Start by marking “Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)

Halo

(Fallen Angel #1)

Massive world tours. Over a hundred million albums sold. Groupies galore.
Every day is a party for Viper and the guys of TBD, the biggest rock band in the world. But it all comes to a screeching halt when the lead singer walks out of the studio one day and never comes back.

Ear-blistering vocals. Butchered lyrics. Fame chasers.
After months of lackluster auditions, Viper,
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 258 pages
Published February 23rd 2019 by Ella Frank, LLC and Brooke Blaine

To ask other readers questions about Halo, please sign up.
Pamela Yes, if you’re a fan of Logan and Tate, you should like Halo and Viper. It’s set in the music industry. I’ll admit that Logan and Tate are my favor m/…moreYes, if you’re a fan of Logan and Tate, you should like Halo and Viper. It’s set in the music industry. I’ll admit that Logan and Tate are my favor m/m couple so I’m trying hard not to compare Halo & Viper to them. I love Ella’s writing, especially her gift for writing dialogue. The book flows with no drama and the 2d book will be released on March 25th so no long wait for the next one. (less)
Andrea They say it's because it's a placeholder for an actual band name, but I'm pretty sure it's for the original members' first initials, though we don't k…moreThey say it's because it's a placeholder for an actual band name, but I'm pretty sure it's for the original members' first initials, though we don't know Killian's first name yet.(less)

Start your review of Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)
Judith
No rating.DNF @ 23%

This bored me,quite frankly.Not even Halo and his long hair was enough to carry on here.

No one loves an arrogant asshole more than me but I really disliked Viper.And there was something about the way he pursued Halo that left me feeling uncomfortable.

Halo: I'm straight,I like girls...

Viper: I honestly don't care.I want you and I'm hot-in fact everyone wants me (because I'm hot) -did I mention I'm hot-because I am-extremely hot.

Viper: Have you ever been interested in a man?

Halo
Wendy

This book came at a perfect time for me. It was exactly what I needed. I, like so many am a huge fan of the Temptation series and this book did kind of remind of Logan and Tate This time we get rockstars though, a trope I really love. We even get double the fun, because it's two rockstars falling for each other !!

double the fun gif - Google zoeken

I started reading this book and I just couldn't stop and put it down. I have zombie face right now because of it ;)

The writing style was just so pleasant and I fell in love with both MC
Shile

-Nothing special, been there, done all this with Logan and Tate! And no couple can match them.

-It is all insta everything!

-Viper came off as creepy in the beginning (a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen) but at least it wasn’t dragged out.

-Halo was just ok, but he made the straight guy turn gay trope unbelievable.

-Viper and Halo as the main MCs were not that interesting. I found myself wanting to know more about Killian.

Overall it was just Ok, I will probably read book 2 to
Jan
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
**** 3.80 Stars ****

Halo was perfect in that free-angst sense type of story.

The story flows smoothly; in fact, it was more like "I don't want to put this down" way.
No drama, just a plot 100% focused on rock style life that got me right there with them.

There were quite a few things that were appealing to me:
1) The age gap of 10 years to start with,
2) The fact that we get inside of both heads, dual POV.
3) The older MC is grumpy as hell, which I love, a bit of an ass to the others but Halo disar
Eugenia
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: artist, mm-romance
Flat and Uninspired Characters....

I expected a lot more from this pair of writers.
What I got was this:

I’m joining the band, OMG it’s Viper
I want your acceptance, Viper

Angel, you’re so beautiful
Angel, I want to do things to you

I’m straight, Viper, but you’re so hot

Damn right I’m hot
You make me hard, Angel
Constantly
This song says how hard you make me

I wrote a song, too
Let’s work on it together
(Make out session)
I can’t believe I’m attracted to a man

(Reco
Meags
3.5 Stars

Halo was a very promising start to this sizzling rock n’ roll themed M/M series, by dynamic duo Frank and Blaine.

When Halo auditions to be the new front man for rock sensations TBD, he doesn’t actually think it will result in the band loving his voice and vibe and asking him to join them permanently, but that’s exactly what happens and Halo couldn’t be more thrilled. He’s excited to make music with these legendary rockers, but it’s hard stepping into the shoes of their former lead singe
Fabi
I wasn't expecting to love this story as much as I did. In fact, I almost didn't read it because many of my GR friends didn't love it. But thanks to a scheduled Buddy Read with Turning Pages at Midnight I gave it a chance. I am so happy I did!

I love rock star and other music related tropes. I also love the gfy trope. This story combines them in the most delicious way. The chemistry between Halo and Viper combined with the detailed description of them making music together is perfect. The UST in
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Holy Sexual Tension, Batman! Viper and Halo lit up my pages in this book and I'm obsessed with the both of them. Halo was the more quiet, shy one of the two but there was always that spark of something way more heated hidden in his curiosity that I loved getting to see. Viper, however, never hid that he wanted Halo and his advances had me fanning myself. I was one big ball of anticipation because I just knew that the tension between them was going to explode in the
Monique
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 'Rock star gods' stars

🎶‘With you, I lose my mind. With you, I lose control. You’ve gotten inside of me. To the darkest parts of my soul.’🎶

That. Was. So. Bloody. Hot!!! I mean, seriously. Like a-danger-of-the-global-warming kind of hot. If you're looking for an emotional, meaningful and inspirational love story, then that's not the book for you. But if you're here for the smoking hot good looking lead guitarist with a dirty mouth and even dirtier imagination and a frontman with a
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I prefer Ella Frank to Brooke Blaine, if I'm being completely honest. This one didn't wow me, but I did like it.

Not a ton happened in this one, as once again this will be a continuing series. Kind of frustrating. I can appreciate the slow build but not having to wait until book 3 or 4 to get the official HEA.

No cliffy ending, but it also didn't end with Halo and Viper doing any more than hooking up. I can, and do, appreciate the fact that this could possibly be GFY. Hard to resist all
chan ☆
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
low key questioning my judgment lol*

i have no shame in my reading preferences. i enjoy smut, straight or gay or anything in between. but i'm not one of those middle aged white ladies who read exclusively MM romance and i think that's why this didn't work for me.

the story is about halo and viper. the band TBD has just lost their frontman and viper, lead guitarist, is pissed. until halo, the blonde and angelic straight boy walks in to audition. the story is essentially about them. i can't say it's
Sanaa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.75 stars.

Well...I might not be broken anymore. Because I actually loved this book. Like a lot.

Halo lit my kindle on fire. Holy smokes it was hot. This might be one of my favorite books I've read, written by Brooke and Ella as a duo. This was more of a slow burn and it worked beautifully with the narrative of the story. The way they set everything up was amazing and it worked.

I loved getting to know the secondary characters and Viper & Halo's chemistry is off the chart. The story itself wa
Lyndy Ann ♫
I am a huge Ella Frank fan, read all her m/m books usually on release day but for some reason I put reading this series Fallen Angel off as I thought it might be a repeat of the Temptation series and no one will EVER replace Logan and Tate for me, sounded similar one cocky gay guy and one straight never looked at a guy before guy.

I had a gap in my reading list so I thought I would give Halo a go, it has been a very long time since I have read about a rock group, so this was different for me.

I re
DW
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that was hot!!!!
Kahea
*** 5 ‘Pivot’ Stars***

Ok. I want my own Halo and Viper.

No, seriously.

If I could have my own Halo and Viper all to myself I’d be a very, VERY, happy camper. These two are kind of everything and this is just the first book we get of them. There are more coming and that means we get to find out all the things about them, but what I’ve seen thus far...I adore. Viper is all kinds of blunt, sarcastic, cynical and oozes sex appeal like crazy. But behind all of that is a sincerity that most miss a
Cadiva
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was an opener and a half to this new series from Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine!

It's the first of a trilogy so there isn't a HEA at the conclusion of this part but there is the start of a tentative HFN and it was one which took a long, UST-filled ride to get there.

This whole first book sets up the narrative beautifully, throwing the reader right into the middle of a band in crisis following the unexpected departure of their charismatic frontman (read A Little Bit like Desire for the backgrou
Snjez
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Books about rock stars, or any type of celebrities for that matter, are usually not my cup of tea. There are only a few I've liked, but just because I loved the characters and their stories. Which was not the case with this one.

First of all, there was not much going on here besides writing new songs and Viper being frustrated by his attraction to Halo. I actually liked the beginning, but as the story progressed, I started losing interest.

I never really connected to the characters and to me they
Elsbeth
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know, I just can't seem to get the same feelings between these guys Halo and Viper as I did with Tate and Logan.... Guess no couple can beat them.

Halo was a sweet guy. Viper a bit of a horny asshole but I'll want to know what happens to them futher in the series. I'm forseeing a lot of drama ahead of us.

Halo aka "Angel"

description

description

*** A copy of Halo was kindly provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review.
Amanda
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Halo is a story about the TBD band. The band that Trent from A Little Bit like Desire left behind. I read that book first, so I have a fond feeling for Trent and I'm not amused that TBD's lead guitarist, Viper, keep talking smack about Trent. Chill out dude.

Halo is TBD new frontman and new hope to resurrect their band. Halo is still wet around the ears, but he was painted as a music prodigy. The band was in awe especially Viper. I love the fact that the band is united and embraced Halo, but I f
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.5 Stars

I ended up liking this more than I thought I would, maybe because that beginning reminded me A LOT of Rock Star (which borrowed heavily from the real life Judas Priest replacement lead incident). I love that movie. (Shut up. No judging.) So opening the story with Halo auditioning to replace an ousted, temperamental front man was a good choice IMHO.

