Start by marking “Reel Love” as Want to Read:
Reel Love

Reel Love

Is it Reel Love or Real Love?

Hollywood

The moment I laid eyes on Finn Parker’s headshot, I knew that if this guy could act, I wanted him for the hero role in the film being made from my book, Fleeing an August Moon .

The tall, blond, and ruggedly handsome actor looked exactly like the picture I’d seen in my head the entire time I was writing the book.

The studio, howe
ebook, 1st edition, 340 pages
Published June 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Reel Love, please sign up.

Dawn Nicole Costiera
A Top Pick For 2019
Why am always surprised by a Julie Richman book? When each and everytime this women catapults me into a fantastic whole new world, where I become completely immersed. Reel love is her latest book and has the same true to life feel of her others. If you are a Julie fan, you are in for a treat. If you are a newbie, you will be transported and forever changed. You will become a true fan. Julie doesn't just create characters, she brings them to LIFE! Her visions can be seen and fe
MJ
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019-books
Reel Love is destined to be THE feel-good summer read of 2019! Julie Richman has crafted a truly clever romance between an author and the man who would ultimately be her muse, both for her upcoming movie and for her love life. Frankie and Finn have that kind of connection that both thought was forever out of reach and as their lives go from professional to personal and everything in between, it's just a matter of time before the notion of a reel love becomes one that is all too real.

Told in alte
Kim
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
This is a story of a Texas girl who found amazing success in writing a book that struck a chord with the masses. But now Francesca "Frankie" Simonelli is heading to Hollywood to cast the movie. She is smart, sassy, strong-willed, and determined to make the right choice for her story.

One man's picture is exactly who she saw in her head while writing. Finn Parker is that blond, blue-eyed, charmer come to life. But then she needs to see if he can act and has the soul to project her beloved
Renee
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The moement I laid eyes on Finn Parker's heashot, I knew that if this guy could act, I wanted him for the hero in the film being made from my book, Fleeing an August Moon. The tall, blond, and ruggedly handsome actor looked exactly like the picture I'd seen in my head the entire time I was writing the book. The studio, however, had different thoughts on a leading man. Box Office crusher, Maverick Dail
Rachel
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Frankie Simonelli is living a dream she never imagined. Watching her words come to life on screen is at the top of every author’s wish list -- and she gets final say in all casting. When she sees Finn Parker’s headshot she knows she has found her Griffin. But the studio wants to hire Hollywood hot shot Maverick Dailey. Both men would be great in the roll (and both want it) but she can only choose one.

This was a fun twist on a Hollywood romance. I loved Frankie’s view of Hollywood and couldn’t h
Courtney
3.5 Stars

Reel Love is Julie Richman's newest contemporary romance release.

I was hooked by the synopsis of this book - a romance book being turned into a movie. It's as though real life is being written into a book.

Frankie has the final say in who is casted for her book, something that is not the norm in Hollywood. Finn wants to land the role since it is being herald as the next box office smash. But to what lengths is Finn willing to go? And will Frankie mix up who she sees in her head as her
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Reel Love is Julie A. Richman’s next standalone novel. I have only read a few books by Julie but I have loved each of them and was looking forward to this one and once again I was not disappointed. Julie writes unique stories that just suck me in. The synopsis kicks ass so I will make this fast.

Frankie needs a Griffin. Finn needs a chance. When she saw Finn Parker’s headshot she saw her Griffin. The character she spent three years with from her best selling book, Fleeing the August Moon. And Fi
Three Chicks
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Francesca Simonelli has written "the book". The one that every woman is swooning over. The hero, Griffin Chase is the book boyfriend on everyone's lips. And now it's about to become a movie, one of the most anticipated book to movie adaptations. But who can live up to the author's expectations of playing Griffin?

I can't believe he even exists. Well, in real life, anyway.

Finn Parker just needs one movie, one incredible push to move him up to the A-list for Hollywood. He's got a
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Does he have a conscience or is he a handsome, soulless vessel?"

I was so very intrigued by the synopsis of this story. Being an avid reader of romance novels the current trend of turning steamy romance novels into movies is very exciting for me. I loved getting a behind the scenes look at what that might look like, with the steamy parts being both on and off the screen.

