Start by marking “High Seas” as Want to Read:
High Seas

High Seas

(The High Stakes Saga #2)

They told her jumping would bring her home. Either they lied, or something is very wrong with Eve. She jumped to save her friend. She jumped to prevent Enoch from becoming the monster she knew from the future. But she didn’t land there. She landed in 1717. In the middle of the ocean, no less. And for a girl who couldn’t swim? That was the worst place in the world.

After be
Kindle Edition
Published March 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about High Seas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Seas

Start your review of High Seas
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
"I really could not guess where this story was going, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The story was gripping and kept me hooked, I cannot wait for the next book in this series. I only wonder where this series can go next and I honestly can’t wait!"

Full Review at ABookHaven
Amber
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Casey Bond has done it again, High Seas is such an amazing read. I really love this series and its characters. The world within High Seas is just mind blowing. I love that blend of different genres, the author brings us in this story. Im not really a big scifi fan, however, I dont feel like the scifi aspect is in your face big. I love the paranormal romance she brings, Enoch and Eve are my favorite characters. I love that we get to see more of him and the other characters along with their POVs. ...more
Erin
Anyone that read the first book has been holding their breath waiting to see what happens from the first sentence of this book, and I was certainly no acception -- nor was I disappointed. Just by the title of the book, it was clear that what Eve thought should have happened certainly did not. Eve was going to be in water somewhere; not at the compound, and likely not in the right time. Dying to find out what happened to Enoch after she left, we don’t have to wait long -- thank goodness!

I’m sure
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
High Seas is the second book in the High Stakes Saga and cannot be read as a stand alone. It begins where book one left off.

When Eve jumped out of the year 1348, she expected to go home, pulling her teammates with her. She jumped to save their lives and to prevent Enoch from changing from the caring and loving individual he was into the monster he will become. But something goes terribly wrong. Instead of finding herself back in her time, she finds herself plunging into the sea and being saved f
Emily Goodman
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bond takes us on yet another fully engaging journey through time with High Seas, book two in the High Stakes Saga. Please note, you must read High Stakes, Book One to follow along with this new release. Although this novel is a combination of SCI-FI and paranormal I’d also go as far as to describe this novel as “The Originals” meets “Pirates of the Caribbean” as Bond takes you to new depths in the high seas of the South Atlantic.

Eve, Titus and Abram find themselves thrust into 1717 in the Briti
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is book two in the High Stakes series and if you love vampires, time travel and just plain good reading you need to read this series! Highly recommend you read book one before reading this one!

We start right where High Stakes left off. Eve lands in a new time which isn’t her own with one thing in mind...find Enoch! When she finds him she doesn’t get the reception she was expecting. Everything is wrong and she needs to figure out what happened since she left him.

“I’m sorry,” he simply said,
Stina
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you like Time Travel? Vampires? Pirates? Vampires that are Pirates? Of course you do, who doesn’t? No one, that’s who! And that’s why everyone should read High Seas, preferably after reading High Stakes as HSeas picks up right where HStakes ends.

Eve and her fellow assets have leapt forward in time, only not enough, and must now once again orient themselves in a new (old) world, but the path is not an easy one. Eve tries to prove her trustworthiness while trying to figure out why she was set
Wendy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
High Seas starts right from end of High Stakes, what an adventure from falling from the skies into the ocean, to the year 1717 instead of they’re time, sailing with Blackbeard to Enoch’s destination. Eve finds Enoch, but he is upset and won’t listen to Eve, then Eve learning about the clones of her, Titus and Abram. We go to they’re time and Maru starts questioning why the three aren’t back, so he starts investigating. Titus and Eve realize they need to get back to they’re time, Eve isn’t doing ...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Wow, what another amazing read!!

I loved how we basically picked up here from where we left off in book one. I love it when authors do that because it makes it feel as if the story really didn't end. It just continues on like nothing happened.

The characters are awesome. Different time, different place, but the same characters....Well, some of them anyway...To find out what I am talking about, hurry and purchase your copy today!!

The story-line was fan-flipping-tastic!! Bond kept me addicted throug
Kimberly
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to feel right now!! I'm happy because I finally got to read book 2, I feel like I've been waiting forever to know what happened! Once I started reading I didn't want to stop, I didn't care what was going on around me! I inhaled this book!! I feel like the time flew by and I was at the end and I was mad because I needed more, I wanted to call Casey and ask why couldn't there be just one more chapter?! You know when Kathy Bates kidnaps that author and ties him to the bed unti ...more
Kalli Bunch
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There I was, minding my own business reading like the innocent reader I am. I was super invested in the book that I didn't see the end coming. When out of the blue the end just kills me!!! I turned my kindle over and over, clicked on the screen like I MUST have been missing something. Then I yelled "HOW YOU GONNA DO ME LIKE THAT, CASEY!!!" lol I had a slight Misery moment. You know, that pivotal reader moment when you picture yourself as Kathy Bates in Misery and you want to track down the autho ...more
Kaila
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We continue where we left off from the first book, and it's getting really exciting! Loving the way the settings change since they're time traveling. I enjoyed this read, and can't wait for the next adventure! Very Pirates of the Caribbean if you ask me :) Pirates and vamps! Ooh, what a combination! This was indeed a page turner, and gave me a book hangover!

