Start by marking “Easy Love: A Modern Romance” as Want to Read:

How 20-Somethings Find Love in New York:
1. Meet for tapas.
2. Pretend you care more about his day than your career circling the drain.
3. Stumble to your place. Kick him out before he trips on dirty laundry. (Literal or figurative.)

It’s easy. That’s how I like it.

Before you crown me the least romantic person in Manhattan, meet my competition.

Dr. Wesley Robinson.

Keen blue
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Love

Michele
Wow!! This book was such a pleasant surprise. It's the first book I've read by Piper Lawson and it was really enjoyable! I absolutely loved the chemistry between Wes and Rena. They started out with her awkwardly thinking they were being set up on a blind date when he was meeting up with her for business help. Then they moved from a business relationship to friendship to ...well...other things. They each bring different hangups into their evolving relationship. Rena always used sex as an escape f ...more
Pick a Book
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-english
Romantic, slow pace, funny, hero and heroine that connect right at the first encounter, a story that just leaves you with a huge smile on your face. I love Piper Lawson books and with this one is no different. I enjoyed it a lot and I highly recommend it.
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

After reading the blurb, I didn’t know what intrigued me more, the fact that it was a slow burn story (I enjoy those) or the fact that it was about a hot nerd (I love them too) or the fact that the male character had created a DNA dating app!? There were enough things in the blurb to make me curious about this story.

‘Easy love’ is an easy to read story. Readers who have read the ‘Wicked’ series will recognize Rena, s
Emily Eck
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this to read. My first ARC ever!! I was so excited. I think, though, that I was supposed to have this review in sooner. Insert hand on face emoji here.

See, the problem was that I was already reading a book when Lawson sent me the ARC. It was a really good book, too. BUT I decided to take a pause on Travesty by PIPER LAWSON (yes, I was in the midst of reading her back log) to start Easy Love.

I didn't realize it was Rena's story. I looooved the Good Girl series, so when the o
Debbie Hanson
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-review
Piper Lawson
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was such a fun, sweet, uncoordinated and sexy story. I absolutely adored Wes Robinson. He reminded me of Sheldon Cooper. The whole science geek thing really worked in this book. He cracked me up with his unco look on life and women. But he needs help with a dating app, and being set up with Rena from an agency to help sell it he’s going to get more than he bargained for. We’ve all heard the song opposites attract, well Easy love is the lyrics i
Piper Lawson
Apr 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I should probably pimp this book here...

But this is not a ‘pimping’ book. It’s not that scene from Titanic (anyone else old enough?) where they’re standing, arms spread, on the front of the boat and the music crescendos and all I can think is ‘how is no one hurling into the Atlantic right now?!’

Three words to describe EASY LOVE (and yes, I wrote it): 1. Awkward. 2. Slow burn. 3. Real.

💋 For anyone who’s gone out with friends on a Saturday night and ended up going home with one of them? This is y
Pamela Lilley
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Geek meets party girl. That was my first impression, but as with most things, there’s a lot more to it than meets the eye. Wesley Robinson loves his job. He lives his job. Science is his dream, and Rena Crawford is going to help him achieve it. With a DNA dating app of all things. An app that Rena happily tests, in the interest of research, to help her figure out the best way to market it, much to Wes’s chagrin. I mean why does it bother him so much. They have absolutely nothing in common (well ...more
Isha Coleman
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Lawson makes it easy to find humor in the moments that aren't always funny. Easy Love is a smartly written look at the embarrassing moments. Wes wants everything to be just right. What happens when the man with a plan encounters a glitch that could ruin it all? Rena is the disruption he couldn't have predicted. She throws every idea he has off course. Can the dreamer and the realist meet in the middle of the chaos? Sometimes we tend to forget that it's the imperfections of life that make our exi ...more
Smart Women Read Romance

This is the kind of slowburn that I love to read! Easy Love was my introduction to Piper Lawson and I've got to say that I'm ready to read every book she's ever written.

The characters were complicated, interesting, and experienced great character growth throughout.

Our first interaction between the H and h left me with mixed feelings toward Rena, but she grew on me the more I got to know her. It was a hilariously written meet-cute filled based on a misunderstanding that the heroine thought it w
Heather andrews
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wes is just real appreciative of his woman's assets, "Wes drags my tank top up and off my arms. Then pulls back to look at me. “Whoa.” His voice is reverent and a little stunned. I have good boobs." I liked this book, I liked Wes.
Jeeves
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!!! Easy Love is a romantic, fast-paced, light-hearted and funny book about the complexities of love in the modern age. The story follows Rena and Wes, total opposites who somehow complement each other perfectly. Rena comes from a wealthy family, she’s beautiful, funny and likes to have casual hookups. Wes is a total science nerd, who focuses almost exclusively on his research and doesn’t have time for a personal life. When the two meet, the circumstances are not ideal, but they have ea ...more
Elizabeth Connor
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, after reading the series about Haley and Jax, I was really worried this was going to be a cliffhanger. Thankfully, it was not.

Piper Lawson creates great characters, and this one, told from the dueling POVs of Wes and Rena, allows the reader to really get into their heads. She is particularly adept at describing feelings in a way that is both original, yet universal.

