Start by marking “Shark's Edge (Shark's Edge #1)” as Want to Read:
Shark's Edge (Shark's Edge #1)

Shark's Edge

(Shark's #1)

Every great dream begins with a dreamer…

Sebastian Shark is on the verge of realizing his dream. The Edge—the most luxurious Los Angeles skyscraper ever conceived—will be his legacy, an icon to dominate LA’s skyline just as Shark dominates its boardrooms.

Self-made businesswoman Abbigail Gibson is on a trajectory toward massive success, but to get there, she must
Published December 10th 2019 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about Shark's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shark's Edge

Start your review of Shark's Edge (Shark's Edge #1)
Kat Valentine
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great writing team!!! I've read Angel before but this is a first for victoria. They have written a great storyline that is full of hot sexy scenes with characters that were both likeable and intriguing. Sebastian is a force of nature with a dominant personality that has his sites set on abbi and whatever it takes he's willing to do,but even though abbi has had a thing for him she has her dreams and it's a constant battle of wills and if she's not careful it maybe her heart that takes the ...more
Kat Valentine
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2019-reads

**BETA READ**

Full Review:

You all thought you’d seen the best of these two authors... well, the best is yet to come!!

Shark’s Edge is phenomenal. A mixture of suspense, passion, mystery, and of course romance. From page one till the very end, I was on the edge of my seat. I couldn’t help but fall in love with these characters and I’m so deeply invested in these characters' lives, and the world the authors have created. Completely addicted!

I was fortunate enough to be able to BETA read this
Erin
Received from Bookish First in exchange for an honest review.

I don't know why I read this. I knew I would hate it and I read anyway.

I HATED THIS BOOK!

It was a bland paint by numbers Fifty Shades type of book. It wasn't sexy or erotic in any way and to make matters worse it was boring.

Also despite non stop sex talk there is no sex until the last 15 - 20 pages.

YES! You heard me right!

NO SEX UNTIL THE VERY END OF THE FUCKING BOOK!

This book was even more disappointing then I thought it would
Joselyn Henry
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mhmm, as the title of the review goes. I love both of these authors and when they combine writing it's even better. I couldn't put the 37 pages of the first look down read it all and I want so much much more. Each character is written so well you can picture exactly what they look like and sound like and even their personality. I love it when books have so much detail it's like your in the book watching these characters in their lives. I would love to read the whole and will most likely be ...more
Shel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Being one of the top self-made men in LA is exhilarating. Being a man who could have any woman is satisfying. But, being the target of some mystery person who wants to see him and his empire crumble is shaking even the stoic, commanding Sebastian Shark. It also does not help that a sprite little redhead is messing with his machismo and his mind.

Abbigail Gibson is also a self-made success, just not on an equal level as the devastating Mr. Shark. It is not in her plans to fall for the
Alison
DNF at 16%.

Love the cover but that's where it ends for me. Ridiculous caricatures, billionaire businessmen speaking like 15 year old boys. so-called 'friends' who are more like enemies. CEOs who think they can terminate contracts without just cause. Yawn.

This may appeal to those who love a good angst YA/NA billionaire power play but Christian Grey got exposed as a whiny cry-baby and imitating that kind of arrogant, bossy, little-boy-lost character is like six years out of date.

I received a free
Amanda Shepard
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Angel and Victoria first brought up Shark's Edge I knew right away I had to have it. These two authors make the magic happen together, absolutely brilliant. This series is going to be epic! The suspense had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put it down for anything. I am so excited for December!
I am a sucker for a suck you in until you feel like drowning, romantic suspense. Throw in two of my favorite authors and a hard, sexy alphahole billionaire and I'm in love.
Sebastian and
Living My Best Book Life
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
OMG!! That was so amazing!! I just finished reading Shark's Edge, book 1 in the Shark's Edge series, and it was steamy, suspenseful, and unputdownable.

This definitely gave me fifty shades vibes, but at the same time unique in its own way. Angel Payne and Victoria Blue are some of my favorite authors and I just love it when they collaborate. They bring out the best in each other and absolutely nailed it when they wrote Shark's Edge.

The story follows Abbigail Gibson and Sebastian Shark. Abbi is a
Angela
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought I had already read the best...