Looks like "the leader" (for those who haven't really read) really screwed things up! Looks like he is the one who put the humans in danger
Lexie
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
After reading the first book and being super on-the-fence about it, I picked this one up. I liked it, but I wanted more from it. The first book has a pretty interesting ending, and I get why Enoch would hate Eve for it. But it just seems like he was too quick to forgive? Maybe he just has a better heart than I do. I also thought it was way too soon for them to declare their love for each other. Like... no. I also did not appreciate the five different perspectives we got in this book. Enoch's and ...more
Cheer Papworth
Well, douse me with holy water and stake me in the heart! It’s another vampire apocalypse adventure, but on this episode Eve has jumped through time and landed smack dab in the middle of a pirate territory. Pirates, yes pirates! And Enoch, smoking hot vampy Enoch, is a swashbuckling hero of epic proportions. He’s the “bad guy” and yet he’s oh so deliciously good! There’s a world to save, hearts to mend and clones to conquer! I’ll stop gushing before I give away too much, but you’re in for a real ...more
Kayla Mingus
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the read

I ended up finishing this series In less than a week. I lost sleep, staying up til 3am. Enoch and Eve are destined to be. When the series starts she’s living in a compound training to be a top asset with a burning hate for Enoch and his siblings. She’s been taught to believe they are the worst thing for humanity. She travels through different times only to find the man she’s been taught to hate is nothing like the man she’s been brain washed to hate. Read this series and take the j
Amy Deal
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put this one down. So much action, romance and awesome in one book! Enoch is one of the best characters I've ever read. Casey captures everything about vampires that I love. Eve is the perfect heroine. She has to deal with the fallout of her leaving Enoch and regain his trust and faith. The supporting characters are well written and have substance, making you either love them or love to hate them. I can not wait to read more. Bravo Casey!
Doris
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the way Casey’s writing pulls you into the story, you really feel as though you’re there experiencing the world she’s created.
High Seas picks up for Eve, right where Book One left her along with the other Assets. Enoch has spent all this time... hating her.
We get to experience their reunion and how this has changed everyone.
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!!! You will not regret reading it!!
~Dowie
Amber slater
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

Couldn't stop reading. A little old world and a lot of the future world filled with vampire hunters from the future. Eve and her 3 comrades are sent on a mission, one they were lured about. Using the past to communicate with the future to stop devistaion. Love found in the wrong ... person with the hope to change the future. I hate science fiction but this is a great read.
Linda
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book ended too quickly and now have to wait to find out what happens! High Seas was not what I expected but was captivated by the first page. Enoch and Eve are fantastic together and you just want them to end up together. The mystery builds up needing to know how this saga is going to end! Will Victor triumph for the humans or Enoch find the peace he wants to live within humans?
Kathy
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, so freaking awesome! Enoch is still hot!! I’m really loving this new take on vampires. Nope, no sparkling. Just good storytelling. Which this author is known for.
I don’t do spoilers. I will say this....READ this! Grab first book, then this. Be ready to look like a raccoon for a few days from lack of sleep. But so worth it!
Crystal Gray
Shelves: signed-gems
This series though! Holy cow. Time travel, romance, vamps, hunters, PIRATES! Like what?!?! Who can make that work? Casey can! I am dying to find out what happens next, we were teased with just enough to keep us guessing.
Lindsay Carter
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these books so much. in a way I'm glad it took me a little while to get to as I have high society and high noon to read straight away! I never knew I needed time traveling and vampires in one book series!
Lisa P
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And then chapter 14 happens

This series is reminding me of the tv show Quantum Leap but instead of changing characters, these characters continue to evolve. This series has been a great read thus far. Looking forward to what comes next!
Elisa Glendenning
Entertaining

Great fresh read. Looking forward to the third instalment. Love all the characters and the historical eras. My only gripe were the multiple points of view within chapters.
Shelly Boltz-Zito
Great story of in series

#2 in the series is another winner! The story of Eve, Titus, Enoch continues with twists, turns, surprises and shocks. A great series, can't wait to read the next book!
Amanda
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I tried

The instalove is rough in this series, but I loved the concept and tried to stick with it in hopes it'd get better. Great idea for a story, I just couldn't do the really bad romance. Stopping partway through 3.
Megan
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of these characters. The masterful blend of vampires, Nephillum, and time travel make for an exciting romp through time.
Michele
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I absolutely love this this series. I absolutely love Eve and Enoch. I highly recommend this series... I can't wait to read the next one!!!
K.N. Timofeev
This book was a little slower paced for me. It didn't grab me the way the first one did, but I still enjoyed it because it was more about relationships than action.
Sara
Abram is so crazy. Funny how Enoch can tell him what to do, though.
Some more misadventures in time travel. Enoch is now a pirate. Eve’s smitten and malfunctioning. Good times.

• High Treason (The High Stakes Saga Book 5)
  • Black Veil (The Sworn Saga, #3)
  • Silver Wolf (The Sworn Saga, #2)
  • Red Rider (The Sworn Saga, #1)
  • Hidden Knights (Knights of the Realm, #3)
  • Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
  • Shadow Rise (Shadow Fall, #2)
  • The Exiled (Dominion of Ash, #2)
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Of Glass and Glamour (Daughters of Eville Book 2)
  • Outlawed (Sherwood Outlaws Book 1)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)
  • A Crown of Ash (The Kingmakers' War, #9)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Throne of Sand (Desert Nights Novels, #1)
  • Outplayed (Sherwood Outlaws Book 2)
  • The Lochlann Treaty: Complete Series
  • Vampire Debt (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #2)
Casey Bond lives in West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She likes goats and yoga, but hasn't tried goat yoga because the family goat is so big he might break her back. Seriously, he's the size of a pony. Her favorite books are the ones that contain magical worlds and flawed characters she would want to hang out with. Most days of the week, she writes young adult fanta ...more

The High Stakes Saga (5 books)
  • High Stakes (The High Stakes Saga #1)
  • High Society (The High Stakes Saga #3)
  • High Noon (The High Stakes Saga #4)
  • High Treason (The High Stakes Saga, #5)