Start by marking “Leonie Hendricks: Demon P.I. (Nava Katz, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Leonie Hendricks: Demon P.I. (Nava Katz, #6.5)

Leonie Hendricks: Demon P.I.

(Nava Katz #6.5)

It takes a demon to catch a demon.

Got a dispute with another demon and killing them just won’t solve it? Leonie Hendricks gets results, no matter what the cost.

Even if her life-long internal battle with her non-human side is seriously taking its toll.

A new case throws Leonie back into the arms of the man who broke her heart. While she’d rather stab him and get on with her
Published April 1st 2019 by Te Da Media

Start your review of Leonie Hendricks: Demon P.I. (Nava Katz, #6.5)
Hollis
"You've lit up my world, Leonie Hendricks, and much as my cynical little heart barely beats, you make it race."

I'm hemming and hawing a bit over this one as far as rating goes. On the one hand, I loved seeing Leonie do some kick ass competent detective'ing and, in that vein, I enjoyed living this world through the little half-demon's POV. I also appreciated that the romance angle angst was not drawn out and actually resolved fairly quickly. But on the other, I wish this had been longer (I have b
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so waiting for this installment and it didn't disappoint. Leonie is such a strong kick-ass heroine ane I just love that she got her own book, her own happy ending. And I'm not just talking about Drio here. This was more about getting to a point where you can have a healthy relationship with yourself more than anything. I'm very happy with Deborah Wilde for doing this.

Over and out
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Every one of these three stars is for the heroine Leonie, who is funny and assertive and deserves WAY better than Drio, who is badly hung on up on his dead ex and has threatened to kill her on multiple occasions.

You know, I can (and have) dealt with death threats from heroes when they show they care about the heroine in some other way, but I didn't get enough of Drio being protective and possessive to balance out the arsehole factor.

Nice to see that both hero and heroine are bisexual but honest
Susan
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Nava Katz and her world. And Leonie is no exception! Leonie is fighting her demon side and trying to help Drio. As usual, I laughed and cried and laughed a lot more! Dare I hope that Leonie gets her own series?!
Lena
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had to take a couple of days after reading before writing this. In that time, I've re read twice *and* marked all my favorite passages... and I keep thinking how to write all I want to say without spoiling the book? it will be hard, so there will be two reviews into one.

If you haven't read the Nava Katz books, you should, because while you can follow this story without them they add all the magnificent background that makes this story riveting. But here's the cliff notes just in case: Leonie H
Victoria
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I must admit... I was a tad apprehensive about reading this book, since I really really love Nava and I feared the story would still read as her.
It started in a totally unexpected way in any case and that threw me off a bit (I even went back to reread the last chapter of Nava's book to see if I had missed anything lol).
But yeah, my fears were laid to rest: this book was 100% Leonie, hmm... but also Drio... Okay okay... 90% Leonie, 7% Drio and 3% Nava :D

I loved how the story evolved and while th
Julie Carroll
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

A little dark with your light, huh? This won't make much sense unless you read Wilde's Demon Hunter books but since they are awesome, you should anyway.
This book is a great taste of the Demon Hunter world after all was supposedly wrapped in the other series. While the other main characters got their ending, Drio and Leonie needed a bit more. This book is their wrapped up.
I heartily recommend.
Texas
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leone Hendricks, Demon P.I. #1 - I absolutely love this author's work! Leone is my most favorite player of the Unlikeable Demon Hunter Series and she's just as awesome in her own series. This is a well thought out, fast paced, action packed set of storylines, some of which continue on from Nava's series. I recommend reading all the books since the foundation and storylines run deep and that's the best way to enjoy this series. BUT it's not necessary; it's OK to start with this book.

The characte
Janet
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leonie and Drio - be still, my beating heart

This is a treat for those of us that have read the full Nava Katz series and will be a treat for those who have not yet dipped their toe into Nava's world. This can be read as a stand-alone but you would be doing yourself, and Deborah and Nava, a disservice if you just plunge in here instead of going back to the start. You will get to love all these characters as friends and Leonie and Drio's history will be put into context.
I loved Drio when we first
Shawnta
Excellent

