Start by marking “My Secret Lies With You” as Want to Read:
My Secret Lies With You

My Secret Lies With You

Three close friends. Two unforgettable summers. One girl's darkest secret.

Alys appeared last summer, and then she vanished without a trace. Cait's new in town and she needs to know the truth: Who is Alys?

"A tantalizing story of summer, secrets and deep unease" - Sue Wallman, author of Lying About Last Summer
Published June 13th 2019 by Usborne Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about My Secret Lies With You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Secret Lies With You

Start your review of My Secret Lies With You
Hillary
Apr 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, contemporary
Am I condemned to dislike all books I manage to get arcs of?

This is one of the few times I don't really know what to do with the rating. I initially gave this book 1 star because I didn't enjoy anything about it, but I also felt pretty neutral towards it as it was so underdeveloped. I usually reserve 1 star ratings for books I really didn't like, but this one didn't give me any strong emotion. So, I'll probably treat this as I treat early dnfs, even though I read the entire thing.

This is a very
Lucy - Brilliant Monsters
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Secret Lies With You - Faye Bird

The cover and title are both a great choice. The blues, reds and the big glitchy font, reflect the story within, a great summer read full of mystery.

Cait is reluctantly heading off to Wales with her mum and her mum’s new boyfriend. She is still coming to terms with her father’s death and is desperate to avoid spending time on holiday with them.

So when Marco next door invites her to join him and his friends, she jumps at the chance. Cait soon finds out that the
Dimitar Iliev
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Odio goodreads, me ha borrado la reseña.

No voy a volver a escribirla, me quedó bien pero me da muchísima rabia que se perdiese.

En resumen, un libro muy ameno e interesante, engancha muchísimo.

Nota: 8/10
Nivedita Dhar
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well, I am quite a lot disappointed with this book. I agreed to accept this book because I felt it’s a mysterious novel, but it has ended up nothing like mystery or suspenseful.
The story starts with Cait, who came to Wales with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend. She never wanted to come for this vacation, but she had to come and from the very first day to until the end, she disappointed her mom by hating her boyfriend Johnny which I felt little irritating. While exploring the area she met
helena
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hannah
3.5 stars. I received this ARC from Faye Bird, who is lovely, and I really enjoyed it. It was a classic summer contemporary thriller - quick and easy to get through. I might read some more Faye Bird as I liked the writing style - I know her books are available at the library.
Rutuja Ramteke
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌸My Secret Lies With You By Faye Bird🌸
Three close friends… Two unforgettable summers… One girl’s deepest secret…
Alys appeared last summer, and then she vanished without a trace.
Ifan fell in love with her.
Hannah hated her.
And Marko regrets what they did.
📚My thoughts: I have been in love with YA for a while now & I admire the amazing characters in them. When, I was 10 or so, I had actually read one of the book dealing with friends & summers but I just don't the name. Well, this book is solid comb
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Actual rating 2.5 stars

Thankyou to Usborne Publishing for providing me with a copy of My Secret Lies With You, in exchange for an honest review.

Cait doesn't want to be on holidays in Wales with her mum and her mum's new boyfriend, she wishes she was on holidays with her friend in Ibiza or anywhere warm and fun.  So when she meets the boy next door on her first day, she decides to hang out with him and his friends at a party.  As the days go on, her new friends don't seem to want to talk about th
stefiereads
Dec 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Alyce Hunt
Jul 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
"If I explain it, I don't think it'll make any sense."

That quote pretty much sums up how I feel about My Secret Lies With You. Marketed as a YA thriller, I was expecting to be gripped by some summery drama á la Sue Wallman's Lying About Last Summer or Siobhan Vivien and Jenny Han's Burn For Burn trilogy, but instead I discovered a weird contemporary that didn't seem thought through in the slightest.

Cait is on holiday with her mum and her mum's new boyfriend Jonny when she meets Marko, Ifan and
Pauli Geist
May 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Vanessa
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Beth
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A contemporary thriller that just had me gripped from the beginning.

