Start by marking “Baking With A Rockstar (A Brooksville Novel Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Baking With A Rockstar (A Brooksville Novel Book 1)

Baking With A Rockstar (A Brooksville Novel Book 1)

A fun, sweet, and sexy romance with a swoon-worthy rockstar and a single mom that will make your heart burst with happiness.

Rockstar Hudson Mitchell is over the glitz and spotlight of the music industry. Desperate for a break from the fast-paced life of fame, he retreats to the one place that has always been home.

Brooksville, California.

It's the same place where Charl

Published February 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Baking With A Rockstar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baking With A Rockstar

Cristina | CristiinaReads
A love story with unexpected twists and turns that will make you swoon over Charlie's sweet charisma and Hudson's warm heart...

After coming back from reading a dark romance, a change of pace was needed for sure. Thank the heavens I had this beauty waiting for me ready to be devoured and snuggled with. I was hooked the instant I read the words "rockstar" and "single mother" because my weakness for single parents romances are always up there as my favorite tropes. And after encountering new auth
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Baking With A Rockstar is my first introduction to the author, Jasmin Miller. First, let’s all gaze at this adorable cover! I feel like this cover pretty well depicts these two characters. They were both adorably sweet, as was their story!

Charlotte (Charlie) Peterson’s life was pretty much turned upside down a year ago in New York. Her grandmother’s best friend, Hannah, came to her rescue and moved Charlie and her baby daughter, Mirabelle (Mira) to Brooksville, California where she lived, to sta
Christy
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_3211_zpsxceltvl6.png

Baking with a Rockstar has got to be the sweetest rockstar romance I’ve ever read. Usually when I hear a book is a rockstar romance I think, sex drugs and rock and roll. This book was not like that at all. This rockstar was swoony, sweet, and had a heart of gold.

Charlie is a single mother who is venturing out to open her own bakery. She’s getting a little help and staying with her grandma’s best friend. All is going well, till she meets the man who owns the house she’s living in. Her fr
Jemima
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oooohhhhh I sure did enjoy reading this book!

Baking with a rockstar was such an adorable read. This was honest a sweet book throughout.

I won't consider this book a true 'rockstar romance' besides the fact that Hudson is a musical hotshot.
Truth of the matter is, Baking with a Rockstar felt more like a small town romance story between a single mom with the world's cutest baby and a rocker that is to-die-for. And not much ROCKSTAR romance that I am used to.

This book was a true romcom....almost a
Stacey is Sassy
A perfectly sweet treat…

I had my own version of Baking with a Rockstar today. I love my baking days and it was a Snickerdoodles and choc chip/M&M cookies, listening to Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters kind of day. For me, it’s a chance to shut out the world, put my headphones on and bake yummy treats. It’s a win-win in our household, my boys leave me to my baking therapy, and they get sweet treats at the end. I completely understood Charlie’s passion for baking, and I agreed with her that it’s
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

descriptiondescription

Charlie was left by her idiot fiancé about a year ago. Now she packed up her sweet 10 month old daugher Mirabelle and fled all the way to California - to live with the bestie of her late grandma. And because she's getting all the babysitting help from Hannah, she can finally fulfill her dream of her own bakery.

Enter Hudson. He's a super famous rockstar. But he's kinda sick of the whole Hollywood/Celebrity lifestyle at the moment - he's lost his muse. Time to go back to his hometown for a while.

T
Carvanz
Wow! I really loved Charlie and Hudson! They each had suffered some pretty rough times in the past and both of them were trying to find their footing as they moved into an uncertain future. What neither of them realized was that with one doughy encounter their lives would be changed forever.

description

This book had so much humor and heart. Charlie was such a fun quirky heroine. She tended to mumble to herself and indulge in too much cake while working through her troubles. Pretty much just like I do. Huds
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Really liked it!

I loved Charlie and Hudson. This story was so sweet and so different from other rockstar romances I’ve read. Its fresh and real. Hudson is so amazing! He’s not your typical rockstar (or what weve come to expect from a rockstar in romance) and I appreciate that so much! He’s sweet, sexy and swoon worthy. Charlie was great too, and her baby Mira was the cutest.