Wildly entertaining. I loved every minute from beginning to end. This magical, action-packed quick paced mystery was everything I hoped for and more. Characters from the Unlikeable Demon Hunter make an appearance which I really loved. Leonie Hendricks character is great, humorous, dangerous and deadly. Reading a continuation of Leonie and Drio's love affair was exactly what I was looking for. Drio is set to marry someone else but the brilliantly clever Leonie knows something must be up
Leslie Sanchez
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love that Leonie has her own book now that Nava's has changed to drastically. I loved her from the beginning when she was only Nava's bff. She has a unique personality and way of looking at the world. Part of that could be that she's half demon and hates that part of her. It really became a problem with her and Drio, a Rasha, when he found out. Yet after pouring his heart to her we thought it was gonna be smooth sailing between them. I loved how fast she jumped to find out what possessed him t ...more
Anniken Haga
So I've listened to this whole series as audiobooks, but the narrator for Leonie didn't work for me, so I picked up the ebook instead. It took me almost a month reading the whole thing, but that's mostly because of my own health-issues and trouble reading.

What I did discover is that one of my biggest issues with the rest of the series was very obvious in written form. I'm talking about the sudden jumps in writing. Sometimes, it felt like a descriptive sentence was missing. This both happened in
Anita _booktoread
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-awesomeness
“But it wasn’t the dark that got you; it was the monsters hiding there, and before this was over, I’d come face-to-face with the scariest one of all.”

I love Deborah’s quirky sense of humour and the weird places she takes you in her books. Leonie and Drio’s Story had many twists and turns and I love that I can’t see them coming. Drio has had a massive evolution over The Unlikeable Demon Hunter series. At one stage Rohan had told us that Drio use to be fun and lighthearted. In Leonie’s book we get
Danielle
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! If you have read the Unlikeable Demon Hunter, or the Nava Katz, books you must continue the story with Leo’s story. It picks up right where the last book left off and focuses on Nava’s half goblin best friend, Leo. It gives a great background into Leo’s past and her relationship with Drio. You see their relationship change and develop, and it starts with a great twist that was completely unexpected!! You can read this book on its own but it would spoil the ending of the other ...more
Cassey
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaah, I so don't have the words for this.

I am so so pleased we got this story of Leonie's. Her journey to grey has been long and hard, and she deserved to get a story like this. If you haven't read any of the Nava books, you could still read this one, but you're missing out on so much of what lead to this being great.

Drio and Leo, just make my heart sing. Added bonus of no drama beyond the plot, about time those two just adult-ed up. If you're worried that this would be Nava light, put that w
Suz
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, audio
3.5

As I suspected back at the end of book 3 when I announced that I found the MC of the main series insufferable in all but one relationship and therefore was abandoning the series but might come back for this entry, I like this character a LOT more than I like the MC from the main series.

Leonie isn't perfect, and she's got her issues, but she's no insipid sap willing to accept any abuse for a crumb of approval, as was Nava Katz.

This novella made references to things that must have happened in
Helen Wawrejko
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leonie keeps her half goblin self submerged. She doesn't want to kill if she lets her emerge, as she will loose her humanity. But when Drio is suddenly in the news as engaged in Italy, his friends send Leo to discover why her boyfriend hasn't called them and why this is so out of character when he is crazy in love with Leo. This was just like jumping back into the thick of the previous series, and I loved it! Can be read as a standalone, but the context will be better with the Nava series read f ...more
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now it’s really over.

Like… really, really over.

I’m talking about the Nava Katz series. Ok, so officially Leonie Hendricks: Demon P.I. isn’t part of the series, but still… we’re talking the same characters, and a continuation of the end of book 6. So, you know.

The story starts about 2 weeks after the concert where Drio groveled (kinda) and got Leo back. And then he went on a mission to Italy and disappeared. No phone, no text, no nothing.

Until an engagement announcement showed up in the papers. W
Deb Le
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing the Unlikeable Demon Hunter series I was literally heartbroken to have come to the end. Luckily for me, Leonie happened to get her very own story to make up for the deception. It can be read as a standalone, prior knowledge of the series isn't essential, but it would be a shame to miss out on the fun. This story is faithful to the hilarious and very loveable half demon. Tons of suspense, a love story that keeps being thwarted and trampled on, and so much wit and sarcasm! Impossib ...more
Linda Levine
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed learning more about Leonie. She was always a fun part of the previous series but this book really gives you an intimate look at her struggles.

Leonie is strong, smart and funny and really determined to be a licensed PI and take over the business from her mentor. Her case is very personal this time and involves the man that can't seem to make up his mind about whether he wants to be with her. She has quite a journey ahead of her and learns a lot along the way.

