Start by marking “Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow” as Want to Read:
Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow

Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow

Effective software teams are essential for any organization to deliver value continuously and sustainably. But how do you build the best team organization for your specific goals, culture, and needs?

Team Topologies is a practical, step-by-step, adaptive model for organizational design and team interaction based on four fundamental team types and three team interaction
Published September 17th 2019 by It Revolution Press

To ask other readers questions about Team Topologies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Team Topologies

Start your review of Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow
Sebastian Gebski
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've openly criticized recent MS's book (the one about sketching) - as half-arsed, rushed & shallow.
I've speculated that one of the reasons could be that he was working (in parallel) on something else - "Team Topologies" - and TBH after reading it ... I feel like my guesses were correct.

Just because TT is so much better.

Good points. Good conceptual model (that appears comprehensive enough). Some very good remarks & references (e.g. to McChrystal or theory of org. structures). This books
Brice Beard
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Formatted review at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/stream...

Team Topologies provides deep insight into organizing IT teams for high performance. It demonstrates why a team centric approach is critical to DevOps and Agile success.

For anyone leading team(s) or simply working in a team, you’re bound to learn a lot through the case studies and synthetic approach presented. You will acquire a new frame of reference to help evolve your team(s) or organization and improve Teamwork !

Software
Valerie
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super interesting book for those tasked with organizational design. Filled with insights on how to structure your organization’s teams in a scalable way that both optimizes for delivery and takes a human-centered approach.

The writing was very dry — a bit white paper-ish — and could’ve used many more real-world examples to support the concepts they propose. Regardless, I found their lens for thinking about teams to be extremely valuable.
Kristjan
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clear and well captures the topic.
Ricardo Hernández
Perhaps one of the best technical -and not yet technical- books that I have read about software development and organizational development. Parting from concise theory, they authors offers proven ways to plan, design, develop and nurture teams that align with business objectives, technical architecture and development flows. Taking Conway’s Law as backbone to sustain their their, Skelton and Pais are defining here what its was missed from the DevOps revolution: people and the ever complex ...more
Mac
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for anyone who wants high performing software organizations. It has instructions for one who must think about both the software and organization architecture - both as these two are inherently tied in software organizations.

It gives you some clear and practical structures for how to organize the organization, and what not just the structure will look like but the interaction between the teams. It's clearly systems thinking in action.

There's several tenants that it uses for
Matt
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: computers
I read little non-fiction. This one was quite relevant to what we’re doing at work, though, and my boss recommended it highly.

I found the book fascinating. It lays out a straightforward approach to organizing software teams and outlining patterns of communication among them. I kept trying to think through how this might look at our organization.

I do expect that we will at least be inspired by the ideas in this book, and it will be nice to have this background material in my head.
Ram Sethumathavan
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is good book to understand how the organization can be structured to deliver business value with less friction across cross functional teams. As most of the industry analysts talk about Product based organization but don't go into specific problems in real world. The authors have provided guidance on how to tackle real world organizational challenges.
Łukasz Słonina
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're building organizations then this book is for you, author proposes four team topologies as a building block for every organization, describes interactions between them and many more. Principle behind this is Conway’s Law. Very good content, but it is hard to read in places, a bit like a textbook.
Robert
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you manage technology teams, stop what you are doing and read this book. Very detailed and backed up by data and case studies. If everyone read this, engineering teams would run so much smoother. Best business/tech book I’ve read all year.
Denis Romanovsky
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book tries to classify teams and relations between them. The attempt is good, though, could be a bit deeper. Another good thing is the attempt to explain team dynamics within one team and teams in relations. Definitely good food for thought!
Gopi
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Insights

Clear and concise guidance on organizing teams for maximizing flow of value. Draws on other great works such as Accelerate, DevOps community etc.
Damien
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot recommend Team Topologies enough to people having to work on team organization. This is well thought and justified. A must read.
Nikolay Theosom
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
it was surprisingly low BS work
Scott Anderson
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting book around how you organize for SCRUM / DEVOPS. The author had opinions about many decisions facing our organization today.
Luis Dujovne Fischman
Better than I expected

A great book for guidance, not prescriptive, but rather shows paths so you can decide what’s best for your company
Kasia

• Stillness Is the Key
  • The Infinite Game
  • Thinking in Systems: A Primer
  • Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & flow
  • The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation, and Growth
  • Project to Product: How to Survive and Thrive in the Age of Digital Disruption with the Flow Framework
  • War and Peace and It: Business Leadership, Technology, and Success in the Digital Age
  • What You Do Is Who You Are: How to Create Your Business Culture
  • Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World
  • The Making of a Manager: What to Do When Everyone Looks to You
  • Outcomes Over Output: Why customer behavior is the key metric for business success
  • The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
  • Testing Business Ideas
  • Transforming NOKIA: The Power of Paranoid Optimism to Lead Through Colossal Change
  • Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »