feel like I feel the love coming out of my phone while I’m reading and I feel butterflies and can’t stop smiling. That’s how I’ve felt while reading both books from this series. So amazing please take a chance on this series and this author. You won’t be sorry. I loved Staci and Kyle that first chapter I couldn’t stop laughing. And by the end I wanted more. T
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
This was a sweet and unexpected romance book. I went in having only a vague idea of what to expect but let me tell you, I was surprised. In order not to give away too much about the book, I won’t be saying much.

Staci is studying to get her Nurse Practitioner license and she has run into an unforeseen circumstance in which she has to seek for a job. That lands her in the lap of Kyle. He did not leave a very good impression upon their first meeting and Staci had thought she was never going to see
AJ Loves to  Read
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK! I don’t really know what I was expecting, but it was not for it to dig its hooks into me like it did!
Definitely in my top 10 so far this year. Probably even top 5!
Every single page was a whirlwind of emotions… sad to happy to shocked…you name it Unexpected Love made me feel it.
Staci and Kyle (especially Kyle) were the absolute sweetest characters and I was breathless while their HEA was revealed.
Friends, I’m giving this book ☆☆☆☆☆☆/5. Yep, 6 out of 5 for being THAT awesome
Elvira
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had lots of fun reading this starting with page one through to the end. The characters are well developed and engaging and storyline flowed smoothly. The couple knew each other prior to coming together now what ensures is a roller coaster of fun.

Becca
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Staci and Kyle. Staci was funny and smart and Kyle was the sexy nerd we all want to fall in love with.

Great story!
Deekay
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kyle and Staci worked together and apparently he is her boss and they had a one-night-stand. Staci doesn’t know that Kyle is her boss, until they met the next day. So imagined my surprise! Even thought they were both good at a one-time thing, they can’t deny their growing feelings for each other. As their feelings become serious, a secret came out and it shake their relationship status. Old pain came back, shocking truths being revealed, past memories resurfaced, it was making the whole situatio ...more
Sassy Southern
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Staci has made a pact with herself to concentrate on her professional life which means focusing on grad school only, and finding a new job as she suddenly finds herself in need of one. Not to mention her most recent one-night stand ended a little differently than planned. Thank goodness she's never going to see him again. Yeah, you and I both know she just jinxed herself which means of course their paths will cross again...and it comes in the form of Kyle being her new boss.

Kyle is a nerd and em
Lindsy
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! I really enjoyed this one. I really didn't want to put this down and I wish I had read the first one but I was glad that this didn't have to be read as a series. I was able to read this one without any problems or needing to read them in order. Sex is a major topic in this story but I liked how it was portrayed from both sides; such as Staci was into one night stands but her roommate's boyfriend was more religious so her roommate barely had sex. This story was definitely more adult th ...more
Scarlett Ian
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading Kimberly Readnour but I was very interested based on the synopsis she gave us. Staci & Kyle certainly seemed like a fun match and I couldn’t wait to see how their story unfolded.

Staci is someone I would classify as a fun person – if she was real I would absolutely want to be friends with her. When we first meet her she is put in an awkward situation that would make most of us hide in embarrassment. So when she manages to barely avoid her failed one night stand
Jennifer Pierson
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Readnour really knows how to mess with a person's emotions from the very get go, as she started out with trying to make my eyes leak, then gave me the funniest one night stand known to man for real! So, I'm trying to make sure I can see clear enough to read, then rolling in laughter before I get into many chapters for heaven's sake, so well played Ms. Readnour! Staci isn't big on relationships but loves to get that itch scratch which led her to that hilarious one night stand that frustr ...more
Ashley Gayhart
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unexpected Love story is just that, UNEXPECTED! I am going to be kind of short in this review because I do not want to give anything away, so please excuse the vagueness.
*This can be read as a standalone.
Unexpected Love is this sweet romance, that kept me on the edge of my seat. The story flowed at a nice pace, and this author did a nice job of investing me into Staci and Kyle's story. From the chemistry to the mystery, these characters held true and made true character development.

Staci is a
Magali
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romance that seems simple but is not.
4.5
I found this romance very beautiful, with good characters, even if the heroine takes a long time to understand one of the elements of the story. The narrative looks simple, but the character relationships between them are much more complex than it seemed at first, even though we feel that Kyle hides his identity. In the end, a big part of the story is unpredictable.
Very good start in the prologue that seems tender, but from the first chapter, another sensi
Teri
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So many secrets. So many lies. A lifetime of men letting her down brings her to this. Deception. Love. A beginning. An ending. A future. Man I can't say anything about this story without spilling the beans. This author has added layer upon layer of manipulation and crap from a narcissistic lying son of a biscuit eating dog!! And I loved every line. Yup you heard it from me and I am not ashamed. And no that isn't the main character but it sure is the puppet master. You'll see. I love Kyle and Sta ...more
Sharon Jones
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
Kimberly Readnour is fast becoming an author that I will one click without caring what the book is about. Her stories are just that good.
Unexpected Love certainly took me on a journey. As the puzzle pieces started to unfold, I kind of guessed who was the puppet master. Yet it was still shocking to have that confirmed.
Staci & Kyle's story starts off both funny and icky at the same time. I was laughing then cringing pretty mush simultaneousl
Candy Edwards
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! The characters were wonderful. Staci Benson meets a guy at a bar. They hit it off at the bar but after they go to his place the night turns into a very awkward event. So Staci chokes it up to hoping to never seeing the guy again and swearing off sex. So guess who is the manager of her new place of employment? Kyle Slade, the one and only guy from the awkward night. She gives Kyle a hard time about that night and many other things. But as time goes on she starts to grow fee ...more
CS
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought it was heartbreaking the way Staci and Kyle were manipulated by the same man so many years ago. Their past was connected so deeply, and Kyle never forgot her.
I loved the way they finally reconnected even though they had so many obstacles to conquer. Lots of backstories to deal with with Staci’s first unrequited love, Brian and how Kyle suffered through her lingering feelings for him.
I really liked Kyle and the way the author showed his naive trust in Steve that was based on his child
Brooke Stover
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I was given an ARC of this book for an honest review*