I am voluntarily revi
Stephanie Smith
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic spin-off from the Nava Katz - Demon Hunter series; it features some of my fave characters, half demon PI Leonie and dark and damaged demon hunter Drio. The previous series was focused on the demon hunters, but now we focus on Leonie’s PI business, which was always there helping out the hunters, but is now front and centre.

It is a great new series, no slow start, you are thrown straight into action, intrigue, suspense and the ongoing Leonie and Drio romance

I can’t wait for new
Paranormal Books R Us
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leonie Hendricks: Demon P.I. Review

Absolutely adored this book! It is an awesome spin-off of the Unlikeable Demon Hunter Series and it was perfect.
It was a blast getting to spend more time with Leonie and of course Drio but it has enough cameos from the other series to make it a lot of fun for fans of the original books.
Honestly once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. And I really hope we get some more stories set in this world at some point because these characters have quickly beco
Olivia Santiago
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It started with Ash and then I couldn't put it down

Honestly, I've been holding off reading this series for some time. Initially, I couldn't get into it. Blood and Ash came out and inhaled it. So, decided to give the unlikable demon hunter a shot and yowza! I've read for about 72 hours (with minor sleep and work). Completely worth it. Will not be disappointed. The progression of the characters are so vivid and "the feels" are off the charts. This series will not disappoint. So happy I decided to
Paula Logan
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another stellar story from Deborah Wilde.
I was caught up from the first page in a story about a half demon PI. She is strong independent and funny. Full of hope and angst, the world of Rasha, witches and demons has reached another level. Those that float in between it all.
Don’t miss this 5 star read.
Karen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another great read from Deborah Wilde, but The Unlikable Demon Hunter must be read first to appreciate all the characters and situation. This well-written storyline has angst, action, chemistry, quirky characters, and humor at a fast pace. I wonder if Leonie will get her own series? I liked this read. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Willow
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved getting Leonie's story! ♡ And Drio... happy sigh. What a wonderful bonus ending for the series. Thank you so much Ms Wilde! Still sad it's the final book though. You should definitely read the Nava Katz books in order. Grab book one and get ready to immerse yourself in an action packed story featuring snarky, sexy characters. And demons. Lots of demons.
Brett Logan
Leonie is no PD she’s a PI

Another stellar story from Deborah Wilde.
Don’t miss this 5 star read.
Kelly Greer
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't be more perfect

Lament! Wail! How am I supposed to go on without more Leo and Drio and Nava and Rohan?! This book was the perfect wrap up to Leo's story. And I'd subscribe to a Leo/Drio P.I. Series FOR SURE. I love that we finally got their love story and resolution to Leoni's internal struggles. Love, romance, action, mystery. Perfection.
Amy
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

I am a huge fane of the Unlikeable Demon Hunter series and this spin off didn’t disappoint! It was great reading about Leonie and Drio again after the final book in the original series. Highly recommend this book after you read the other series or some of it won’t make sense.
sally radford
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leonie is ace

If you have read the unlikable demon Hunter books you already know how good this spin off is going to be, if this is your first foray into there story then after you finish here read the series because this author knows how to grab you. I would love more of Leonie P.I please!

• How to Rattle an Undead Couple (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #9)
  • Change of Heart (The Potentate of Atlanta, #3)
  • How to Survive an Undead Honeymoon (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #8)
  • Heart of Shadows (Alice Worth, #5)
  • Knights Magica (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #5)
  • Sabotaged (Sundance, #3)
  • Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #7)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta, #2)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Snared (Kaliya Sahni, #2)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • As You Wish (How To Be The Best Damn Faery Godmother In The World Or Die Trying #3)
  • Best Wishes (How to Be the Best Damn Faery Godmother in the World or Die Trying #4)
  • Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Reaper Reborn (The Grimm Brotherhood, #3)
A global wanderer and total cynic with a broken edit button, Deborah writes urban fantasy to satisfy her love of stories about women who kick ass, and smart, sexy romance. This award-winning author is all about the happily-ever-after, with a huge dose of hilarity along the way.

“It takes a bad girl to fight evil. Go Wilde.”

Nava Katz (6 books)
  • The Unlikeable Demon Hunter (Nava Katz, #1)
  • The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Sting (Nava Katz, #2)
  • Need (Nava Katz #3)
  • The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Crave (Nava Katz, #4)
  • Fall (Nava Katz Book 5)
  • Burn (Nava Katz, #6)