It was so enjoyable this book and I just didn't want to put it down once I started it. 3 friends find themselves caught up in something. Something much bigger than most of them can handle. We follow the 3 friends and Cait the new girl. Alys is a mystery to us and it is fascinating to read about all these characters, about their pasts, their lies and what that summer did to them. A girl is missing and Cait is determined to find o
Isabella
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Zoe James-williams
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A mysterious girl Alys appeared one summer only to vanish without a trace. This summer Cait arrives for a holiday in Wales mourning the loss of her father while dealing with her mother's new boyfriend. Told from four perspectives this is a classic whodunnit with a twist in the tale. Secrets and lies, friendships and family, love and loss are intertwined in this fast-paced thriller. A perfect summer read for fans of Pretty Little Lies and Riverdale.
Pippa
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I think that it was a very good book (please note it’s very short and can be finished within a day) the whole plot drags along a bit, some parts are boring (i suppose every book has boring parts) but this one didn’t have many exciting moments, however would still recommend this for girls & boys aged 8-12. ...more
Courtney-Paige
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
The mystery aspect of this is the only reason I am giving it 2 stars. And that is being generous as the ending fell really flat.
Hated the characters (besides Cait), they were all annoying and their personalities were all over the place. Also, Ifan was a complete weirdo, being completely attached/enthralled with Alys.
Tamsin Winter
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the beautiful setting, the friendships were real and intriguing, and most of all I could not figure out what had happened! A perfect summer YA mystery/thriller with a little dollop of realistic and brilliantly written romance. I am a sucker for a multi-narrative and this is a total page turner.
Charlie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I don't really know what to say about this book. It was barely a mystery, let alone a thriller. It's an odd contemporary that feels rushed (especially when talking about the 'romance' aspect) and the plot was incredibly weak. I was hoping for a gripping thriller, and I got a broody teen drama. Sigh.
Elsa Williams ✰
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Quick and fun read! :) Definitely not the best but still enjoyed it. It was a bit bland and boring but easy and pleasurable to read. Wouldn’t particularly reread or recommend. The ending was kind of disappointing to be honest.
Nancy
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the book. I read it in a day.
I felt like I was there in the beautiful surroundings. I could almost smell the ocean. The way the friendships were described felt real to me.
A story abour friendship and how you can keep a secret
Kerri Jones
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice little YA mystery set in a coastal town in Northern Wales with all the angst of teens, a little romance and the mystery that surrounds it all.
Trisha
parallel time lines, mysterious disappearances, summer read, family dysfunction.
Eleanor Wroath
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just discovered this author.
Highly recommend!!
Vanessa
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Not bad
Emma
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I first discovered Faye’s books when I went to my first author event as a librarian, it was an exciting moment being a blogger and librarian. I bought both of her books and devoured them instantly, so gripping and thrilling, Faye’s latest book My Secret Lies With You is no exception. This book was totally addictive and definitely what I needed last weekend. I read it practically in one sitting.

Cait is on holiday in Wales for the first time since my her dad died. Along with her mum and her new pa
Lorna Holland
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, young-adult
Full review now live as part of the blog tour: https://www.thewritinggreyhound.co.uk...

Alternating between past and present, with the events of two summers spliced together, My Secret Lies With You tells the tale of how three friends find themselves caught up in something much bigger than they ever could have imagined.

Arriving from London for a holiday in North Wales with her mum and her mum's new boyfriend, Cait soon finds herself thrown headfirst into unravelling the events of last summer, al
ashortbooklover
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I was intrigued by the synopsis and wanted to try out a new YA mystery. Safe to say, I was not disappointed by this gripping summer read. However it does make it hard to review, as I don’t want to give any of this page-turning mystery away.

I really liked Cait’s perspective and how authentic she felt, especially when grappling with her inner conflicts. Also, I love a multi-narrative and the sprinkle of realistic romance that Bird added to the plot was really enjoyable.

The setting was nicely writt
Kayleigh Tully

• Harrow Lake
  • The Stolen Ones
  • The Sharp Edge of a Snowflake
  • The Garden of Lost Secrets
  • Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #2)
  • Wonderland
  • The Pieces of Ourselves
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
Faye writes fiction for young adults. Before becoming a writer she worked as a literary agent representing screenwriters in film and TV. She studied Philosophy and Literature at Warwick University, but has otherwise always lived in London, and still does now. Her second novel, What I Couldn’t Tell You, will be published on 1 May 2016.