This was such a cute story! I had a great time reading it and highly recommend it if you are looking for a fun, sweet, lo
Amanda Adams Steward
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🍰🍰🍰🍰

Y’all I loved this book. It’s not your typical “rock star” book. It was a slow burn but so sweet Hudson wow he’s every woman’s dream. And Charlie I could see being friends with her. She’s so down to earth. Not often do I get actual butterflies when reading but this one I totally did. And surprises things I didn’t even see coming. So great can’t wait to see if we get more of Hudson’s family. So glad I took a chance on this author this is the first book I’ve read of hers and I can say I am NOW
nikki
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jasmin Miller is going to be a “one to watch” author. She has come out of nowhere with her beautiful words and I think she is definitely going to be on my must read list.
I’m all about the single mum romances at the moment, and this book was just perfect. Add in a swoon worthy rockstar and it just keeps getting better. Charlie and Hudson had incredible chemistry and little Mira will make you melt!
BAKING WITH A ROCKSTAR is a sweet romance story with lots of twists and turns along the way. I cant
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Sweet, sexy and funny! This is a rockstar romance that had me SWOONING and LAUGHING! Add the fact that this book also satisfied my cake addiction and we end up with a seriuously fun read!

Hudson and Charlie meet rather unexpectantly but they fall into a comfortable relationship right away. He helps Charlie with the opening of her bakery in exchange for spending time with her as she is a bit of a muse for him. Their friendship felt so natural but the undercurrent of sexual attraction and chemistry
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Charlie is staying with Hannah, an old lady who helps her open her bakery. She's taking care of her sweet little baby, Mira, who's definitely stealing hearts.

One day she meets Hudson , the famous rockstar who's back in his hometown in need to stay away from all the publicity and lay low for a little while. Hudson is also willing to help Charlie in any way possible and the three of them (baby Mira included) grow closer.

As soon as I read the synopsis of this book, I knew I wanted to read it!! Si
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

descriptiondescription

T
Mandi Morgan
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book on Wattpad. Totally loved this story. So well written that I forgot I didn't buy and that I read on Wattpad for FREE. So good. I loved the characters and would be ecstatic to read more stories about the siblings. Good book!
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
ARC received by author in exchange for an honest review!

This was such a sweet and lovely read!! You simply cannot not fall in love with Charlie and Hudson! They are so adorable sweet!! Also it gave me a craving to bake some things myself so that was fun!
Mira is such a sweet little "baby' she is so adorable you fall in love with her almost instantly!

The journey wasn't all without some drama along the way! It has drama but it doesn't overrule the rest of the story! In the beginning we got some vag
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

Hudson and Charlie's story was quite a sweet one. I loved getting to know these two and watching them fall in love despite the fact they had lead very different lifes until they met. With Hudson being a rockstar and used to the spotlight and Charlie being a recent mom who ran away from the tragedies in her past, at first glance they had little in common but in the end they wanted the same things in life - someone to love and to love them and a happy family. They just had to g
Shannon Moore
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Based on the first few pages of this book, you know baking is going to be heavily involved, which of course I'm all for... Because cake. I like cake. My only issue with all of this was that I wanted to taste test all of the scrumptious treats Charlie was making and I couldn't.

I first read a sample of this book before deciding to go all in, and I was absolutely reading it on my lunch break at work. It's a safe bet to tell you (though I'll deny it to my coworkers), that I snorted at the meet cute
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! Baking with the Rockstar is a heart melting story about finding the love of your life but is more about coming home and finding yourself again after losing who you are. I loved that it was a sweet, fun, charming and easy read. I adored the chemistry between the two main characters and how they have to overcome some hurdles before and during their relationship to get where they want to be.

The chemistry between Charlie and Hudson is undeniable and they pull you in for o
Christy Bailey
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet sweet read! This is the first book I've read by Jasmin Miller but it's most definitely won't be my last! I fell completely in love with the Mitchell family in this book. Hudson has to be the sweetest man ever! And Charlie?... I enjoyed reading through her journey and being able to watch her grow and be the woman she became! This was so beautifully written and I just couldn't get enough. I took a little longer reading this book then I do most but it was in the best of way. I didn't w ...more
Tricia
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baking with a Rockstar was just as sweet as it sounds! Honestly maybe even sweeter than I would typically expect from a rockstar related romance novel, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It was also a nice balance of sweet and heat that shouldn't be too much to keep anyone out of this kitchen.

