Start by marking “Llega Ana” as Want to Read:
Llega Ana

Llega Ana

(Anne Chapter Book #1)

El clásico de 'Ana de las Tejas Verdes' adaptado para primeros lectores.
El libro cuenta la llegada de Ana a Tejas Verdes, la granja de Marilla y Matthew Cuthbert, quienes habían pedido un joven para que les ayudara con las tareas de la granja. Poco a poco, los Cuthbert le tomarán cariño a Ana, quien con su espontaneidad e imaginación cambia la vida de la granja para
Published January 31st 2019 by Lectorum Pubns (Juv) (first published September 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Llega Ana, please sign up.
Rachel G I'd say early grades. Maybe 1st-3rd grade?

Start your review of Llega Ana
Jane
Anne Arrives is a gorgeously-illustrated book telling the very first part of the Anne of Green Gables story. Just barely long enough to be a real chapter book, this would be a wonderful way to transition from picture books into chapter books.

The vocabulary used is likely not simple enough for new readers to tackle on their own, but this would be a lovely book to read together. I'm hoping that there will be more in this series because there is just so much more Anne to love.

Erin
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She had been Anne of nowhere particular for as long as she could remember. It was a million times nicer to be Anne of Green Gables.

An early reader's series, this introduces new readers to the irresistible Anne Shirley. A Nova Scotian orphan that comes to live on Prince Edward Island with brother and sister, Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert.

I am a huge Anne fan and I am so glad that these beautifully illustrated books exist.

Goodreads review published 10/07/19
Cheri
!! NOW AVAILABLE !!

A wonderful and beautifully illustrated adaptation of Anne of Green Gables aimed at early readers, this book covers the first few chapters. If you’ve seen the Netflix series show “Anne with an E” it doesn’t include everything in the first episode, but covers it, leaving out minor details.

Anne goes to live with the Cuthberts, Marilla and Matthew, a couple who find themselves in need of more help on the farm, and have made plans to adopt a boy. Matthew arrives at the train
Manybooks
Sorry, but with Kallie George's Anne Arrives, it certainly to and for me rather strongly feels as though I am reading not only a mere outline of L.M. Montgomery's wonderful Anne of Green Gables but also an outline which (at least in my humble opinion) does not even remotely come close to presenting and showing Anne Shirley as she is featured and depicted in the original. And no, I am NOT in any way implying that Kallie George has portrayed her adapted Anne Shirley erroneously, simply that the ...more
David Schaafsma
One of two 2018 books by George that she makes clear are not retellings or biographies of Anne of Green Gables but "inspired" but it. Good Night, Anne by George takes the "picture books are for getting kids to sleep" idea and just shares a lot of (beautiful) snapshots (by Genevieve Godbout) of Anne of Green Gables, but you see what she is doing, fangirl of Anne as she is; she is trying to get a new generation of readers to check out Montgomery's work.

Anne
Mel (Epic Reading)
Anne of Green Gables has been around for over 110 years now. Considering L. M. Montgomery's death year of 1942, with the original copyright date of the text, that puts this classic Canadian story in the public domain. It's lovely that everyone can enjoy it for free or inexpensively. Except that it also means everyone and anyone can appropriate any parts of the story or characters for their own use. Anne Arrives is an example of taking Montgomery's beautiful writing and simplifying it down so far ...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the first book in an early reader series about Anne of Green Gables. This short chapter book covers the first chapter of the novel. I wish this series had been around when I tried to read Anne to my young daughter. It is very true to the original story. The illustrations are wonderful and appear vintage so as not to take away from the time of the story. They do a wonderful job of depicting the storyline. This would make a beautiful story for a parent and child to read together while ...more
Kate
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely short story version of Anne of Green Gables. The illustrations are very sweet.
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
A lovely adaptation introducing early readers to the whimsical spirit of "Anne with an e".
When Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert need help on their farm, they adopt a boy. Except when Matthew arrives at the train station, he instead finds the talkative red haired Anne Shirley waiting for him.
Marilla initially intends to send Anne back so a boy can take her place. Saddened by the mix up and feeling unwanted, Anne still feels that Green Gables is meant to be her home. While Marilla may be practical
Karen Nelson
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading Anne Arrives and can not recommend this book enough! This is a easy reader version of the initial chapters of the children's class, Anne of Green Gables. Anne Arrives begins with Anne getting off the train and not being the gender desired, just as the novel begins. While the vocabulary and language is easier than the original book, it is by no means boring or repetitive that some easy reader books can become.