OMG! OMG! OMG! I thought I had read the best Angel Payne and Victoria Blue had written in past series. But, Shark's Edge has me questioning myself.
This is a scorcher ladies. It burns hotter than 40 hells.
Shark's Edge is...Suspenseful. Exhilarating. Dramatic. Romantic. It had my emotions on a rollercoaster, throughout the whole book. But, I. Loved. Every. Single. Minute.
Given the review I wrote, how can I give this anything less than the maximum of 5
Amanda Rowell
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew this book was going to be good. Sebastian and Abbigail's story is so addicting. Sebastian is a man used to getting what he wants and with Abbigail it's not that simple. She is not his typical type but that doesn't stop the sparks from flying when these two are around each other. He's a ruthless billionaire and she is the owner of her catering business. Everyday Abbigail brings him his lunch, sets it up where he wants it and does everything except feed him before she leaves. Sebastian is ...more
Sue
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Blown away! Amazing! Phenomenal! Brilliant! Shark’s Edge is the incredible start to what is sure to be an epic series. I couldn’t put it down and read it all in one sitting! There is something for everyone in this book. Mystery, suspense, romance. All of the feels are here. I absolutely loved it. Kudos to Angel Payne and Victoria Blue.
Belle's Book Labyrinth
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited for this new series by these two awesome authors!

Sebastian Shark is an arrogant, self-made billionaire who has opened up The Edge in downtown LA and brings women on their knees with his sexy looks. But there is only one woman that may bring this alpha down on his own knees. That woman is Abbigail. She is a self-made catering business owner who has Shark as one of her clients. Innocent yet sassy, smart and strong-headed, she fantasizes about Shark, yet his egoistical attitude has
Linda Dunn
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jumping into the deep end...

When Angel Payne and Victoria Blue combine their writing creative juices, you know you are going to get something special.

Sebastian Shark is the epitome of Alpha male. Dominant in the boardroom and the bedroom. He needs to be in charge of his world. His name suits him to a "T". A predator in a 3 piece designer suit. His current prey is Abbigail Gibson, a sassy business woman on the rise to taking her catering profession to the next level. She has yearned and
b.andherbooks
Oct 14, 2019 marked it as dnf
I read an excerpt on Bookish First and the hero uses the term "cuck" to describe another character in his first chapter, so hard pass.
Laurie Murray
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to start. Sebastian is this powerful force and Abigail sees this from the beginning. He lives up to his name and is a shark when it comes to business and how he wants things done. Abigail has no idea what is in store for her. I can’t wait for the next one to see what happens not just with these two but also Shark’s Edge which is his dream to build.
Belinda Clemons
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished Shark's Edge and it has me breathless the tension the mystery of whos trying to bring down Baz, the Heat between him and Abbigail is just fantastic. I also love RIo as I said during the first impression. the ending had me gasping then I got to read a snippet of the second book and was happy again. im wanting book two so badly right now lol I love his niece also. and my favorite line was when Rio told her He asked where Little Red Riding Hood was I laughed with Abby there. Angel ...more
Karen Aguilera
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Little Red Riding Hood meets the Big Bad Bas.

This is first book in what is going to be an amazing series by Angel and Victoria.

Abbi is a sweet young girl who has fantasies about Sebastian.
Sebastian is a ruthless, dominating no holds bars businessman who can't seem to control himself every time he sees Abbi.

Sharks Edge will keep you on the edge of your seat as these two battle back and forth until they each get want they want.

This is defiantly a MUST read for 2019.
Lisa
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This eye catching cover and the title caught my attention from the first time I saw a post about it. And once I started reading, and I saw the promise of all these books to come, I could tell it is planned to be quite the series.

Sebastian is successful and powerful, and you find out right off the bat that someone is messing with him. Or it appears that way? Don't have all the answers but something weird is going on. And Abbigail is way younger but already successful in her own way and confident
Erin Lewis
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review of Shark’s Edge (Shark’s #1) by Angel Payne & Victoria Blue

Shark's Edge is book one of an exciting new series from Angel Payne and Victoria Blue. Having read several books from this writing duo, I was expecting heat, spice, suspense and danger and that is exactly what I got. I have no idea where one author finished and the other took over, such is the seamlessness of this writing duo.

Sebastian Shark is a an alpha, dominating male focused on achieving his business goals.
Lydia Kay Stephens
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG... Shark’s Edge is first book in this series, Awesome book, Angel Payne and Victoria Blue you both have done it again! Sebastian and Abbigail’s story is so addicting. I loved this book so much and sure you will to! I’m also so ready for Shark’s Pride the second book in the series.
Jessica Alcazar
I like what I’m reading so far, a lot, but there’s a lot of ...conflict to the storyline already in motion and I’m hoping that it doesn’t overshadow the romance that’s also building between Sebastian and Abbigail. We shall see ..... stay tuned!

