Start by marking “Two Like Me and You” as Want to Read:
Two Like Me and You

Two Like Me and You

Edwin Green's ex-girlfriend is famous. We're talking cover-of-every-tabloid-in-the-grocery-store-line famous. She dumped Edwin one year ago on what he refers to as Black Saturday, and in hopes of winning her back, he's spent the last twelve months trying to become famous himself. It hasn't gone well.

But when a history class assignment pairs Edwin with Parker Haddaway, the
Published May 20th 2019 by Borne Back Books

To ask other readers questions about Two Like Me and You, please sign up.
Chad Gibbs I wasn't familiar with "A Little Romance," but after reading the synopsis on wikipedia I want to watch it now. Both stories take partly take place in…moreI wasn't familiar with "A Little Romance," but after reading the synopsis on wikipedia I want to watch it now. Both stories take partly take place in France, but from what I can tell that is where the similarities end. (less)

Nicole ❤
“So hypothetically, if someone had an opportunity to win back the love of his life, an opportunity of, let’s call it, questionable legality, should he take it?”
📖Two Like Me and You 📖
🖋Chad Alan Gibbs
Pre-order * Kobo

📚 Series: No.
📚 Genre: Young Adult (Fame/Adventure/Coming of Age)
📚 POV: First person.
📚 Cliffhanger: No.

⚠ Content Warnings: Use of guns. Kidnapping/Abduction. World War II Stories.
⚠ Read if: you are in need of a funny feel-good YA adventure. Think: John Green-ish.

🌹

Two Like M
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Check out all my reviews over on The Bent Bookworm!*~

Two Like Me and You is a quirky, funny debut novel about two teenagers trying to navigate their own mental and emotional growing pains, and their quest to help an old man find the girl he lost in the chaos of World War II. I was a bit skeptical of the tone of the book at first, but soon it becomes apparent that Edwin, our narrator, just has a rather anxiety-filled yet still somehow irreverent way of looking at life. And that he’s still not
Zøe Haslie
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
· “If you’re not too long, I will wait for you here all my life.” ·

*I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Reading this book was an epic adventure! I had a great feeling about this since I read the blurp on Netgalley and I decided to request a copy right away and—oh, boy! It was, as the French would say, très magnifique!

Behind every crazy idea, there’s an even crazier couple of individuals—in this case, Garland and Parker. (To be honest, I can’t quite decide which one of th
Rachel Penate
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot rave about this book enough! It's so stinking cute and laugh out loud funny, yet it possesses a depth to it that is so needed in the genre of YA novels.

So grateful to have won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. Will definitely be recommending this one to everyone I can.
Megan Barnes 7
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Won this book in a giveaway. Super excited to read this! The blurb sounds very promising! I will update this review once I have finished reading.
FanFiAddict
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

Edwin Green’s ex-girlfriend is famous. We’re talking cover-of-every-tabloid-in-the-grocery-store-line famous. She dumped Edwin one year ago on what he refers to as Black Saturday, and in hopes of winning her back, he’s spent the last twelve months trying to become famous himself. It hasn’t gone well.

But when a history class assignment pairs Edwin with Parker Haddaway, the mysterious new girl at school, she introduces him to Garland Lenox, a nursing-home-bound World War II ve
Aisling
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this utterly charming, laugh out loud book about a nerdy high schooler falling out of love and back in love while doing a crazy good deed. Mr Gibbs has a great way with words, phrases and dialogue, his characters are larger than life but oh so likeable. Excellent for teens to geriatrics. A feel good book that will make you laugh and cry. 5 very enthusiatic stars.
Christer Saimon Perez
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two like Me and You is the feel-good YA novel that the year 2019 needs. And that's the statement.

Before I jump with my review for this book, let me just extend my gratitude to Chad Alan Gibbs and Victory Editing for writing and publishing this gem. Huge thanks also to NetGalley for approving my request to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Two like Me and You is like a fresh fruit juice you suddenly had in your hand after a week of walking in the desert. Yeah, this book is definitely
emily
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
arc received from netgalley!

I overall enjoyed this book. It was fun and fast paced, but it’s definitely not a book that I’ll remember in five months.

The plot was definitely unrealistic. I know it’s fiction but there were just so many parts that really did not make sense and I just couldn’t picture happening in real life.