The illustrations are simply magnificent! They compliment the
Tammy
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2018
Granddaughter’s tickled pink we picked up our library hold last weekend of Anne Arrives which is also her first Penguin Young Reader! It covers the first chapter of the novel. She’s six years old and had very little trouble reading this to me, has read several times now and says she likes it. With it’s beautiful vintage illustrations and easy phonics it’s a great introduction for younger children into the world of Anne of Green Gables.
We’re looking forward to a second book “Anne’s Kindred
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aww, this book took me back to the first time I read Anne of Green Gables. It is a simple first introduction to Anne for the young reader or bedtimes stories. I absolutely love the illustrations and their flowery beauty. Any Anne fan will enjoy this new little look at what started it all for them.
Elsa K
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud
This was a delightful picture book/chapter book about none other than Anne Shirley. I thought it would be a good taste of Anne to see how my boys handled her. They loved it! Now I am eagerly awaiting the next ones and wondering how to keep them excited about Green Gables in the meantime.
This is a wonderful introduction to the world of Anne (with an "e") of Green Gables. This book covers the first chapter of the book, where we get to meet most of the main characters of the book. Easy to read, and with wonderful pictures, this would be the perfect book to introduce younger readers to the story.

Here is where Anne first meets Matthew , at the train startion

Anne arrives

I love the look on Marilla's face.

Cute introduction to a wonderful series, that is now over 100 years old.

And here is Anne
Jeimy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations are cute, but I would much rather read the original. Nevertheless, this is a good way to introduce Anne to younger readers.
Beth Anne
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I received a free ebook copy of Anne Arrives from NetGalley in exchange for my review.

This is an easy reader version of the first several chapters of Anne of Green Gables. The illustrations are very sweet and full of color that brings Anne and Green Gables to life in a beautiful way. However, I would recommend the original so highly, and as it is already intended for children, I would have a hard time justifying purchase of this book. I appreciated that there were many direct quotes from the
Karen
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ANNE ARRIVES
By Kallie George
Illustrated by Abigal Halpin

I never got the chance to read any of the Anne of Green Gables series growing up. This is just the most delightful little book for young children. This is beautifully illustrated. Anne makes it known that her name is spelled Anne with that e. Not Ann but Anne with her two red headed braids she is utterly charmed at Green Gables. They were expecting a boy to help with the farm work.

When this beautiful book is published I am buying several
Amanda
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rarely do I read a chapter book more than once, but Anne of Green Gables is one exception. It's one of my favorite books of all times so when I saw there was a picture book version about Anne of Green Gables I knew I had to read it. "Anne Arrives" is based on the first few chapters of the chapter book and I was happy to see that it follows very close to the original book. I read "Anne Arrives" aloud to my four year old daughter in the hopes of getting her hooked into L.M. Montgomery books at a ...more
Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery is a renowned children’s classic and this adaptation by Kallie George is the first in a new series for early readers. While the original Anne is intended for middle graders, Anne Arrives is written with even younger readers in mind.

With its illustrations and simple vocabulary, George has taken the first few chapters of Anne of Green Gables and made them accessible to a whole new audience. Holding this book back from absolute perfection, are the
Cassandra
What an absolutely darling book! I loved everything about it. From the stunning artwork, to the chapter book style retelling of such a well known children's classic. I was nervous going in, because I often feel like classics should be left untouched, but I honestly fell in love with this book. The illustrations alone are enough to make me want to buy it. Water color illustrations filled to the brim with vibrant colors, and beautiful details! I simply couldn't stop admiring the pages!

