Start by marking “No, No, Nora!” as Want to Read:
No, No, Nora!

No, No, Nora!

Nora is a not-so-big cat who shares her not-so-big house with a woman, a man, and a sharp-eyed boy. She alone knows that the legendary cheese thief Gustave has invaded the house. The harder Nora tries to protect her family, the more they believe her to be naughty and destructive. But when marauding aliens descend upon the not-so-big town, only Nora's little cat powers can ...more
Published April 1st 2019 by Sleepy Cat Press

To ask other readers questions about No, No, Nora!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No, No, Nora!

Etienne
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
A cat story… Not bad in any way, but I can’t say I really enjoy it either. Too light for my personal taste. But maybe younger readers and cat lovers might enjoy it a bit.
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I just adore book about pets, so I couldn't resist this one when I saw it. That cover looked cute, and the blurb piqued my interest. Pets who protect their families even though those families may not see it until the end? Sign me up. I want to see what kind of things the kitty does to save his family.

We meet Nora and read how she loves sleeping and getting compliments... because when she is awake she doesn't get those. Oh no, ap
La Coccinelle
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
This book just isn't for me. I struggled with it even when it was just a book about a cat who gets in trouble for trying to protect the house and its contents from a wily mouse. But I was completely unable to find any love for this book after the aliens came into the picture. That part was just so silly, nonsensical, and contrived that I couldn't understand the point of it all.

Why are the aliens "dishonest"? We're told this more than once, but they appear to simply be harvesting natural resource
Ellen Schneider
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This little cat pounced right into my heart with her determination to protect her family from ferocious threats like bugs and aliens. She’s such a good little cat with a huge spunky spirit, not unlike a lot of super kids I know. The vivid descriptions and darling illustrations make this a kids book parents will love reading together with their children. Wonderful for growing readers too. I’ve bought copies to give to all of the little book lovers in my life!
Susan Johnston
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Princess Fuzzypants here: As a kitty myself, let me say this: Nora’s humans do not deserve her. Here she is doing her best trying to save her family and home from threats and all they do is scold her. Harrumph. Clearly they need to be taken before the Kitty Council and severely chastised for their errant behaviour. It is not Nora at fault. It is the humans- as it always is.
On the other paw, it is an entertaining story of a brave kitty who defends her home and humans. The drawings are delightful
Goodreads Librari...: Please fix author spelling and add cover image 4 19 Apr 01, 2019 05:48PM
D.M. DARROCH is a cat lady with a gardening disorder. She also scribbles quirky novels that may or may not include aliens, cyborgs, mastodons, inventors, cave people, and robotic dogs. When she isn't dreaming up fantastical worlds, you might meet her on a hiking trail in the beautiful Pacific Northwest where she shares her life with the most considerate man on the planet and the boy with one billi ...more