I really liked the story of Staci and Kyle. It was nice to have a book where I didn’t figure it all out in the first 30%. And even once I did figure out parts of it, it still had twists and turns I wasn’t expecting.

I really liked how Kimberly didn’t have the hero rescue the heroine completely. He does do some of that but Staci also stands on her own two feet and finds herself before allowing herself to be cared for by a man.

Their story was
Kari Hansen
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Staci is focused on her career and education and she does not have time for love or relationships but a one night stand isn’t out of the question however with the way her last one turned out they are going to be a thing of the past as well.

Kyle is the sweet and sexy nerd with a love for all things electronic and he happens to be Staci’s new boss. They didn’t get off to the best start, so Staci doesn’t understand why she is so drawn to him. He has secrets not only about him but her as well and wh
Melissa
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! I wondered about Staci during the first book of this series and her story definently did not dissapoint! After we find out what actually happened between her and Brian God what a douchebag! So we open this book to a glimpse of the past about a boy named Ben and girl named Lynnie and that will totally begin to make sense as we are sent forth on the journey that is Kyle and Staci's story. There is intrigue and deception and one hell of a villain and I devoured every sentence ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Kimberly delivered an amazing story about the surprises and happiness we can find when we aren't looking for them. Staci definitely was expecting Kyle, especially not after deciding she was through with men, at least for a while. Kyle was so sweet, I loved that he was always wanting the best for everyone else, even if it wasn't what was best for him. Overall this was a really great story that you absolutely need to read!

I don't want to say much because it's definitely one of those books you hav
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
From the opening pages to the very last paragraph, Kimberly Readnour takes the reader on a journey of finding love even when deception and lies are a factor. The story of Staci and Kyle will make you laugh out loud in some sections and wipe tears from your eyes and others, the perfect emotional combination. Can the decisions you make in your past influence the happiness you find in the future? In Kyle's case - YES. A wonderful combination of beautifully written characters and a storyline you wil ...more
Michelle
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything. I've been waiting FOREVER for Staci's story and it was better than I could've imagined. She's everything I want in a female main. Strong. Independent. She won't let Kyle get away with anything - especially lying to her.
And Kyle... nerds are my fav. He's the best kind of nerd. Sweet and sensitive. But he's keeping secrets about both his past and hers from Staci. When it all comes out into the open, will they survive?
Once again, Kimberly Readnour delivers. My favorite rom
Kimberly
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The storyline is engrossing, I could not put the book down. The multiple characters lives that intertwine into Staci and Kyle's life broaden the story and give depth. Although I didn't feel that huge gesture happy ending, the ending seemed more real life. We dont always walk into the sunset but feel content with how things turned out. That's how I feel about this book, I liked how it turned out.

Heather
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC of this book. I really liked this book. I enjoyed the authors style and I really loved the characters. However, the first plot twist I figured out pretty quickly but I think the author intended you too. The second I suspected pretty early on in the book as well. I wish the hints had been a little more clever because I enjoy the mystery aspect of books a lot. I would definitely recommend this book and the author to friends.
Lisa H
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was all kinds of unexpected in the best way.

Staci Lynn swears off men after an epic fail one night stand. Well, a twice epic fail.
Carl or K something fell asleep immediately after the warm up and calling out another name than Staci.
Epic fail.

The very next day, she runs into him twice and ends up working with Kyle.
But they share a past from 15 years ago.
It’s all in the name.
Now, she’s 21 and trying to find a side job while she completes her schooling.

Kyle was hard working, three jobs, tryin
Leisa Ann
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. This story kept me intrigued and I found myself reading”just one more chapter” until late a few nights. Staci and Kyle were relatable characters who I really enjoyed getting to know. I especially appreciated the nod to nurse practitioners as the heroine was in graduate school working toward hers. Hopefully Bree will be next....that poor girl needs a real man!
Pat
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The well flowing plot was well written and well planned and the strongly written characters were very likable, believable and engaging which kept me totally engrossed in the story throughout the entire book!
Melissa
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
They fight so bad and they are opposites but the fire they feel might be their doom or their safe haven.
There's a nice flow to the story, that weaves between the chemistry of Staci and Kyle and the mystery surrounding them.

« previous 1 3 next »
Kimberly Readnour lives in the Midwest with her husband, two children, and a very fluffy cat.

Visions, book one of the Mystical Encounters Series, is a #1 Amazon Kindle bestseller and a 2015 Readers' Favorite book award finalist. Her series, the Mystical Encounters, has spent many weeks on the Amazon's teen and young adult's mysteries and thrillers bestseller's lists.

Kimberly worked as a Registere

Unforeseen Destiny (2 books)
  • Impossible Love (Unforeseen Destiny, #1)