Start by marking “Keeping Her Close (A Pacific Cove Romance #3)” as Want to Read:
Keeping Her Close (A Pacific Cove Romance #3)

Keeping Her Close

(A Pacific Cove Romance #3)

Hired to protect her

…unable to resist her

The job sounds simple: teach a businessman’s daughter how to stay safe. But former navy SEAL turned bodyguard Kyle Frasier has a personal motive, too. Harper Jansen is his late best friend’s fiancée. Loyalty demands he protect her, not that Harper looks in need of rescuing. In fact, it’s Kyle who needs help—balancing duty withher
Published October 1st 2019 by Harlequin Heartwarming

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Her Close, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Her Close

Start your review of Keeping Her Close (A Pacific Cove Romance #3)
Susan
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, all I can say is, why I have I never read Carol Ross before? She had my emotions all over the place. Once I started reading KEEPING HER CLOSE, it was very hard to stop! The twists and turns made it impossible to put down, I had to know what was going to happen to Harper and Kyle. What an awesome story. All of Carol’s characters feel genuine and relatable and put your emotions on one heck of a roller coaster ride. As you are reading, you will find yourself cheering for all of them, praying t ...more
Jes Drew
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a sweet romance (note, it was just romance- not romantic suspense despite the hero being a body guard) between a free-spirited millionaire's daughter turned photographer and a straight-laced, stoic former Navy SEAL turned security consultant. Further complications arise from the fact that she's his late best friend's ex-fiancé; the late best friend he is even now trying to investigate the death of. On top of it all, he has relationship issues, and she has trust issues...

I think th
Melanie  Brinkman
Love is never simple.

It's a simple enough job right? Former Navy SEAL turn bodyguard, Kyle, is supposed to teach a business man's daughter to stay safe. But his life turns upside down when he finds he must protect Harper Jensen, his late best friend's fiance. He's supposed to help her, but Kyle soon finds himself in need of help, as he falls in love with her. Is it possible to have it all?

A story of two souls falling in love and letting go. What happens when the line betw
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I’m a big fan of this author’s books, and Keeping Her Close is no exception!

Harper and Kyle are very likable characters, and so are the cast of supporting players. Harper especially charmed me with her somewhat unpredictable, warm, and witty personality. I loved seeing a “cameo” by Mandisa’s Good Morning song too! Harper is not a stereotypical daughter of a billionaire, and Kyle isn’t a stereotypical former Navy Seal. Well, ok, he really appears that way at first but his sense of hum
LAWonder10
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper was the daughter of a very controversial and successful businessman. After the sudden death of her boyfriend, a few months prior, she was, now, ready to move on with her life.

Kyle was Harper's former boyfriend's best friend. he had refused to leave the Navy Seals with his best friend. Now he was, also, a former SEAL, and was in Harper's father's high rise, where his deceased friend's former employer, Dahlia, also had an office. Kyle hoped to fill the opening his friend's death
MJSH
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, book-tours
"Everyone thinks forgiveness is a two-step process. Forgiveness and acceptance. And sometimes it is that simple. But sometimes, like with you, it's not. It's a three-step process. If you wrong someone, it isn't up to you to decide if they should forgive you. You apologize, and then they get to decide what to do with it. But it doesn't work unless you then accept their forgiveness. Whether you think you deserve it is irrelevant."

I haven't read that many of Carol Ross' books but am sat
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

It was just a somewhat easy bodyguard job, so how hard could it be. Well, if the young lady he was to watch wasn’t a daughter of a billionaire it wouldn’t be do bad. And to make it worse, she was a photographer, so she had no set hours. Every day, sometimes every hour was different. How was he suppose to keep the lady safe. But former navy SEAL Kyle Frasier was hired now, so he had a job to do, including staying far away from Harper Jansen.

I usual
Suzie Waltner
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper Jensen Bellaire is a character you’re not going to want to miss. Her tendency to blurt out information without fully comprehending a situation is obvious (and quite humorous) the first time she meets Kyle Frasier. Despite her father’s success, she’s kind and down to earth. She’s been hurt by others and guards her heart.