I've been a fan of the author for years, she never disappoints. As I've come to expect, she writes the most amazing support c
Aimee Crant-oksa
4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reel Love by Julie A Richman was my first book by this author. I really enjoyed the writing style, characters and flow of the story. It centers on a book to movie adaptation involving Hollywood, which I love and a forbidden relationship from friends to lovers.

Finn is a struggling actor with a closed off past. He wants this movie role more than anything as it can change his life. Will he get some color in his life and be open to a relationship?

Frankie is the author of the book and has a
Erin Lewis
5 Star review of Reel Love by Julie A Richman

Julie A Richman is a new author to me and I have to say that I loved Reel Love from the first to the last page. The story she wove reeled me in hook, line and sinker and I could not put it down. It had such an interesting blurb that I couldn’t help but jump at the opportunity to read an ARC and review.

To Frankie Simonelli, Finn Parker is exactly who she envisioned as Griffin Chase when she wrote the character. Finn knows that if he can land this role,
Avid Reader
Reel Love by Julie A. Richman
4 stars
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Frankie is the new up and coming author... she is the IT woman of Hollywood right now. When her book that was an international sensation is being made in to a movie, Frankie wants to experience the whole process and has final say for who gets to play her characters.

I really enjoyed Frankie. She took no guff from anyone and despite knowing the score in Hollywood, she really didn't let it get
Amy
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited for this book and it did not disappoint. I always wonder if when authors are writing a book are they thinking of someone in particular for each of the characters. If their story gets picked up to be made into a movie do they get control over who plays their characters. These questions get answered in Reel Love.

Frankie is an author who writes a book that takes off. While writing her story she had a picture of someone in her mind for the hero. Hollywood however has other plans. P
Shermaine Dowling
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a love story
Recommended to Shermaine by: Received an ARC for my review, but will purchase as well
This was a totally different story from some of Ms Richman's other offerings, and yet it still had some shades of the lifestyle of Schooner Moore, but from more of a Mia and Henry perspective (and if you don't know these characters, you MUST read Ms Richman's Needing Moore series). This was not just a story of two people from different backgrounds who converge as a result of an [interesting!!] situation where a romance author's novel makes it to Hollywood, and one of the contenders for the lead ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book was such a good read; I was hooked from the beginning and loved reading it to the last page. As with all of Julie Richman's stories, it is really well written and flows really well. It has a great storyline, captivating scenes and wonderful characters.

This is a story about the world of Hollywood, it's high expectations, unrealistic relationships and living up to the dream. It's about real love in an unreal world. Frankie is an author who is having her best seller made into a movie. I l
Frances Hernandez
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Frankie Simonelli is a romance writer who has found her literal dream guy, the muse from her imagination for her List bursting novel that is currently being cast for the movie adaptation. Finn Parker is the embodiment of the blonde, blue eyed Griffin Chase that Frankie has seen in her minds eye since the first chapter of Fleeing an August Moon. Reel Love is a glimpse behind the camera into the glitz and plastic of making a book into a movie in LaLa Land. The cast of characters all bringing somet ...more
Sharon
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book by Julie, she takes you on a journey through an authors life, who's book is being turned into a movie. 5 stars for this one!
Meet author Frankie, who's book took off and was a world wide hit, so big her agent got her a movie deal, but Frankie want's the final say in the lead roles. As she's looking through head shots, she see's Finn Parker, and that's the guy she pictured as the star of her book. But Hollywood is a tough place and the big wigs want the number one star Maverick
Lisa Corrado-Walsh
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Summer reading at it’s finest!

Julie Richmond has done it again! Julie has a way of capturing your interest at the beginning of the story. Well-developed characters and storyline will keep you hooked. You will not want to put the book down.
Frankie is an author who is having her book made into a movie. Finn fits the vision Frankie has in her head for the main character Griff. Is she attracted because she has created him or is she attracted to the man himself?
Finn is an actor who needs this part a
Alison Davies
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Julie has gone and done it again, as she takes us on an awesome journey.
What an amazing love story, of Finn and Frankie.
Frankie is the writer of the smash hit novel "Fleeing an August moon", which is now being made into a movie.
Frankie has the final say on the cast.
Which bring Finn into her life, looking for his big break.
He doesn't expect the sparks that fly when he meets the beautiful woman, that holds his future in her hands.
Frankie is a breath of fresh air, after being so used to t
Becca
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Julie delivers a book that captures you from the first word and doesn't want to let go of you after reading the last word. Finn and Frankie were everything I love about a great book. Witty, real, charismatic, magnetic yet flawed, perfect for each other in every way. Each has their own insecurities and who wouldn't when being embraced by the Hollywood lifestyle. Finn is an old pro, while Frankie is new to it all.