My absolute favorite things:

1) The characters. Which ones, you ask. ALL. OF. THEM. Omg seriously, can this PLEASE be only the beginning of series set around this awesome group of characters? Most n
Caroline
4 Stars

This was one sweet story, it was such an easy read without the big drama in it.

i didn't know what to expect when i read the blurb, i ain't the biggest fan of like rockstar/actor/famous people books i just can relate to all that fame. But this book was nothing like that, Even if Hudson was a famous rockstar you rarely saw him like that but more like this sweet guy playing house with Charlie and Mira. He was the perfect book boyfriend, he was sweet, always thinking about others, a huge fam
Rose White (WhiteRoseStories)
𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝟰/𝟱

❝It’s both a miracle and a sad truth at the same time—a miracle that we’re born with such an easy instinct to be happy about the simplest things, but also sad that we seem to lose the ability to hold onto that little piece of magic when we have to face the world we live in.❞

Many months back I discovered this story on Wattpad and I immediately fell in love with the characters and words. The author, Jasmin, even became one of the most amazing friends I've ever had. There's no one swee
Mimi
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, intense and emotional.
I love how Charlie is determined, how she never gave up and how strong she is. Life sometimes is unfair with us, but most important thing is to know nothing is forever. This lovely story is more than eyes can see, you can feel the intense determination on her, the love around every person, and how sometimes when we do not expect life finds a way of surprising us.
All characters are very well developed, I can feel some can come (and hope they will) in other sequel wha
Mary
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful feel good story! I really liked this story as well as the characters. Hudson and Charlie are great together proving opposites attract. What a fun story! A rock star who needs a break and a baker who needs a change who meet in a fun way. I really enjoyed everything about this story and loved the ending!
Jeanne Richardson
This is the 2nd book I've read written Jasmin Miller; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Tracey
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It captured my attention from the very beginning. The story is heartwarming, sweet, sexy, funny and so much more. The characters are easy to relate to.

I recommend you read this book to see how the baker and the rockstar meet and where their journey takes them from there. Must read!

Maria Di Pasqua
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a warm hug, it is that comforting sensation when you are wrapped in a cozy blanket and you feel so protected. This is what I felt when I read this story. Two beautiful characters with a surrounding environment that makes you feel so assured. What made me melt most was Hudson’s attitude toward baby Mira. I couldn’t stop drooling every time this hot man looked after Mira. And Charlie? She is an admirable woman, her strength helped her go through a rough time but she is later bles ...more
Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
Ahh! Baking with a Rockstar is a sweet and heartwarming read that will tease your tastebuds and brighten your day. This swoon worthy romance will provoke happiness and joy and give you an unique story that you won’t want to put down. It’s fun, sweet and perfection. With every flip of the page I enjoyed getting to know these characters. Jasmin Miller has completely nailed this book. It’s heartwarming and light. It’s what I needed after reading a book that ripped me to pieces.
Helen Dryburgh
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharlane Naidoo
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read
  • Gone For You (All For You, #1)
  • Judge of Hell (Hell Night, #3)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Fluffy
  • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)
  • Worship (Sinful, #2)
  • On A Silent Night
  • Letting You Go
  • Eyes on Me
  • A Sticky Situation (Awkward Love #7)
  • The King of Jerks
  • My Possessive Billionaire
  • Dream Catcher (Tulsa Thunderbirds, #6)
  • One Night (Butler Cove, #5)
  • Hollywood Prince
  • Iron Trophy
Professional lover of books and writer. I love to read and eat cake (preferably together) and write kissing books. I never miss a chance to fangirl over swoon-worthy characters, so message me on social media, and we can fangirl together. I'm originally from Germany but live in the western US with my husband and three little humans that keep me busy day and night.
“This is my grandson, Hudson Mitchell, the famous rockstar you like to listen to on the radio.
Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit.”
0 likes
“By now it's useless to deny my weakness for anything Hudson. I guess you could say he's my flavor.” 0 likes