At first, Kyle comes across as intense and rigid which makes those moments when his sense of humor ekes through all the more fabulous. I mean, the yoga class sc
Jypsy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Prism and the author for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Keeping Her Close
By: Carol Ross

*REVIEW* ❤❤❤❤
Keeping Her Close is the ideal story if you want something sweet, easy to read and doesn't require a ton of time. I like these types of simple romance books. Harper is a billionaire' s daughter in need of protection. Enter Kyle, the security consultancy hired as her bodyguard. It's an odd situation, though, because Harper wa
Kate Vale
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Pacific Cove Romance installment in which Harper Jansen is saddled with a bodyguard after an attack on her billionaire father. The person selected to protect her is a former navy SEAL, Kyle Frasier, who knew her ex-fiance, now deceased. What Kyle doesn't know is that Harper broke her engagement after concluding that her fiance was engaged in illegal behavior, although she had no proof.

When Kyle is tasked with trying to clear her former buddy's name, he knows it means he has to get
Rachel DeVaughn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story follows Kyle as Harper's bodyguard who also happens to be his best friends fiancee. Kyle is very serious about this job and attention to detail and I really liked his character. I liked Kyle's and Harper's banter and friendship back and forth. Easy to read, interesting plot and great characters. Elements of trust, forgiveness and love through out this sweet clean romance story. I really liked it!

I received a copy of this book complimentary for blog and social media review. All opinio
Sunnie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story by Carol Ross. Kyle is hired to protect Harper and is somewhat torn as to his feelings for her and respect for the memory of his best friend. As they continue to be together, strong feelings develop and his isn't sure of the best way to handle them.

It's a really good story about feelings that could easily happen under these circumstances. It's a sweet story and I really enjoyed it so much! Sorry to see it end! You will love it!

I received an ebook co
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Prism Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Keeping Her Close by Carol Ross is a whirlwind of emotions that are all over the spectrum of feelings. Harper is a great person, and so is Kyle, even if he doesn't think that he is.
Will Kyle's duty prevail, or will he's emotions win?
Harper Jansen Bellaire
Harper Jansen Bellaire is our heroine and love interest to Kyle Fraiser. Her father is an eccentric environmental sciereview.Keeping
Cathleen Perez Brenycz
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keeping Her Close tells the story of Kyle Frasier, a former Navy SEAL hired by a wealthy environmentalist to guard his daughter Harper Jansen after an attempted attack on his life. Kyle and Harper's first encounters were uneasy, but they soon form a deep connection that grew intimate as time went on, much to Kyle's discomfort. To make matters even more complicated, Kyle is also tasked to uncover the mystery of his friend Owen's death, who happened to be Harper's ex-fiancee.

One thing that I enjo
Erin
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: prism-book-tours
My Thoughts On Keeping Her Close:
This is a fast and fun read by a new author to me. I knew what was going to happen, but that didn’t mean I didn’t need to keep reading this book. It was definitely enjoyable.

Ready for a night curled up on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book? Then this is the book for you. It will keep you reading, won’t be boring, and yet you’re not going to be waiting for someone to break down the door and murder you in your sleep.

I really love a goo
C.E. Hart
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I just finished reading Keeping Her Close and I’m immersed in all kinds of f-e-e-l-s! And I just realized there are two prior books in this series that I. Must. Read.

Sometimes characters become so real that they seem like old friends. And sometimes a setting becomes so familiar that you are sad when you have to leave and are looking forward to revisiting again in the future. That’s the case with Kyle, Harper, and Pacific Cove.

Kyle is more than a former Navy Seal. More than a secur
Cathy Cermele
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper Jensen is funny, sweet and the daughter of a billionaire who happens be in need of a bodyguard. The bodyguard chosen for the job just happened to be the best friend of her deceased fiancee. I normally shy away from books about billionaires because, the few that I have read haven't been too interesting to me, but this one held my attention throughout.

