Start by marking “Scarlett's Spectacles: A Cheerful Choice for a Happy Heart” as Want to Read:
Scarlett's Spectacles: A Cheerful Choice for a Happy Heart

Scarlett's Spectacles: A Cheerful Choice for a Happy Heart

Which pair will you wear?

In a world where every person faces a daily choice between two pairs of glasses, young Scarlett grumbles through day after day, seeing only the dreary aspects of the circumstances around her through her “grumbly glasses.” Her loving mother, tired of Scarlett making a spectacle of herself with her grumbly attitude, encourages Scarlett to give her “
Board Book, 24 pages
Published October 1st 2019 by B Kids

To ask other readers questions about Scarlett's Spectacles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarlett's Spectacles

Start your review of Scarlett's Spectacles: A Cheerful Choice for a Happy Heart
Suzie Waltner
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rhyming, sing-song prose and bright, inviting illustrations are sure to draw little readers to Scarlett’s Spectacles. I can easily see this becoming one of those books that’s read so often, everyone has is memorized before long.

This board book follows Scarlett through her days as she exchanges her grumpy glasses to ones that view circumstances and daily activities through a thankful heart. What an excellent lesson for children to learn early in life.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary
Joanne Viola
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Children can grumble and whine about many things throughout the day. When a lovely little girl named Scarlett grumbles throughout the day, her mom knows she must do something to change the way Scarlett gets through each day.

Scarlett’s Spectacles by Janet Surette is a whimsical story sure to win over the heart of any child. When Scarlett tires of her own grumpiness, she takes her mother’s suggestion to exchange her grumpy glasses for a glad pair.

As Scarlett wears her glad glasses she discovers
Fay Jacobsohn
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an interesing children's book about a girl named Scarlett who always wears her grumpy glasses and tends to be grouchy throughout the day. She learns to wear her glad glasses and to be happy about the things that happen and for what she has.

I read it to my granddaughter and she engaged with the story and the pictures quite well. However, the idea of glasses was too abstract for her and she couldn't understand why they threw the grumpy glasses out. It could just as well have been a book
S.K.
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
My husband and my four-year-old wear glasses so all four of my kids are always fascinated by glasses books. In this case, Scarlett's glasses are actually metaphorical glasses meant to represent her outlook. Will she choose to put on glasses that show her everything that could be better? Or glasses of gratitude? This book brought about some great discussion, and we all lived the illustrations, too. Scarlett also happens to be a big fan of piggies, just like my three-year-old.

*I received a free
Lynn
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
The story is wonderful and so are the charming illustrations!
Whimsical fun with a serious message :)
I loved readingScarlett's Spectacles and hope to see more from Janet Surette and Shane Crampton in the future.
Read more here https://everydaywiththeking.com/2019/...
I received this book from B&H Publishing in exchange for an honest review.
The opinions expressed here are completely my own.
Jess Bleakley
marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2019

• Adorning the Dark: Thoughts on Community, Calling, and the Mystery of Making
  • Words of Comfort for Women
  • Why Do We Say Good Night?
  • Words of Hope for Women
  • Germs Make Me Sick!
  • Achoo!: The Most Interesting Book You'll Ever Read about Germs
  • Pigeon Math
  • The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
  • One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)
  • Yasmin the Zookeeper
  • Henry and Mudge and Mrs. Hopper's House
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Great Grandpas (Henry and Mudge, #26)