Start by marking “Drift (The Flow Series Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Drift (The Flow Series Book 3)

Drift

(Flow #3)

Quin believed that a life away from The Beck would make her happy. But when a cruel twist of fate forces her to leave sooner than planned, she struggles to come to terms with her new reality. Haunted by memories of the people she left behind, she finds herself wishing she was back in Patrol, with Cam by her side.

Cut off from The Beck, the escapees carve out a new existence
Published February 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Drift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drift

Start your review of Drift (The Flow Series Book 3)
Deana The  Queen
As Quin gets deeper into learning about the Beck, she discovers that life outside does exist.

With plans to escape by boat, Quin intends to remain behind with Cameron while some members of the resistance make a break for it. The groups’s plans, however, are foiled by the appearance of the Shadow Patrol, and Quin ends up on the boat to another land while Jackson remains behind with Cameron.

The grass is not always greener, however, as Quin and the others discover. Having been able to smuggle aboa
Sara Taylor
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel is an excellent sequel in the Flow series. I love how it picks up right where Break left off, with Quin and her friends travelling away from the controlling Beck society to their safe haven of fellow resistance citizens. This novel is about the struggle of the newly situated citizens and their attempts to develop their society and make a life for themselves in their new home, called the Crag. They are met with other groups of people, struggles between the citizens for power, and then ...more
Tiffany
I received a digital arc in exchange for an honest review. This is simply my opinion on the book and is not influenced by any external factor.

I have to say, I think Drift was by far my favourite of the series to date. It was nothing short of amazing. I read this in the span of a few hours, unable to put it down.

Life outside The Beck isn’t the paradise it seems to be. Yes, you get away from the injustices and terrible secrets and practices of The Beck, but creating a new society out of nothing
K L
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Flow series. I wish this series was more widely read, because it is well-written and a bit different without being ‘out there’.

It is hard to talk about this book without spoiling the two previous books, so I will keep it pretty brief and will not really touch on the plot.

I love the author’s writing style. It is easy to read, uncomplicated, but still intelligent, which I really appreciate. As far as this particular book goes, it feels a little on the slow side, but I
Blaire Hammond
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drift by Clare Littlemore Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I was super lucky to receive an early copy of the third book in Clare's series, Drift, and I'm literally SO grateful! I adored this book. It was absolutely fantastic. It continued this story and world so wonderfully and had me feeling all the feels. Honestly, i really adore Clare's writing style and the way she has crafted this amazing story. I have given this book a 5 out of 5
Denise
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I jumped at the chance to continue this series and I snatched it up as soon as I finished Break. Following Quin's adventure kept me glued to my kindle. Life is different away from The Beck but it has its challenges as well. There's always at least one that is never satisfied with others making decisions even if they don't know squat. I found myself angry at Thomas many times. When they have to go back to The Beck for medicines to save the lives of those at The Crags, life gets even more complica ...more
Cathy Eades
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this immediately after the previous installment. I did enjoy the book and the pace was quite good but I have to say I felt like the story was dragging a bit now. There is so much that could happen, and the characters have so much potential but I didn't feel like this book capitalized fully on that. I would have liked to have a bit more action and some more interaction between the two islands. I have gotten a little bored of the protagonist to be honest, she keeps repeating things and bein ...more
Jan Joslyn
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Spoilers

Quin discovers that life outside The Beck is not without a new set of problems that are potentially as life-threatening as those she left behind. This book is beautifully written and edited. The characters are well developed and the relationships between them ring so true. I really admire the level of gender equality that is evident in this story. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
Kristen
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting plot

I couldn’t put this book down. For some reason, I enjoyed this one more than the first. It was exciting to see how this new community navigated their new found freedom from the Beck. I was so hooked that I even brought this to work and read bits in my breaks. This one was definitely well written and worth reading. I look forward to the next and final book in the series.
Naomi Hudson
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had been looking for a good series to read and I had been looking for a long time and I stumbled upon this series and I was so glad for it! I've never read such a good series honestly, now I won't give any spoilers but this series will keep you hooked from start to finish. Its absolutely a wonderful dystopian series. The adventure is great and the feeling Clare expresses in her books is insane, I love this author and this series, thanks for the great experience. ...more
Nadara
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read this book, but when the time came, I found myself hesitant to start because of the way Break had ended. There was so much that was unknown and I was afraid I wouldn’t like whatever happened next. Well, this book didn’t disappoint! It has interesting new characters and as much action and suspense as Flow and Break. I’m hoping the ending means a fourth book!
Tammie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what to say...

