Jump to ratings and reviews
I’m a full-time single dad to three daughters and CFO at Cloverleigh Farms. I don’t have time to fall in love—I’m too busy trying to run a business, keep the red socks out of the white laundry, and get the damn pillowcases on without owing a dollar to the swear jar.

Sure, Frannie Sawyer is beautiful and sweet, but she’s twenty-seven, the boss’s daughter, and my new part-time nanny—which means she’s completely off-limits. It’s bad enough I can’t stop fantasizing about her, what kind of jerk would I be if I acted on the impulse to kiss her?

(Exactly the kind of jerk you’re thinking.)

Actually, I’m worse than that—because I didn’t stop with a kiss, and now I can’t stay away.  She makes me feel like myself again. She reminds me what it’s like to want something just for me. She’s everything I ever needed, but nothing I ever imagined.

I’m a former Marine. I should have had the strength to resist her from the start.

But I didn’t. And now I have to choose between the life I want and the life she deserves.

Even if it means giving her up.

301 pages, Kindle Edition

First published February 25, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Melanie Harlow

63 books15.1k followers
USA Today bestselling author of sweet and sexy romance. Lover of cocktails, high heels, and history with the naughty bits left in. Michigan girl. INTJ. Always seeking ginspiration...

Find me!
Reader Group→harlow.pub/harlots
Facebook→harlow.pub/ap

FULL LIST OF BOOKS:

Series:
Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1) by Melanie Harlow Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek #2) by Melanie Harlow

Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1) by Melanie Harlow Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2) by Melanie Harlow Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3) by Melanie Harlow Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4) by Melanie Harlow Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5) by Melanie Harlow

Only You (One and Only, # 1) by Melanie Harlow Only Him (One and Only, #2) by Melanie Harlow Only Love (One and Only, #3) by Melanie Harlow

Man Candy (After We Fall, #1) by Melanie Harlow After We Fall (After We Fall, #2) by Melanie Harlow If You Were Mine (After We Fall #3) by Melanie Harlow From This Moment (After We Fall, #4) by Melanie Harlow

Frenched (Frenched, #1) by Melanie Harlow Yanked (Frenched, #1.5) by Melanie Harlow Forked (Frenched, #2) by Melanie Harlow Floored (Frenched, #3) by Melanie Harlow

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1,376 (4%)
1 star
557 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 2,573 reviews
Profile Image for CristiinaReads❀.
574 reviews3,280 followers
February 26, 2019
I am hosting a PAPERBACK GIVEAWAY now up on my blog! Click here to enter! ;)

A sweet, single father romance who resists to admit that being with the one true love of his life will not be a regret for him, nor his family is what Melanie Harlow has created in this masterpiece of a novel...

There is love in the air y'all! The kind of love that makes you swoon, and you end up having butterflies in your stomach because of all the passion there is between two characters such as Mack and Frannie. Melanie Harlow has been an author that I took a break from reading for a while, but now that I am back to reading her books, that same taste from before that includes and oozes sweetness and sexiness all in one package is exactly what I have been missing. This story was yet again, another compelling romance that Melanie is bringing to her readers. The way everything was described just warmed my heart in the best of ways. And of course, anyone who knows me, knows that I can never back away from a single father romance. This beauty was no exception, especially when an emotionally broken single father and his three little girls are involved.

Mack and Frannie both work for the Cloverleigh Farms, which is a family owned type of hotel that oozes that sweet and relaxing ambience to it. It is owned by Frannie's parents, and is ruined by her family. Coming from the youngest of four, Frannie understands what it's like to be part of a big family. She has struggled at a young age from heart problems, so her parents have always been over-protective of her. When her passion of cooking arises, she knows that having an independence of her is a struggle because of her parents. Mack is added to the equation because he works for the family business as the CFO of the company. After the mother of his three little princesses left him to take all the responsibility of them, he has found in a place where is asks for help basically anywhere. Frannie is always happy to help him out, because the crush he has for him is one that has been there from the moment she first met him. From Mack's point of view, Frannie is way too young for him to indulge anything with her. Having that ten year difference is something that I find rather forbiddingly good and satisfying to always read.

The relationship his three little kids have with Frannie is one that is utterly adorable! You know how when you come across those cute kids in romance novels and you question "why can't all kids be this way?" Yeah well, that was me reading this novel every time Mack's little girls where mentioned. Everything about them was just beyond charming and so sweet to read. Especially because Frannie has such an understand relationship with them, and with Mack as well. After one stormy and snow night in, Frannie has unintentionally brought herself to stay over at Mack's house after one babysitting night. The temptation is there for Mack. The attraction he has towards this petite, yet curvy young woman is what brings him to his knees to want her more and more. One he has a taste of her however, there is no back away. Though in his mind, he does not seem like the appropriate man to be hers for the rest of her life. He already has three little girls and a full time job that takes so much time of his daily activity, but with Frannie, he learns that having her help makes all the stress come to a free zone. The idea of her leaving is something that never sits well with him;
"I watched her leave, feeling that ache in my chest again, and I wished there was a way I could've asked her to stay. I was tired of being careful, tired of missing her at night, tired of feeling bad for wanting her, tired of feeling like I was one person with her, and a different person with the kids. Neither version of me was complete.
I wanted to be both at once. Wast it possible?"

Overall this was truly a romance novel that shows so many affections towards each individual characters. Not just the important protagonists, but also the characters that are related to them. The love that oozes from this novel from all the families what something sweet and caring to read. Melanie has brought yet again, another that conquers the power of protection, love, and care for one another. Obviously this is the first novel in a series she is planning on releasing so you already know that my anticipation for the next novel is already up there. Thank you to SBPR and Melanie for providing a copy of this beauty, that I know all of you will truly enjoy and not regret reading.

ARC kindly provided by the publicist, in exchange for an honest review...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Profile Image for NMmomof4.
1,479 reviews3,484 followers
March 21, 2019
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I think this book was one of the final straws that broke this camel's back. I've been in a massive book funk. Nothing has really grabbed me. Nothing has made me uber excited to read. And I'm over it!

I apologize now if the following rant is too harsh. I'm sure many other readers will love this book, and my opinion could very well be because of my funk. That being said, here is a spoiler tag if you just want to skip my ranting:

Okay, sorry about that again. For a low stress/fluffy/sexy read about a single dad with some cute little girls and sweet interactions with the h, this might be your book. For anything deep and meaningful, I sadly think it missed the mark but had the potential to be more. I'm going with middle of the road "just okay" 3 stars for my rating.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Franny and Mack's story. They work together and Franny takes care of Mack's daughters part-time. When his full time caregiver breaks her leg, Franny steps up to help the single dad out. After being thrown together and some sexually tense situations, they give in to their attraction and start a fling. Mack is focused on his girls since his ex is worthless and that makes him unable to give 100% to Franny and a relationship. There is some family and personal drama, some hot sexy times, and some great scenes with Mack's girls...and they get a HFN ending.

POV: This alternated between Franny and Mack's POV.

Overall Pace of Story: Good until the end. I never skimmed and I thought it flowed well otherwise.

Instalove: Kind of. I didn't really understand their progression into love (see above). They had been crushing on each other when the story begins and had some feelings that they built upon.

H rating: 3 stars. Mack. I liked him, but then he would be too wishy washy for me. I felt like he had such a huge turn around by the end that I wasn't really sure who he really was supposed to be (see above).

h rating: 4 stars. Franny. I liked her. I appreciated how she wanted to care for the H and his girls and how she was sweet and understanding.

Sadness level: Low, no tissues needed

Push/Pull: Yes

Heat level: Hot. They have some hot tension, chemistry, and scenes -- but not so much it takes away from the story.

Descriptive sex: Yes

OW/OM drama: No

Sex scene with OW or OM: No

Cheating: No

Separation: Yes

Possible Triggers: Yes

Closure: My absolute biggest issue with the book. Not enough closure at all (see rant above)! I would classify this as HFN but others might be fine with it all and call it a HEA

Safety: This one is probably Safe with exception for most safety gang readers depending on personal preferences.
Profile Image for Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog.
1,260 reviews9,897 followers
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

For a moment, I let myself imagine what it would be like if I were younger and didn’t have kids. If I were free to pursue her. Win her. Keep her. Christ, I’d fucking spoil her rotten all the time. She was the perfect combination of sexy and sweet—it drove me crazy in the best possible way. In another life, I’d have done everything possible to make her mine.

IRRESISTIBLE is an incredibly entertaining sexy and sweet romance. For those of you who love romances with a single father, you are sure to enjoy Mack and Frannie’s story. I could not get enough of this book and I can’t wait to see what Melanie Harlow has in store for the remaining Sawyer sisters. When I end up loving both the Hero and Heroine equally I know that I’m reading an exceptionally good story. The author makes you fall for Mack and Frannie almost immediately. I felt a connection to them both and was waiting on pins and needles to get to their HEA! And I have to give honorable mention to Mack’s three little girls. They were the most adorable and precocious characters who added to the magic of this heartfelt romance! Great story. Terrific characters. Beautiful book cover! Bravo to Melanie Harlow!

Here are my overall ratings:

Hero: 5
Heroine: 5
Plot: 5
Angst: 4.5
Steam: 5
Chemistry Between Hero & Heroine: 5

IRRESISTIBLE releases on February 25th! Make sure you bump this one way up your TBRs!!

Amazon Paperback: https://amzn.to/2X8ROAj

Profile Image for ❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books.
2,111 reviews7,101 followers
February 19, 2019
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic ’IRRESISTIBLE’ is the first full length romance novel in Melanie Harlow’s ‘CloverLeigh Farms' series. In this we meet Frannie Sawyer & Declan McAllister aka Mack. Image and video hosting by TinyPic What a pathetic fucking cliche I was: Divorced Dad lusting after the Babysitter. As if a girl like her wanted anything to do with a guy like me-one with three kids and an ex-wife.

Frannie is a twenty-seven year old female, her family owns Cloverleigh Farms, where she’s part time receptionist, and bakes delectable macarons, and a nanny for Mack. Being the youngest of four siblings (Sylvia, April, Meg, Chloe) she’s been babied most of her life with an overprotective mother due to being born with a heart defect which puts her at a slighter higher risk of having a heart attack. Due to this she missed out on a lot as a child, in and out of hospital, home schooled and missed out on a lot of things her siblings got up to so she feels at a disadvantage and not as close to her siblings as she would like.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thirty seven year old divorcée Mack is a full time single dad to three adorable daughters (eleven year old Millie, eight year old Felicity, and four year old Winifred) and works for the family business as the CFO of the company making Frannie’s father his boss. If there was a girl off limits, it was Frannie Sawyer.

These two have skirted around their attraction for each other for a while, but things go to that next level when after babysitting the girls she's stranded due to a snow blizzard and stays the night, things between Mack and Frannie escalated heatedly.

I'm no prince, Frannie. I'm stubborn, I'm impatient, I have a foul mouth and a lot of fucking baggage. And I come attached to three small humans who run me ragged every day.

I didn't think I'd love this one as much as I did, going by the synopsis, it just sounded too much like all the other single dad falls for the nanny books out on the market but that's not the case with this one, and for that I am so glad!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I loved this simply for it's no frills simplicity, you could see the scenes unfolding in life, this was just a straight forward, pure romance which made me love this fully. This is a lesson some authors need to learn, you don't need the angst or drama to make a good old fashioned love story come alive, and this is where this author is in a class of her own. I connected with the story, I connected with the characters. The storyline flowed freely, the feels were boundless, the characters were believable and loveable, what wasn't there to love about this!! Highly recommend!!

* Teasers used are off the authors facebook page *

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Profile Image for ren ♡ .
287 reviews449 followers
January 23, 2021
Irresistible was a very quick read, perfect for a lazy Saturday morning. It contained a lot of my favorite tropes: single parents, age gap and a friends to lovers/forbidden romance. I loved the small town setting and the children. Oh, how I loved the kids, they were adorable!

However, I felt like the middle dragged on a little and the hero was incredibly frustrating at times. I understood his doubts about himself and the relationship, but I didn't like how his decisions hurt the heroine so much. I also would've loved to have seen more of a development for the heroine since a part of her storyline was about breaking free from her parents coddling. And the whole 'forbidden' aspect of the relationship was grossly glossed over, making the story fall flat at the end.

Rating: 3/5
Profile Image for Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••.
987 reviews1,799 followers
March 2, 2019

Absolutely loved this one!!!! This author never disappoints for me! I think this one is my favorite to date, and I can not wait to read more from this series!!! Mack & Frannie were so fun and so very easy to fall in love with!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
April 26, 2022
4.25 ⭐️ me reading winnie’s book before her dad’s is honestly so iconic of me HAHABAHA but seeing her as a lil girl was so cute pls 🥹 anyway, I really enjoyed this! FRANNY IS AN ANGELLLLLL, I already knew that when I read ignite but this CONFIRMED it! Mack being a single dad to three girls sent me 😍 overall I loved the vibes & these books are so easy and fun to read. And they reminded me so much of Winnie & Dex!!!!

“Because he loves you! He told us!” <3
Profile Image for  Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕.
953 reviews1,052 followers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Have you ever read a book that from the very first page you had an immediate good feeling? Deep down you know that this one is going to have minimal drama, lovable characters, a splash of forbidden, and a feel good relatable storyline that makes you enjoy being in the moment. I couldn’t have asked for a better romantic story and I’m so glad that I took a chance on this one.

Being a single dad is not the easiest thing in the world but being a single dad to three girls under the age of thirteen? Someone needs to hand this man a medal. From hair braiding, to ballet class, to arguments over who's turn it is to pick a movie, Mack has seen and done it all for his girls. His entire lives purpose is to support and be there for his kids and everything else is going to take a back seat. Unfortunately that includes his love life. With temptation brewing in the form of his nanny and boss's daughter, will Mack be able to indulge with the woman he’s wanted for over a year?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Frannie has always been sheltered throughout her entire childhood. Due to a scary heath condition, her parents has always treated her like she was made of glass and now that she’s a twenty seven year old woman, they still see her as breakable. Being the Nanny to three of most beautiful girls is one of the highlights of her life but having to see their Dad on a daily basis and not combust? Well that’s an everyday miracle that is quickly starting to lose it’s power. What will happen when these two decide to give in for one night only?

I really loved the bond that Mack had with each of his daughters and it showed just how much he cared for all of them. He was protective, loving, vulnerable and hilariously animated. I couldn’t get enough of those girls and I loved that their personalities were strong forces in this story. It wasn’t easy at times and there was certainly a lot of screw ups, but every moment was a learning experience and they took it in stride.

If you love a hot single dad romance , then I highly recommend this one.

Profile Image for Warda.
1,088 reviews17.4k followers
May 6, 2020
I mean, this was quite average. I kept reading it for the sake of reading it and because it was easy. But I didn’t get much out of the story at all. It was cheesy and not in a tolerable way.
I appreciated that we got to see a single dad and him raising 3 young girls and the struggles that come along with generally being a parent.
But there wasn’t much to Frannie’s personality - or even to his - other than making things easy for him. Yes, I know she started her own business and whatnot but it felt contrived and not genuine?
It just didn’t sit well with me. The story lacked depth.
Profile Image for Christy.
3,706 reviews31.5k followers
January 10, 2022
4 stars

This was a great single dad/nanny romance. I absolutely adored the kids and the part they played in the story. Frannie and Mack work together and Frannie plays part time nanny to Mack’s three daughters. They both like each other have denied their feelings for various reasons. Until they get stuck together overnight during a blizzard and things change between them. I enjoyed this story a lot, and I’m looking forward to reading more in this series!

Audio book source: Audible
Story Rating: 4 stars
Narrators: Teddy Hamilton & Savannah Peachwood
Narration Rating: 5 stars
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 7h 36m
Profile Image for ☽ mira.
738 reviews718 followers
August 8, 2022
4⭐️

“Every inch of you is beautiful. Inside and out.”

WHY THE FUCK WAS THIS SO FUCKING CUTE?????????? i've had this book downloaded for a whole ass year but i was never interested in it until i saw the lil goodreads rec shelf and i was like "hmmm? is this my fucking sign?" hell ya it was.

now before i say anything else — why does a 4 y.o, 8 y.o, and 11 y.o know more about basic communication than a fucking 37 y.o??????? I WAS DYINGGG at that lil intervention, it was hella cute tbh.

i kept wondering why i fucking LOVED mack bc he's the standard hero type? nothing to him to make him special but the second i met him and idk it was weird bc HES HOT YA BUT something was there too, UNTIL i found out he was a military man hehehehhehehehehehhehe i know i pick them right <3 <3 i love me army boys, love at first sight <3

all the kids are adorable, i loved the couple. SOOOO MUCH sexual tension, i actually got butterflies from start to finish.

def will be reading more of this authors books bc hell that was short, good and spicy. my fucking cup of tea.

🌾 cloverleigh farms 🌾

#5 unforgettable — 2 stars
#6 ignite — tbr
#7 taste — tbr
#8 tease — tbr
Profile Image for MELISSA *Mel Reader*.
1,324 reviews1,389 followers
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mack is a former marine living in northern Michigan. He's a divorced full-time single dad to three daughters. His life is laundry, lunches, schedules, and trying to stay afloat without adding any more money to the swear jar. He's doing his best, but most days things are complete chaos, and he feels like he's hanging by a thread. The one place he feels somewhat in control is his job. As the CFO at Cloverleigh Farms he works hard to keep things running smoothly.

Frannie Sawyer is the youngest of five sisters. Her family owns Cloverleigh Farms and she works as their receptionist. The highlight of her day is seeing Mack, the delicious single father who has worked for her family for the last five years. She's had a hopeless crush on him forever. After his wife left she became a part-time nanny to his kids. She admired his devotion to his girls, and thought it made him even more desirable. He was unbelievably hot, and she couldn't help how much she wanted him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mack has spent the last nine months trying to survive being a parent on his own, and Frannie is always quick to help out. She's sweet, genuine, and gorgeous. She had an innocence about her, and had become his go-to fantasy. Lusting after the babysitter was his little secret. As the boss's daughter and his nanny, she was off-limits, but a guy could dream. He knew he could never act on his attraction, but then one kiss changes everything, and he can't stay away.

It's an impossible, complicated situation. Mack's girls were his first priority. He was already stretched thin, without room for anything else. He was in no position to pursue anyone, and felt he had nothing to offer. He couldn't give his time, attention, or a future, and it wasn't fair to her, but he hadn't felt this way in a long time. She made him remember he's not just a dad, but also a man. She makes him feel like himself again, and he has trouble fighting their connection. He tried so hard to resist, but soon he's attached, and this thing between them is all-consuming.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

-Mack was just... everything.

-I could hardly breathe when we were in a room together.

-Something unfamiliar hummed in the air between us. I could feel it- he wanted me the way I wanted him.

-She had no idea what she did to me.

-She was that perfect combination of sexy and sweet- it drove me crazy in the best possible way. In another life, I'd have done everything possible to make her mine.

-She wanted all of me. Accepted all of me. Even craved all of me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Irresistible (Cloverleigh #1) is a beautiful, sexy, single dad, second chance, forbidden romance where two lonely people find love. I really loved this book, and can't wait for more in this series!

***NOW AVAILABLE***
Profile Image for Jessica .
2,014 reviews12.8k followers
May 15, 2020
This book has been so hyped for me and it has two of my favorite tropes: Taboo and forbidden. Everyone I know that has read this has loved it, so I went in thinking I would love it too!

Frannie is our main character and since she has a heart condition that required surgery when she was little, her parents are overprotective. So overprotective that she was home schooled, not allowed to go to college, and still lives at home at 27. To me, this made Frannie so frustrating. Why did she never want to do anything? Go to college? Have a life? She literally didn't even have a single friend. But she had four older sisters living life and doing whatever they wanted? I get she had a heart condition, but her parents' obsessive overprotectiveness didn't make sense to me.

With the romance, I didn't really feel the chemistry between Mack and Frannie. They supposedly couldn't keep their hands off of each other, but I didn't really feel that. Also, the dialogue was pretty cheesy and I felt like this book was just trying to use tropes and cliches and wasn't pulling them off. I was more bored than anything. And there weren't really any stakes with the forbidden/age gap aspect of this novel. Mack works for her father but in no way was the dad ever around to act as a conflict to their relationship, so it didn't really feel all that forbidden.

Overall, this was just okay. I didn't hate it, but I definitely was never excited to keep reading. I felt pretty apathetic towards the characters and guess I was just expecting a different romance.
Profile Image for Olga therebelreader.
888 reviews666 followers
February 25, 2019
This story was so cute and well written. I fell in love, laughed well, and am sad it is over. Frannie and Mack’s relationship is so complicated. There is an age difference, it is taboo, she's the nanny, he's a single father to three daughters! Mack's relationship with his daughters was the most adorable thing I've ever read. It was amazing. It is wonderful to see how Frannie finds her true self along the way and stands up for what she wants out of life. This is one couple you don't want to miss. This book is one that is inspirational and down to earth all at the same time. I highly recommend you get this book. You won't be disappointed!

In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 4/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 3/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 4/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 3/5

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for preoccupiedbybooks.
439 reviews971 followers
April 24, 2019
DNF at about 40%?

Urgh this was terrible! The heroine was 27 but she acted, and was treated like she was 15! She was also such a wet doormat!

The love interest, Mack was only 10 years older at 37, but acted like the age gap was much huger and so taboo. It wasn't. Yes he had kids, but they loved her and she was good with them. Yes he worked with her father, but again... She was 20 freaking 7 years old!

Can't be bothered to read anymore, can see where it's going, and frankly I'm glad I'm getting rid of KU, as the books on there generally suck.
Profile Image for Wendy'sThoughts.
2,632 reviews3,208 followers
March 10, 2022
Quick While You Can-It's Happy Birthday Time-IT'S FREE!!!!!
We all read a lot...and sometimes a review can get away from us. This happened to me because I remember reading this and always enjoy Melanie Harlow. This was the start of the Cloverleigh Series and that in and of itself was a winner for me.
Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1) by Melanie Harlow Irresistable (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2) by Melanie Harlow Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3) by Melanie Harlow Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4) by Melanie HarlowUnbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5) by Melanie Harlow Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
Ignite (Cloverleigh Farms, #6) by Melanie Harlow Ignite (Cloverleigh Farms, #6)
Taste (Cloverleigh Farms, #7) by Melanie Harlow Taste (Cloverleigh Farms, #7)
The Cloverleigh Farms Collection (Cloverleigh Farms Series) by Melanie HarlowThe Cloverleigh Farms Collection (Cloverleigh Farms Series)

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zpsb3ab83a0.jpg
Profile Image for TJ *Book Twins Reviews*.
1,038 reviews2,382 followers
March 3, 2019
I couldn’t love it more!! It’s as though Melanie Harlow stepped inside my head to find out everything I love about romance and then proceeded to write the perfect version of the vision!

Single dad
Cute kids
Sweet and loving heroine
Forbidden romance

It’s all in there and it’s absolute perfection. Frannie and Mack owned me. The little girls owned me. I want to check into the Cloverleigh and get to know all these fantastic characters.
The storyline, plot, pacing, all of it just worked. I absolutely love the setup or hint at future stories in the series. I am so here for this!!! Cannot wait for more.

Seriously, if single dad romance is your jam ONE CLICK now! It’s amazing. Two thumbs up! I read it in one sitting and did not want it to end.

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter
Profile Image for Laura.
471 reviews553 followers
December 17, 2019
I picked up this book on a wimp and I sort of liked it. I mean, it had potential but the romance felt outdated in my opinion. The main lead was cute but she was almost a dormant. Her only purpose was to provide the food and emotional support to the guy... or she was built that way in the beginning and changed later because the little agency she had felt like an afterthought.

The guy was just your typical single father trying his best, and he was an okay dad. He loved her daughters but he was just so underdeveloped (and he had more POVs).

The story was pretty cliché but done right, it could've been great. Like I said it had potential. Maybe the rest of the series evolves.
Profile Image for Mahima.
463 reviews104 followers
April 29, 2021
Nope. Not feeling it.
I think it's overrated. The romance here is nothing more than a helping hand being provided to the person in desperate need of it.

Not for me.
Profile Image for ~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader.
589 reviews335 followers
Really liked it!

Mack and Frannie are so amazing together. I loved that their relationship was real, with real problems, doubts and fears. This was such a refreshing take on your typical single dad-nanny romance. Being in a relationship with a single dad of 3 girls is not easy and I truly appreciate Melanie not glossing it over. It was really nice to see how Mack struggled with being a single dad but he loves his daughters so much and tries really hard to be the best dad possible. Frannie is so understanding and supportive. Their relationship is based on respect, love and empathy. You can tell they are soulmates and that their love is forever.

Highly recommend this book!

arc
Profile Image for Grecia Robles.
1,407 reviews309 followers
April 4, 2020
No sé porque en primera instancia le puse 3 estrellas ni porque no hice reseña.

Pero aquí vengo a cambiar la calificación porque de todas las parejas e historias es a la que más cariño le tengo.

Frannie y Mack son geniales.

BUT THE WAY, les recomiendo mucho esta serie.
Profile Image for Jacob Proffitt.
2,851 reviews1,490 followers
August 2, 2021
I can feel the need to wax poetic on this story hammering at me. I can be the better person, though. Really, I can be. But will I?

Screw it. This tragedy starts with the title. Because nobody in this story is actually irresistible, starting with the cranky Mack. If this guy was a Marine, our armed forces are in more trouble than I believed possible. The man is a self-hating coward through-and-through and with a side of delusion that can't be healthy on the battlefield. I mean, I was worried that the entire story seemed to rest on his negative motivation* putting brakes on. And then he starts musing on his reasons and it's all "she'll figure I'm not good enough" and "it has to end because she'll discover I'm not worth it." Apparently, in his world, the stand-up guy who busts his back day in and day out to provide his daughters with love and care isn't a stone-cold catch. If the author had painted this even a little bit accurately, Mack would be beating women off with a stick. But no, this is Harlowland where powerful, successful guys showing fantastic dad-skills is oh-so-lonely.

I stuck through long enough to get to my breaking point because I kinda liked Frannie (though seriously? What is she with that name, ninety?!?). She's kind, cheerful, and thoroughly and unapologetically domestic. The only real downside is if I had to hear macaron pronounced one more time with the emphasis on the Frenchy origins (swallowing the final "n") my eyes were going to roll right out of my head. Yeah, sure, that's an accurate and correct pronunciation. But who bothers? Well, besides everyone in this story. Also, I've had macarons and they ain't all that, even when done to perfection. Mostly, they're hints of a taste, gone way too soon and even stacking them on top of each other or double-fisting them doesn't do more than evoke "that's an interesting flavor, I wonder what it'd taste like if it actually tried."

Anyway, I got to the dark moment and then hate-finished it. Because yeah, of course Mack was going to be the wimpy garbage pile he'd been heading towards from the beginning. At that point, I wanted Frannie to kick him in the goolies and go find someone worth her time. And his daughters, who had been an interesting and nuanced portrayal to that point suddenly turned into high-mountain gurus dispensing the wisdom of the ages to straighten him out. I mean, I get the trope behind the cliché, but I think this author blew through cliché to a new form of authorial excess that deserves a term of its own. My irreverent brain keeps throwing up clishit, but you didn't hear that from me...

So yeah, one star for the serious crash and burn. It was coasting because of the plot drag that was Mack, but that dark moment ended all potential for this to come out in the positive.

A note about Steamy: So there are a handful of explicit sex scenes putting this in the middle of my steam tolerance. Also, Frannie apparently went to some kind of sex school she's so good at all the things. So much for being a near-virgin with only two previous (explicitly unsatisfying) partners. It wasn't even a "quick learner" thing. She just knuckled down and . . . I'll stop now before this gets out of hand...

* Negative Motivations: I kind of hate that the term "negative motivation" isn't widespread, yet. Since it isn't, I'm going to save off this little jag to append to my reviews that feature the term. Jennifer Crusie blogged about it a bit back (or, if that link doesn't work, here's a cache of the original) and it changed how I understand story. The problem with the term is that if you've never heard it before, you'd assume it meant motivations that are harmful or immoral. Not so. What it refers to is motivations not to do something. The thing is that many of us are motivated to not do things for a lot of different, perfectly valid and reasonable, reasons. The problem is that in a story motivations to not do things are a huge drag on the plot—particularly considering the fact that most negative motivations are overcome by the character simply deciding they don't care any more (or, rather, that they do care and are now motivated to do the thing). So not only do you have a counter to action but you also have a situation where to overcome it, all a character has to do is change their mind. Which means eventually, the reader is rooting for the character to get over him/herself already and do the thing we want them to do. Conflict drives story. Conflict between a reader and a main character drives readers away from story.
Profile Image for Penny.
350 reviews34 followers
January 7, 2022
This book was super cute because of the kids but overall it was nothing special. I do like the single parent trope but I'm not really a fan of the single dad-nanny trope because so far I didn't enjoy the books that I read with this trope.