Brings back all the feels I got when first reading Searching for Moore. An
Jun 25, 2019 added it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this title. I liked the relationship of the characters...and, I know, it sounds odd to say this about a book entirely about the relationship of characters, so let me explain.

Romances are, always, about the romance that develops, but they sometimes forget to show that the characters really like and enjoy one another...and, that came through clearly in the story. And, I enjoyed this aspect of it. You have certain expectations in a romance, and th
Melanie
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julie Richman never, ever disappoints. There are a lot of tropes in contemporary romance; most can be done really well or not so much. What Ms. Richman does is takes a trope and turns it into so much more. Is this a "movie star" romance? Yeah, sort of, but the characters are so richly drawn, that it goes way beyond what you usually see. There's no drama for the sake of conflict. There are no evil side characters (okay, one that's annoying..), no huge misunderstandings that could be quickly clear ...more
Konny
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reel Love by Julie Richman is a standalone romance novel and another winner from this author.

Finn and Frankie are in for the challenge of their lives and I was in for a treat, sorry not sorry no spoilers here. Only so much, I loved meeting characters from previous books. I loved reading Finn and Frankie's story, reel or real.

The writing is excellent and the story is beautifully thought out and beautifully told. I was captivated from chapter one and read the book, sitting on the edge of my seat i
Gina McGahey
PERFECT SUMMER READ 💙
Julie Richman never disappoints in her beautiful talent. This story makes you feel all the emotions that Frankie & Finn are going through. It takes a lot for an author to make me have all the “feels” when I’m reading and Julie has done it again. This book is must read and shows a true love story blossom and in the end you want more because you are so connected to the characters.
Enjoy reading this phenomenal book!
Lucy Medina-olmos
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! ! I loved the premise of the book. Frankie (Francesca) is an author who has written a book that is so well loved that Hollywood wants to make a movie about it. Unheard of in the world of film is that they are giving her full control of the actors to play her lead characters. She and Finn start out as friends, but become so much more. Ms. Richman has captured me again and I applaud this master piece and I can't wait to read more from her.
Cleida R
❤❤ REEL LOVE ❤❤

Coming June 26th

Pre-Order:

Apple- http://bit.ly/ReelLoveApple

B&N - http://bit.ly/ReelLoveBn

What a fabulous romantic story.
Julie Richman has done it again, she creates such fantastic characters, so witty and funny, and a fantastic read. It really has everything – a great premise, a good solid, unpredictable plot, two endearing characters Frankie & Finn!
and exquisite writing.
Full Review coming!

Kelly
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, I love the way Julie tells a story.You feel it , you live it.
She never disappoints.
This tale of a romance writer, casting the actors to portray her characters in the movie version, hoping they are, who her characters are and don't disappoint her readers or her idea of who they should be.
The amazing love story that unfolds during the process, is everything.
Love this julie!! Well done!! I wish I could give it 10 stars!
Shiraza Khan
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The feel-good book is a beautiful story
Julie has a way with words and the story within the story is delightful
Finn and Frankie are lovely,
The story line is fascinating and delicious
It is the perfect summer read for all those who love Julie’s style of writing
I’ve always love the way Julie writes, the fact that she can use her imagination to give us such wonderful reads
Stephanie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the idea of this story! An author finding her leading man while searching the the leading man for her book turned movie. I really enjoyed reading about Frankie and Finn. Both characters grew during the story, but I really loved seeing Finn find himself with Frankie's help. I absolutely loved the ending!
USA Today Bestselling author Julie A. Richman is a native New Yorker living deep in the heart of Texas. A creative writing major in college, reading and writing fiction has always been a passion. Julie began her corporate career in publishing in NYC and writing played a major role throughout her career as she created and wrote marketing, advertising, direct mail and fundraising materials for Fortu ...more