Otherwise, it's a pretty standard GFY/OFY rock-star tale. Even having a previously self-identified "straight" Halo be unexpectedly attracted
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
As other reviews have mentioned, there's nothing really captivating about this book. I read it for the gfy sex, that's pretty much what it had going for it. I will read the next one though,I can see the drama-fest that one is going to be from a mile away.
Chan
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read from Ella Frank

Trying to fill the shoes of a legend rocker is weighty and almost impossible, but Halo is talented enough for a total transformation.

I have the same questions as with the Temptation series. Is this how a hardcore hetero male converts to homosexuality? There doesn't seem to to be enough questioning or initial disgust or shock. The straight guys (Tate in Temptation and Halo in Fallen Angel) seem to be swayed too easily.

Other than that, the story was a time su
haletostilinski
I absolutely loved this. I've missed reading these two ladies writing together and this didn't disappoint.

Halo and Viper had INSANE chemistry from the moment they met and didn't waiver for me at all throughout this.

It is clear that this is going to be a trilogy for these two and their relationship, as by the end of this we're just getting to somewhere more than just attraction and lust - that they're realizing, anyway.

Trent Knox was from A Little Bit like Desire, the second book in Brooke Bla
fleurette
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I pretty enjoyed this book. But still I find it a bit too simple and unfinished for my liking.

I think that I don’t read a lot of 'gay for you' stories. I do not know why, but somehow I prefer those in which the characters know who they are from the very beginning (even if they hide it from the rest of the world). Halo is not, in my opinion, the best example of such a story. All the time I had the impression that something is missing and that the whole story is a bit of a shortcut.

That being sai
Antonella
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I feel like I read better, much better version of this book....

Oh yes, yes I did...

Try

Logan & Tate...great series, although couple of books too long..amazing couple...

Nothing against these two..is more of a case been there read that..

2,5
Truuss Loveislovereview
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2019
I was happily surprised by the unexpected way this story went.
After the lead singer left the famous rock band TBD the remaining members have to find a new singer who can fill in the empty place. That’s easier said than done and after six months they are a bit desperate. Until Halo arrives for an audition, and all members are impressed.

Viper is defined as the bad boy of the band. He is the only one who thinks inviting Halo to the band will bring trouble, because some parts of his body think Halo
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Whenever Ella Frank and/or Brooke Blaine write a series about one couple, I know it is going to be a journey. I know I won’t get all the answers in the first book, or the second, and maybe not even the third, but I trust them to build the story around the characters, their experiences that shaped them, and the relationship they are building together, so while I am impatient about getting the rest of their story, I am perfectly happy with Halo and everything that transpired within the pages of th
Shannon
3.5*

I was quite excited when I heard Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine were jumping back into the cowriting pool to bring us more mm goodness! A rock star romance? Yes please! Gay for you? Hell yes please! And then when they revealed the cover...sweet Lord above, I was here for it.

Unfortunately, though, while I adored Halo the character, I can't necessarily say the same about the book itself. And that pains me- because I really expected, and wanted, to love this one. But frustratingly enough, my exp
Anna lost in stories *A*
I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this is the first book in a trilogy co-written by the very talented duo of authors, revolving all around one sizzlingly hot couple... *fans herself* is it hot in here? ;) I adore both Brooke Blaine and Ella Frank individually, but when they team up, a pure magical story is created :) I loved their previous trilogy, PresLocke series :) if you read that one, and thought it was hot and awesome, you will immediately fall in love with this story ;) ...more
Michelle
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cold shower warning !!!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Wow what a book. I'd heard so much about this series and just hadn't gotten around to reading it but god I'm so glad I've finally have it was brilliant. I luv a rockstar romance its one of my favourites to read. I've not read many M/M books but what I did I've enjoyed. So throw both together and I was sure I would luv it.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Viper I have to say is the most sexiest guy ever!! The way he held himself and how confident he is was was just so sexy. He is so arrogant and
Turning Pages At ...: Halo (Fallen Angel #1) (M/M Buddy Read) by Ella Frank 37 19 Jul 03, 2019 05:55AM

• An Affair In Paris (Fallen Angel #3.5)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)
  • Order (Tattoos and Ties Duet, #2)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Looking for Trouble
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • Top Secret
  • A Little Bit like Love (South Haven, #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • The Hate You Drink
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict.

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction.

Fallen Angel (4 books)
  • Viper (Fallen Angel #2)
  • Angel (Fallen Angel, #3)
  • Lust Hate Love (Fallen Angel, #4)