As for characters, I loved Edwin. He was awkward and it just made me smile. Sadie was literally irrelevant and was only used to persuade Edwin to go to Paris when in reality I t
Stacey
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Two Like Me and You" is such a fun and entertaining book! I'd like to thank NetGalley for a copy of this book to read and review. This is the story of three unlikely people who come together for the adventure of a lifetime...and boy does this adventure have heart. Parker is the girl most likely to beat you up if you ask her on a date. Edwin Green is known for having his heart broken by his ex-girlfriend who ran away to be a movie star/singing star. Parker and Edwin get together for a class proj ...more
Mary S. R.
I received an ARC through NetGalley for an honest review. Many thanks to Borne Back Books!

Kaili Taghon  (Entertainingly Nerdy)
I always enjoy YA books like this where someone gets out of there comfort zone and does something exciting. Two like me and you is very well written and I never wanted to put it down!
Toya
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great coming of age novel filled with humor and one hell of an adventure!

Full review to come.
David Shirk
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If John Hughes and Bill Bryson had a love child it would be Chad Alan Gibbs.

Gibbs is author of multiple books, award-winning humor columnist, and — in the interest of disclosure — my long-time friend.

Can you trust me to review my friend’s book?

Can I trust that you, a total internet stranger, are not a French policeman or that you don’t read Sadie Evans tabloids?

I suppose, then, we should choose to trust each other.

Two Like Me and You is Gibbs’s debut novel, a comedic love story revolving around
Jennifer Shanahan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-giveaways
Oh my GOD this is one of the best books I have read in a long time. This book deserves TEN stars!!!! What a great story. Edwin Green lives in a small town in Alabama. He was dumped by his now famous ex who got famous by posting you-tube videos and being spotted on a kiss-cam at a baseball game kissing him. She is famous for nothing, as people get famous for now-a-days. That part is SO real. Edwin is chosen by new mysterious, fellow student, the gorgeous Parker to interview an elderly person abou ...more
Sassy Southern
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Edwin Green has been on a downward spiral since getting dumped by the now famous Sadie Evans. His GPA is declining and he will do anything he can to get Sadie’s attention again.
Parker Haddaway is the new girl at school and is partnered up with Edwin for a class assignment on
interviewing people from World War II. She knows exactly the right person to ask for the assignment and the two find themselves at a local old age home interviewing Garland Lenox.
But Garland is prepared to give the two of the
Gerardo Delgadillo
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars

I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, take a minute to enjoy TWO LIKE ME AND YOU’s cover … Done? It’s cool, isn’t it?

Let’s start from the start, which, sorry to say, felt like backstory. It’s the case of a novel taking off in the wrong place. The story really kicks off around the fifteen-percent mark, when our heroes meet Garland. That’s a lot of reading before getting to the gist of the story, but I didn’t DNF’ed and survived.

Once we meet the old m
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I am trying to figure out exactly what it was about this book that made me adore it so much that I couldn't put it down. It was not what I expected and yet better than I hoped it would be. Edwin has been spending the past year trying to get over the girl who broke his heart and dumped him as she rose to reality TV fame. Enter Parker, misfit and mysterious girl who ends up paired up with Edwin for a project that involves interviewing a veteran. Enter Garland, a WWII Vet who will change both of th ...more
Kelli Ann
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of Two Like Me and You through NetGalley. This book will be released on 05/20/19, published by Borne Back Books.

The book follows Edwin Green, Parker Haddaway, and Garland Lenox. Edwin is your typical nerdy teenager, complete with low self-esteem. This is made worse by the break-up he suffered at the hands of his first girlfriend, who now happens to be a famous celebrity. Parker and Edwin join forces for a history project, where she introduces him to Garland. Garland talks them
Alyssa
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced reader's copy of Two Like Me and You in exchange for an honest review.
Two Like Me and You is a coming of age story that almost felt reminiscent of a John Green novel to me. It is the story of Edwin, a teenager who is going through a break-up after his girlfriend suddenly became famous. He becomes paired with Parker, the new girl in school, for a history project. Parker introduces him to Garland Lennox to interview for their project, who is in a nursing home
Tamara Morning
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Two Like Me and You
Author: Chad Alan Gibbs
Genre: YA
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Edwin Green’s still not over his ex-girlfriend. She’s famous. Like, really famous, everyone-knows-her-name famous. They split up a year ago—on Black Saturday—and Edwin’s been plotting to get her back ever since. His plan: to get famous, too. That’s not working out too well, so he’s stuck in high school, surrounded by idiots.