This was a great example of the complicated feelings anyone can have at the start of a relationship, particularly
Dawn Herring
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No one writes what I call "smart" romance like Piper Lawson. Each time I read one of her books/series, I'm fascinated by the depth of knowledge that bleeds through, whether it's about gaming, fashion, music, or science. Either this gal knows about everything under the sun or she does a ton of research when writing a book. The end result is a wonderfully authentic story. Add to that two likeable yet struggling characters whose work and personal lives are realistically difficult and you get a book ...more
Cat
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love an Opposites attract romance when two people come together despite their differences whether that is because of personality or appearances they are so much fun to read.
Wes and Rena are quite different, but like magnetic poles they are drawn to one another, they both have a common goal to be successful in all they do, and after meeting in an unusual way begin working on a project together. Getting to know eachother, and lighting a spark that starts a friendship, which could turn into more
Mary
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rena has an amazing energy and spirit but work is kicking her pretty hard. When her friend Jake sets her up on a date, she isn’t sure what to expect. Wes’s world has flipped and all he plans are in turmoil. He reaches out to Jake to find a way to sell his app and he connects him with Rena. Ah yes, the misunderstanding business meeting/date begins an unlikely relationship. Rena likes the nerdy scientist and knows he needs help so she takes on the challenge to help him sell his app. Wes is shocked ...more
Gladys
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book so much. It offers up a slow burning romance that will make you laugh, swoon, smile and have your heart melting. The chemistry between Rena and Wes was absolutely atomic. The story line cleverly blends cute and sweet with heat, then adds outrageous, cringeworthy moments that come across as painfully realistic and for some of us totally relatable. A totally terrific read! This is my forthright review that I am posting of my own accord.
Lisa  Roth
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book hit every check box for me. Sweet...check, Slow Burn...check, Sexy Nerd...CHECK! OMG I never wanted it to end and the way Piper writes these characters, as if the reader knows them personally and is right there with them through the whole story, I Love That. She makes them Easy to Love...hahaha, pun intended. I also appreciated the Haley and Jax update and last but certainly not least a big shout out to Scrunchie, you gotta love that skunk. Now I am eagerly awaiting the next book in th ...more
May
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book. It's a great and fun read. The characters were interesting and likable. I like Wes a lot. I love his deadpan humour especially. I laughed out loud countless times at his one-liners. I like that Rena is smart AND beautiful AND sassy. Their dialogue sparkles. :) I love the happy ending too. I was sad when the book ended because I like the characters so much.

Mary
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story although I did find it tough slogging through the first bit with all of the scientific words 😊. I loved how Wes and Rena‘s relationship developed, the way that Wes understood Rena from a scientific viewpoint but then from a ‘human’ one as well. This story brought a smile to my heart.
Ruth McDonnell
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Wes and Rena! Wesley has developed a dating app that he wants to market and sell. His friend Jake sets him up with his friend, Rena, to help him market it. Only Rena thinks it’s a date and wants to skip to the sex part of the evening! These two could not be more polar opposites than they are, but they explode with chemistry. Can these two find love in their DNA? Loved reading their story! 5 stars
Rachel Kennedy
Loved this book, the story of Wes and Rena

He is a scientist and doesn't believe in falling in love. She is in PR. They are both total opposites, and as they start to spend more time together they realise that opposites do attract.

A quirky and entertaining read.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.
Lauren - SERIESous Books
**I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest voluntary review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

Piper Lawson writes some of my favourite New Adult romances out there. She just has this great ability to write strong characters (especially her heroines) that also have vulnerability. I just find her stories are so genuine and realistic even if there is some drama along the way.

And that's exactly what we get here!

I loved how this romance built a
Silvia
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was crushing on Wed from the start! I don’t know how Piper Lawson does it but she writes amazing characters that you are either instantly smitten or are wishing they were your BFF! The chemistry between Wes and Rena was insane! The slow burn, then sizzle turned inferno gave me all the feels!! So glad to see Haley and Jax again!
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy!
Suzanne
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rena is a fun loving woman, trying hard to get the recognition in her job at an advertising agency. She hasn't been there that long and still trying to prove her worth.

Wes gets to meet Rena under unusual circumstances and a complete misunderstanding. This doesn't stop their blooming friendship. The pair are complete opposites.

Plenty of giggles along the way with this very quirky friendship, who both end up with more than they bargained for. Some strong heart felt moments that you don't see com
Christy Stiger
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was just as fun and witty as Piper Lawson's other books. I loved following Serena's story and seeing Hailey and Jax pop up halfway through. I loved Wes. He was a perfect nerd who was also thoughtful and a man who had restraint. This book was a fun ride.
Anna
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by this author! More than a romance, it explores the main characters personalities and approaches to love, work, relationships etc. Relatable characters with substance.
Thi
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I completely fell in love with Wes and Rena. Wes is one yummy nerd and I loved Rena’s quirkiness.
Stacey Gomez
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable.. this is my first book from Ms. Lawson. I enjoyed the banter between Wes and Ren. I am beginning to have a soft spot for nerdy love..
BP34
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

A contemporary romance that both cute and nostalgic. Grab a cold drink and a comfortable seat because you'll be reading for a while. A cute book that is fun to read and engaging as well. Wonderful characters that are easy to like and an entertaining storyline. I read a reader copy and voluntarily chose to review.
S
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars !! I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for review! I’ve been a huge Piper Lawson fan since I first picked up “Play” and I’m so excited to start this new series! This book follows the story of Wes and Rena. It’s a slow burn opposites attract story that I just ate up. I’m a sucker for opposites attract relationships probably because they touch something on my own relationship but I just love them. And this story was no exception! This story was witty, funny and felt very real to me. I l ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Piper Lawson is a USA Today bestselling author of modern romance.
Join my Insiders list now for a steamy exclusive read! ➜ http://eepurl.com/bNQmYT
Hang out with me in my Facebook reader group! ➜ http://www.facebook.com/groups/884510...

I love reading and writing stories where the girls aren’t doormats, the guys aren’t asshats, and secondary characters aren’t second-class citizens. A card-carrying mi