Start by marking “BookBub Ads Expert: A Marketing Guide to Author Discovery” as Want to Read:
BookBub Ads Expert: A Marketing Guide to Author Discovery

BookBub Ads Expert: A Marketing Guide to Author Discovery

From the author of Let's Get Digital and Strangers to Superfans comes a guide to advertising on the world's hottest book marketing platform: BookBub Ads.

*Turn browsers into buyers with the right ad images.
*Attract the right readers with optimized targeting.
*Drive more sales for less money with enhanced bid strategy.
*Learn when to run your BookBub campaigns for maximum impa
Published February 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about BookBub Ads Expert, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BookBub Ads Expert

Ann Omasta
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like many authors, I tried Bookbub ads, lost some money, and quickly stopped. I have been working to build my author business for several years and have taken numerous training courses, spending thousands of dollars. Oops! I mean a hundred or so... in case my husband sees this. I can't believe I never thought to try (or learned in any course) the FANTASTIC ideas in the killer moves section. Those gems alone make the price of this book a steal. I'm so excited to try them out. Having this guide in ...more
E.P.
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I should start with the caveat that I haven't actually tried any of the tricks and tips in this book--yet. I know I need to get serious about trying out BookBub, but frankly it's all so overwhelming and there are so many ways to spend your money when it comes to book marketing. I'd heard that BookBub while go through it like water through a fire hose, which has made me leery.

This book does indeed say that BookBub will run through your budget like nobody's business if you're not careful, but it g
Karen Whooley
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book to help with BookBub no matter your genre

I will be honest, I have been anxiously awaiting this book for some time. Bookbinding and all its features have been a mystery to me. I am a self-published author in the craft industry and could not figure out how BookBub might help me.

This book has changed everything. David Gaughran is not only one of the most knowledgeable in the self-publishing realm, he's honest and forthright in what information he teaches. Not to mention funny! But w
Eldon Farrell
There are so many writer advice books out there, it can all be a little overwhelming. Who do you listen to? Who is offering actual advice or just trying to pad their own ego and make some money on the side? Let me try to help clear some of the confusion by saying David Gaughran is one of the good guys. His expertise should be in top demand. If you aren't already following his stellar blog, what are you waiting for, it's a gold mine.

As is this book. Meticulously researched, and chock full of help
Peter West
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some very detailed advice learnt from experience

This was an excellent guide to all things BookBub - in terms of running your own ads. It answered everything I was wondering about and added a few things to leave me lying awake at night.
With all the good advice I've been given in the last few years, I should be richer than Jef Besos by now - and yet sadly I'm still doing a day job between writing.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility, to master the execution of all these techniques and s
F. Stephan
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writer
this is a very rich book. Like others, I've been working with bookbub for some time now and I'm still feeling my way in it, using as a guide the idea from David previous book in Amazon. And wondering why it doesn't work so well as I'd like.
This books contains a lot of actionnable advices on strategies, on tests that can be implemented, on improvments.
It won't magically solve your issues but you'll have a lot to ponder.

The best for me is that David takes a stand on his advice. This is not a de
Raza
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent resource...

This book is the resource I was looking for to understand BookBub ads.

Chapter 19 is amazing and I see one other author using that strategy with great success - I can’t wait to implement these strategies.

The information is amazing (much of which I’ve never heard before) and it’s written with a lot of humor.

This book is an independent author’s secret weapon.
J.A. Hazel
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful resource and gives a simple and clear plan to cracking BookBub ads. It also has the added bonus of being an entertaining read, narrated in a warm, humorous voice. I'll definitely be utilizing the advice with the pen name series I currently write from. Thanks for sharing your hard-earned knowledge, David. You made learning fun!
Helen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book full of fantastic advice! I've learned some new things along the way, after having committed all the newbie mistakes. I will now try out BookBub ads armed with a lot more knowledge than I had before! I loved the tips at the end, they're things I'd never have thought of. Now I just need to check out all the extras on the website...
William Stacey
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book on a tough marketing nut to crack

BookBub ads are hard to get right. Sometimes I think it’s an impossible platform to use to sell. David has done a fine job breaking it all down. I still may not be able to market with BookBub but at least I feel less blind now. If you’re going to even try BookBub ads read this book.
Cara Bristol
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, nonfiction
You can struggle along losing money on BB ads--or you can read this book. David Gaughran explains what works on BB and what doesn't, and how to design, target, and test your ads. A must read for authors.
Dayne Edmondson
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good guide

I had been doing bookbub ads (all wrong it turns out) for months before this book published. After reading it, I’m re-energized ahead of my future book releases and confident I can apply David’s practices.
Marjorie King
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A concise yet thorough guide. I’ll return to this reference again and again.

Even the bonus resources are kept evergreen on his website. So you won’t need to get version 2, 3, 4 etc. of this book every few months when things change... again. His website page keeps up with the changing details.
Suzannah
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
David Gaughran is the man, and this is a fantastic guide to BookBub ads.
Gregg Akkerman
Liza Street
Mar 06, 2019
Keith Nixon
Feb 26, 2019
David Gaughran lives in Dublin, where the rain comes up from the ground and everyone has pints for hands.

He is the author of the historical adventures Liberty Boy, Mercenary, and A Storm Hits Valparaiso, the short stories If You Go Into The Woods and Transfection as well as the popular writers' books Let's Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should and Let's Get Visible: How To Get Notic