Oh my goodness, the battles Quinn fights with herself and her own thoughts. And Can what he has been going through to help and worrying about Quinn. When it all seems to start working out bam the author hits us readers with another whamy. Love the characters and the style of writing the author t. I want more, I need more!!!!
Gay Jamison
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story!

5 stars for a well written , wonderful story. I loved all three of Clare's books and her novella. Join her book club and you can get it for free! I love a series that keeps you glued to the book. I found it hard to put this series down. Can not wait for the next installment..and see what happens next!
Donna
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!

This story has captured me completely. The characters are so real. The story so sad and at times tense. I do wonder what "meds" refer to since there is not much to treat a virus. It must be aspirin and ibuprofen but I did think that part was a bit clumsy. Still very exciting book in this series. Am going to read the fourth book now.
Christine Cazeneuve
Just wow

This adventure just keeps going and the story never backs down. The characters are amazing and the only critique I have is Quin's constant whining and lack of understanding regarding Cam. She is so bright in so many areas that this is a hard concept to accept. On to the conclusion of the series.
Michele
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Relationships deepen and territory expands in this well written third book in the Flow series. The conflicts and challenges faced by those who have left The Beck increase and new relationships form, but to what end? I found myself eagerly turning pages to find out what happened next. Already ready for Quell!
Elane Duncan
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading the book!

I think if I had read the first two books it would have been even better. There were a few places where previous events were mentioned that must have had more details in order to understand the reference. Good read!
Alisa
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellence continues

Very, very rarely do I write glowing praise for a book, much less 3. But this series continues to be excellent. It has not become stagnant, the characters continue to grow/develop, the plot continues to evolve naturally and the writing remains strong.
Margaret Browder
Loved it

I just raced through the whole series, loving every page, eagerly awaiting the next event. Can’t wait for the next book. Clare Littlemore was an unfamiliar author but one that will be on my list forever.
J.J.
Apr 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Sara Robinson
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

What a thrilling third book! I read it in one day because I couldn’t put it down. It may be the best one in the series so far. Characters and plots further developed and it showed different sides to different characters. Really enjoyed it! Can’t wait for the next one!
Amanda
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up right where the previous book in the series leaves off. Quinn and the other escapees get to learn about living outside The Beck. New characters are introduced along with new challenges. A wonderful book that leaves you ready to continue the adventure.
Betina Clark
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I snatched this book after finishing Break to see what happens next and I wasn’t disappointed. Quin grows so much in this book and I enjoyed every minute of this read.
Betina Clark
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NIKKI J ELLISON
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book after following the stories around the characters in the previous books. Just a little gutted at the end that I have to wait again to see what happens next! So much I want to know...
Lisa Myers
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I loved the entire series... all three books are great reads. When is the next book coming out? I can't wait! Please, keep them coming!!
Megan
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

Great 3rd book can't wait till the next one! I'm excited to see what is happening back at the beck.
Kate
Sep 21, 2019 added it
Gripping from start to finish. Cannot recommend this series enough and am waiting eagerly for book 4 in the series!!
Harry and Kristi Oliver
Awesome series

Awesome story! Great series! I would recommend this book to anyone teenaged or older. I only wish there was a fourth book in this series.
Jeanne Dunn
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 4?

Please tell me there is another book coming to complete the story. Good read so far. Just waiting for a good ending.

• Falling: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #3)
  • Reckoning: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #4)
  • Rising: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #1)
  • Immersive (The Elite Trials #3)
  • Reactive (The Elite Trials #1)
  • Adaptive (The Elite Trials #2)
  • Breaking: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #2)
  • Extant: Beyond the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #5)
  • The Pairings (The Pairings, #1)
  • The Carrier (The Pairings, #2)
  • Render (The Resistance Trilogy #2)
  • Rebellion (The Resistance Trilogy #3)
  • Exile: Beyond the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #7)
  • Recruitment (The Resistance Trilogy #1)
  • Immersed (Configured, #2)
  • The Unpaired (The Pairings, #3)
  • Actualized (Configured #3)
  • The Reckoning (The Culling #3)
Clare Littlemore is a young adult dystopian and sci-fi author who thrives on fictionally destroying the world in as many ways as she possibly can.

She was born in Durham, in the UK. Her parents were both teachers, and she grew up in a world surrounded by books. She has worked for most of her life as a teacher of English at various high schools in England, where she has shared her passion for books

Flow (4 books)
  • Flow (Flow #1)
  • Break (Flow #2)
  • Quell (Flow #4)

News & Interviews

Essay collections offer a unique kind of reader experience, one that can be rewarding in a different way from novels or even other types of...