Until he ends up paired with mysterious new girl Parker Haddaway on a history project. She intro
Jheelkamal Nayak
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
An amazing roller coaster story of lost love, of an adventure and of doing right. It had everything a book needs to have and more. There were tales of extreme bravery that no one could make up, slightly illegal breaking out, car chases, romantic scenes and not the clingy making you puke kinda but the good ones which make you feel alive and live there in the pages of the book, homourous narrative, colorful characters and beautiful writting.
The story is told from the perspective of lovestruck and
Amalie_reads
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a unique story and something I haven’t come across before which is always refreshing. The plot was exciting and fun.

For me it started off a little slow but once once I started getting into it I couldn’t put it down.

I loved Parker’s personality, she’s confident, quirky and fiercely independent. Edwin has been spending his time pining over his now famous ex girlfriend Sadie. They meet Garland a WWII veteran who convinced them to take him to Paris to search for his long lost love an
Jackie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Someone else mentioned John Green vibes...and I totally agree! While reading, I told my boyfriend this was a less pretentious John Green (no offense to JG lovers; I love JG). Another similarity, besides the writing style, is they're both authors with first-hand experience living in Alabama.

This is one of the better examples of teenage perspectives that I've read in a long time. And Frank reminds me of my own granddad. The book also tackles the modern mindset that fame is easy to come by, and th
Julie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA, adult fiction fans, fans of WWII, fans of romance, fans of action books
I can't say enough about this novel. I literally alternated between tearing up and laughing out loud from the fifth page through the last. It's Ferris Bueller meets The English Patient. Two high schoolers and a 90 year old "dementia patient" from a nursing home go on a trip together that took all three down very different paths as a result of their time in France. A terrific YA novel. Possibly enjoyed even more by fans of adult fiction.

This one's a winner! The hijinx and emotion will stay with
Jordan
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received a Digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This reminded me of John Green's "Paper Towns" with Ally Carter's Heist Society books. It was a very quick read that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I loved Edwin and Parker's banter, and absolutely adore Garland, and know you will too. The friendship that Edwin and Parker have with Garland is truly endearing, and something we need more of in our disconnected world.

Looking forward to reading more by Chad Alan Gibbs!
Dede Janzen
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about two teenagers that meet at school. One teenager's aunt works at that local nursing home and she befriends one of the resident. The resident wants to go to France to find the love of his live he met during WWII. The two teenagers "kidnap" the resident and go on a wild goose chase to France. Outwitting authorities and becoming closer friends. Read the book to find out about the great adventures these three have. Funny with some romantic notions. A good light read.
Genni Piatt
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a phenomenal book! Parker, Edwin, and Garland go on a whirlwind adventure to France in search of Garland's lost love from the war. Edwin is motivated to go to attract the attention of his ex-girlfriend who is now a B list celebrity. Parker's motives are unclear at first, but no matter the reason why it's obvious she's devoted to the cause. I loved Parker and Edwin getting to know each other. I loved Garland telling his story. I could read this again and again.
Steven Presley
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chad Gibbs has done it again--this time with a different genre! I was totally engrossed in the story and once I started this book, found it difficult to put it down. The characters were well developed and unpredictable, there was typical "Chad Gibbs tongue-in-cheek humor", and the depth of the story arc continued to draw me in. Furthermore, I loved the setting of the last half of the novel in France. Read this book--for a touch a humor, some romance, insights into relationships, and more!
Meghan Carpenter
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A seamless blend of outlandish stories, WWII, and love, this book was a quick, but enjoyable read! I was sent an ARC of Two for Me and You in exchange for my honest opinion and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The first person perspective is immersive and the short chapters keep pacing moving forward. I loved Edwin as a character, and getting inside his head was so fun! This is a book I will be rereading in the future and that I will be suggesting for all my YA contemporary-reading friends.
« previous 1 3 next »
Chad Alan Gibbs lives in Alabama with his wife, two sons, two dogs, and an embarrassingly large collection of Star Wars action figures. Two Like Me and You is his first novel.
“It dawned on me I'd never considered the possibility she didn't talk to people because she was weird as hell, but that was my new working theory.” 1 likes
“The pain is always worth it, son, so promise me, promise me you'll never give up on love.” 1 likes