Start by marking “Ghost (Linear Tactical #5)” as Want to Read:
Ghost (Linear Tactical #5)

Ghost

(Linear Tactical #5)

Everyone eventually breaks under torture.

It’s a truth elite solider and government agent Dorian Lindstrom, codename Ghost, knows firsthand. His body may have recovered from what was done to him in that Afghani prison six years ago, but his mind…not quite so much.

He’s seeing dead people.

Published May 21st 2019 by Calamity Jane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost

Susan
I have been looking forward to Dorian's story since the first book, and I was not disappointed. I saved it to read on a transatlantic flight, and I have never had one go by so fast! Dorian intrigued me from the first book. He is an integral part of the Linear Tactical team, but he also holds himself a bit apart. He is always there when he is needed, but works quietly in the background. Bits and pieces of his story were revealed in earlier books. He is haunted by his past and suffers from severe ...more
Julie Miller
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Dorian is my favorite kind of hero--twisted up inside, but fighting his demons to be good, caring, courageous and protective of those he cares about. When I read the first Linear Tactical book, CYCLONE, Dorian Lindstrom was a big, strong loner who leaped off the page as a supporting character-and I've been anticipating his story ever since. Ms. Crouch did not disappoint. It was intensely emotional, jam-packed with action, and very satisfying.

Dorian and Ray's relationship is co
Marci Mathers
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has been a difficult review to write because I have been anxiously awaiting for Dorian's story since the beginning of the Linear Tactical series. Now that it's finally here, it's darker and more intense than I expected.

And way better than I ever thought it could be.

For me, it comes down to the fact that not all heroes wear pure white hats. Things aren't always black and white and the grays can get very dark. If you can't handle that simple truth, Ghost might not be the book for you. If yo
S Paschal
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ghost has been living a difficult life since his imprisonment and torture in an Afghani prison. He lost the woman he loved, was imprisoned, and almost lost his mind in the ensuing weeks. He's finally rebuilt a life for himself - working with his military friends now in the civilian world. While he still has to deal with his PTSD at times, life is pretty good. He has a job he enjoys and men who are closer to him than brothers. The loss of Grace still haunts him, however, and he maintains a solita ...more
Kari
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ghost was everything I hoped for and more! Ray is my favorite female character in Janie's Linear Tactical series so far. She is so so right for Dorian. Her personal journey back to him...wow! Dorian and Ray are two utterly broken people, betrayed by the job they believed in. Each has so much to overcome but both are born protectors who find a way to mesh who they once were with who they have become. I loved their romance and the delicious tension Janie builds as their past brings danger and dist ...more
Darcy
Dorian has been a bit of a dark horse through out the series, so it was nice to see more of his in this book. After reading this book I'm stunned to learn about his past and that of his Wraith's past. These two have been wrong so very badly. I'm glad that by the end of the book they have the Linear family to stand strong with them because they deserve every bit of happiness they have found.
Sandy Nikolas
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Difficult....

I’ve loved all of these stories. Dorien and Ray’s was hard. I really had some difficulty moving past some of what happens at the beginning. Even knowing why, it was hard. This is a very hard fought HEA and almost feels more like HFN.
Sophie Ruthven
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew this book was going to be epic but it blew my expectations out of the water.
So much happens in this book I can't say much but wow, every book in the LT series gets better and better, the stuff covered in this one fascinates me and I can't wait to read more of it in the next book.
Would give Ghost more stars if I could.
Iman
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reads like a James Bond or impossible mission movie ,I could not put it down !
Robyn
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gosh, I don’t even know what to say about this story other than it was freaking AMAZING! I have been desperately anticipating Ghost’s story ever since I read the first book in Janie Crouch’s Linear Tactical series and this is hands down the best yet by Crouch.

Dorian “Ghost” Lindstrom is an integral member of the Linear Tactical team, but he has demons inside of himself that cause him to go away for months at a time in the woods to be alone. Six years ago he witnessed the love of his life, Grace
Erin
Shelves: 2019
I needed a personal day after finishing this book to deal with my book hangover. Janie Crouch has given Dorian the story he so richly deserved, and done so with such vivid emotions and heartfelt emotions that the reader is left overwhelmed by the awesome power of this book. This is the fifth book in the Linear Tactical series. Technically, this book could be a stand alone; but don’t do the disservice of only reading Dorian’s story-read all of them!

I’m not sure how to categorize the plot...alpha
Miki
This was first published on my blog " Lecture toute une Avenhture

Fabulous rollercoaster of feelings, i couldn't put it down.
I loved Dorian since the beginning of the story as he is the most damaged member of the team but still determined to be there for his friends and brothers. We learnt that he was tortured before in the story but in this book we get a deeper insight into what he was submitted to and i just admire him even more now as i'm sure few could do as well as he is doing and still
Dísir
I’m in a bind.

What do you do, when the basis of romance—the believable pairing of 2 characters you need to root for and believe in—doesn’t quite work for you, even though the premise of the story itself is quite intriguing?