Update (12/13/19): I was going to expand on the this review before posting on the blog but I've changed my mind because nothing has happened storyline wise that I can even talk about with you because, spoiler! Also, this is only the beginning. Sebastian
Melissa
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing even though you want to kick Sebastian and Abbi sometimes. I really want to know which “nasty” Nine Inch Nails song was playing lol. Next one please!!!!
Kika Medina
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Powerful, sexy, sassy, amazing, beautiful, spectacular and I can keep going!
Angel and Victoria you girls did it again, this is an amazing story and I cannot wait to continue reading sexy Sebastian and Sassy Abbi, I absolutely loved it, they are absolutely perfect for each other and of course I am so damn intrigued of what’s going to happen next.
It was beyond AMAZING!!!!
Crystal Stafford
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first two chapters definitely give you a successful feel for the main characters. You can tell Abbi is young, driven, smart, and inexperienced. Mr. Shark on the other hand; very experienced, arrogant, rude, smart, driven, cold, and confident. There's chemistry, intrigue, mystery, and complication, most of what I look for in a contemporary romance! The dynamic between the main and supporting characters is important and something I truly love to see. I already love Grant. Looking forward to ...more
Once Upon
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
We're introduced to the no non-sense, viscous, dominating Sebastian Shark that tramples through everything and anyone. Controls his entire surrounding till they bend to his will from his ivory tower that's built his success.

Than he meets Abbigail Gibson. Passion collides and chemistry has never been hotter. We see a side to both characters that only those close to them will see. Compassion, devotion...love. Passion is risky between the two, resistance is being tested but nothing is hotter then
Alexandra
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Five mind-blowing stars! Powerful, sexy, sassy, amazing, beautiful, spectacular!

Oh my shark! What a dangerous and phenomenal writing team makes Angel Payne and Victoria Blue! I have read both talented ladies' books before, more recently Angel Payne, and oh my goodness! They are fire together. Their writing complete each other flawlessly. It's passionate, elegant, intense, sexy and beautiful. A bomb that blows your mind! It didn't take me long to become addicted to this unique, steamy, mysterious
April
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a classic erotica novel. The two main characters are opposite in personalities of course and start off kinda rubbing each other the wrong way but they both feel a pull towards each other. Mr. Shark is an older successful and strong willed business man who usually gets what he wants when he wants it. So it is no surprise that Abbigail Gibson doesn't do what he always wants. She too is strong willed and determined to be a successful restaurant owner and caterer. Yet she is young, ...more
Corinne Akers
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG - the start of a new series always excites me, and this book really delivers! Sebastian Shark owns a lot of LA real estate and is planning for more by building the newest skyscraper in the city’s iconic skyline - The Edge. But with the start of a new project comes a string of strange, dangerous events that target Stark and paint him into a not so good light with the public.

Abigail Gibson is a caterer and owns her own business delivering lunches to local office buildings and catering
Heather Martin ogden
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say how much I adore Angel and Victoria as writers but as a writing Duo I just can't resist them. And in Shark's Edge they brought a incredible beginning of Sebastian and Abbigail's story in book 1.
Sebastian Shark is successful, dominant, sexy, and completely arrogant aka his the perfect alpha for me to crave.....thanks ladies I'm a goner.
Abigail reminds me a lot of my sister, someone who does things her own way and ways to succeed in the world even if it's deal with a arrogant sexy
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Bookish First Rea...: Shark's Edge by Angel Payne & Victoria Blue 1 6 Oct 22, 2019 08:31AM

• Misadventures with a Twin
  • Misadventures at City Hall
  • Ravenous (Steel Brothers Saga #11)
  • The Red Ledger: Part 8
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • The Red Ledger: Part 7
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • The Red Ledger: Part 9
  • Revenge (The Red Ledger #7-9)
  • Misadventures in Blue
  • Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)
  • Truth We Bear (Pieces of Me, #2)
  • Reunited: A Novella
  • Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella
  • Undefeated (Blood Bond Saga #13-15)
  • Delight Me (Stark Ever After Celebration)
  • Remember Me
  • Possessive Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #2)
USA Today bestselling romance author Angel Payne has been reading and writing her entire life. She has written for four publishing houses, and is also independently published. She most enjoys focusing on high heat and adventurous plots starring memorable alpha men and their headstrong heroines.

Angel's bestselling book series include the Bolt Saga, the Honor Bound series, the Suited for Sin

Shark's (6 books)
  • Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge #2)
  • Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge Book 3)
  • Grant's Heat
  • Grant's Flame (Shark's Edge #5)
  • Grant's Blaze (Shark's Edge #6)