Start by marking “Recovered: How an Accident, Alcohol, and Addiction Led Me to God” as Want to Read:
Recovered: How an Accident, Alcohol, and Addiction Led Me to God

Recovered: How an Accident, Alcohol, and Addiction Led Me to God

Robby Gallaty is not who you think he is.

In Recovered, pastor and author Robby Gallaty tells the story of how God radically saved him from his addictions and called him into a life of discipleship.

Robby grew up in a very religious Catholic family who attended church every Sunday and confession on Saturday if needed. Very rarely did he miss a Saturday night dinner and a
Published October 15th 2019 by B Books

To ask other readers questions about Recovered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recovered

Start your review of Recovered: How an Accident, Alcohol, and Addiction Led Me to God
Karl Dumas
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you read a book and can’t help but wish it was you that had written it. Sometimes it’s because of the writing itself- the beauty of how the words are put together, and sometimes it’s for the experiences that you can relate to which are narrated in those words. Other times it’s just because of the message of hope that is conveyed, a message that so many people need to hear.
Robby Gallaty is a pastor and the author of several books pertaining to leading and growing a church., I’ve read
Bethany
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes we hear about someone, or even interact with someone frequently, and yet have no idea what that person has been through or is currently walking through. I knew that Robby Gallaty was a pastor and an author, but I did not know what his past held. In Recovered, Robby is courageous enough to share his past, and it included drugs, addiction, and hitting rock bottom a few times before finally overcoming in Christ.

This book follows Robby as he battles addiction to pharmaceutical drugs after
Christopher Sweet
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down. I was riveted by the persistence of God in Dr Gallaty’s life despite his persistence toward sin. So it is with all of our stories: the same persistent God, but we each chase various sins and all need redemption.

Not only is this an excellent account of God’s pursuit of Robby, it is a testimony of faith and God’s power at work in His people when they seek Him in dependent prayer.
Hal Nottingham
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Robby's story is naturally shared - could almost hear him telling the story as if he was in the room with me as I read. The power of God in His life even before he knew what that meant is compelling. For anyone who has felt overpowered by forces beyond their control, this is a great read! I will be recommending it to many people who have already come to mind that I believe it will encourage and inspire.
Lauren Crews
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Robby is completely transparent in Recovered. He reveals the good, the bad and the ugly. Not many people are willing to share their past, especially those in the public eye. In doing so, Robby shows that God can overcome all things. My takeaway is that our past doesn't prevent God from using people in mighty ways. If God can do it for Robby, and man, what a past, God can do it for anyone.
Jeff Short
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Gallaty magnifies the grace and mercy of God. His writing about his life is shockingly honest, but never gratuitous to glorify sin. He clearly points to sin as the problem and Jesus Christ as the answer. That is completely true of everyone of us, whether you've ever experienced addiction or not.
Mike Saulsbury
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you struggle with addiction, looking for purpose, peace, joy read this book! If you are a believer read this book and be encouraged to pray, read, memorize scripture, disciple others, a true prodigal son story, God’s grace is always greater than our problems!
Michael Beach
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very powerful testimony! I was captivated by the story. A great reminder of God's passionate pursuit of His prodigal children. If you or someone you care about struggles with any kind of addiction, I highly recommend this book!
Amy Morgan
After spending 10 years in New Orleans, I knew Robby Gallaty’s name and one-sentence summary of his story. It truly is a redemptive story, and I appreciated the reality in the details. The most helpful section is probably the afterward with advice to addicts and their families.
Bradley Chambers
Nov 12, 2019
Kim Furches
Dec 08, 2019

• Evangellyfish
  • Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!
  • Hair
  • Mini Myths: Play Nice, Hercules!
  • A Small Book for the Anxious Heart: Meditations on Fear, Worry, and Trust
  • Superhero Dad
  • No, Silly!
  • The Truth About The Lordship Of Christ
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • Does God Exist?
  • Adorning the Dark: Thoughts on Community, Calling, and the Mystery of Making
  • P is for Potty! (Sesame Street)
  • ESV Study Bible
  • The Green Ember (The Green Ember, #1)
  • The Unsaved Christian: Reaching Cultural Christianity with the Gospel