Harper isn't the typical spoiled little rich girl that I expected to see, she is an independent young woman who focuses on her ph
Hallie Szott
Harper Jensen is the kind-hearted daughter of a wealthy businessman, wary of letting anyone too close. Kyle Fraiser is an intense former Navy SEAL, using his skills as a bodyguard now. They have more than just the job of teaching her to stay safe in common, and it makes the undeniable feelings far more complicated.

Keeping Her Close is the third novel in the Pacific Cove Romance series from Carol Ross, and it is a lot of fun. With humorous banter, an endearing community, and plenty of
Lynn Brooks
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

KEEPING HER CLOSE is book three in the emotionally riveting Pacific Cove Romance series by Carol Ross and brings us the story of a former Navy SEAL turned bodyguard and a photographer in a bit of an opposites attract story.

Harper is immediately an easy to relate to character even though she's keeping some info about her late fiancee under her sleeve for a good bit of the book. She's kindhearted and seems always willing to give of her time.

Kyle is c
Patti Whitson Stephenson She Lives to Read
I liked this story. This is a genre that I don’t normally read, but I became very interested in Harper and Kyle’s story. Their characters were relatable. Harper was a very caring, outgoing young woman who was unspoiled by her father’s wealth, but was struggling after her fiancé’s untimely death. Kyle, who has been hired by Heather’s dad to watch over her security, was wanting to make amends with his family after being apart from them for some time. Their romance was a sweet one, and I enjoyed ho ...more
Lenoire
Former Navy Seal Kyle Frasier is hired to keep a businessman's daughter safe by teaching her self defense skills to protect herself. Harper Jansen is also his late best friend's fiancée. His loyalty towards his best friend is guiding him to ensure Harper is safe.  As the two become closer but, Kyle knows Harper is off-limits. However, will he follow his heart and be with Harper?

The book was an enjoyable read for fans who like clean cozy romances. I like how each character viewed loya
Amy
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeping Her Close is the third installment from A Pacific Cove Romance series by Carol Ross. This is the first book I have read by Carol Ross. She has earned herself a new fan. I loved this sweet and heartwarming romance. I enjoyed getting to know Harper and Kyle. They were so entertaining together. I found myself laughing at some scenes.
I am giving Keeping Her Close five plus stars. I would love other books in A Pacific Cove Romance series.
I received this book from the publisher. This re
Janet
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keeping Her Close, the latest in A Pacific Cove Romance by Carol Ross is so well deserving of High 5 Stars! Be expected to stay up all night for this one! A truly sweet romance with a strong heroine and most romantic and passionate Hero. I really fell in love with Harper Jansen's character, she's strong, and feisty, yet sweet and very loving. If you love a good romance with a strong hero and equally strong heroine, then look no further, this is definitely the book for you!

Janice Sisemore
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Keeping her close

Kyle is applying to be bodyguard for Harper and teach how to be safe. He used to work for her late husband but she doesn’t recognize him at first.

A lot is found out about her late husband Lawton. Read and see what it is.

I loved Kyle and his ideas for keeping her safe. He really has some good points.

A fast reading book that was very enjoyable.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from Prism book tours. This book review is my own opinion.
Patricia
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is a very good mystery story, he is trying to protect her , someone want to hurt her and her father, she is also the girl his best friend planned to marry, can he keep her safe and find the bad guys. this is a well written story, I was given a copy of the book but this is an honest review. if you have read any of Ms Rosses books you will want to read this one
Pauline Frost
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written perfectly paced story pulling you in from the start. A tragic that ended up opening Kyle's eyes on his friend Owen. Also how Harper fits into all this. Then how Kyle feels about his family and deals with it. A story you want to pick up for a good read.
Cathie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written book! The characters were believable and fun. I enjoyed it a lot. I just would have liked a little something bad to happen to make it just that much more interesting.
Harlequin Books