Start by marking “The Silver Moon Storybook” as Want to Read:
The Silver Moon Storybook

The Silver Moon Storybook

The Silver Moon Storybook is Elaine's first published work, a collection of modern fairy tales that weaves contemporary, progressive values and messages into seven magical stories.

What darkness lies in the past of a little witch, cursed into the shape of a giant?

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Moon Storybook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Moon Storybook

Whispering Stories
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

The Silver Moon Storybook is a collection of seven short stories by debut novelist Elaine Gunn. Each story is a modern fairy tale and is pro-feminist or pro-women how every you want to word it. It a book filled with stories where the woman doesn’t need saving or will give up everything for Prince Charming. These are tales to empower women.

I was in two minds at first about this book – before reading it – As I’m not a feminist in the way some thi
Dash fan
4☆ Enchanting & Thought Provoking Mix of Modern Fairy Tales.

The Silver Moon Storybook is an Enchanting mix of short stories, which made for a thought provoking read.

I'm not going to go into detail regarding the stories as they are too good and I don't want to ruin it for others.

First off I want to start by saying the book cover is exquisite, I almost didn't want to open it.
Then you come to the illustrations inside and they are beautifully created.
In fact it was the Authors intention to have
Lainy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - < 1 day

Pages - 221

Publisher - Indy

Source - Review copy

Blurb from Goodreads

As the silver moon rises, who will save a magical unicorn, imprisoned in the castle of a tyrant, or befriend an enormous clown who roams
Lauren
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
I was kindly sent a review copy but this does not affect my opinion in anyway.
I loved this collection. Unicorn was my favourite fairytale story! All were great though and linked together and left you feeling powerful and magical!
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly beautiful book for a few different reasons, and I really enjoyed getting stuck into it. Aside from the fact that the book itself is absolutely beautiful to behold, there are many things that makes this a gorgeous addition to any Book Lovers collection.

First of all, the writing style is lovely. It flows so easily and the creations within the stories are perfect. It was so easy to see myself in the places we were given, it almost felt like I had been on a holiday with the Character
Bigfatbookworm
Mar 02, 2019
Kate Avery
After reading the blurb for this one I was really looking forward to getting a copy and when it arrived I was delighted because it’s so pretty and I was excited to see the illustrations that were between the covers too.

The Silver Moon Storybook is a collection of seven stories, reminiscent of tales that you are told as children but with messages that reflect the world that we are currently living in. Fear not though, they are subtle messages and still told through stories of weird and wonderful
Karen Huxtable