If I were to approach ‘Ghost’ from a non-romantic perspective, then the whole covert-spying, black-ops stuff with tons of brain-washing involved is one that can—and did—keep me on my toes. I loved the twists and turns; rather, I liked how Janie Crouch didn’t simply stop but
Books and Spoons
Wow. Just wow.
This story will stay in your mind, hunt your dreams, and make an imprint to your heart cause Dorian and Grace will take your breath away. The pain they have experienced shattered my heart. The loss of control, the constant distress, consequences of the past torment is unimaginable.
Ghost still has the same vibe, the same brotherhood, the connection - if not stronger - between the military brothers, Linear Tactical, than in the previous books. But it is darker with the danger and m
Debbie Benson
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as part of an ARC review. I really enjoyed it. I'm glad Dorian got his own story as well as the woman he always wanted even if she had to come back from the dead. Dorian was sure Grace was killed in the explosion just before he was captured and had to endure 41 days of torture. It is revealed that his torture was a saving grace for Dorian but I won't spoil the surprise of how that was. I will just say read the book, you'll not regret it. Grace comes back as Ray and she is tr ...more
April Symes
Ghost by Janie Crouch is a powerful 2nd chance romance that is so much more. I have been waiting to read Ghost aka Dorian's story for awhile now and it is truly one that will require tissues. Dorian's story is darker, starker and full of the rawness and intensity that the feelings this story does evoke.
Without giving any spoilers away, Grace who is his "dead" love and she's back. Her return isn't viewed as a good thing necessarily. Grace has spent the last 6 years wishing she could have a redo
Anne Donaldson
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know that I even have the words to review this book. Ray/Wraith warned about the fire in Angel, and the reader finally meets her here. Dorian/Ghost has believed her dead since he was captured in Afghanistan, so assumes that his sensing her is another manifestation of his unstable mind. The sheer mental and emotional strength of Dorian and Ray is breathtaking – literally. Dorian withstood imprisonment and torture in an Afghani prison; the horrors Ray has experienced and been forced to com ...more
Book Him Danno
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read the other books in the Linear Tactical series though Kindle Unlimited I was up to date on the characters and different story lines. Readers new to this series should go back to the first two books to understand who Ghost is and why he is different.

Ghost is the best of the series with action, a really fast pace story that will have readers hooked until the last page wondering who is controlling Grace and the other "Dead Men".

The story has the ability to have readers really connect wit
Tanja Kezmic
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads
You know that feeling when you can't wait to get your hands on a book and you have all this expectations but then you read the book and it's even better than you hoped?? This was that kinda book for me.

I was drawn to Dorian since book one. His quite presence in the previous books had me sitting at the end of my seat bursting with need to see how his story plays out. And Ray was his perfect match. I loved her strength and how she fought to keep her demons at bay. They might had huge obstacles to
Dana
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌟🌟4.5🌟🌟

I’m still processing everything I’ve “experienced” in reading Ghost’s story.

The emotions are right there!!! Ghost is Dorian....we finally get the story of what he went through....oh goodness!!! My heart broke!!!! Grace is such a strong and determined woman!! I have to say that I LOVE a heroine who can hold her own with the guys and Grace....yeah she can do all that and way more!!!

I always know when I start reading a book from Ms. Crouch I am not going to be disappointed. The pace is cons
Shannon Stuckey
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I have been waiting for Dorian's story since the beginning of this series and Janie Crouch did not disappoint! Ghost was full of the suspense that I have come to crave from Janie Crouch and the sizzling chemistry between Dorian and Ray definitely did not disappoint. Both Dorian and Ray's past have left them broken but their love was strong enough to piece each other back together. Definitely a must read!
Patricia
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow this was a tough story to read but a good one. He thought she was died but she has been watching him. then she tells him that someone is killing everyone that was involved in a mission. I did not know wither to like her or not. if you like reading suspense with steamy romance you will like the story, this one goes a lot deeper into what can happen to people in secret missions. I was given a copy of the story but this is an honest review.
Donna Dawson
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ghost is another winner in the Linear Tactical Series! The thing I love the most about Janie's books is that even though the men are "heroes"... strong, loyal and brave, the women in these books are the same. They rescue and fight for their families just as ardently as their men fight for them! You will love Dorian and Grace's story!
Emily Dickson
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book was amazing. Full of action and some twists to the story. Ray was a fantastic character and I really enjoyed her. Dorian was also fantastic and I was so happy he got his story! When the two get together to try to find an assassin the chemistry was hot and some sexy time was included. Linear Tactical's previous characters were also included and it was great to have them included. This was just an fantastic story all the way around. I loved it!!!
Sharon Caldwell
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is Janie Crouch has another winner with Ghost! She knows how to bring the characters to life, making each twist and turn in the characters' personal journeys compelling to read. I can't wait to read Shadow, the next book in the Linear Tactical series!
Carissa
I think this is my least favorite so far in this series. While some parts of it were good, I found some of it to drag and the ending felt erupt. Im still planning on continuing with this series.
Ashley
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for Ghost's story and wow it was perfect. Perfectly written, perfectly laid out, just perfect! I loved the mystery to this story and I loved how they never missed a beat between each other. Awesome. Now on to Heath!
Mary
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Janie you have outdone yourself this time with this book. The best book yet in the Linear Tactical Series. The twists & turns were amazing and unexpected. I was at the edge of my seat reading this thriller. Dorian’s story is absolutely brilliant and amazing book.
Pat
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, fast paced thriller. Second chance love story, the Linear men and women and terrifying mind games. Full review to follow.
Sandy S
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 21, 2019

Everyone eventually breaks under torture.

He’s seeing dead people.

Grace Brandt, government codename Wraith, knows her past can’t be forgiven. She has stayed “dead” for as long as she could, but now the forces she’s been fighting,
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

"Passion that leaps right off the page." - Romantic Times Book Reviews

USA TODAY bestselling author Janie Crouch writes what she loves to read: passionate romantic suspense. She is a winner and/or finalist of multiple romance literary awards including the Golden Quill Award for Best Romantic Suspense, the National Reader’s Choice Award, and the coveted RITA© Award by the Romance Writers of Americ

Linear Tactical (7 books)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Eagle (Linear Tactical #2)
  • Shamrock (Linear Tactical, #3)
  • Angel (Linear Tactical #4)
  • Shadow (Linear Tactical #6)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)