I can't wait
Diana
Book received from NetGalley

This book was really cute, it's a chapter book retelling of how Anne came to stay at Green Gables. If you already know the story you'll see just how much was taken out or retold to make this short book understandable and cohesive. It's definitely a good way for a younger child to be introduced to this series. I really recommend it.
Shelley
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth, historical, 2018
Early Chapter series adapting Anne of Green Gables--this covered the start through the apology to Mrs. Lynde. The art is really lovely and beautiful. The story is a little odd--it simplifies things, yes, and spells things out (Marilla was stern, but she was also kind). But it still uses some of LMM's vocabulary. This is on the far end of Early Chapters, and I think the reader who could get through this independently would be ready to tackle the novel. And the kids who may want a younger version ...more
Varsha Ravi (between.bookends)
A wonderful beginner's illustrated edition to Anne of Green Gables. It covers only the first couple of chapters of Anne arriving and getting settled into Marilla and Matthew's home. I hope they release later books covering the entire story. The illustrations are just absolute perfection!
Hayley
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful first readers adaptation, I loved the story and Abigail Halpin's illustrations are just beautiful - so perfect for Anne.
Linda Lipko
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent illustrations by Abigail Halpin render this version of Anne of Green Gables a lovely, sunny book.

The Cuthbert's want a boy to help on the farm. Instead, they receive a red headed girl with long straggly braids. It is easy to feel unloved and not able to fit in when you have longed for consistency and instead find chastisement.

Shame, shame on the older people, names Mrs. Lynde who simply cannot keep her nasty thoughts to herself, thus affirming Anne's self doubt.

Sharp tempered, Anne
Literary Soirée
ANNE ARRIVES is a beautifully imagined adaptation by Kallie George of ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, with lovely nostalgic illustrations by Abigail Halpin. This delightful first book in a new early-reader series features the lively Anne Shirley as she first arrives at Green Gables. Highly recommended!

Thank you to the author, Penguin Random House Canada and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

#AnneArrives #NetGalley
Kris
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely early chapter book that stays faithful to the feel of Anne, while successfully adapting it for younger readers. The illustrations add to the charm.
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

On review is Anne Arrives, the gorgeous debut in the Anne Chapter Book series, inspired by Anne of Green Gables, and adapted by Canadian author Kallie George, with pictures by artist Abigail Helpin. You may recognize Kallie George as the author behind popular children's series like Heartwood Hotel or The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, as well as being more recently featured here for Goodnight, Anne, a gloriously beautiful picture book (illustrated by Geneviève Godbout), also inspired by Anne of
Becky
First sentence: One sunny afternoon in June, Mrs. Rachel Lynde looked out her window.

Premise/plot: This is an early chapter book adaptation of L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables. That is it’s an adaptation of the first handful of chapters. It begins with Mrs. Lynde, Matthew, and Marina being surprised. Anne is a girl orphan and not a boy one like the Cuthberts requested! It ends with Anne apologizing to Rachel and being allowed to stay after all. (We don’t get so far as the brooch, the
Sara (Sjthroughthelookingglass)
I received an early copy from Tundra books.

As an avid reader, it is important to me to expose my children to books. I especially love the current trend in children's books to adapt beloved classics for early readers.

Anne Arrives is the first book in a new early readers series featuring my favorite red head. This short chapter book is based on just what the title suggests, Anne's early arrival to Green Gables. As a long time fan of Anne Shirley I was pleased to see that this adaptation kept
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Mary, Who Wrote Frankenstein
  • Captain Rosalie
  • Sir Simon: Super Scarer
  • I Am Small
  • Lucy Maud Montgomery (Little People, Big Dreams)
  • A Prickly Problem (Calpurnia Tate, Girl Vet #4)
  • Good Dog McTavish
  • Mother Teresa (Little People, Big Dreams)
  • Tomorrow Most Likely
  • Sergeant Billy: The True Story of the Goat Who Went to War
  • She Made a Monster: How Mary Shelley Created Frankenstein
  • There Are No Bears in This Bakery
  • Joy
  • Anne of Green Gables: A Graphic Novel
  • Anne Frank (Pequeña & GRANDE, #13)
  • Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)
  • The Breakaways
  • Shelter
I’m an author, editor, and speaker living in Vancouver, BC, near the sea. When I’m not writing or editing, I’m teaching creative writing workshops.

I have my Masters of Children's Literature from the University of British Columbia.

I love picture books, fairy tales, beautiful art and music, and baking cookies.

Anne Chapter Book (2 books)
  • Anne's Kindred Spirits: Inspired by Anne of Green Gables