It was an okay read, I loved the kids, the H was as stubborn as the rest of the heroes in Melanie Harlow's books that I've read. I can't believe I'm saying that but I wish it was longer because I wanted more character development and I'd like to see more of them before they got together.

If I had to rate it against the other books I read by this author I would have given it 4 stars because I didn't enjoy it as much as Make Me Yours but I liked it more than Drive Me Wild. However, I have to settle to 3 stars because it was just okay.

Note: The extended epilogue was really cute but I'm not sure how they'll manage it 😂

Profile Image for Melanie (mells_view).
1,680 reviews310 followers
February 27, 2019
Super sweet single dad romance!

Frannie is the nanny to Mack’s three daughters, and also the youngest daughter of his boss. Both of them know that getting involved is probably not the best idea, but their electric attraction and the feelings they’ve been harboring for each other won’t let them stop what they started. I enjoyed this romance. Frannie is perfection. Mack is of course another good guy hero that just gets in his own way. That seems to be the Melanie Harlow standard, but I still liked him and was rooting for him and Frannie. Even when he made stupid decisions!! I loved the daughters. They were so fun to read about and their banter with their father was great.

All in all this is a great read. A feel good contemporary with a HEA!
Profile Image for Sentranced Jem.
1,025 reviews562 followers
February 19, 2019
PSX_20190219_213316

Title: Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms #1)
Author: Melanie Harlow

Let me just start out by saying this: That blurb does not do the book justice.
It's no secret that I'd read just about any book written by Melanie Harlow even if the book sounds almost like a cliché: Divorced Dad and a babysitter. *eye roll* right? Yup. Total cliché in the making but I have to admit that by the end of the first few chapters I realise that it's a whole lot more.

Trust Melanie Harlow. Trust Her to write a dang good book. Have faith.

I loved this book, you guys.
There were just so many moments in this book that gave it it's magic. From adorable interactions between Mack and his three daughters that just tugged at your heart's string to stolen moments between Mack and Frannie that just gave you butterflies in your tummy.
Let's not forget the scorching hot scenes between these two freaking amazing characters that just leaves you gobsmacked because the intensity was just WOW!

52902906_2080630318710760_3937729177792282624_n.jpg

Mack is ....Yowza! *drooling*
Just from the description in the book, he is HOT! He is also such an amazing dad. He might not always be the 'perfect' dad with his 'inabilty' to make the perfect ballet bun or with his weekend laundry disaster that turned all the whites into pink. But there is no doubt that mack is an amazing father. I think I love him more for that reason alone.

Frannie is a stunner. She is a sweetheart and has the kindest, most patient soul. A beautiful combination, don't you think so?

Irresistible is without a doubt an irresistible read! Actually, scratch that... Irresistible is a sexy and sweet book.
It has the perfect balance that makes it warm, cozy and cuddly like Frannie's cloud blanket but also has super 'adult moments' that just leaves you wanting more. The chemistry between these two is so explosive. So Sexy. So good!

Well Done Melanie! Another super awesome read!

4.5 new1

52577866_2084059785034480_1398318378073980928_n.jpg

Profile Image for Aviva’s Library.
227 reviews2,568 followers
July 7, 2022
Could be me, could be the book… but I just wasn’t so into it. It wasn’t horrible… but I wasn’t feeling it.

Besides for the fact that I think they got together too early… I think a big thing was that I didn’t like Mack. He didn’t want a relationship, he didn’t want to get married, he didn’t want any more children, but he wanted her. So he took her. And then pushed her away when he felt himself getting attached. He blamed it on his kids and then his kids were the one to set him strait and make him get her back.

He wasn’t very romantic, he did a bunch of iffy moves and said a lot of the wrong things and I just didn’t care for him.

I also got a weird vibe off the age gap. Usually I’m all here for the trope but she felt very young and immature to me and I wasn’t liking it very much.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 2,573 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.